Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. (1092 Views)

INEC Postpones Elections In 10 Lagos Polling Units / Elections: Thugs Invade Lagos Polling Units, Smash Bottles On Voter’s Head / APC Thugs Ambush Peoples Gazette’s Reporter At Lagos Polling Unit, Delete Files (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by belcom10(m): 12:03pm On Mar 18, 2023
It's such a pity that some humans can't think. Politicians have successfully turn Lagos election into tribal war between yorubas and igbos.

All the candidates are of yoruba ethnics. Why are they fighting themselves. Some yoruba people in some polling unit I visited are threatening and accusing igbos voters and others of trying to take over land or rule over them.

My take, Is so unfortunate that human can allow themselves to be controlled by another in the name of political class.

We are all human before anything else. Ignore tribal propaganda used by politician to divide us. Let all Point out and vote bad government out and end godfatherism in our political system.

All Nigerians deserve to good to eat the good of the land. Good governance should be our campaign.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by duro4chang(m): 12:05pm On Mar 18, 2023
Victim mentality.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by SlurUsername1: 12:08pm On Mar 18, 2023
Shut up flatheard
You asked for it
If you want to have peace in Lagos, enjoy the economic benefits like the Hausas are doing in Lagos and like ibos are doing in Kano and avoid the local politics.
And I'm still expecting yorubas to cut u guys to sizes More

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by BentizilL: 12:09pm On Mar 18, 2023
You're actually trying to do so, if not you won't have the gut to call Lagos a Yorubaland no man's land...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by waynetee(m): 12:09pm On Mar 18, 2023
What does "No man's land" mean?

We warned you all, unfortunately this is just the beginning of destruction of igbo tribe in Lagos.
You will be stripped of many rights soon and no one can save you!

6 Likes

Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by helinues: 12:09pm On Mar 18, 2023
Lagos is no man's land remember

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by BIZNess123(m): 12:10pm On Mar 18, 2023
I blame the yorubas for been too kind...

That was how azikiwe wanted to be premier of Western Nigeria...

GRV will win 2026 Anambra election... he's son of the soil

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by belcom10(m): 12:12pm On Mar 18, 2023
I don't have time to exchange words negatively online. I am not of igbo ethnics. I am just sharing my experience. Local politics you said, Are residents not qualify to vote by law?

Grow up.

Yamiriflathead:
Shut up flatheard
You asked for it
If you want to have peace in Lagos, enjoy the economic benefits like the Hausas are doing in Lagos and like ibos are doing in Kano and avoid the local politics.
Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by XY23: 12:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
belcom10:
It's such a pity that some humans can't think. Politicians have successfully turn Lagos election into tribal war between yorubas and igbos.

All the candidates are of yoruba ethnics. Why are they fighting themselves. Some yoruba people in some polling unit I visited are threatening and accusing igbos voters and others of trying to take over land or rule over them.

My take, Is so unfortunate that human can allow themselves to be controlled by another in the name of political class.

We are all human before anything else. Ignore tribal propaganda used by politician to divide us. Let all Point out and vote bad government out and end godfatherism in our political system.

All Nigerians deserve to good to eat the good of the land. Good governance should be our campaign.

Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by sreamsense: 12:33pm On Mar 18, 2023
belcom10:

And if yorubas in Lagos told you they have no bad governor in their midst to change for now and that they only have performing governor, why will Igbo dictate for them by force? Can't you go and identify bad governor in your region and change those that are sharing kerosene? It is the arrogance of Igbos to enforce GVR on them is what ginger those Yoruba voters. Yorubas are in the east, they don't cross their boundary of putting mouth in eastern politics through enforcement.

Is it not LP and obi that was shouting vote for individual and not party, now; is GVR more experienced more than sanwolu? Other tribes aside igbos are in Lagos but they never exhibit arrogance to their hosts or try to enforce opposite of what they want. You don't have to fear since Lagos is no man land or where did the men of the land you saw came from? Igbo blew their trumpets too much, you could have voted whom you like without making noise or claiming right to despise yorubas or separating Lagosians from yorubas in general when they tell you that they are one just like many of you did separating Yoruba christians from Yoruba Muslims.

In simple term, learn to be submissive, humble and respect your hosts especially as Igbos and yorubas are known to be friends in real life

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by Biodun556(m): 12:34pm On Mar 18, 2023
belcom10:

Go and preach in Anambra

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by Biodun556(m): 12:35pm On Mar 18, 2023
sreamsense:

And if yorubas in Lagos told you they have no bad governor in their midst to change for now and that they only have performing governor, why will Igbo dictate for them by force? Can't you go and identify bad governor in your region and change those that are sharing kerosene? It is the arrogance of Igbos to enforce GVR on them is what ginger those Yoruba voters. Yorubas are in the east, they don't cross their boundary of putting mouth in eastern politics through enforcement.

