Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. (621 Views)

Senate Proposes Amendment To Immunity For Vice-Presidents, Governors And Others / Do Nigerian Former Vice Presidents Have Life Diplomatic Passports? / Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by BluntCrazeMan: 10:31am On Mar 14, 2023
Suggestions for Constitution Amendment/ Restructuring.

1. One Tenure of Six Years.

2a. One President with Six Vice-Presidents; one from each socio-political zones...

(2b. One Governor with Three Deputy-Governors; one from each Supposed Senatorial District)

3. Do away with the House of Senate.., but retain only the better-restructured House of Representatives...

5 Likes

Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by Allardyce: 10:32am On Mar 14, 2023
Waste of tax payers money.

3 Likes

Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by BluntCrazeMan: 10:36am On Mar 14, 2023
Allardyce:
Waste of tax payers money.

Any system that works..
The current system is clearly not working.

3 Likes

Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by gfelo(m): 10:37am On Mar 14, 2023
Why do we have senators, even with that they will still not do their work.

4 Likes

Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by Iagos: 10:39am On Mar 14, 2023
Good idea

1 Like

Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by Exmilitant(m): 10:40am On Mar 14, 2023
We've tried parliamentary, we've tried military, we've tried presidential.
What is the system you are suggesting called?
Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by BluntCrazeMan: 10:53am On Mar 14, 2023
Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by HONESTFACT101(m): 10:57am On Mar 14, 2023
Well I've said this before why must Nigeria copy the white mans democracy
Is our country not sovereign enough to create its own system of government ......signing out✈

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by id4sho(m): 10:59am On Mar 14, 2023
Exmilitant:

There's no government that's same in the world . I think his system can still be called presidential. I support devolution of powers, our local government ain't working. They need more powers&finances. PMB tried but the states assembly refused to consent to it
Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by SmartPolician: 11:19am On Mar 14, 2023
The Yorubas have been screaming restructuring for God knows how long. The good thing is that one of them has risen to the top.

The first task before Tinubu is to restructure this country so that everyone can start harnessing their resources and paying taxes to the centre. Until that is done, Nigeria will only progress at a snail pace.
Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by ysth(m): 11:34am On Mar 14, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

2a. One President with Six Vice-Presidents; one from each socio-political zones...

(2b. One Governor with Three Deputy-Governors; one from each Supposed Senatorial District)

3. Do away with the House of Senate.., but retain only the better-restructured House of Representatives...
the three senators per senatorial districts should rather be elected as deputy governors. So instead of a joint ticket of governor and deputy, they run independently. Governor and 3 deputies. That way they can check themselves, stop rascality, reduce the overbearing influence of have a strong governor and weak deputy and have better representation of the senatorial zones in the executive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by demmie1: 11:48am On Mar 14, 2023
HONESTFACT101:
Well I've said this before why must Nigeria copy the white mans democracy
Is our country not sovereign enough to create its own system of government ......signing out✈

Try and read history, it's white man that gave you the country so you must copy white man's democracy
Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by demmie1: 11:51am On Mar 14, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

This is the only option apart from breakup.
Let everyone govern themselves and only have external and monetary policy binding us together

1 Like

Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by Parachoko: 11:52am On Mar 14, 2023
We will start running this system after Asiwaju finish his tenure in 2031.
Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by BluntCrazeMan: 11:56am On Mar 14, 2023
demmie1:

Try and read history, it's white man that gave you the country so you must copy white man's democracy
And you might be complaining that some people are leaving the same country that had refused to liberate itself from the stronghold of those historical bondages.??

Stop creating a narrative that we are not self-sufficient human beings..
We are humans..
We have well functioning brains..

We can create a unique system that works well for us,, based on the specific peculiarities of our country.
Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by BluntCrazeMan: 11:57am On Mar 14, 2023
Parachoko:
We will start running this system after Asiwaju finish his tenure in 2031.
This guy must always rush to comment without thinking.
Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by Parachoko: 12:08pm On Mar 14, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
This guy must always rush to comment without thinking.
If you dey think, you should know such a thing is not going to be possible between 2023 and 2031 under Asiwaju, but alas you're a fool!sh person always living in denial.
Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 14, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Any system that works..
The current system is clearly not working.

On a more serious note, the man you quoted is right.

Where would you get the money for the new VP's?

