Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (40143 Views)

6 Decisions From President Tinubu's Meeting With 36 Governors / Fayose Visits President-Elect Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu In Lagos / Photos From President Buhari Interview With Arise TV That Got Nigerians Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by renderme: 8:09am On Mar 17, 2023
“Nigeria: At the cusp of the renewed hope”
By Bola Tinubu
16th March 2023

A fair, credible election has been held and has been won. The honor of that victory and the steep responsibility it entails has fallen on me. I say this not to gloat or boast because there is no room for such behavior. I merely state the facts as they are.

I realize many good and well-meaning Nigerians voted for other candidates. They are naturally disappointed that their favored candidate did not win. Other candidates have voiced their dissatisfaction, stating they will go to court to contest the election, this is inherent to the democratic process. We defend their right to seek legal recourse.

While they exercise the legal rights afforded them in our democracy, I have set my course and mind on the leadership of this nation, we have important work to do and I am committed to getting that work done for the benefit of all the people, whether or not they voted for me or even voted at all. This is not the time for continued acrimony and partisan recrimination, these negative things can incite strong passions; but they are not the pathway to a better nation.

Only unity and national commitment can serve that purpose.

Critics of Nigeria have been too quick to conclude that our political system is fragmented because of the impressive showing of new parties and their candidates. These critics are wrong. The emergence of the new parties and their candidates underscores the dynamic strength of our democracy. People want democracy to work and they want to have their voices heard and interests met within it. This is a good thing to be promoted, not something to be feared.

What must concern us is not the growth of parties but the regrowth of old prejudices and bigotries such as ethnicity, creed and place of origin. As a nation and as individuals imbued with the love of God and of our fellow man, we are better than this.
At some point we must decide whether we shall be enticed by the ills of the past or shall we more bravely and nobly be encouraged by the eminent prospect of a brighter future.

There have been times in our past when our governing institutions created more questions than they answered. But the arc of our political history gives me confidence that we can overcome that past.

We have walked through the thick of the night to emerge into the light of brighter days to come. There is no good reason to retreat into the darkness of years past. We must begin to repair and rebuild this national home of ours. There is time to complete the task, but time is also of the essence. We must not tarry or fret over the enormity of what we face. We are able of mind and body. Now, we must show the spirit and willpower to accomplish the historic things that lie within our grasp.

As your incoming president, I accept the task before me. There has been talk of a government of national unity. My aim is higher than that. I seek a government of national competence. In selecting my government, I shall not be weighed down by considerations extraneous to abiilty and performance. The day for political gamesmanship is long gone. I shall assemble competent men and women and young people from across Nigeria to build a safer, more prosperous and just Nigeria. There shall be young people. Women shall be prominent. Whether your faith leads you to pray in a church or mosque will not determine your place in government. Character and competence will.

To secure our nation and to make it prosperous must be our top priorities. We cannot sacrifice these goals to political expediencies. The whims of politics must take a backseat to the imperatives of governance.

We have bridges and roads to build not just for commerce and travel but to connect people of different faiths, parties and different outlooks in harmonious dialogue and common purpose. We have families to feed, not just to eliminate hunger but to nurture enlightenment, civic responsibility and compassion. We have jobs to create, not merely to put people to work but to afford all a better standard of living by which families and communities are improved and democracy deepened.

We have water to replenish not just to quench physical thirst but to ignite a thirst for creative and better solutions to society’s challenges. We have a nation to protect such that we eliminate danger and even the fear of danger.

An important step toward restoring economic normalcy has been taken by the Supreme Court’s decision on the parity of old and new notes, restoring both the rule of law & economic decency. It is merely the beginning of a more comprehensive solution to our economic challenges.

We are committed to an economy of double-digit GDP growth, greater food security and one with a strengthened manufacturing base as well as an active digital economy in which young people will have ample space to fulfill their dreams and aspirations.

Dear Nigerians, this is our country. This is our moment. We dare not waste it. Nor do we back away to accept a lesser version of ourselves and of our collective fate. We can no longer be satisfied with calling ourselves the giant of Africa. We must devote ourselves to doing those great and historic things only a giant can do.

As your president elect, I shall do my utmost in this regard for this is my sworn duty. I call upon you to come bravely forth as well, not for me but out of abiding love of country and for the people who inhabit it with you.

