Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,560 members, 7,861,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:15 PM

United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days (21444 Views)

UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days / UK Licenses 266 Nigerian Doctors In Two Months / 162 New COVID-19 Cases, 176 Discharged And 3 Deaths On Sept 5 - (1557 Tested)) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by stasius: 2:51pm On Mar 16, 2023
Many more to follow.

Go to US Matching website and see the number of Nigerian doctors that were matched this month.

I pity Nigeria.
UK will collect their share.
USA will collect
Canada will collect their own.
Saudi Arabia will claim some
Kuwait will carry some.
Australia will corner some.
And the list goes on!

Haba!! Nigeria why

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Cashless20: 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2023
voiceoftheupcom:

https://punchng.com/uk-licenses-162-nigerian-doctors-in-42-days/
I am into taking care of the rejected people in the society.
Help in any way you can monetarily.
Bank .. FCMB
Acct no...2396824016
Name.. olakunle oriyomi.
Thanks
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by 0m0nnakoda: 2:59pm On Mar 16, 2023
Tobijays:
To study Medicine in UK non of them can’t! After paying cheap tuition, take advantage of the system they now travel overseas to get same pay as those that paid thousands of pounds to study medicine. Nigeria pays those that lectured them all for nothing! Nigeria must wake up
same logic applies to Victor Osimhen
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by UnabashedIPOB: 3:01pm On Mar 16, 2023
This is akin to, "Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop!" You train all your doctors to help and serve the citizens, but by the time you say, "Doctor! Doctor!!" he or she is on the plane to the UK. The brain drain continues and you wonder why Britain wants to keep and maintain your country's moribund state. They do NOT want to see your country take a step in the right direction. Now, tell me how you can sustain such a brain drain for so long.

2 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by 0m0nnakoda: 3:01pm On Mar 16, 2023
mastermaestro:

I think government should stop subsidizing medical sciences. UK is just reaping from the sweat of our government. If you talk now, emotional people go begin rant. sad

But they should allow footballers to go ?
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by creolehunt: 3:08pm On Mar 16, 2023
Solsix:
The only good this about this is the remittance that come from it and it gives room for production of more doctors

Remittance, how?
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Tobijays: 3:10pm On Mar 16, 2023
fashrola:

You can do the same...... Stop being an hypocrite

it is common sense! FG should hands off Tertiary Education, let the school determine its pay and also pay its lecturers. ASUU should be funded by students fees that will eradicate strikes in the sector! It is not being an hypocrite it is the right thing Government should do. Government needs to hand off Education totally and focus on other sectors which will drive growth

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by authentic18: 3:14pm On Mar 16, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Chai.
Trained in Nigeria where dozens of people dying due to medical negligence on a daily bases with ratio of over 10 thousand patients per a doctor and practicing in UK where the ratio of 1000 patients is 4doctors with standard hospitals spread all over.
Blame Chris Nigige for making condescending remarks about doctors seeking better welfare
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by authentic18: 3:15pm On Mar 16, 2023
UnabashedIPOB:
This is akin to, "Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop!" You train all your doctors to help and serve the citizens, but by the time you say, "Doctor! Doctor!!" he or she is on the plane to the UK. The brain drain continues and you wonder why Britain wants to keep and maintain your country's moribund state. They do NOT want to see your country take a step in the right direction. Now, tell me how you can sustain such a brain drain for so long.
Blame Chris Ngige
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Solsix(m): 3:16pm On Mar 16, 2023
creolehunt:

Remittance, how?
They send dollars or pounds home. It helps to cushion the effects of dollar against Naira
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by colonelwealth(m): 3:17pm On Mar 16, 2023
voiceoftheupcom:

https://punchng.com/uk-licenses-162-nigerian-doctors-in-42-days/

The Nigerian federal government should come down hard on the UK and other foreign governments that porch our talented and skilled citizens.

These governments are taking undue advantage of the 'directionless' government of the day.

However, the FGN must also improve the enabling environment and work pay& incentives to keep these people back home.

Finally, patriotism must also come in to play on the part of these Nigeria professionals in other to stay loyal to the service of the nation.
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by fashrola(m): 3:19pm On Mar 16, 2023
Tobijays:
it is common sense! FG should hands off Tertiary Education, let the school determine its pay and also pay its lecturers. ASUU should be funded by students fees that will eradicate strikes in the sector! It is not being an hypocrite it is the right thing Government should do. Government needs to hand off Education totally and focus on other sectors which will drive growth

Nobody is against that..... But you complaining about doctors living for greener pastures while they were trained in Nigeria is unethical, because we are thriving to survive and to live a better life, you won't expect me to remain in a place where my salary is not paid on time or not enough to settle bills.

Sorry about calling you an hypocrite, but sometimes we have to face reality that this country Nigeria is retrogressing.
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by UnabashedIPOB: 3:20pm On Mar 16, 2023
authentic18:

Blame Chris Ngige

I blame your damn rulers!
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by ebufa: 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2023
JimohMomoh:
Buhari rank very low in health sector development. Even the Aso rock clinic was neglected despite huge budgetary allocations

Buhari is a monumental disaster all round!

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Tobijays: 3:31pm On Mar 16, 2023
fashrola:

Nobody is against that..... But you complaining about doctors living for greener pastures while they were trained in Nigeria is unethical, because we are thriving to survive and to live a better life, you won't expect me to remain in a place where my salary is not paid on time or not enough to settle bills.

