Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out (20429 Views)

Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH / LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR / Lady Loses Friend At LUTH Because There Was No Bed Space And Consultants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by UrPapa: 3:14pm On Mar 16, 2023
embarassed
Neduzze5:
This is the more reason why we can't keep supporting stooges put in place by the Irabiji President.

Imagine if 10 percent of the money remitted on a monthly basis to the Irabiji landlord had been pushed into healthcare.

Most foreigners would have been flying in from all over the world to Lagos for their medical checkups and treatments. Even ordinary headache will have them running to Nigeria.

We need a young visionary who isn't held by the throat by an old and analogue person who doesn't even use social media.
na Tinubu dey run LUTH wey be federal hospital again
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by BurialGround: 3:15pm On Mar 16, 2023
madridguy:
To me having money is the best. With money one can easily go to any private hospital where you can get good and adequate attention.

Exactly.
You'll spend more in private hospital but they'll give you the needed attention and care.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by EagleNest(m): 3:17pm On Mar 16, 2023
So sad what happened to your sister.

The federal government concentrated nearly everything in Lagos. So people will naturally flock to where there is huge economic activities. That's how London, New York, Johannesburg, etc attracts the world to it.

Nearly all large enterprise's headquarters (both governmental and private) are based in Lagos. Port Harcourt used to take a slice of this during the peak of oil activities until the militants ruined that aspect.

For instance Lagos needed train transport badly to help in movement of people but where did Federal govt prioritize when building rail services, the North.

Things are not done properly in Nigeria because we still think and do things tribally, and not competently to the best interest of Nigerians. It doesn't seem as if there is a real country called Nigeria because the people still see each other as strangers.

1 Like

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by hakinze00(m): 3:17pm On Mar 16, 2023
madridguy:
So what were you doing while the baby doctors are toying with her life?

we kept on requesting for the main surgeon but they kept on posting us and the state she was we could not move her to another hospital
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Segzy19: 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2023
LUTH...

That place is shit...

Rather go to yemkem than that place
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by PlanktonX: 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2023
Moh247:
cry

Rest In Perfect Peace

Perhaps if Samuel Ortom was a Good Governor and Benue economy was booming, Debbie won't be in crowded Lagos

Lagos with not more than 2million indegene caters for 22 million Nigeria with no extra allocation or funding

If the argument is Lagos has seaport,

In just 41 months and with Just $1.75 billion USD Lagos built Ibeju Lekki Deep sea port

Can't any other state access funding of $2billion and build a functional port

New City Development

Downtown Chicago built all infrastructure and skyscrapers in less than 5 years

Dubai UAE, Sharjah and most UAE top city developed in less than 2 decade

China transformations was within 30 years

PS: to the morronns telling me I am insensitive, should we discuss solutions to prevent this as adults or simply say RIP and continue on

You say it all...
First, may the soul of the deceased rest in peace.

2ndly, many people in Lagos shouldn't be in Lagos, if those people that selected themselves to power are actually elected by the people.

Today, the system might favour some people just because they are members of the Agberos, or eating from the looted and Corrupt system, but a day of reckoning will come.

Many Governors are disaster to their state, there is no stat in Nigeria that is not naturally endowed with natural resources.
Kogi state has over 19 natural resources that can comfortably feed the state. What about Osun state, Borno, Ekiti,Kano etc.

This one of the many reasons for the Obedient movement. The fight is not against Tinubu, APC, PDP or Labour party but a fight for a better Nigeria.

May Nigeria never happen to Us, Amen. Let's liberate Nigeria together.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by georgeakins: 3:22pm On Mar 16, 2023
BurialGround:
smiley

After I almost lost my son in Isolo General hospital, I said bye bye to all government hospitals. Those Yoruba nurses and tribalism na 5 and 6. They abandoned my son but are eager to attend to those speaking same language with them.

You're a liar.
We have told people like u to relocate to your home state and stop constituting nuisance.
Unless there's no bed space, admission is strictly based on first come, first served in all Lagos govt hospitals.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by jaxxy(m): 3:22pm On Mar 16, 2023
useless mega city for mouth. undecided
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2023
Zincfingers:

It's unethical
Doctors are not supposed to receive 'substantial' gifts from patients or their relatives

I have always given and they take special care of my relatives.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by happney65: 3:25pm On Mar 16, 2023
Government hospitals in Nigeria are a total and complete NO/NO..
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by georgeakins: 3:28pm On Mar 16, 2023
BurialGround:

Exactly.
You'll spend more in private hospital but they'll give you the needed attention and care.

Ha!
If people tell you their experiences at private hospitals, you will be shocked.

I prefer government hospitals.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by madridguy(m): 3:28pm On Mar 16, 2023
It is you people that killed her then and not the useless doctors. Is it today you are just knowing that we Nigerians don't like to work but get paid. If among you is someone with small madness they will attend to her.

