Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,526 members, 7,850,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:11 AM

How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? (1661 Views)

Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers / What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe / Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by FreedomfromtheT: 12:45pm On Mar 16, 2023
I was made to understand that the Yorubas are highly civilized and sophisticated people.
However, the pre and aftermath of the 2023 presidential election as well as the crude politics of intimidation, height of ethnic profiling and tribal laced propaganda towards the governorship election has not shown the Southwest as people who are really civilized and sophisticated as claimed.
Perhaps some few bad eggs of the APC fold are giving the whole Yoruba tribe a bad image in the eyes of the global community.
I apologize on behalf of the Omoluabis who do not subscribe to the barbaric politics of some obviously ill-trained Yoruba folks.
The comments from some Yoruba APC members on this thread will leave you in no doubt as to how animalistic some can be.

11 Likes

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by SisterAnn(f): 12:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
Sufferiscated morons!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by SHIVA001: 12:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
I was made to understand that the Yorubas are highly civilized and sophisticated people.
However, the pre and aftermath of the 2023 presidential election as well as the crude politics of intimidation, height of ethnic profiling and tribal laced propaganda towards the governorship election has not shown the Southwest as people who are really civilized and sophisticated as claimed.
Perhaps some few bad eggs of the APC fold are giving the whole Yoruba tribe a bad image in the eyes of the global community.
I apologize on behalf of the Omoluabis who do not subscribe to the barbaric politics of some obviously ill-trained Yoruba folks.
The comments from some Yoruba APC members on this thread will leave you in no doubt as to how animalistic some can be.
I don hear you.
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by SlurUsername1: 12:52pm On Mar 16, 2023
Sophisticated enough to win a General Elections against their Southern contemporaries

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by gidgiddy: 2:46pm On Mar 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:

I dont know how sophisticated they are but they helped to bring the disaster below known as Buhari on us all, now they have once again helped to bring a bigger disaster called Tinubu on us all. If sophistication leads to disaster, whats the point?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by helinues: 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2023
Pikin wey talk say him mama no go rest should also forget about sleeping..

Sebi the election go soon be over, you have bitten more than you can chew and suffocating is inevitable

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by helinues: 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2023
gidgiddy:

I dont know how sophisticated they are but they helped to bring the disaster below known as Buhari on us all, now they have once again helped to bring a bigger disaster called Tinubu on us all

But you are a grandpa now, common, come up with something creative not recycling garbage

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by FreedomfromtheT: 3:28pm On Mar 16, 2023
gidgiddy:

I dont know how sophisticated they are but they helped to bring the disaster below known as Buhari on us all, now they have once again helped to bring a bigger disaster called Tinubu on us all
Hmmmmmmmm!
Well each person is entitled to his choice but not entitled to threaten others against their choices.
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by FreedomfromtheT: 3:30pm On Mar 16, 2023
helinues:
Pikin wey talk say him mama no go rest should also forget about sleeping..

Sebi the election go soon be over, you have bitten more than you can chew and suffocating is inevitable
This shows how truly sophisticated you are, doesn't it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by DanielPat01: 3:34pm On Mar 16, 2023
I use to think the Yorubas are highly educated and intelligent as they claim too.

Like if you ask anyone in Nigeria they would gladly tell you the Yorubas are the most educated tribe in Nigeria followed by the Igbos the comes other tribes.

But No this elections says different, infact it says alot.

There is a quote my late grandpa always drop, he would say it in Igbo and also say it in Pidgin English and main English yet I never understood it clearly until recently.

He said and I quote;
"Na nwamú gara akwúkwo aburó na oma ifé"

"My Pikin go school no mean say E get sense."

"That my child is educated doesn't mean he is sensible"

The Yorubas have proven without doubt that they are overhyped.

I was speaking to a Yoruba friend of mine from Ekiti state few days ago, who was is a core supporter of Peter Obi. His compound is just a stone throw from mine..

He said to me that he is ashamed of his people, that he thought for once they would get it right. Especially people from his state. That the worse is the tribal shade on the Labour Party candidate a Lagosian because he is married to an Igbo woman.

I couldn't help but agree with him. From my experience majority of yorubas, I mean 70% are Tribalistic and brutal in tribalism/trabalistic approach.. I just pray this doesn't lead into a a tribal war somehow.

If not it's is finished (The End of Nigeria).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by FreedomfromtheT: 3:39pm On Mar 16, 2023
SHIVA001:

I don hear you.
Are you a Yoruba? From the behaviour of some Yorubas after Tinubu lost Lagos to Obi, do you think most Yorubas are really civilized and sophisticated as claimed?

4 Likes

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by FreedomfromtheT: 3:45pm On Mar 16, 2023
Yamiriflathead:
Sophisticated enough to win a General Elections against their Southern contemporaries
Did Tinubu really win?
How come those who 'won' are still the ones grumbling and complaining of some visitors trying to take over their land?

