Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 (4604 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Tottenham Hotspurs: 16% (3 votes)
Liverpool: 77% (14 votes)
Draw: 5% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Marseille Vs Arsenal - UCL (1 - 2) On 18th September 2013 / Chelsea Vs FC Basel - UCL - (1 - 2) On 18th September 2013 / Man United Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On Sunday 18th September 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by mukina2: 2:18pm On Sep 16, 2011
Possible starting XIs

Tottenham: Friedel, Walker, King, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Parker, Modric, Bale, Defoe, Adebayor.

Liverpool: Reina, Kelly, Carragher, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Adam, Henderson, Downing, Suarez, Kuyt.

Tottenham play host to Liverpool on Sunday with both sides looking to enhance their top four aspirations.

Both sides will be aiming for a UEFA Champions League finish come the end of the season and they will be hoping to gain an early psychological edge with victory at White Hart Lane.

The hosts go into the game buoyed by their first win of the season over Wolves last weekend, while Liverpool will be seeking to bounce back from their defeat at Stoke last time.
Recalls

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is set to recall his big guns for the visit of Liverpool after resting a number of key players for Thursday's Europa League clash at PAOK Salonika.

Brad Friedel will return in goal against his former club despite Carlo Cudicini's positive showing against PAOK.

Scott Parker and Emmanuel Adebayor will also return to the starting line-up after making impressive debuts against Wolves

Redknapp is waiting to find out if Ledley King will play after his surprise return to fitness in the win at Molineux.

Michael Dawson is missing after he joined Brazilian midfielder Sandro on the long-term absentee list.

However, Rafael van der Vaart (hamstring), Aaron Lennon (groin) and William Gallas (calf) could all come back into contention after making good progress on their fitness.

Steven Pienaar (groin) and Tom Huddlestone (ankle) face late fitness tests but Redknapp is likely to stick with the side that won at Wolves.

Decision
Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish must decide if Steven Gerrard is ready to return after featuring in a behind-closed-doors friendly earlier this week.

Dalglish is refusing to rush back his skipper from his groin injury meaning the midfielder might have to content himself with a place on the bench.

Glen Johnson is ruled out with a recurrence of his hamstring problem he suffered in last weekend's defeat at the Britannia Stadium.

However, Martin Kelly could be back in the squad after recovering from a hamstring injury of his own and he could slot into right-back after Martin Skrtel was forced to play out of position at full-back in the last two games.

Dalglish has no other injury worries to contend with, but he must decide whether or not to keep Andy Carroll and Craig Bellamy on the bench or bring them into the starting XI.

[url=http://www.skysports.com/football/match_preview/0,19764,11065_3422892,00.html]Match[/url]
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by mukina2: 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2011
liverpool please finish this useless team angry
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by DunOla: 2:29pm On Sep 16, 2011
mukina2:

liverpool please finish this useless team angry
there must be a massive blackout in your brain, for saying that grin
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by mukina2: 2:32pm On Sep 16, 2011
nice one grin

spuds is still useless grin
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by DunOla: 2:34pm On Sep 16, 2011
mukina2:

nice one grin

spuds is still useless grin
u must be an arsenal fan for saying this,
mukina, me and you suppose do business nau, come unban my account donlittle grin grin
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by DunOla: 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2011
mukina u don finish?? to they unban am?
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by slap1(m): 3:27pm On Sep 16, 2011
A draw, or a win for Tottenham.
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by 9jablog: 3:42pm On Sep 16, 2011
this will be tight, a 1-1 draw maybe
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by Roland17(m): 3:54pm On Sep 16, 2011
Both Teams are very inconsistent, it could swing anywhere. If Modric plays with his heart, spurs would take the full points
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by Basics007: 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2011
DunOla:

u must be an arsenal fan for saying this,
mukina, grin grin
Yes she is. And a very bitter one at that!
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by amblors(m): 4:37pm On Sep 16, 2011
I've not been as impressed with my team,
and spurs won us twice last season.
I hope it doesn't repeat itself.
3 points from spurs would be very nice.
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by Henry40: 4:42pm On Sep 16, 2011
Henderson? What's all this Wengerness? Please King Kenny STOP BEING SUCH A WENGER. WE DON'T WANT A YOUNG AND INEXPERIENCED TEAM, WE BELIEVE IN EXPERIENCE. What's all this? Abeg,  NO HENDERSON!! Play Bellamy in his place. We lost Meireles for him, and he's no way close to Meireles. I'm so angry. If things keep going this way and this man keeps believing in these children, we're heading for Wengerhood oh!
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by amblors(m): 4:47pm On Sep 16, 2011
Henry40:

Henderson? What's all this Wengerness? Please King Kenny STOP BEING SUCH A WENGER. WE DON'T WANT A YOUNG AND INEXPERIENCED TEAM, WE BELIEVE IN EXPERIENCE. What's all this? Abeg,  NO HENDERSON!! Play Bellamy in his place. We lost Meireles for him, and he's no way close to Meireles. I'm so angry. If things keep going this way and this man keeps believing in these children, we're heading for Wengerhood oh!

i feel you man, i felt just the same way. Meireless was prob the best in that midfield and he sold him.
Henderson & Caroll = Huge waste of money for us,
at least thats wot it look now. might come good later, but for now, na.
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by Henry40: 4:54pm On Sep 16, 2011
i feel you man, i felt just the same way. Meireless was prob the best in that midfield and he sold him.
Henderson & Caroll = Huge waste of money for us,
at least thats wot it look now. might come good later, but for now, na.