I, for one, am standing. But this time, I shall not be the last or only one standing. Imagine how great we can be if over 200m other souls stand with me. Let the world see a Nigeria that nothing can stop.

H.E. Bola Ahmed Tinubu,
President-Elect of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Source: https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/03/16/nigeria-at-the-cusp-of-renewed-hope-bola-tinubu/

240 Likes 55 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 17, 2023
Excellent one from Asiwaju my barbecue, my amiable President elect. I know you’ll make a good president and Nigerians shall be proud of you. God knows I love this man.

436 Likes 54 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by helinues: 8:13am On Mar 17, 2023
That's my incoming president his Excellency Bola Tinubu

Very presidential statement

327 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 17, 2023
helinues:
That's my incoming president his Excellency Bola Tinubu

Very presidential statement
You can’t help but love him. One thing about Asiwaju is he knows best how to turn his haters to lovers. In no distant time you’ll see how the few ones who hate him begin to sing his praises.

274 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by helinues: 8:15am On Mar 17, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
You can’t help but love him

Jagaban of Borgu land, baba Agbalagba

Na those who no sabi him dey underate him.

Tinubu na their father

243 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 17, 2023
helinues:

Jagaban of Borgu land, baba Agbalagba

Na those who no sabi him dey underate him.

Tinubu na their father
Did you notice lately that the others who lost to Asiwaju are beginning to soft pedal and stylishly accepting their defeat in good fate? I don’t know how Asiwaju does these things sha. You just have to give it to him

238 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by helinues: 8:21am On Mar 17, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Did you notice lately that the others who lost to Asiwaju are beginning to soft pedal and stylishly accepting their defeat in good fate? I don’t know how Asiwaju does these things sha. You just have to give it to him

Funnily, I don't see Obi going to court cos if he is actually planning of going, he would have been busy preparing his affidavits but it all seems he has no solid proof that the election was rigged same as other parties.

Tinubu is a unifier, he doesn't like holding grudges, as you can see how Aregbe was accommodated in Gov Sanwoolu reelection campaign, he was initially shut down from Tinubu's presidency.

In life, everything no be gra gra, Tinubu is only setting a good foundation of how his government will look like reason why he set up the reconciliation committee so that we can all move along together.

Respect to Tinubu, the master of the game

207 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by QuotaSystem: 8:26am On Mar 17, 2023
Well said our President-elect.

IyaebeTheGreat:

The sore losers have no case and they know it.

Plenty emotions but Zero substance.

All their antics are just to save face and give the disappointed and broken hearts of their supporters a soft landing.

194 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 17, 2023
helinues:

Funnily, I don't see Obi going to court cos if he is actually planning of going, he would have been busy preparing his affidavits but it all seems he has no solid proof that the election was rigged same as other parties.

Tinubu is a unifier, he doesn't like holding grudges, as you can see how Aregbe was accommodated in Gov Sanwoolu reelection campaign, he was initially shut down from Tinubu's presidency.

In life, everything no be gra gra, Tinubu is only setting a good foundation of how his government will look like reason why he set up the reconciliation committee so that we can all move along together.

Respect to Tinubu, the master of the game
Obi wasn’t initially serious with his presidential ambition, he was being misled by Igbos. He was just in for the popularity. Eventually he thought he could use religion to achieve his aim but Asiwaju being Asiwaju played a better game. Pat Utomi a very loyal Asiwaju boy was used to capture Obi to distract Atiku from winning, Obi eventually did the lord’s work. Asiwaju is indeed a champion in this game. I’m so happy for him

164 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Abass07(m): 8:29am On Mar 17, 2023
The best man for the job

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Abass07(m): 8:32am On Mar 17, 2023
This is front page worthy but I suspect the mods on this nairaland are obidients

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Abass07(m): 8:35am On Mar 17, 2023
The mods are always quick to send Obi's matter to the front page

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Ikea81: 8:36am On Mar 17, 2023
Bastard thief, drug baron and muderer. How can a person like this talk of character? Na wa o. Let him return the stolen mandate and go to hell..His govt will always remain illegitimate, our children will be taught in history how he rigged and stole the mandate. Ole

110 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by renderme: 8:39am On Mar 17, 2023
Ikea81:
Bastard thief, drug baron and muderer. How can a person like this talk of character? Na wa o. Let him return the stolen mandate and go to hell..His govt will always remain illegitimate, our children will be taught in history how he rigged and stole the mandate. Ole

Lol. You are so brainwashed. Stolen mandate indeed.

