Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,038 members, 7,863,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:18 AM

FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister (665 Views)

EFCC Stops Dollar Transactions, Asks Embassies To Charge In Naira / Aisha Buhari Orders IGP To Charge Aminu Adamu Muhammed To Court Over Tweet / Check Out The Car That Has Swimming Pool, Sitting Room And A Helicopter Landing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by saintbillion(m): 8:27am On Mar 14, 2023
Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika has announced that the federal government will be collecting landing fees from helicopters operating in Nigerian airspace.

Sirika announced this while announcing the latest batch of trained Helicopter Monitoring Officers at the International Wing of the Port Harcourt International Airport in the Rivers State capital.

The minister, who was represented by the Director of Human Resources at the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), Norris Anozie reiterated the resolve of the Federal Government to improve revenue collection of helicopter landing charges.

One of the newly trained Helicopter Monitoring Officers told Channels Television that everywhere helicopters land or take off from in the country will be adequately monitored.

The Helicopter Monitoring Officers are going to be vested with the responsibility of collecting landing fees on behalf of the Federal Government.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/3/fg-to-charge-helicopter-landing-fees-minister.html

Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by FarahAideed: 8:29am On Mar 14, 2023
Omonile society ..Buhari govt about to kill another sector

3 Likes

Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by saintbillion(m): 8:32am On Mar 14, 2023
FarahAideed:
Them go soon charge for air we breath

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by rantitubs: 8:32am On Mar 14, 2023
It cant work they can land practically any where
Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by princemillla(m): 8:33am On Mar 14, 2023
Not bad. Ordinary person no fit they fly chopper about and besides its charges both in UK and USA.

If u no eat belleful, wetin u dey find near chopper ?

3 Likes

Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by maleekberry: 8:41am On Mar 14, 2023
Useless government that doesn't know how to generate revenue.
Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by youngeagle(m): 8:41am On Mar 14, 2023
After stopping Obi-dient aircraft Obi started using helicopter, now they realized they havnt been collecting landing permit, self serving government
Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by LeoDeKing: 8:42am On Mar 14, 2023
FarahAideed:
Pls which sector does helicopter landing belongs to? I want to learn.

But don't tell me it is aviation.
Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by 0m0nnakoda: 8:44am On Mar 14, 2023
Our state government s are asleep
They need to test the limits of jurisprudence
Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by FarahAideed: 8:46am On Mar 14, 2023
princemillla:
Not bad. Ordinary person no fit they fly chopper about and besides its charges both in UK and USA.

If u no eat belleful, wetin u dey find near chopper ?

You don't know that it's you this will affect , the heaviest users of helicopter service is the oil industry if you don't know and trust me they will pass this cost on to you whether you like it or not .
some of you are so Short sighted ..and don't come back to tell me you don't have car ooo

1 Like

Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by Godsfrezx: 8:55am On Mar 14, 2023
The problem of the rich
Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by FarahAideed: 8:59am On Mar 14, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Pls which sector does helicopter landing belongs to? I want to learn.

But don't tell me it is aviation.

Okay let me explain:

90 percent of Helicopter rides in Nigeria are consumed by the oil industry, the security and safety services account for 7 percent and the other 3 percent is consumed by VIPs .

Oil industry uses helicopter as the backbone of logistics between one oil field to the other , this stupid policy would see.helicopter charter cost go up and this would be passed to the oil industry who will in turn add it to the cost of production from where the will pass it onto las t mile product like engine oil, diesel , gas, petrol and in essence you and I would end up footing this new bill when all is said and done.

It would even go on to affect the prices of food , groceries and provisions because the cost of oil products also affect production and service delivery...

Well over the past 8 years I personally know two helicopter charter firms that have shut down due to Buharis bad policies and now Imagine if the oil companies resist this new cost and insist on Sticking to the agreed contract rates , do u know how many of such helicopter companies will be affected ?

Please let's try to always see the big picture
Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by godofuck231: 9:04am On Mar 14, 2023
E don start, freedom of movement is the first victim, after speech , apc is here
Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by helinues: 9:07am On Mar 14, 2023
Wait, have they not been doing that before?

