Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,084 members, 7,852,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:52 PM

I Need Your Advice - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Your Advice (516 Views)

Please I Need Your Advice On Nissan Quest 2012 / I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice / Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice by celestial1: 11:47pm On Mar 18, 2023
Good day guru in the house, my highlander 2005 steering rank was leaked but it's soft and working fine,I take it to power steering mechanic to repair steering rank but to my surprise the power steering pump didn't pump again and steering is stiff then he told me I have to buy steering pump and I did he fix it steering still stiff,he return the pump and bring another one he fix it still stiff,I don't know what to do,I have been going to his office over 4days now
Re: I Need Your Advice by baconline(m): 9:54am On Mar 19, 2023
Check for blockage
Re: I Need Your Advice by celestial1: 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2023
baconline:
Check for blockage
blockage inside the pipe?
Re: I Need Your Advice by Conner44: 11:11am On Mar 21, 2023
celestial1:
Good day guru in the house, my highlander 2005 steering rank was leaked but it's soft and working fine,I take it to power steering mechanic to repair steering rank but to my surprise the power steering pump didn't pump again and steering is stiff then he told me I have to buy steering pump and I did he fix it steering still stiff,he return the pump and bring another one he fix it still stiff,I don't know what to do,I have been going to his office over 4days now

Maybe the tech didn’t to the re-sealing on your rack properly. There may be a seal he used which Isn’t the required size on a high pressure pipe where the fluid flows through which is creating a blockage. Either that or he has tampered with the actual gears in the rack and misaligned/damaged them. I doubt a tech who does that as a profession will knowingly make such mistakes.

But of course the above only comes into play if he initially didn’t touch your power steering pump and all the hoses were properly tightened and bled.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Conner44: 11:13am On Mar 21, 2023
celestial1:
blockage inside the pipe?

Yes. There might be a blockage. There are many pipes where fluid flows through both inside and outside the power steering rack. Once any of them collapses there will be issues.

(1) (Reply)

Whats Current Price Of 97 Camry 4 Cylinder Tokunbo / Abuja Car A/c / Mercedes Benz Vito 2002 Model For Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.