If you are going to any government hospital in Lagos state you must go along with small madness to get what you need.

I have created scenes at the Alimosho general hospital, Igando twice and thank God I did otherwise those women would have been dead by now. I no make mouth, the first one was in 2014 and that day was like war.

hakinze00:
we kept on requesting for the main surgeon but they kept on posting us and the state she was we could not move her to another hospital

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by OmonnakOdapig: 3:29pm On Mar 16, 2023
madridguy:
R. I. P to her.

People should stop taken emergency situation to LUTH ... Go to LASUTH IKEJA instead... At least to a reasonable extent it's well equipped by Lagos government.

I can see pushing bashing Lagos State Government, LUTH is a federal hospital.
cry
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Anunakeeh: 3:29pm On Mar 16, 2023
Is this Supposed to be a News In Shiiitholegrin
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by OmonnakOdapig: 3:32pm On Mar 16, 2023
Moh247:
cry

Lagos with not more than 2million indegene caters for 22 million Nigeria with no extra allocation or funding

In just 41 months and with Just $1.75 billion USD Lagos built Ibeju Lekki Deep sea port

New City Development

undecided
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by ogunsbanjul(m): 3:36pm On Mar 16, 2023
Honestly, I condemned such action by anyone. Irresponsible of who you are, it's important we take our self serious because we are nothing but pencil in the hands of our creator.

So sorry madam though it's everywhere but here in Lagos we the entire Yorubas condemn such which the world knows we are accommodating. Next pls report the case and am assuring you it will be handled by our dear government and that's we lead and other tribes follow.

BurialGround:
smiley

After I almost lost my son in Isolo General hospital, I said bye bye to all government hospitals. Those Yoruba nurses and tribalism na 5 and 6. They abandoned my son but are eager to attend to those speaking same language with them.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by BurialGround: 3:39pm On Mar 16, 2023
georgeakins:

Ha!
If people tell you their experiences at private hospitals, you will be shocked.

I prefer government hospitals.

I am not talking od mushrooms private hospitals.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by ukaface(f): 3:40pm On Mar 16, 2023
Kobonaire4:
As usual, most of the comments here run the gamut of

1.Nigeria happened to her

2.Yourbas are evil

3.Igbos are evil

4.Nigeria is run by bad leadership...

Well, let's start from no 4. If we had good leadership they would fund the hospitals by either a mixture of

1.Raised taxes

2.Raised hospital fees.

At which point people would promplty shout that 'We are poor'

Well, we have bad hospitals because we are to poor to pay the amount of money that we need to make them standard.

(And yes, we should stop corruption, but the money saved from gfighting corruption is not going to go to hospitals alone...we have schools, sports, defence, police, roads, etc.).

As for money we need, well, Spain spends nearly 100bn euros on health each year. Nigeria does not spend up to 2bn euros on health. Our budget is not up to 40bn euros.

You see why we take loans, and even then the loans are not enough.

I am saying this because all the complaining we did, was done 20-30 years ago...even in 1985, people were calling our hospitals 'mere consulting clinics'. It was that bad.

Then there is another reason why we do not have bed space...bad primary and secondary health care. Lack of staff (doctor and nurse does not want to work in village), lack of buildings, lack of money...

So the child with severe diarrhea that can be treated at a primary health care level center (I have treated such chilfdren as an NYSC village doc)...is sent to the teaching hospital. The guy with dislocated shoulder instrad of going to a secondary health care center...goes to a teaching hospital.

And as a result...the hopsital is crowded.

Then we don't have enough teaching hospitals. As one senior doctor told me over ten years ago...every state needs 5 teaching hospitals...ie 5 . Not 5 general hospitals...5 TEACHING HOSPITALS....

And all that has to be funded by...raised taxes and raised fees.

So, when I come here and shout that we need to raise our tax to gdp ratio from 8 percent to 50%, and when I come here chanting raised fees...e get why. So that we don't have disasters like this.

But no, people abuse me, call me names, and tell me I am being heartless. Someone even said I belong in the depths.

Well what is your alternative? We should fight corruption, yes. Ia gree...but the money we need is far more than what is stolen or what we earn here.

That is why Nigeria must raise taxes...but long term, we must get off our dependency on oil, and become an industrial nation. We must remove subsides on petrol and power, and direct them to health and education. We must make hard choices.

It has nothing to do with politics, and I don't ;like APC, PDP or LP or any mainstream politican. It has everything to do with fact.

So let's stop complaining and face the cold reality. Hard choices now...or we just take another loan from the IMF, while we pretend they are the cause of our problems.

I don talk my own.
I love you
Chop kiss
Primary health care, secondary health care need to be looked into, not all ailments requires the tertiary health care. The masses don’t know, and the government is making everything worse.