Is it not LP and obi that was shouting vote for individual and not party, now; is GVR more experienced more than sanwolu? Other tribes aside igbos are in Lagos but they never exhibit arrogance to their hosts or try to enforce opposite of what they want. You don't have to fear since Lagos is no man land or where did the men of the land you saw came from? Igbo blew their trumpets too much, you could have voted whom you like without making noise or claiming right to despise yorubas or separating Lagosians from yorubas in general when they tell you that they are one just like many of you did separating Yoruba christians from Yoruba Muslims.

In simple term, learn to be submissive, humble and respect your hosts especially as Igbos and yorubas are known to be friends in real life

God bless you
Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by IgOga(m): 12:36pm On Mar 18, 2023
NA Eluup cause am now.....

On the 25th Feb across Nigeria LP voters are allowed to vote in all states of the Federation....even causing upset in Lagos presidential election result, Nasarawa, Plateau amongst others....but as results were coming out it was clear that SE did not allow other candidates that same freedom in their region.....everything na ELuuuP......

Unfortunately politicians have gone back to the old ways...saying if Ibos know how to do it for their own son....they too can do it for their own.....na wetin dey sup today.....if LP won 60% in the SE and others are allowed to cast their votes for their choice nobody go feel cheated

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by OlawaleBammie: 12:41pm On Mar 18, 2023
belcom10:

Ok

If u want o ignore tribal bigotry u won't come from east and declare Lagos a no man's land..at least Lagos has its citizens no matter how small they are and the citizens are majorly yorubas, aworis..even the Yoruba from other states can never say Lagos is no man's land.

Secondly u want to bring a candidate u didn't bring a candidate of full Yoruba nature, u re bringing chinedu who can't even speak Yoruba. Haba what audacity sir??

And some of u are saying Yoruba does not even belong to Lagos, that u re the tribe holding Lagos..hmmm

Well, whateva happens make everyone dey alright laslas
Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by inoki247: 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2023
Lol you guy's used the same tactics during the Presidential election with trying to incite the 2 religion against each other APC now played the Same card with tribalism you guy's are now crying up nd down....

And the GRV guy even played into the APC hand with all his past tweet this is the same way you guy's av been campaigning showing us El Rufai old tweet APC member old tweet so you guy's av just av a taste of aw u campaign against others...
Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by belcom10(m): 3:16pm On Mar 18, 2023
Voters still vote Labour Party. No matter the threat.

inoki247:
Lol you guy's used the same tactics during the Presidential election with trying to incite the 2 religion against each other APC now played the Same card with tribalism you guy's are now crying up nd down....

And the GRV guy even played into the APC hand with all his past tweet this is the same way you guy's av been campaigning showing us El Rufai old tweet APC member old tweet so you guy's av just av a taste of aw u campaign against others...
Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by LegendHero(m): 3:17pm On Mar 18, 2023
When you Obiidiots are shouting lagos is no man’s land, don’t you know the Yorubas will retaliate?
Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by inoki247: 3:17pm On Mar 18, 2023
belcom10:
Voters still vote Labour Party. No matter the threat.

But you did same in SE so stop been an hypocrite...
Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by afbstrategies: 4:31pm On Mar 28, 2023
Yamiriflathead:
Shut up flatheard
You asked for it
Rule 2 lalasticlala seun
Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by SlurUsername1: 4:34pm On Mar 28, 2023
afbstrategies:

Rule 2 lalasticlala seun

This is long before seun made the new rule.
You can Goan DIE😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

PAINED TERRORIST!
Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by afbstrategies: 4:37pm On Mar 28, 2023
Yamiriflathead:

This is long before seun made the new rule.
You can Goan DIE😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

PAINED TERRORIST!
Rule 2 lalasticlala. Yamiriflathead is spreading and peddling hate of Igbo people here. The name Yamiriflathead says it. This moniker should be banned without delay.
Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by BombAttack(f): 4:38pm On Mar 28, 2023
waynetee:

We warned you all, unfortunately this is just the beginning of destruction of igbo tribe in Lagos.

You think Igbos will beg you or what. Personally, I want anything that will start war, so we can see who will cry pass grin
Ordinary endsars, we all know who cried grin
Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by BombAttack(f): 4:40pm On Mar 28, 2023
Yamiriflathead:

That's old comment, you're irredemably dumb

dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala, seun.

