Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,086 members, 7,859,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:50 PM

TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria (850 Views)

Wole Soyinka! Igbo Have Successfully Turned Entire Yoruba Race Against Self / What Are The Things Yoruba Tribe Is Good At? / My Humble Giveaway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by AfonjaFula: 8:05am On Mar 17, 2023
Please I seek to know why it is more interesting to a Yoruba than any other, whether IGBO is landlocked or not. Like I don't get even any other people ain't interested (excluding the SE geographically located S/S), and even if such concerns should be, shouldn't it be the bracketed group?

My sincere question and I please seek an honest answer, thank you

2 Likes

Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by AfonjaFula: 8:14am On Mar 17, 2023
Zz

Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by AfonjaFula: 8:16am On Mar 17, 2023
So why?

2 Likes

Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by tolue42(m): 8:16am On Mar 17, 2023
Where is the direct access to the Atlantic ocean?

On the second picture, you can see Lagos,Ondo state and Ogun state having a little access to the Atlantic ocean..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by AfonjaFula: 8:19am On Mar 17, 2023
AfonjaFula:
So why?

Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by AfonjaFula: 8:19am On Mar 17, 2023
tolue42:

There you can see Imo river, you can see Bonny and Opobo and I can even add the river Niger. Again, I can post u a better Google map screenshot

1 Like

Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by XY23: 8:25am On Mar 17, 2023
AfonjaFula:
Please I seek to know why it is more interesting to a Yoruba than any other, whether IGBO is landlocked or not. Like I don't get even any other people ain't interested (excluding the SE geographically located S/S), and even if such concerns should be, shouldn't it be the bracketed group?

My sincere question and I please seek an honest answer, thank you

I am from the SS and has no root traceable to the SE. Events of the past few months have made me realize who the real enemies of Nigeria are. I had always wondered why our patriarchs chose to have their own independent region (Mid-west) instead of being a part of their kins in the old Western region. Now, the answer is there for all to see. They simply hate Ibos because they can't compete. I have never seen a more tribalistic people in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by helinues: 8:26am On Mar 17, 2023
Why do you people like all this empty chest beating, Igbo land is not landlocked, Igbo land is developed, then why can't you stay put in your Eldorado without becoming economic refugees in other regions

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by AfonjaFula: 8:27am On Mar 17, 2023
tolue42:

On the second picture, you can see Lagos,Ondo state and Ogun state having a little access to the Atlantic ocean..

U get it now? That's just one -havent said about Bonny yet

1 Like

Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by AfonjaFula: 8:29am On Mar 17, 2023
XY23:

I am from the SS and has no root traceable to the SE. Events of the past few months have made me realize who the real enemies of Nigeria are. I had always wondered why our patriarchs chose to have their own independent region (Mid-west) instead of being a part of their kins in the old Western region. Now, the answer is there for all to see. They simply hate Ibos because they can't compete. I have never seen a more tribalistic people in Nigeria.

Thank you very much.. I mean, for no sensible reason -If it's being done by northerners you may say it's cause of the Nzeogwu's effect and if it's Igbos hating northerners you may say the war. So why the Yoruba's hating here? Idk

1 Like

Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by tolue42(m): 8:31am On Mar 17, 2023
AfonjaFula:

There you can see Imo river, you can see Bonny and Opobo and I can even add the river Niger. Again, I can post u a better Google map screenshot

For real? I'm talking about OCEAN! not river..

So many bigger vessels can not even berth at Apapa because the water is very shallow, so how do you dredge that little rivers you're talking about

But as it is now , the biggest ships in the world can berth at lekki deep sea port comfortably now..
Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by AfonjaFula: 8:32am On Mar 17, 2023
helinues:
Why do you people like all this empty chest beating, Igbo land is not landlocked, Igbo land is developed, then why can't you stay put in your Eldorado without becoming economic refugees in other regions

Because one Nigeria crippled their seaports (most especially) and some other things. Before the civil war, the most favourable place of migration for people outside the east was north as it had more job opportunities (the north wasn't educated and fit for civil service etc then) and traders moved there too.
Prior to Lagos, PH city was the then economic hub and u know right?

1 Like

Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by tolue42(m): 8:34am On Mar 17, 2023
AfonjaFula:

Lol..you're very funny my friend
Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by AfonjaFula: 8:36am On Mar 17, 2023
tolue42:

For real? I'm talking about OCEAN! not river..

