Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:38 PM

My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg (33911 Views)

Enugu North: Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Loses Senate Bid To Lp's Okey Ezea / Peter Obi Condemns The Killing Of Christopher Ohizu (Ideato North LG Chairman) / INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by ghettochild(m): 11:04am On Mar 15, 2023
My brother relax... them go pay una.
I did my NYSC too in Nsukka back in 2011
And I remembered the electoral officer being biased as they has used more natives than corps members..
So I remember leading a small revolt then... standing on one of the old ballot boxes to call the attention of other corps member insinuating that the so Called electoral officer indicate by giving us a list of all the Corps member chosen for the electoral processes..
Omo see ginger that day.. when one of the inec workers pushed me off of the ballot box..
Na so I hear dem born u well try am again.
I mounted the box n made the announcement.
Infact when I finished ehn.. see accolade.
Some corps member to ask me which university I attended... omo see the shock they had when I told em Babcock university.
Anyways, even after the 1st election that made Jonathan the president we were been owed n then another wahala as we all said we won't go to our polling unit..
The nsukka local government chairman came n gave us 250000 to b shared by 250 corps member..
See ooo, common to collect list n share money by the corps members selected for the electoral process.. another wahala...
Eventually the Enugu NYSC boss came to address us n told us that we will be paid..
We were paid 9000 per day..
And we did work 4 days over 4 weekends..
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Never4getU: 11:09am On Mar 15, 2023
Neweramify:
MY EXPERIENCE AS INEC AD-HOC STAFF IN ENUGU NORTH LGA

I'm currently a Corp member (NYSC) serving in Enugu North LGA, we were used for the 2023 presidential election at Enugu North LGA. We had three days training before the election date. During the training, we were told provision would be made for our transportation and feeding, but we are yet to receive anything.

We were told to be present at INEC office a day before the election and that we will be sleeping at our collation center which didn't happen. We all ended up sleeping at the INEC office.

We never knew we will be sleeping in an open air, without a roof over our head and on a MAT.

Neither did we know we will be visited by a Snake, BIG rats, spiders, BIG black ants, etc while sleeping. We almost got bitten by a snake but God safed us.

it all happened without any medical personal on ground.

Provision wasn't made for food, not even a sachet water. we went through all this without getting 5 naira from INEC.

On the day of the presidential election, there wasn't enough vehicles to convey us to our polling unit. Some of us got to our polling unit by 1pm, 2pm etc and almost got beaten by the angry voters who had waited for so long to cast their vote, thank God for the Reverend father who intervened on our behalf.
I'm grateful to God for a peaceful conduct in my polling unit.

After election, our buses came to pick us back to INEC office for submission of election materials.

Arriving INEC office, The INEC officials refused to collect the election materials from us. We were asked to spend another night in their office (without food and water). Some of my colleagues disagreed with them, begged them to get the materials so that they can go back to their destination which they refused.

A Corp member said to one of the officials,

i quote "please sir, why is INEC treating us like animals"

How did they expect us to return from our polling unit, with all the stress we went through at the polling unit, standing all day without food & water yet expect us to spend another night here without making any provisions for us. Not even the training/feeding allowance was given to us.

We had no option than to sleep just to secure the materials given to us since the INEC officials refused to collect the election materials that night.

I told God, if I survive this night, I will never do INEC work again. I was so hungry, tired and stressed out, I had just 200 naira with me which was supposed to be my transport (remember it's hard to get cash in Nigeria).
How I survived till morning being Sunday 26 February 2023 is still a miracle. This incident made me conclude that hunger doesn't kill.

As early as 5am on the 26 February, INEC officials started collecting the election materials while checking if everything was complete in the BVAS box given to us.

In conclusion, I want to appeal to you all to help us beg INEC officials in Enugu North LGA, Enugu, to please pay the Corp members they used to carry out the election and all the INEC AD-HOC STAFF here in Enugu North.

Let it be known that we the Corp members at Enugu North LGA are not going to participate in the Governorship election if we don't receive our allowances for the presidential election.
Thank You.

