Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Sevilla Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) - Full Time - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Sevilla Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) - Full Time (37742 Views)

Sevilla Vs Roma Europa League (4 - 1)pens On 31st May 2023 / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 2) On 22nd January 2923 / Sevilla Vs Manchester United: Europa League (2 - 1) On 16th August 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sevilla Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) - Full Time by EmiDon11: 5:56pm On Apr 21, 2023
As Maguire and De Gea make all this mistake, those red neck racist agama lizards no attack them o, but if na saka or any nigerian do those mistakes, they will be ranting like fowl wey wan lay egg.
Re: Sevilla Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) - Full Time by ReubenE(m): 8:07pm On Apr 21, 2023
Kukutenla:

You're capping
Neither Aston villa nor Nottingham forest were small clubs when they won the European Cup.
Besides, making your argument based on number of clubs to have won the ucl from a country is wrong because it's a case of margins. If Valencia and Atletico had won their finals against Madrid for example, Spain will have four different winners. I hope you're aware Valencia also got to the final in 2001 and were defeated by Bayern, a back- to- back final loss.
Even Deportivo made the semis once. Same with Villareal who almost eliminated liverpool last season.
So making a case based on number of clubs to have won including a relegated club who have not even appeared in UCL in this millennium is baseless.
Ucl is about wins not spread
@bold

It is because you read that part of my comment in isolation, the reason I believe you missed where I said "clubs considered to be small in present time . I never alluded if Aston Villa was small in 1982.

Secondly, the reason why I mentioned the number of teams that has won the competition from England was purely to support the argument that the EPL is highly competitive or the EPL has more teams competing at the highest level.
I don't understand why you brought in Valencia and Athletico....the claim is about "what is" and not "what could have been". If it was about near luck, I would have added Mancity and Tottenham.

@last paragraph.

It was the original argument from the first commentator that elicited the issue of spread.
Again, I still maintain that saying Madrid is better than the whole of the EPL because of the number of UCLs won is a wrong thing to say.
Re: Sevilla Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) - Full Time by kals4luv990(m): 12:24am On Apr 22, 2023
Kukutenla:

See excuse. Another plastic fan.
So Man utd is a fake club
Go and argue with a camel 🐫 abeg angry
just dey play until the real owners come bk next season even Arsenal go drop bk to der normal point
Re: Sevilla Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) - Full Time by Delightsome2023: 3:52am On Apr 22, 2023
PurestBoy:

Oga leave story, football is not history, the City I saw against Bayern will eat Madrid raw, I saw a beastly CIty and they are more determined for the UCL over Madrid. If you can make transfer abeg lets bet, I need money
omo I watched that matched and concluded that City is deadly ready.
forget that sack stuff, even if nagelsmann was still at Bayern them for still collect.
all man City players were on red hot form
Re: Sevilla Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) - Full Time by Kukutenla: 6:13am On Apr 22, 2023
kals4luv990:
just dey play until the real owners come bk next season even Arsenal go drop bk to der normal point
Who are the real owners of epl
Re: Sevilla Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) - Full Time by Kukutenla: 6:45am On Apr 22, 2023
ReubenE:

@bold

It is because you read that part of my comment in isolation, the reason I believe you missed where I said "clubs considered to be small in present time . I never alluded if Aston Villa was small in 1982.

Secondly, the reason why I mentioned the number of teams that has won the competition from England was purely to support the argument that the EPL is highly competitive or the EPL has more teams competing at the highest level.
I don't understand why you brought in Valencia and Athletico....the claim is about "what is" and not "what could have been". If it was about near luck, I would have added Mancity and Tottenham.

@last paragraph.

It was the original argument from the first commentator that elicited the issue of spread.
Again, I still maintain that saying Madrid is better than the whole of the EPL because of the number of UCLs won is a wrong thing to say.
I don't even know the meaning of highly competitive. Are you using the struggle for top four alone because if so, even Nigerian league will be more competitive than epl because it produces different top four every year.
What you're referring to as competitiveness is actually how level the epl is. Man utd were once perennial champions but are now struggling to qualify for UCL. Note that it's not necessarily because other teams have improved but rather because man utd have dropped. So your analysis is only looking at how Man utd is struggling in the league and not whether other teams caught up with them. So, it's a pointer that other epl teams replaced Man utd in UCL but they did not fare better than Man utd in the CL. How does that "competitiveness" favour epl? Look at Atletico. Every since they started featuring consistently in Ucl, they have beaten more epl teams than epl teams have beaten them and have made final twice while high flying epl teams like man city only have one.
Look at sevilla, they have consistently beaten big epl teams in UEL even when they are not at their best like now. Is that not a pointer to their superiority?

Even if you add Man City and Tottenham, we'll still get back to same point. Both have only appeared in Ucl final once while both Valencia and Atletico have appeared twice each. If we count that head to head, it means la liga teams have more appearance in the final than epl.
So using spread of teams to have won is purely accidental and biased because Aston villa and Nottingham forest that you're adding for example are faraway from ever winning the Cup. Their victories can be described as a flash in the pan. Even if both teams were to meet a Spanish team in uel today, they will be roasted not to now mention UCL.

Madrid has proven itself to be better than epl teams in the UCL. They have better record against epl teams than those have against them so it's an obvious thing.
Facts don't lie
Re: Sevilla Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) - Full Time by Fira09(m): 10:37am On Apr 26, 2023
LewisIsADog:

Myn.d44
Se.un
Dom.inique
Mu.kina2
OA.M4J
Nlfp.mod

Violation of Rule 2
@Magnoliaa, I was only referring to a referee in "Football".

No Nairaland rule was actually violated.
Re: Sevilla Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) - Full Time by kals4luv990(m): 10:33am On May 12, 2023
Kukutenla:

Who are the real owners of epl
ehe boss the real owners of the EPL don take am back
So wat wer yu saying again?
Re: Sevilla Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) - Full Time by Reussite: 9:38pm On May 17, 2023
Reussite:

Yes Madrid got the experience with UEFA competitions but I feel very strongly it's Man City's year
It’s definitely Man City’s year. Anyone could literally feel it.
Re: Sevilla Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) - Full Time by Rexraph18(m): 11:01pm On Jun 26, 2023
Reloadedisraelp:
remember they are in all four competition this season....its not as easy as u think....

How far boss, dat 5h stuff
Re: Sevilla Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) - Full Time by Reloadedisraelp: 6:24am On Jun 27, 2023
Rexraph18:

How far boss, dat 5h stuff
u wan join the group ? Drop ur digits .... remember u need to pay 5h to join o
Re: Sevilla Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) - Full Time by Rexraph18(m): 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
Reloadedisraelp:
u wan join the group ? Drop ur digits .... remember u need to pay 5h to join o

I emailed you last night and replied you this morning with my digits too, but just in case you didn’t get the subsequent mails, my digits dey under this post.
I go pay 😎

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Villarreal Vs Manchester United: UCL (0 - 2) On 23rd November 2021 / Photos From Chelsea Title Win Celebrations - Up Blues! / Chelsea Vs Westbrom (1 - 0) On 11th December 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.