Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

See What Thugs Did To This American Returnee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Thugs Did To This American Returnee (1040 Views)

Yakubu Gowon Confirms Paternity Of Musa, USA-returnee Son Musa / See What This American Trump Supporter Said About Nigeria / See What Fayose's Thugs Did To Students Who Endorsed Buhari (Viewers Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Thugs Did To This American Returnee by aloyemeka1: 11:41pm On Sep 15, 2011
[size=14pt]See what thugs did to this American returnee[/size]
By TOKUNBO OLOKE
Wednesday, September 14, 2011

•Unogu
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

For long, the Federal Government has been calling on Nigerians in the Diaspora to come home and invest in the country, describing them as an invaluable catalyst in Nigeria’s transformation agenda. Well, a Nigerian based in the United States who heeded the call is regretting the decision.

Dr. Okechukwu Unogu owns a pharmaceutical company in the United States. He says his intention was to come home and establish such pharmaceutical companies in Nigeria’s rural areas, asserting that he has a deep passion for rural dwellers and their healthcare.
Dr. Unogu says he was, however, beaten black and blue by some miscreants over a plot of land he purchased in Igando, a suburb of Lagos State.

Hear him: “I told a classmate and friend, Mr. Ugochukwu Ezeugwa, to help me purchase a plot of land in 2003 since I was not based in Nigeria. I gave him some amount of money. Actually, I have been coming home since then but I never had a chance to visit the place until I came home this time. I called my friend, who later asked me to call one Adewumi Dada to show me the land. The very day we were going to see the land, I went with my brother, Emmanuel Unogu, and another friend, Mr. Emeka Irregbi. As we were going, I noticed that this man, Adewumi, was making some calls in Yoruba. When we got there, I noticed that my name had been removed from the gate, and the two-bedroom apartment that I told my friend to build on the land before building the pharmaceutical factory had been demolished and a new duplex built on it.

“At this juncture, I had to call my friend, Ugochukwu, whom I gave money to. He told me to be careful, saying this was land matter. I was not happy. As the argument continued, I saw four guys. They came and started asking, ‘where is the man?’ Immediately Adewumi pointed at me and they started beating me, hauling stones and using every available weapon they could lay their hands on. Thank God, my brother was able to escape from the scene. He ran to the police station. The mob threatened to burn me together with my car but thank God for the early arrival of the police, who arrested two of them. Unfortunately, I was told the police released them the following day.”
When contacted for clarification, the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Igando Police Station, Mr. Adeoye, confirmed that division was handling the matter. He said the matter was already in court, adding that prosecution was halted because the plaintiff is out of the country.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/sept/14/national-14-09-2011-0017.html
Re: See What Thugs Did To This American Returnee by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:04am On Sep 16, 2011
2 lessons from this story:

1- Only trust the brother from your Mums womb when looking to send money from abroad for any venture (if perchance he chops the money, at least it's still in the family and he'll have to face your parents);

2- When thinking of investing back home, consider your own place first. I don't know when Ndigbo will hear word that they need to think of Alaigbo first b/4 other places.

I'm tempted to say 'serves him right', but i'm feeling a bit sorry for him so i wouldn't sad.
Re: See What Thugs Did To This American Returnee by Johndoe100(m): 12:11am On Sep 16, 2011
Eko Oni Baje O!
Re: See What Thugs Did To This American Returnee by jason123: 12:12am On Sep 16, 2011
Rubbish!!! What else do I expect from SUN NEWSPAPER?? SMH!!!
Re: See What Thugs Did To This American Returnee by htajz: 12:13am On Sep 16, 2011
hahahahahha of all places to invest na lagos you see. yeye man ,if you really cared for nigerians there are 35 other states that are desperate for such investments and the governors sef will be willing to give you free land and security ,silly people i just dont understand nigerians and their obsession with lagos,like proud igbo man said you should have at least started from your state of origin since you still be jjc.
Re: See What Thugs Did To This American Returnee by okadaman2: 12:24am On Sep 16, 2011
When contacted for clarification, the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Igando Police Station, Mr. Adeoye, confirmed that division was handling the matter.

He said the matter was already in court, adding that prosecution was halted because the plaintiff is out of the country.

Wey?? shocked shocked

Choi! See excuse and logic shocked shocked shocked

Naija Police go injure pesin with laugh ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: See What Thugs Did To This American Returnee by aloyemeka1: 1:36am On Sep 16, 2011
okada_man:

Wey??  shocked shocked

Choi! See excuse and logic   shocked shocked shocked

Naija Police go injure pesin with laugh ooo  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Of course if he is serious about his case, he should stay home and solve it. Is he scared of his motherland?
Re: See What Thugs Did To This American Returnee by aloyemeka1: 11:02am On Sep 16, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

2 lessons from this story:

1- Only trust the brother from your Mums womb when looking to send money from abroad for any venture (if perchance he chops the money, at least it's still in the family and he'll have to face your parents);

2- When thinking of investing back home, consider your own place first. I don't know when Ndigbo will hear word that they need to think of Alaigbo first b/4 other places.

I'm tempted to say 'serves him right', but i'm feeling a bit sorry for him so i wouldn't sad.

shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend / Germany's "boko Haram" Plants Sixteenth Firebomb / N174bn Fct Road Contract Fraud Uncovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.