Rule 2 broken - deliberately insulting a nairalander
Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by blackpanda: 4:51pm On Mar 28, 2023
belcom10:

What are u saying
When u call somebody's native land as 'no mans land' what do u expect

Its not politicians that caused the problem, its some unfortunate politically myopic people that allowed themselves to be manipulated.

Something that can never happen in onitsha, ndi onitsha will now want to do it in Lagos. How na
Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by blackpanda: 4:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
waynetee:

i love this grin
Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by Goodvibes007: 4:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
Yet the south east has the wrist record in this election but you all just focus on Lagos.

Ibrahimcoomasie:
The Center for Democracy and Development (CDD) has released a report on how vote buying and violence marred the the governorship and state house of assembly elections.

The CDD, in a press statement released on Monday, said vote buying was more in the South-East than in any other geopolitical zones, while violence marred polls in North-West region during March 18th elections.

Recall that the governorship and state house of assembly elections were held on March 18 in 28 states across the country. According to CDD, voters were more focused on what they would get than the ideology of the candidates.

It said the vote-trading was made possible due to the prevailing economic hardship amid the current cash crunch.

“In total, 25.3 percent of observers noted vote buying at their polling units across the country with the highest figures reported in the northwest (35.4 percent) and southeast (41.4 percent),” the statement reads.

“In Anambra state, party agents were observed using materials, phones, and other souvenirs to entice voters. In the south-south, multiple party agents reported a desire for voters to show proof of their vote before being paid, with party agents reportedly compiling a list of their voters in Esan Central LGA, Edo state.

“The prevailing economic hardship in the country – 133 million Nigerians were estimated to be multidimensionally poor in 2022 according to the National Bureau of Statistics – and the continued shortages of fuel and particularly Naira were undoubtedly a factor in this.

“Votes were being traded for between N1,000-2,000 in parts of Edo and Benue states for example, with goods of similar value used in many cases in lieu of cash given the continued currency shortages. Across the region, manifestations of vote buying included the use of fabric, toiletries, ‘I-owe-you-vouchers’ and food items.”

The CDD said electoral violence was more in the northwest with voters being threatened with death in some polling units.

“Voter suppression, voter intimidation, and the destruction or theft of election materials predominantly by political party agents and politically aligned thugs were recorded across all six geopolitical zones,” it said.

“A total of 10.8 percent of observed polling units recorded violence and/or fighting; this was most pronounced in the northwest (19.9 percent) and south-south (11.6 percent) geopolitical zones with Bayelsa and Zamfara, the two states with the most incidents recorded by our observers.

“These violent incidents were often focused in political strongholds of opposition or perceived opponents which suggests that the use of BVAS – which can limit overvoting in principle has resulted in a more concerted effort to stymie votes than to try and stuff ballot boxes in order to rig the outcome of an election.

“Conventional forms of voter suppression were recorded by observers across the northwest zone, and most apparent in Zamfara where the bandits and vigilante groups, particularly Yan Sakai, were reported to have threatened voters with death if they voted for the incumbent.

“Similar incidents of intimidation were reported in all geo-political zones, and were most pronounced in the southeast zone (9.8 percent as compared with a nationwide average of 4.7 percent), with party agents involved. In Lagos, for example, voters were told to vote for the incumbent or they would be flogged in Lagbasa and Ado primary schools in Ajah LGA.”

The CDD said the outcome of the presidential and gubernatorial elections would either worsen or strengthen Nigeria’s democracy.

It added that some of these determining factors include, the pronounced ethnic divisions, the electorate’s increased awareness and involvement in the process, the political influence of alternative parties, and the incorporation of technology amongst others.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/how-vote-buying-violence-marred-polls-in-south-east-north-west-cdd-report/

Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by BombAttack(f): 4:53pm On Mar 28, 2023
StolenMandate:

Shut up pained soul.

So you had to come dig out a post of almost 10days ago. This was before Seun made the press release. It shows you're really jobless and have no life outside nairaland.

For your information, the punishment takes effect from today.

Get lost you Bitter Soul!!!

dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala, seun.

Rule 2 broken - Deliberately insulting a nairalander.
Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by blackpanda: 4:54pm On Mar 28, 2023
Goodvibes007:
Yet the south east has the wrist record in this election but you all just focus on Lagos.

The perpetrators are also the number 1 town criers

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Some Lagos Polling Units. by Goodvibes007: 4:55pm On Mar 28, 2023
sreamsense:

It wasn't only kerosine. Jollof rice and Okpa sef dey.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Result For Nkanu East Was Given To Me From Abuja —Enugu REC Confesses / Why I’ve Not Gone On Vacation After Polls – Obi / Chiefs Of Staff: Gambari Hands Over To Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.