Sorry about calling you an hypocrite, but sometimes we have to face reality that this country Nigeria is retrogressing.
I understand, This is the best time for a subsidized world class private medical facility in Nigeria. A lot of big folks I know do ther check up overseas, they don’t trust the system here despite the fact say nah Naija doctors full Yankee
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Moneyxpress: 3:34pm On Mar 16, 2023
Cashless20:
I am into taking care of the rejected people in the society.
Help in any way you can monetarily.
Bank .. FCMB
Acct no...2396824016
Name.. olakunle oriyomi.
Thanks

tweet @tinubu, money must sure come out,
surely. cheesy
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by fashrola(m): 3:42pm On Mar 16, 2023
Tobijays:
I understand, This is the best time for a subsidized world class private medical facility in Nigeria. A lot of big folks I know do ther check up overseas, they don’t trust the system here despite the fact say nah Naija doctors full Yankee

Our private hospitals are cheap and also if you key into health insurance, you will benefit a lot

I have an health insurance with Venus Medicare and I've been enjoying the benefits of it, even though I hardly visit the hospital but my family are utilizing it well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by ukaface(f): 3:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
Oya na
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by BigMamaNaija: 4:37pm On Mar 16, 2023
fashrola:

Salary not paid on time or not enough is even for those that have the jobs. You won't believe the number of graduates (across all professions) that have no jobs at all in this country.

How someone will think of raising even the slightest objection on any ground to people seeking a LIFE, is ridiculous. School fees ko, subsidy ni. cry
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by juniorstar(m): 4:40pm On Mar 16, 2023
crystalmoon:
why is it that UK needs more medical doctors, simple to study medicine there is expensive
so they steal from Nigeria where studying medicine is subsidized by the government
lawmakers should make a law that all medical doctors who study medicine at either federal or state universities must serve for 15 years after that they can relocate to whatever country they like
## daylight robbery
Ahhh 15 yrs...u wicked ooo
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by mastermaestro(m): 4:40pm On Mar 16, 2023
0m0nnakoda:
But they should allow footballers to go ?

Does government fund football here as much as they invest in the training of doctors? Come up with a better comparison. sad
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by personal59: 4:40pm On Mar 16, 2023
MetroLane:
UK have collected almost everything from Nigeria.

Well can't blame them tho, the doctors moved to a place where they don't have to embark on strike before they get paid.

Who go come remain for Naija like this, because me sef I go soon commot.

Maybe you need to know that the junior doctors are on strike in the UK presently due to payment

Do you guys think it doesn't rain anywhere aside from Nigeria
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by crystalmoon(m): 4:45pm On Mar 16, 2023
juniorstar:

Ahhh 15 yrs...u wicked ooo
Those who pay student loans in the UK takes an average of 21years to complete their payment
Serving the country that gave you free education for 15 years is not too much
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by esivue007(m): 5:14pm On Mar 16, 2023
Racoon:
Nigerian doctors are just pouring into the UK because of the deteriorating situation in all strata of our national life including the health sector.This brain drain is just sickening.
sha let me finish schl too like this...
Omo,na straight JAPA..
Na everyday anthem for UCTH.
Consultants, Profs etc are even advising us to leave.
UK,USA or Canada ain't even on my preferred destination
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Parrot173(m): 5:19pm On Mar 16, 2023
If I were to be in government then I will make it a law that any medical student that studied in Nigeria especially those public universities must practice in Nigeria 10yrs before he/she will be allowed to practice abroad. That will be the only justification to their greed. because I see no reason why one a doctor will be trained to serve his ppl but will prefer go somewhere because he believe he is not being payed well or the system is poor. who then do we think will come and change the system if not we as share holders decides to run from it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by johbara: 5:26pm On Mar 16, 2023
The one that pains me the most are the doctors trained by Govt's on scholarship.... after all the investments them still Japa.
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by BennyDGreat: 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2023
Taich:
I went for work medicals in Aberdeen, A very fine Yoruba Doctor attended to me, it was as if I went to General hospital in Nigeria. After the checks, we spoke at length on Politics and the need for things to improve back home. God bless you Dr. N.A

Nigeria will be great in our lifetime

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Masterclass32: 5:38pm On Mar 16, 2023
This is why the British high commissioner said we should be proud of the flawed presidential election. Her country and so many others benefit from a dysfunctional Nigeria.
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by Venekconsultt: 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2023
no doubt Uk favours the medic profession. One could see opportunities across all discipline(no mata how small) are favoured in the western world.

Before I forget, I do admission/ visa processing for Uk, Turkey, Us, South Korea, Canada and Germany. Contact/ Whatsapp;09066822919
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by RaptorX: 6:10pm On Mar 16, 2023
When people say they are migrating for the future of their children and Nigerians have been migrating to the UK since the 60's, how come the children of the Nigerian migrants in the UK are not doctors and IT professionals but the oyinbos have to come to the "zoo" to steal our professionals think about that
Re: United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days by armadeo(m): 6:15pm On Mar 16, 2023
Parrot173:
If I were to be in government then I will make it a law that any medical student that studied in Nigeria especially those public universities must practice in Nigeria 10yrs before he/she will be allowed to practice abroad. That will be the only justification to their greed. because I see no reason why one a doctor will be trained to serve his ppl but will prefer go somewhere because he believe he is not being payed well or the system is poor. who then do we think will come and change the system if not we as share holders decides to run from it

Lol. This law cannot stand. You cannot single out a single discipline and pass such a law. It cannot stand. We're being emotional here. For such a law to stand it would have to be every student who studies in Nigerian Higher institution or gets a post ssce ceriltificate.

Then again who is going to monitor who travels for what reason ?

Al I can see here is attempts at attacking the effect without looking at the cause in the first place. That's the logical point in searching for a solution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osun discharges ten more coronavirus patients / Yuda Hairgrowth Spray For Baldness, Hairloss And Beard Growth / Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.