The president
Corp members affair (NYSC)
ENUGU NORTH LGA.
13/03/2023

Mobs Please help move this to front page

When we say it, they're the first to rant on the internet. The southeast part of this country are cannibals, they're not receptive neither are they accommodating in nature. They're very divisive and animaly in nature. This isn't the case in the southwest, Ad-hoc staff get better treatment among the yorubas. We provide them with canopies, chairs even get them foods to eat. We never subject them to such a dehumanize situations, we get them a place in the local govt in a very conducive and relaxing to lay over not animal ridden crib.

This is one thing we say about the igbo, the accommodating nature of the yoruba they're trying to misunderstood for cowardice isn't something they can accept in the east. U're only welcome in the east as visitor Just for a day or two, but anything after u're no longer welcoming afterwards. They do all sort of evil things to u. They will monitor ur life and until they succeeded pushing u out they won't rest over ur matter.
I'm speaking from experience. The igbo are not good people.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by LZAA: 11:10am On Mar 15, 2023
helinues:
The money that must have been approved but some wicked set of people want to sit on it.

So many opportunists in Nigeria
Which you voted for again
But for your mind na igbo vs yoruba
Kontinu o aunty helen๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by helinues: 11:11am On Mar 15, 2023
LZAA:

Which you voted for again
But for your mind na igbo vs yoruba
Kontinu o aunty helen๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

And where did the incident happen? Have you heard of the same in other region?

Hian

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Whois(m): 11:12am On Mar 15, 2023
I suspect inec officials intentionally made the mistake to cover their tracks

Zeewirld:
...How is receiving double payment a luck?? That was stealing.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by LZAA: 11:13am On Mar 15, 2023
Never4getU:

When we say it, they're the first to rant on the internet. The southeast part of this country are cannibals, they're not receptive neither are they accommodating in nature. They're very divisive and animaly in nature. This isn't the case in the southwest, Ad-hoc staff get better treatment among the yorubas. We provide them with canopies, chairs even get them foods to eat. We never subject them to such a dehumanize situations, we get them a place in the local govt in a very conducive and relaxing to lay over not animal ridden crib.

This is one thing we say about the igbo, the accommodating nature of the yoruba they're bow trying to misunderstood for cowardice isn't something they can accept in the east. U're only be welcome in the east as visitor Just for a day or two, but anything after u're no longer welcoming afterwards. They do all sort of evil things to u. They will monitor ur life and until they succeeded pushing u out they won't rest over ur matter.
I'm speaking from experience. The igbo are not good people.
If you're not an utter lunatic you would take time and think of INEC and a state government
And that corp member obviously exaggerated because surprise surprise Enugu town is in Enugu North so there's no way he as a corp member slept outside much more encountered reptiles outside
When they tell you lot to travel una no go gree
You will keep rambling nonsense
Smh
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by LZAA: 11:14am On Mar 15, 2023
helinues:

Hian
So all the thuggery,box snatching,vote burning did not happen in SW
Aunty helen rest abeg
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by dannex4adx(m): 11:14am On Mar 15, 2023
Neweramify:

I'm currently a Corp member (NYSC) serving in Enugu North LGA, we were used for the 2023 presidential election at Enugu North LGA. We had three days training before the election date. During the training, we were told provision would be made for our transportation and feeding, but we are yet to receive anything.

We were told to be present at INEC office a day before the election and that we will be sleeping at our collation center which didn't happen. We all ended up sleeping at the INEC office.

We never knew we will be sleeping in an open air, without a roof over our head and on a MAT.

Neither did we know we will be visited by a Snake, BIG rats, spiders, BIG black ants, etc while sleeping. We almost got bitten by a snake but God safed us.

Provision wasn't made for food, not even a sachet water. we went through all this without getting 5 naira from INEC.

On the day of the presidential election, there wasn't enough vehicles to convey us to our polling unit. Some of us got to our polling unit by 1pm, 2pm etc and almost got beaten by the angry voters who had waited for so long to cast their vote, thank God for the Reverend father who intervened on our behalf.