So many bigger vessels can not even berth at Apapa because the water is very shallow, so how do you dredge that little rivers you're talking about

But as it is not , the biggest ships in the world can berth at lekki deep sea port comfortably now..

Sorry, have you every heard of the Suez canal?

Also am not sure you noticed where I mentioned Bonny and Opobo. And NB; the only part of Bonny that is not and as well doesn't speak or live Igbo is Finima

Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by helinues: 8:36am On Mar 17, 2023
AfonjaFula:

Because one Nigeria crippled their seaports (most especially) and some other things. Before the civil war, the most favourable place of migration for people outside the east was north as it had more job opportunities (the north wasn't educated and fit for civil service etc then) and traders moved there too.
Prior to Lagos, PH city was the then economic hub and u know right?

You see, when you people should have been more concerned about who you elect as a leader in your region, but you guys care less , you are more interested in what's happening in other place.

If FG did not frustrate Gov Obiano to build international airport in Anambra state, why do you think the FG would stop you from building your own sea ports?

Btw, GEJ was president for 5 years, was he also part of the government that crippled your efforts in having sea port in your region?

1 Like

Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 17, 2023
I thought we are one

Nawa o
Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 17, 2023
AfonjaFula:

this IMO river is really a long stretch!

SE has various access to Atlantic ocean.

1 Like

Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by tolue42(m): 8:40am On Mar 17, 2023
AfonjaFula:

Sorry, have you every heard of the Suez canal?

Also am not sure you noticed where I mentioned Bonny and Opobo. And NB; the only part of Bonny that is not and as well doesn't speak or live Igbo is Finima

Oga we are not illiterates here, will you destroy or dredge the south south lands to achieve your own Suez artificial canal??
Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by tamdun: 8:41am On Mar 17, 2023
Oga u don win,Igbo land is not landlocked. 🤡

2 Likes

Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by darling2424(f): 8:43am On Mar 17, 2023
There will be no one Nigeria, until what should be done is done
Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by AfonjaFula: 8:46am On Mar 17, 2023
tolue42:

Oga we are not illiterates here, will you destroy or dredge the south south lands to achieve your own Suez artificial canal??

The villages on the west bank of Rivers PH upland are majorly Igbos until the Queenstown of Opobo there u see who are also Igbo -for the others, we can make deals with them. For the people's of Calabar and AkwaIbom to the east bank, this people are our friends and we have shared agelong cultural relationships etc.

1 Like

Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by tolue42(m): 8:50am On Mar 17, 2023
AfonjaFula:

The villages on the west bank of Rivers PH upland are majorly Igbos until the Queenstown of Opobo there u see who are also Igbo -for the others, we can make deals with them. For the people's of Calabar and AkwaIbom to the east bank, this people are our friends and we have shared agelong cultural relationships etc.

You CAN make deals, but you were beating chest before that you have access to the Ocean. Ofcourse you can make deals, that's even reasonable.

Hope you guys will be humble enough to make the deals.
Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by AfonjaFula: 8:53am On Mar 17, 2023
tolue42:

You CAN make deals, but you were beating chest before that you have access to the Ocean. Ofcourse you can make deals, that's even reasonable.

You talked about dredging the river isn't it?
If let's say we remove the deal side of it, the containers can stop in Opobo and Bonny and be taken by trucks as we do from Lagos to Onitsha, Aba etc.

Also bk to the deal area u lots forget we can also make deals on the river Niger (remember even Aboh southern Delta state is Igbo) and on the other hand, the people's of the middlebelt will then make deals with us on same river Niger. U see we don't lack in any hand
Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 17, 2023
If you are not landlocked, how come you all nearly got wiped out from kwashiorkor when we barricaded you

1 Like

Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by tolue42(m): 9:06am On Mar 17, 2023
AfonjaFula:

You talked about dredging the river isn't it?
If let's say we remove the deal side of it, the containers can stop in Opobo and Bonny and be taken by trucks as we do from Lagos to Onitsha, Aba etc.

Also bk to the deal area u lots forget we can also make deals on the river Niger (remember even Aboh southern Delta state is Igbo) and on the other hand, the people's of the middlebelt will then make deals with us on same river Niger. U see we don't lack in any hand

All this things are possible on paper, my question is will Igbos be humble enough to make and abide by the deals??
The Igbos I know will always try to dominate people..