1 Like

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by waynetee(m): 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Did Tinubu really win?
How come those who 'won' are still the ones grumbling and complaining of some visitors trying to take over their land?

Yes Trying, that the most you can do.. Have you ever win them in anything?

You're less intelligent than them its obvious. And don't think yorubas are the kind of people that think anyone can intimidate them or follow bangwagon.. The last election shows they voted for all the parties.

Take for instance in my family or 4, i and my dad voted for APC, my mom voted for PDP and my sis voted for LP ... That is how sophisticated yorubas are.

Imagine Tinubu did not even win in his two home states.. Yorubas are far more brutal and unpredictable than all other tribes in Nigeria today and no one can fully control them.

Ire o.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by SlurUsername1: 4:08pm On Mar 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Did Tinubu really win?

Do u know that even if Tinubu didn't win Peter obi could Never have won? Did Tinubu manipulate obidients to not give obi ordinary 25% in above 16 states too? Use ur head, even in Rivers, Lagos and plateau that u claim was also rigged Did Obi not see above 25% in those states? It is not possible for one to be completely rigged out in areas he put on a good show and for Peter obi to score 25% in only 16 states shows he was only basking on media hype

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by FreedomfromtheT: 4:22pm On Mar 16, 2023
Yamiriflathead:

Do u know that even if Tinubu didn't win Peter obi could Never have won? Did Tinubu manipulate obidients to not give obi ordinary 25% in above 16 states? Use ur head, even in Rivers, Lagos and plateau that u claim was also rigged Did Obi not see above 25% in those states? It is not possible for one to be completely rigged out in areas he put on a good show and for Peter obi to score 25% in only 16 states shows he was only basking on media hype
On which figures are you basing your analysis on? INEC records or another one?
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by FreedomfromtheT: 4:26pm On Mar 16, 2023
waynetee:

Yes Trying, that the most you can do.. Have you ever win them in anything?

You're less intelligent than them its obvious. And don't think yorubas are the kind of people that think anyone can intimidate them or follow bangwagon.. The last election shows they voted for all the parties.

Take for instance in my family or 4, i and my dad voted for APC, my mom voted for PDP and my sis voted for LP ... That is how sophisticated yorubas are.

Imagine Tinubu did not even win in his two home states.. Yorubas are far more scarier and brutal than all other tribes in Nigeria today because no one can fully control them.

Ire o.

That means some Yorubas like your family are actually sophisticated while some are crude and uncivilized if we are to go by their unruly behaviour after the presidential election and in preparation to the March 18 gubernatorial election.
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by CBR100: 4:28pm On Mar 16, 2023
DanielPat01:
I use to think the Yorubas are highly educated and intelligent as they claim too.

Like if you ask anyone in Nigeria they would gladly tell you the Yorubas are the most educated tribe in Nigeria followed by the Igbos the comes other tribes.

There is a quote my late grandpa always drop, he would say it in Igbo and also say it in Pidgin English and main English yet I never understood it clearly until recently.

He said and I quote;

I was speaking to a Yoruba friend of mine from Ekiti state few days ago, who was is a core supporter of Peter Obi. His compound is just a stone throw from mine..

He said to me that he is ashamed of his people, that he thought for once they would get it right. Especially people from his state. That the worse is the tribal shade on the Labour Party candidate a Lagosian because he is married to an Igbo woman.

I couldn't help but agree with him. From my experience majority of yorubas, I mean 70% are Tribalistic and brutal in tribalism/trabalistic approach.. I just pray this doesn't lead into a a tribal war somehow.

okay we are not sensible because we fail to vote obi, a 8years governor without legacy projects

if you ar to rate obi among the governors dat have rules southwest since 1999.....am sure obi will not enta top 10

tinubu,fashola,sanwolu, ambode, mimiko, agagu, aregbesola,fayemi , fayose, makinde

forget it obi is a failure (wat his anambra ppl said about him, is still on nairaland )

10 Likes

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by FreedomfromtheT: 4:29pm On Mar 16, 2023
DanielPat01:

He said and I quote;

Thank God for your Ekiti friend and some other omoluabi Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by FreedomfromtheT: 4:33pm On Mar 16, 2023
CBR100:

okay we are not sensible because we fail to vote obi, a 8years governor without legacy projects

if you ar to rate obi among the governors dat have rules southwest since 1999.....am sure obi will not enta top 10

tinubu,fashola,sanwolu, ambode, mimiko, agagu, aregbesola,fayemi , fayose, makinde

forget it obi is a failure (wat his anambra ppl said about him, is still on nairaland )
Sir, this thread is not about who most Yorubas voted for in the last presidential election. They are entitled to their choice. Rather the issue is about their intimidation, harassment and uncivilized behaviour towards those they think voted against their preferred candidate in the same election and those that will still do in this coming Saturday.
Does that show that they are really sophisticated, enlightened and civilized?
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by ruffbam(m): 4:36pm On Mar 16, 2023
All these Yorùbá this Yorùbá that write up on Nairaland are because not all Yorubas supported Peter Obi presidential ambition.
Same way they refused to support Biafra and they automatically turned saboteur.
Na wa ó. It's well.