All you just do is add another layer of bureaucracy, which has to be funded, in an era where most Nigerians think the government is eating too much money.

What we have, while not good enough, is okay.

At the end, Nigeria needs to give up the idea that government is for sharing the national cake. It isn't.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by BluntCrazeMan: 12:26pm On Mar 14, 2023
Parachoko:
If you dey think, you should know such a thing is not going to be possible between 2023 and 2031 under Asiwaju, but alas you're a fool!sh person always living in denial.

When you have a comment,, come back and drop it.
Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by BluntCrazeMan: 12:29pm On Mar 14, 2023
Kobonaire4:

On a more serious note, the man you quoted is right.

Where would you get the money for the new VP's?

All you just do is add another layer of bureaucracy, which has to be funded, in an era where most Nigerians think the government is eating too much money.

What we have, while not good enough, is okay.

At the end, Nigeria needs to give up the idea that government is for sharing the national cake. It isn't.
This current system is causing lots of divides and seclusion..

For the social reasons, (and not economy alone),, this current system is no more working optimally enough, especially for sensitive people as Nigerians.
Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by Kul3ger(m): 12:31pm On Mar 14, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

First, remind me the functionality of the office of the vice presidents in Nigeria?

What change would it make if we had 6 of them?
Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 14, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
This current system is causing lots of divides and seclusion..

For the social reasons, (and not economy alone),, this current system is no more working optimally enough, especially for sensitive people as Nigerians.

No, we have a good enough system.

The problem is

1.We don't earn enough in taxes.

2.We rely on one source of income when we should rely on ten or more.

At the end, six vice presidents won't fix that. It's just an addition of more government posts for more chopping of money, and limited development.

(And I am sure you are suggesting it because you want to give Igbos and yourbas a 'sense of belonging'....what happens to the other 246 tribes? ).

Nope, just let us face the fact that we are not earning enough money, and we make the hard choices...instead of voting for people, including the current president elect, who promise 'good roads' with no idea as to how they would be funded adequately long term...except by more loans.
Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by 0m0nnakoda: 8:08pm On Mar 16, 2023
ysth:
the three senators per senatorial districts should rather be elected as deputy governors. So instead of a joint ticket of governor and deputy, they run independently. Governor and 3 deputies. That way they can check themselves, stop rascality, reduce the overbearing influence of have a strong governor and weak deputy and have better representation of the senatorial zones in the executive
Shut up.Your dirty mouth
Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by ysth(m): 8:11pm On Mar 16, 2023
0m0nnakoda:

Shut up.Your dirty mouth
hehehehe. Pained ogun boy. Go and appease the gods at your shrine dimwit
Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by seborrhic: 8:41pm On Mar 16, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Another rubbish from someone that thinks he has an idea.
When developing and underdeveloped countries are being advised to reduce cost of government by trimming government,this one is introducing more bureaucracy and expenditure.
This your 6 vice presidents would be tantamount to presidents of their zones with all the paraphernalia and cost that goes with it:a massive VP complex that can take the size of 2 university campuses,a massive secretariat in another part of town or another state even(to now "balance the states again"winkwith all ministries,perm secs for the various zones,special advisers,security,convoys,assistants,a plane if not 2 at least for each VP,asides a complex for the VP residence.
Pure bunkum idea that should be thrown to the trashcan!
Someone above rightly said it,government here is seen as an opportunity to amass wealth and not to serve and as long as that mindset remains,we will continue going round in circles.
The scam of a cattle herder called Buhari was supported in 2015 because he correctly identified Nigeria's problem,corruption.If he had tackled it by even 1/10th,many of the other problems we have would have either been resolved or in the process of resolution by this his 8th year.
But Buhari turned out not only to lack any idea or nerve on how to tackle the corruption he shouted on the rooftops about,but scammishly turned out to be another corrupt,integrity deficit,corruption embracing aboki!
Re: My Opinion: One President With Six Vice Presidents, One From Each Zone. by johannu(m): 9:22pm On Mar 16, 2023
Exmilitant:

Call it whatever you want.

(1) (Reply)

Gbadebo Chinedu Should Relocate To Ebony State / Submit Name Of Late King Of Rumueme's Successor In Two Weeks — Wike. / Kwankwaso To Buhari: You Didn’t Do Enough To Ensure Credible Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.