158 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by darling2424(f): 8:39am On Mar 17, 2023
For Tinubu mind now everywhere done stew.

Wait for it MR CHEAT

I am a freelance writer,i write project's, thesis, proposal's, power point etc. If you want to contact me please check my signature,you will see my contact details.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by IVORY2009(m): 8:40am On Mar 17, 2023
Somebody that is inec president, more than 60% of the general voting population never voted for, it's just a matter of time, the rightful president would replace him.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by renderme: 8:41am On Mar 17, 2023
darling2424:
For Tinubu mind now everywhere done stew.

Wait for it MR CHEAT

Why are you correlating leadership to everywhere stew.

You are part of the problem of Nigeria. Leadership is service.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by helinues: 8:42am On Mar 17, 2023
Ikea81:

Irev portal has been opened to the public for a week now, the results you are asking for are there. Tabulate all the results on the portal and add them up, if there are differences with the votes, then you have your evidence which you can go and present at court.

All this bitterness can't take you guys anywhere than to add to your current headache

128 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by dgmoni123(m): 8:47am On Mar 17, 2023
This man will be a better president.
Carrying everyone along is the best

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by accordadoga25(f): 9:29am On Mar 17, 2023
We love you, papa..

Nigeria will be great again…

God bless the JAGABAN of Africa..

God bless Nigeria..

God bless Yorubas…

God bless Hausas…

God bless the South/South..

God bless the Middle Belt..

Wailers can continue to wail for the next 8 years

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:30am On Mar 17, 2023
Say (O Muhammad SAW): "O Allah! Possessor of the kingdom, You give the kingdom to whom You will, and You take the kingdom from whom You will, and You endue with honour whom You will, and You humiliate whom You will. In Your Hand is the good. Verily, You are Able to do all things. (Qur'an 3:26)

May Allah guide both the leaders and us the followers aright!

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by ghiloman28(m): 9:30am On Mar 17, 2023
No matter how long Asiwaju message is I will definitely althrough because there is always hope in his message for a better Nigeria.

Long live Asiwaju omo olodo ide

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 17, 2023
grin

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Kabirudeen25(m): 9:30am On Mar 17, 2023
Oga we don't want you, it's not by force

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 17, 2023
President select.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by DenreleDave(m): 9:30am On Mar 17, 2023
The book of Power chapter 1 vs verse 1: At the mention of Tinubu, all igbos, Ip0bs, Biafrans and Obi supporters shall bow and tremble.

Chapter 1 verse 2: For Tinubu alone is greater than or equals to the entire Igbo tribes home and abroad..

Verse 3: Tinubu shall call one Igbo man and 50 million igbos shall answer him.

Verse 4: For without Tinubu, there is no salvation or freedom for the entire Igbo tribes

Verse 5 which is the end: Any igbó that call upon the name of Tinubu shall be save. For Tinubu name alone is a strong tower and a place of comfort for the entire Igbo tribes..

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Please you people should not attack me.. It is just a joke ooooo....

Purely jokes... Notin so serious..

I am single and I need an Igbo girl please.. She must be beautiful, well behaved and not a bigot with breast and appealing Ass

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Flier: 9:30am On Mar 17, 2023
I so much trust this man,he will surely deliever and i dont think he has reason to steal after amazing so much wealth
NIGERIA SHALL BE GREAT AGAIN
First time we are getting it right

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by masterfactor(m): 9:30am On Mar 17, 2023
whether some people like it or not, they will still hang BAT picture in their office + government house join grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by AntiChristian: 9:30am On Mar 17, 2023
JAGABAN IS GOD'S APPOINTED!

Romans 13:1-2 and Daniel 4:17.
Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which is from God. The authorities that exist have been appointed by God. Consequently, whoever resists authority is opposing what God has set in place, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves

This decision is the decree of the watchers, the verdict declared by the holy ones, so that the living will know that the Most High rules over the kingdom of mankind and gives it to whom He wishes, setting over it the lowliest of men.’

GOD'S SELECTION IS OUR ELECTION!!!

20 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan, NOI, Governors And The Excess Crude Account Events / Buhari Slights Senate President Saraki,Dogara In Protocol Gaffe At Budget / 360 View Of Peter Obi Campaign Rally At Rwang Pam Stadium In Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.