7 Likes

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by raumdeuter: 4:38pm On Mar 16, 2023
Wailing wailing wailing non stop

7 Likes

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by opamoses1: 4:39pm On Mar 16, 2023
Na waoh..so many Yoruba thread upandan Nairaland.
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by CBR100: 4:42pm On Mar 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Sir, this thread is not about who most Yorubas voted for in the last presidential election. They are entitled to their choice. Rather the issue is about their intimidation, harassment and uncivilized behaviour towards those they think voted against their preferred candidate in the same election and those that will still do in this coming Saturday.
Does that show that they are really sophisticated, enlightened and civilized?

nobody dey harass anybody (it more of cyberbullying ).....and I happens mostly on nairaland/twitter
which every party involved is guilty of.

abi b4 election u no see how obedient dey attack ppl up and down for not ignorantly supporting their candidate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by FreedomfromtheT: 4:43pm On Mar 16, 2023
ruffbam:
All these Yorùbá this Yorùbá that write up on Nairaland are because not all Yorubas supported Peter Obi presidential ambition.
Same way they refused to support Biafra and they automatically turned saboteur.
Na wa ó. It's well.
That is not the point here sir.
Not all Igbos voted Peter Obi just as not all Yorubas voted Tinubu. Everyone is entitled to their choice.
The point here is the display of stone age behaviour by some Yorubas, not all, towards people you think do not align with your political choice in this 2023 elections.
Does that not prove that you are not as sophisticated as claimed?
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by saintfieldcastro: 4:44pm On Mar 16, 2023
Sophisticated in ethnic bigotry , tribalism and nepotism. Agbado urchins!
Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by LegendHero(m): 4:44pm On Mar 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
This shows you have accepted that as a Yoruba that you are crude, unrefined and uncivilized and not as sophisticated as people claim.
I pray you will not wound yourself in the way you have chosen.

It’s not an inferior Ibo that will tell a Yoruba man what is called civilization. It’s an insult to our rich history as Yorubas.

To you Igbos, you always get threatened by how the Yorubas see each other as one irrespective of clan and religion. That to you indicates tribalism because you igbos are naturally divisive judging from the fact that you’re from a lineage of people that practice caste system Osu.

I once spoke to one of my Ibo guy and he told me if I see anyone with surname that start or have OSU (e.g Nwosu) within it, then that person is from a caste system and that they have no ancestral lands. What can be more uncivilized than that? Imagine someone from such upbringing calling the superior Yoruba uncivilized!

If not for Nigeria, Ibo people shouldn’t even come into civilization discussion because both your past and recent history has not shown your ancestor built any string civilization or enviable culture.

Tell me the truth, do you not feel jealous of the rich Yoruba culture and the level of brotherhood between them irrespective of clan and religion?

Lastly, with respect to this election, you voted Obi with 90%+ of the votes while Yoruba barely gave Tinubu 65% of our votes and yet you guys think Yoruba are the tribalist. What exactly do you want us to do to please you? We should give Tinubu 0% votes to please your Iyanmili ancestor or what exactly is the problem here?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Sophisticated Are The Yorubas? by waynetee(m): 4:48pm On Mar 16, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
That means some Yorubas like your family are actually sophisticated while some are crude and uncivilized if we are to go by their unruly behaviour after the presidential election and in preparation to the March 18 gubernatorial election.

The truth is that most people here, i mean where i stay fully understand the nature of humans.

The bitter truth is that we are all predators always trying to gain more power and influence for ourselves , the problem is that Igbos simply are the worst in hiding this trait and that's why they they always fail because they see your games quickly.

You are supporting LP now in Lagos because you think it will give Igbos upper hand if they win (the guy is more igbo than yoruba, its obvious)..

Why did you think yorubas should do what can give igbo upper hand in yoruba land? , considering what Igbos has done in the past..
Did you think they can be that foolish? Common.

We don't like insults in anyway and thats why yorubas will fight Igbos because you pose as their common enemy now and there is no way you can win..
Same way all of you hated one of our own Tinubu but we don't really care cos we don't need you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christains Guard Muslims While Observing Jumat Prayer During Protest In Abuja / Woke Soyinka Has Destroyed Little Integrity He Has Cos Of Tribalism / Ike Ekweremadu Business Sense That Will Help You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.