Can you imagine? We sold Meireles for half of what we bought that kid. I don't know which is the worse deal we've had in recent times, this, or the Torres/Suarez deal.
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by amblors(m): 5:01pm On Sep 16, 2011
Henry40:

Can you imagine? We sold Meireles for half of what we bought that kid. I don't know which is the worse deal we've had in recent times, this, or the Torres/Suarez deal.

ah u can't compare both of em, Torres is a Relic now.
We probably can't score without Suarez now (he was a good buy) infact best buy in the EPL until Aguero.
Charlie Adams seems to be the only likely player to score from the mf.
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by Henry40: 5:09pm On Sep 16, 2011
Why won't he play Rodriguez? That guy was hot last season. I have a feeling that Kenny is starting to get too tribalistic. Many say that's why he let Meireles go. I can understand the crap that goes on in Spain, but English players aren't that good, yet he chose to be selective. I'm an Anfield junkie, but if this man remains our coach for long and he doesn't change his mindset, I see more seasons of empty shelves. Why can't he just be like Fergie? I like it when the only difference a coach sees amongst players is quality. Every time I see our current squad I feel like weeping, and it's not like we can't afford the best, we've just chosen to spend too much on junk.
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by itiswell1(m): 5:12pm On Sep 16, 2011
No winner will emerge in the match
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by amblors(m): 5:15pm On Sep 16, 2011
Henry40:

Why won't he play Rodriguez? That guy was hot last season. I have a feeling that Kenny is starting to get too tribalistic. Many say that's why he let Meireles go. I can understand the crap that goes on in Spain, but English players aren't that good, yet he chose to be selective. I'm an Anfield junkie, but if this man remains our coach for long and he doesn't change his mindset, I see more seasons of empty shelves. Why can't he just be like Fergie? I like it when the only difference a coach sees amongst players is quality. Every time I see our current squad I feel like weeping, and it's not like we can't afford the best, we've just chosen to spend too much on junk.     

true that.

but just like Fergie, he can't spend so much on players and choose to keep em on the bench [De Gea],
av sensed the tribalism, but would save judgement for later, letz c how the 1st half of the season pans out.
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by Henry40: 5:23pm On Sep 16, 2011
true that.

but just like Fergie, he can't spend so much on players and choose to keep em on the bench [De Gea],
av sensed the tribalism, but would save judgement for later, letz c how the 1st half of the season pans out.

We both know; you know quality the moment it walks in, like Mata, Suarez, Aguero, Fabregas, Young. How you know the shakers and movers is that they start shaking and moving things even from their entry. We need shakers and movers, that's the only way we can return to the glory days. This is not a youth academy, and we are NOT ARSENAL, where you spend all the time you should spend chasing trophies babysitting, and when the kids are all grown they pack up and leave.
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by Koolsam(m): 6:08pm On Sep 16, 2011
it my time, Y.N.W.A. 4 LIFE
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by cemeseh(m): 8:05pm On Sep 16, 2011
d-pool
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by amblors(m): 1:42pm On Sep 18, 2011
less than 10mins and spurs have hard about 3 chances and score 1.
we're looking frail.
hope it changes over the rest of play
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by manmustwac(m): 1:47pm On Sep 18, 2011
mukina2:

liverpool please finish this useless team  angry
you and this your hatred for spurs šef  angry  you need psychiatric help
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by amblors(m): 1:49pm On Sep 18, 2011
we're been overrun and playing absolutely rubbish
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by manmustwac(m): 1:56pm On Sep 18, 2011
amblors:

we're been overrun and playing absolutely rubbish
yep I agree with you. We're playing well and i'd expect us to score another goal before you guys score one.
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by ogasir2011: 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2011
Kenny D, seems to be so confused, very very bad 442 formation .
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by duduspace(m): 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2011
If only Sheyi played like this all through his time at Arsenal.  grin grin
He will soon become a fan favorite at Shyte Hart Lane at the rate he is going.
what a goal by Luka, he has started to fly again  grin grin. And Charlie Adam is off.
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by amblors(m): 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2011
and the afternoon gets worse.
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by ogasir2011: 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2011
Caroll, is the must useless buy in the whole of the EPL. Kenny Plays 3-5-1 formation, suarez top strikes, while kyut is supporting striker, kyut goes as far defence, caroll cannot even support the midfield, and so inconsistent up front. Kenny is forced to change formation because of this useless caroll most he play him?
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by amblors(m): 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2011
ogasir2011:

Caroll, is the must useless buy in the whole of the EPL. Kenny Plays 3-5-1 formation, suarez top strikes, while kyut is supporting striker, kyut goes as far defence, caroll cannot even support the midfield, and so inconsistent up front. Kenny is forced to change formation because of this useless caroll most he play him?
add Henderson to dat

Henderson = -2
Re: Tottenham Vs Liverpool (4 - 0) On Sunday 18th September 2011 by amblors(m): 2:07pm On Sep 18, 2011
this referee is also card-happy, this game could get really messy for us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UCL:Internazionale(0) Vs Manchester United(0) On Tuesday 24 February / Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans / Check Out Messi's Gigantic Trophy Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.