After election, our buses came to pick us back to INEC office for submission of election materials.

Arriving INEC office, The INEC officials refused to collect the election materials from us. We were asked to spend another night in their office (without food and water). Some of my colleagues disagreed with them, begged them to get the materials so that they can go back to their destination which they refused.

How did they expect us to return from our polling unit, with all the stress we went through at the polling unit, standing all day without food & water yet expect us to spend another night here without making any provisions for us. Not even the training/feeding allowance was given to us.

We had no option than to sleep just to secure the materials given to us since the INEC officials refused to collect the election materials that night.

I told God, if I survive this night, I will never do INEC work again. I was so hungry, tired and stressed out, I had just 200 naira with me which was supposed to be my transport (remember it's hard to get cash in Nigeria).
How I survived till morning being Sunday 26 February 2023 is still a miracle. This incident made me conclude that hunger doesn't kill.

As early as 5am on the 26 February, INEC officials started collecting the election materials while checking if everything was complete in the BVAS box given to us.

In conclusion, I want to appeal to you all to help us beg INEC officials in Enugu North LGA, Enugu, to please pay the Corp members they used to carry out the election and all the INEC AD-HOC STAFF here in Enugu North.

Let it be known that we the Corp members at Enugu North LGA are not going to participate in the Governorship election if we don't receive our allowances for the presidential election.
Thank You.

The president
ENUGU NORTH LGA.
13/03/2023

Did you rig for obi?
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Fintiri: 11:15am On Mar 15, 2023
helinues:

Hian

Do you know what NYSC camp looks like ?

If no graduate first stop claiming what you are not .
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by ufotunang: 11:17am On Mar 15, 2023
Your money has been looted and they have diverted into their bank accountd/. pocket
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by ufotunang: 11:18am On Mar 15, 2023
A country like nigeria is not worth dieing for
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Fearyourcreator: 11:18am On Mar 15, 2023
SmartPolician:

Dr., Fix it...
Go hospital for east
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Clintonpaul: 11:21am On Mar 15, 2023
Neweramify:

This almost exactly my experience...
I worked as Ratech in Ezeagu LGA, we too slept at Ezeagu LGA inec office with no transport/feeding allowance. I didn't eat anything from Saturday till Sunday afternoon when I got to Enugu. The hunger and stress was too much...
Inec is just wicked! It's high time we left the job for them...

Thank You.

The president
ENUGU NORTH LGA.
13/03/2023

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Isabi4lov: 11:22am On Mar 15, 2023
With all the money allocated undecided
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Gandrova: 11:23am On Mar 15, 2023
SmartPolician:
After going through all this, some people had the guts to vote for Tinubu. Nigerians don't deserve pity.

Those who will do this work in 2027 will experience worse things if Tinubu isn't kicked out of that office by the Supreme Court.
You are a compound fool. The Federal Government disbursed 350billions to INEC. The lapses came from INEC regional head ! Ode

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by utenwuson: 11:28am On Mar 15, 2023
SmartPolician:
After going through all this, some people had the guts to vote for Tinubu. Nigerians don't deserve pity.

Those who will do this work in 2027 will experience worse things if Tinubu isn't kicked out of that office by the Supreme Court.
cos tinubu is the inec re in Enugu... Idiet, your hatred for him will not stop the man...

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Josephkabila12: 11:29am On Mar 15, 2023
SmartPolician:

did ur ibos vote him, so keep quiet

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Gboom: 11:29am On Mar 15, 2023
Karlifate:

To be frank, this vicious circle will never end.

@ bolded:

When these same children are opportuned to occupy various Ministries, Departments & Agencies, they'll also inflict the same pain they pass through onto other innocent children. kiss

Indeed! Nigeria's problem are monumental BUT the positive change we seek starts with you & I kiss
Average Nigerian has greed and oppressive tendencies inherent in their DNA. They like to enrich themselves at the detriment of others.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by pafo(m): 11:32am On Mar 15, 2023
SmartPolician:

You and the 65 people who liked your post are quite dumb. How is Tinubu the cause of this?