If Nigerians are having issues in Ghana, South Africa or other Africa countries check very well, they are from the East. You guys hate to follow the locals lay down rules.
It may be hard for you to accept but that's the reality.

So I'm not sure south south will accept your offers.
Yorubas don't have problem with South south or North, South South don't have problem with Yorubas and North, North don't have problem with South South or Yorubas ... Why only IGBOS??

By the way, port Harcourt port is still working now,why are you guys not using it

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by AfonjaFula: 9:13am On Mar 17, 2023
tolue42:

All this things are possible on paper, my question is will Igbos be humble enough to make and abide with the deals??
The Igbos I know will always try to dominate people..

If Nigerians are having issues in Ghana, South Africa or other Africa countries check very well, they are from the East. You guys hate to follow the locals lay down rules.
It may be hard from you to accept but that's the reality.

So I'm not sure south south will accept your offers.
Yorubas don't have problem with South south or North, South South don't have problem with Yorubas and North, North don't have problem with South South or Yorubas ... Why only IGBOS??

You don't know what you have until u loose it, same way people fail to realize the role antagonist China and Russia plays in world balancing until they loose it.

Who doesn't want to be the new Lagos. AkwaIbom for sure will go for replacing anything Lagos.
Funny this people have one of the best stadiums, seaports airports, but ain't patronized... Why are the locals not making that magic trade that will cause an inflood and employment of these services?
A new Lagos will surely be competed. Ikwerre is only the straight way problem and though there are the Aro's of Ikwerre called Aro Ikwerre there, I do not know if it is the majority of them or their minority that houses that silly Igbo phobia.
PH should rightly take back it's position of Lagos glory.

1 Like

Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by AfonjaFula: 9:22am On Mar 17, 2023
tolue42:

By the way, port Harcourt port is still working now,why are you guys not using it

This is a primary thing you should know in economics and every existing competition including sports. And that is why Apple speedily releases a phone immediately Samsung does their wonder (as so to keep their customers thus Iphone 14 being a rush as it was and now they're headed for a 15).

Asides that there is many knowledge of trade changing out there to see -even the sim cards you use. Imagine changing fromMTN to glo and imagine MTN leaving Nigeria they have dominated as no.1 and have invested everything.... Even if Nigeria goes economically bankrupt. Except a separated Nigeria it's a one Nigeria so Lagos will always be the base. Maybe till Bayelsa seaport is Opened for the Niger River.
Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by tolue42(m): 9:32am On Mar 17, 2023
AfonjaFula:

This is a primary thing you should know in economics and every existing competition including sports. And that is why Apple speedily releases a phone immediately Samsung does their wonder (as so to keep their customers thus Iphone 14 being a rush as it was and now they're headed for a 15).

Asides that there is many knowledge of trade changing out there to see -even the sim cards you use. Imagine changing fromMTN to glo and imagine MTN leaving Nigeria they have dominated as no.1 and have invested everything.... Even if Nigeria goes economically bankrupt. Except a separated Nigeria it's a one Nigeria so Lagos will always be the base. Maybe till Bayelsa seaport is Opened for the Niger River.

Am I the foreign investors who sees prospect in lekki deep sea port and keyed into it ??
Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by tolue42(m): 9:32am On Mar 17, 2023
AfonjaFula:

You don't know what you have until u loose it, same way people fail to realize the role antagonist China and Russia plays in world balancing until they loose it.

Who doesn't want to be the new Lagos. AkwaIbom for sure will go for replacing anything Lagos.
Funny this people have one of the best stadiums, seaports airports, but ain't patronized... Why are the locals not making that magic trade that will cause an inflood and employment of these services?
A new Lagos will surely be competed. Ikwerre is only the straight way problem and though there are the Aro's of Ikwerre called Aro Ikwerre there, I do not know if it is the majority of them or their minority that houses that silly Igbo phobia.
PH should rightly take back it's position of Lagos glory.

African China, dey play oooo
Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 17, 2023
tolue42:

The same thing the guy is talking about.
Re: TWEEPS: My Humble Question To The Entire Yoruba Tribe Of Nigeria by Pleasant01: 9:39am On Mar 17, 2023
Then what are you waiting for? Why haven't your state governors built any seaport?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu's Dual Citizenship: Can Obi Still Add To His Petition Against Tinubu? / How INEC Changed Tinubu, Peter Obi’s Scores During Presidential Election – BBC / Tinubu-blinken Chat: Nigeria Must Die For US To Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.