Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:42 PM

My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu (531 Views)

Osun PDP Defies Court Order, To Proceed With Governorship Primary / Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country / Jonathan Taught Dickson A Lesson With Governorship Election In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu by hisexcellency34: 1:02pm On Mar 14, 2023
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Tuesday said his visit to the Presiding Bishop of Living Faith Church Worldwide, aka Winners Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo, on Monday has nothing to do with Saturday's governorship election.

Sharing a picture of both of them on his Instagram page the governor wrote, “Yesterday, was indeed a memorable day as I met with a man after God’s own heart, a man who has dedicated his life to the service of God and mankind. A highly respected man of God, whom I hold in high regard. Bishop David Oyedepo, founder of the Living Faith Church Worldwide (Winners Chapel) and presiding Bishop of the Faith Tabernacle in Ota, Ogun State.”

However, some Nigerians, especially supporters of the Labour Party governorship candidate in Lagos state, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour had claimed the governor has been running around churches in a desperate bid to get votes ahead of Saturday's election.

However, speaking with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Gboyega Akosile, the Chief Press Secretary (CPS) to the governor said linking the Governor's visit to politics is absurd as he had always visited Oyedepo in times past when there was no election.

He said "No, the governor's visit has nothing to do with politics. If you have been following the activities of Governor Sanwo-Olu, you would have noticed that he’s a thoroughbred Christian. He’s a man who values relationships especially with the leadership of the Church".

"He has paid visits to Bishop Oyedepo on many occasions in the past when there was no election and this particular visit is not an exception".

"Bishop Oyedepo is a man of God whom the Governor respects so much. He has been a beneficiary of his scriptural teachings and blessings. It is preposterous for anyone to link the Governor’s visit to politics or elections. No, it is not".

https://independent.ng/my-visit-to-oyedepo-has-nothing-to-do-with-governorship-election-sanwo-olu/

Re: My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu by Moh247: 1:05pm On Mar 14, 2023
cool

Sanwo Olu is a Gentleman... I wish it was Fashola GRV and Obidient tried nonsense with

Even Jagaban gave Fashola his respect

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu by hisexcellency34: 1:06pm On Mar 14, 2023
Sanwo-Olu will win. That one is sure banker

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu by festacman(m): 1:08pm On Mar 14, 2023
A visit in an election week speaks volume. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu by inforesource: 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2023
Say it again
Re: My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu by chatinent: 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2023
Both are still politicians. So it's nothing politically bad.
Re: My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu by loosecanon50(m): 1:11pm On Mar 14, 2023
But when Peter Obi was visiting churches, APShit party members said he’s bringing religion into politics.

If Sanwo Olu eventually wins his reelection, it will definitely be with a short margin. The sweet thing is he has learnt the hard way that power is in the hand of the masses.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu by Abujainside: 1:11pm On Mar 14, 2023
Can't you see, when labour party presidential candidate visited churches they were wailing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu by booblacain(m): 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2023
But Peter Obi's visit to The Experience has something to do with election?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu by bennybuhari: 1:13pm On Mar 14, 2023
I hear say GRV na Ogboni grin grin grin
Re: My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu by Beremx(f): 1:21pm On Mar 14, 2023
It has nothing to do with elections but you were at Zion ministries, one of the biggest Igbo dominated church in Lagos, dancing with Pastor Ebuka Obi at the alter.

Sanwoolu, Lagosians are no fools!!
Re: My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu by seunmsg(m): 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2023
Story. Obi was doing the church round before the presidential election and he has passed the baton to Sanwo-Olu. All is fair in love, war and politics. It is what it is.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu by ronalmagic10(m): 1:25pm On Mar 14, 2023
We believe you. After your second tenure pls come to Abuja and hold one ministerial position

You don try. Nothing for ipob
Re: My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu by seunmsg(m): 1:26pm On Mar 14, 2023
Beremx:
It has nothing to do with elections but you were at Zion ministries, one of the biggest Igbo dominated church in Lagos, dancing with Pastor Ebuka Obi at the alter.

Sanwoolu, Lagosians are no fools!!

He learnt well from Peter Obi. Two can play the game you know wink

3 Likes

Re: My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu by OmotolaBoy(m): 1:29pm On Mar 14, 2023
Sanwo-Olu for second term 100%
Re: My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu by DMerciful(m): 1:37pm On Mar 14, 2023
Tinubu tried to remove Fashola
Moh247:
cool

Sanwo Olu is a Gentleman... I wish it was Fashola GRV and Obidient tried nonsense with

Even Jagaban gave Fashola his respect

Re: My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu by bennybuhari: 1:42pm On Mar 14, 2023
but he failed
DMerciful:
Tinubu tried to remove Fashola
Re: My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu by Beremx(f): 1:48pm On Mar 14, 2023
seunmsg:

He learnt well from Peter Obi. Two can play the game you know wink
okay I hear you. Let's see how well it's going to pay him 😎😎
Re: My Visit To Oyedepo Has Nothing To Do With Governorship Election - Sanwo-Olu by nairavsdollars(f): 5:18pm On Mar 14, 2023
True. All is fair in war
seunmsg:
Story. Obi was doing the church round before the presidential election and he has passed the baton to Sanwo-Olu. All is fair in love, war and politics. It is what it is.

(1) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu GCFR Vs Mr Obi On Verifiable Evaluation Of Their Plans For Nigeria / Any Real Video To Confirm That Tinubu Actually Voted Today? / TINUBU NOMINATED INEC CHAIRMAN SAYS CHIBUIKE AMAECHI.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.