Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,685 members, 7,851,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:42 PM

Going On Political Exile? President-elect Tinubu Writes Bode George - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Going On Political Exile? President-elect Tinubu Writes Bode George (618 Views)

Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Military Intervention In Niger / Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Approval For $800m Loan Requested By Buhari-led Govt / EFCC Goes After Bola Tinubu, Writes CCB For Assets Documents - Peoples Gazette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going On Political Exile? President-elect Tinubu Writes Bode George by johnnywalker131(m): 2:18pm On Mar 15, 2023
Open Letter to Chief Bode George
15 March 2023

Dear Chief Bode George,

It is with genuine purpose and a peaceful intent that I write you this letter. I do so because the time has not yet come for you to proceed to political self-exile.

It will not be a thing of happiness for me that my emergence as President-elect will herald your departure from public life in Lagos and Nigeria. I, therefore, urge you to shelve all thoughts of self-exile and political retirement.

A capable opposition is a fundamental requirement of good governance, pushing the incumbent administration to be its best self or face electoral oblivion at the next election. In your many years in opposition in Lagos, you have never been victimised or persecuted; neither by me nor by any of the Governors who came after me.

The presidential election was hard yet cleanly fought. At the end, a victor was declared and, by the grace of God almighty, the Nigerian people chose to make me their next President. However, we must not take the battle so personally as to threaten retirement any time we fail to win. Defeat is as much a part of politics as victory.

As President, I will draw no distinction between supporter and antagonist. I will not grant undue favour to those who voted for me nor will I persecute those who voted against me. I will govern for the benefit of all Nigerians.

Under my leadership, Nigeria shall be a good and pleasant home. There will be room for freedom of expression. There will be economic growth and development. There will be opportunities for the young and social safety for the old. There will be security for all.

I hope you find it within yourself to stay and be a part of Nigeria's hopeful future. However, if you feel that you do not want to live in the new Nigeria, nobody, least of all me, can force you to remain here. Whatever you choose to do, I bid you Godspeed.

SIGNED
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu
President-elect of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Shared by Akin Akinwale - mrlurvy (Member, State Executive Committee, All Progressives Congress Oyo State | Political Comms.)

Re: Going On Political Exile? President-elect Tinubu Writes Bode George by Johnthum(m): 2:20pm On Mar 15, 2023
Inconsequential 💯
Re: Going On Political Exile? President-elect Tinubu Writes Bode George by Blackazuma99(m): 2:20pm On Mar 15, 2023
Bode George grin grin grin.
Let him stay and witness sanwo olu's victory on the 18th of March.

This administration have two best performing governors in terms of social and infrastructural developments.
1) Wike of Rivers state
2) Sanwo olu of lagos state.

You don't need angels to tell you, that one good term deserves another 👏.
Tinubu being a true unifier wants everyone to enjoy his administration.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going On Political Exile? President-elect Tinubu Writes Bode George by Injera(f): 2:25pm On Mar 15, 2023
Tinubu is now Jagaban of Nigeria. Follow who know road

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going On Political Exile? President-elect Tinubu Writes Bode George by seunmsg(m): 2:38pm On Mar 15, 2023
Fake. Tinubu did not author this crap. Kindly disregard.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going On Political Exile? President-elect Tinubu Writes Bode George by baralatie(m): 2:41pm On Mar 15, 2023
Although tinubu will find it amusing but he did not write any letter

1 Like

Re: Going On Political Exile? President-elect Tinubu Writes Bode George by saintopus(m): 2:47pm On Mar 15, 2023
BAT is not a letter writer.

This I know 😁😁😁
Re: Going On Political Exile? President-elect Tinubu Writes Bode George by Dreal1247: 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2023
Tell Mr Jagaban not to celebrate yet. A stolen mandate must be retrieved and restored to the owner

Meanwhile
1 Samuel 17:34-37 And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock:
And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him.
Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.
David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the LORD be with thee.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=bible.kingjamesbiblelite
Re: Going On Political Exile? President-elect Tinubu Writes Bode George by Day169: 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2023
We can choose to believe whatever we want as regards the style or personality of the writer of this letter, but the bottom line is that Tinubu has extended an olive branch to Bode-George, which is state manly enough.
I wonder where the Octogenarian will even want to "deport" himself to at this 11th hour of his life.
Re: Going On Political Exile? President-elect Tinubu Writes Bode George by ganisucks(f): 3:20pm On Mar 15, 2023
This people are really desperate. They know their coup has failed, and they are tearing their hairs out. Goodbye coupists.

(1) (Reply)

APC Leadings In Kaduna With A Landslide / So Why Exactly Did British Authorities Detain And Interogate Obi ? / Labour Party Tweet In 2013 Before Peter Obi 2023 Presidential Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.