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by yemzone(m): 11:35am On Mar 15, 2023
Sorry for your unpleasant experience.

They will still pay. Most of the states paid late. You guys can decide not to go for their refreshers training or the election proper. It's only a wicked soul that can do this.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by drimzsmoke(m): 11:40am On Mar 15, 2023
Zonefree:
We worked for INEC during our service year. We got paid two weeks after elections.

Exactly!!!
My 2015 election experience in Rivers State was very "sweet" sha.I had 80K on me on the night of the election.PDP 50k,APC 20k,I can't remember the party that paid 10k again
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by rajiedreez: 11:41am On Mar 15, 2023
If you've done government ad-hoc work before you won't be surprised
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by lagosrd: 11:42am On Mar 15, 2023
Don't give up. Go back and do your work and campaign for LP candidate . Thats the only language they understand. If they still need you , let them pay before service , them now tell them mode operandi
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by drlateef: 11:42am On Mar 15, 2023
SmartPolician:

We thought you had stopped wailing. We will bring out the buckets for your tears!!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Zonefree(m): 11:43am On Mar 15, 2023
drimzsmoke:

Exactly!!!
My 2015 election experience in Rivers State was very "sweet" sha.I had 80K on me on the night of the election.PDP 50k,APC 20k,I can't remember the party that paid 10k again
Mine was same year but I had more than that sha. Politicians just dey dash us money like say we be their side chicks grin

Money dey Niger Delta, forget.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by yemzone(m): 11:47am On Mar 15, 2023
kcpumping:
We were treated same way in 2011 in Ogun State.

I mobilised all ota Corp members and we stormed abeokuta for our money. When the commission wanted to play us we headed to the rock fm to make the whole stuff go on air. But on realising that, the man sent for me and my guys and appealed that the money will be paid within 24hrs. He even ask us to go to Rock fm and broadcast it with his car.

Go and verify. *We were paid same day*

That country don cast tey tey
LoL. You must have been an SUG leader before.

If people don't show these guys werey, they won't act right. You did well

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by drimzsmoke(m): 11:47am On Mar 15, 2023
Zonefree:

Mine was same year but I had more than that sha. Politicians just dey dash us money like say we be their side chicks grin

lolz....you think
I was the presiding officer (PO) of my unit.The money I made on election day lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Modify: it was a night before the election,not the election night....election night was a different ball game entirely!!!
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Moshood30: 11:50am On Mar 15, 2023
Bro make Una no reason inec money soon . before we collect ours na after our service year...do the second one make them pay u your money complete.. my second no c him money because him no do the second one..
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Fatheemah(f): 11:56am On Mar 15, 2023
This is actually unfair, i worked as an adhoc staff (ex-corps) here in Osun state. I've received honoraria, training and other allowance. There's security on ground, mat was provided, we even had our bath unless one doesn't wished to. They didn't even consider some ladies might be on their monthly stuff? What If anything happens to anyone of you guys? God forbid. This is just pure wickedness and heartless act. I'm sure they've paid those that are meant to disburse the money to you guys.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by greypencils: 11:59am On Mar 15, 2023
SmartPolician:

Tinubu is not the problem. It is not INEC Abuja that is solely responsible for Adhoc staff not being paid but rather, the State, regional and LGA coordinators. Money is siphoned at all levels till the ward level. Even the dude in charge of your ward, your tribesman will zazu you and cheat you of your money if you allow it. I should know. It happened to me as a corp member in Abia State.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by otokx(m): 12:00pm On Mar 15, 2023
Zonefree:

Especially Rivers State
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg by Herbiodun09: 12:03pm On Mar 15, 2023
SmartPolician:

The generational curse on your family cant be gone even after a thousand years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ikonso: COAS Hails Troops, Says Death Of Slain Soldiers Not In Vain / Fashola And Ambode Throw Souvenirs At People At Alimosho / "Northern Governors Have Abandoned Buhari Because Of VP Slot" - Arewa Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.