It’s funny how this topic metamorphosed into tribalism
Nigerians are pathetic, or rather NLanders are pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by BurialGround: 3:41pm On Mar 16, 2023
georgeakins:

You're a liar.
We have told people like u to relocate to your home state and stop constituting nuisance.
Unless there's no bed space, admission is strictly based on first come, first served in all Lagos govt hospitals.

Look at this Ogbomosho man challenging a Lagosian like me grin grin grin
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by toxtimmy: 3:41pm On Mar 16, 2023
The black man worst enemy is another black man ..Nigeria is like this because we don't like and hate ourselves, even if we are from the same village.

All governors, president, local government chairmen, senators, reps, government officials all go overseas for headache... But we are all here singing their praises and killing ourselves for them.

What have nigerians done about this non sense?...nothing ..Nada

Moh247:
cry

Rest In Perfect Peace

Perhaps if Samuel Ortom was a Good Governor and Benue economy was booming, Debbie won't be in crowded Lagos

New City Development

PS: to the morronns telling me I am insensitive, should we discuss solutions to prevent this as adults or simply say RIP and continue on

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Truthdeypain: 3:42pm On Mar 16, 2023
Moh247:
cry

Rest In Perfect Peace

New City Development

Always capping nonsense,

Go back to ilesemeje you this racist land grabber and stop constituting nuisance to us true lagosians, and on this forum as well.

Afonjaracistslavistbigot
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by ThothHermes: 3:43pm On Mar 16, 2023
Moh247:
cry

Rest In Perfect Peace

New City Development

You're an idiot.

1 Like

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by hakinze00(m): 3:44pm On Mar 16, 2023
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Truthdeypain: 3:46pm On Mar 16, 2023
BurialGround:
smiley

Na their way, even their schools are filled with the haters and ethnic profilers.

30 years later, nothing has changed about them folks, still the most backward and Conservative tribal champions of Africa.

Avoid AFONJARACISTBIGOTs at all cost
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Lazyreporta(m): 3:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
Neduzze5:
This is the more reason why we can't keep supporting stooges put in place by the Irabiji President.

Imagine if 10 percent of the money remitted on a monthly basis to the Irabiji landlord had been pushed into healthcare.

Most foreigners would have been flying in from all over the world to Lagos for their medical checkups and treatments. Even ordinary headache will have them running to Nigeria.

We need a young visionary who isn't held by the throat by an old and analogue person who doesn't even use social media.

Did you see luth?
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Truthdeypain: 3:51pm On Mar 16, 2023
IpobAntidote:

Exactly, Lagos is under tremendous pressure from all the people running to Lagos due to complete and utter Incompetence on the part of other leaders in other states. But everyone rather blame Lagos while ignoring their own leaders short comings.

Go back to irewolede you this racist piece of shit. You are taking up the space of true lagosians. You are not wanted in Lagos, you leader in your parts should be able to do all you have recommended here.

Useless racist landgrabber.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Alabaintprice(m): 3:53pm On Mar 16, 2023
I'll tell you this for free... You see that LUTH, if those doctors there are not in any secret cult then they don't know what they are doing. Lost my mum there in 2019 due to carelessness of the doctor who handled her case
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by cutedharmee: 3:55pm On Mar 16, 2023
But sha lemme say my opinion...
Severally I've been to LUTH but one pathetic thing I've noticed is the nurses and doctors who work in their emergency ward are heartless. I remember countless time I've been there and seen cases which should be attended to urgently or rather give first aid, but reverse is d case in LUTH. Once they tell you there is no bed space, even if the patient is dying right in front of them eeehn they don't give a Bleep. Is this suppose to be? Ain't they suppose to give first aid to victims first to at least save their lives. Anyway what do I know sef. RIP young chap
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Xkonzult: 4:00pm On Mar 16, 2023
Moh247:
cry

Rest In Perfect Peace

New City Development

Sometimes I beg to think and wonder how people who term or pride themselves as educated with or having formal education talk
Look at how u are making fowl comparison without any iota of mental traction
Firstly u talk of population of 22 million people ( work force/) translatable to d generation of the state GDP/IGR which represents on the state indices/ index percentage in prosperity,in terms of revenue generation,to d state
So many developed nations / countries put together don't have that luxury of ( work force) population and yet they are world powers ,yet we are still talking of " BED SPACE" in one LAGOS STATE major hospital,the WORLD has gone far above the pathetic situation we find ourselves but sadly our satisfaction coefficients demands very little for good leadership and finnese
Note: not all state needs a seaport to be diversified economically,and be productive..as most don't have commercial sea routes to be harnessed ok...!!!
RIP my dear ...may u find peace in the bossom of the lord

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

90-Year-Old Man In Jos Burnt To Death By Charcoal Fire (graphic Photos) / Borehole Water Smelling Like Dead Rat / COVID-19: Enugu Govt Closes All Borders, Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.