Wetin killed Amokashi's private jet if no be landing and parking fee
Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by Parachoko: 9:11am On Mar 14, 2023
Before the arrival of Buhari, the numbers of a helicopter charter firms was increasing, after Buhari became the President, the number of Helicopter charter firms have been decreasin due to some harsh policies by the FG
Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by princemillla(m): 11:08am On Mar 14, 2023
FarahAideed:

You don't know that it's you this will affect , the heaviest users of helicopter service is the oil industry if you don't know and trust me they will pass this cost on to you whether you like it or not .
some of you are so Short sighted ..and don't come back to tell me you don't have car ooo

Bro forget about passing down bills on us or not.
Choppers are not used in conveying oil or fuel. Possibly for staff and officials. And besides Nigerians are used to incessant charges from every sector abi you are equally short sighted about the hardship your daddy in Abuja is bestowing upon us ? A litter was/is sold for 350/400 naira per litter
Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by FarahAideed: 11:44am On Mar 14, 2023
princemillla:

Bro forget about passing down bills on us or not.
Choppers are not used in conveying oil or fuel. Possibly for staff and officials. And besides Nigerians are used to incessant charges from every sector abi you are equally short sighted about the hardship your daddy in Abuja is bestowing upon us ? A litter was/is sold for 350/400 naira per litter

Choppers handle most of the logistics around oil production if you don't know , they are the primary means of transporting supplies and personal around oil production sites
Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by princemillla(m): 12:11pm On Mar 14, 2023
FarahAideed:

Choppers handle most of the logistics around oil production if you don't know , they are the primary means of transporting supplies and personal around oil production sites

Baba stop justifying what you have little or no knowledge about sir.

This landing charges are meant for government space . Most of this oil industry has their helipad, choppers landing space for easy access.

I want to belive there is a tax on owing a chopper in place already but flying this chopper from one govt owned ppty to another should be taxed..

Let's come down to our level, why are we even arguing about this issue except ofcus you own a chopper. Otherwise am done arguing cuz i don't own one cheesy angry
Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by Metaphor44(m): 12:22pm On Mar 14, 2023
Is not bad. At least the poor masses wouldn't suffer from extortion, only the rich can own a jet
Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by ronalmagic10(m): 12:29pm On Mar 14, 2023
Lol..Peter Obi should be fined for flying anap jet up and down polluting the environment. When he knew he wasn't going to win. Which kain Wahala be this
Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by FarahAideed: 12:42pm On Mar 14, 2023
princemillla:

Baba stop justifying what you have little or no knowledge about sir.

This landing charges are meant for government space . Most of this oil industry has their helipad, choppers landing space for easy access.

I want to belive there is a tax on owing a chopper in place already but flying this chopper from one govt owned ppty to another should be taxed..

Let's come down to our level, why are we even arguing about this issue except ofcus you own a chopper. Otherwise am done arguing cuz i don't own one cheesy angry

I happen to have chartered choppers in the past and might still need to in the future even though I never plan on owning any ...The article clearly says choppers landing anywhere in Nigeria, trust me this is targeted at raising revenue so it will involve landing in oil sites ..any chopper that takes off or lands from a Nigerians airport already pays airport charges
Re: FG To Charge Helicopter Landing Fees — Minister by princemillla(m): 2:21pm On Mar 14, 2023
FarahAideed:

I happen to have chartered choppers in the past and might still need to in the future even though I never plan on owning any ...The article clearly says choppers landing anywhere in Nigeria, trust me this is targeted at raising revenue so it will involve landing in oil sites ..any chopper that takes off or lands from a Nigerians airport already pays airport charges

Wow I doff the hat then but contrary to the bolded. Its not achievable. Who monitors where choppers land or take off? Except some targeted areas or marked sites.anywhich way remember wen u are back to hiring chopper I can be useful in anyway. Am an event planner and also am phone tech cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu's Open Letter To Chief Bode George / LASG Issued 90-day FINAL NOTICE To Owners/developers Of Distressed Buildings / You Asked Us To Go To Court, We Are In The Court, Why All These Propaganda???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.