Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Are You Raising Children Alone? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Raising Children Alone? (8189 Views)

Why Are Godly Parents Not Raising Godly Seeds? / 6 Useful Tips For Raising Godly And Confident Children / Joseph Prince Buys Singapore's Mall Of N80 Billion Without Raising Offering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by walexbiz(m): 9:27am On Mar 19, 2023
histemple:
Some people intentionally deny the other parent access to the kids and then turn around to cry of being a single parent.

are you referring to Tonto Dikeh...

2 Likes

Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by jericco1(m): 9:34am On Mar 19, 2023
Promaxx:
I raised myself alone since age 9 when I became an orphan. I did everything to survive and to get proper formal education.God helped me, but it hasn't been easy. Now I feel like committing suicide due to the intense hardship am facing.

You've gone this far, you can do more to be better.
Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by WantsandMore: 9:36am On Mar 19, 2023
Promaxx:
I raised myself alone since age 9 when I became an orphan. I did everything to survive and to get proper formal education.God helped me, but it hasn't been easy. Now I feel like committing suicide due to the intense hardship am facing.
Hang on, you've come a long way, see this as another challenge to add to your base of knowledge & one day when you conquer them, the most hardest days of your life will be the most memorable, have faith & never give up

1 Like

Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by Romanoff(f): 9:47am On Mar 19, 2023
There are married households where the wife is raising the children alone.

How that one take different from single mother?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by dontrulee: 9:49am On Mar 19, 2023
naniawini:
oops so sorry about that.. I'm a single mom too. Its not really easy but its definitely worth it.. I pray we all eat the fruits of our labour šŸ™

Gigi, how are you doing?
How's your baby doing?
It's been a while
Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by alabo1: 9:50am On Mar 19, 2023
OYENIYIJK:

God is your helper. You can drop your details if 10k is not small. Happy Sunday Nairalanders

I am raising 4 on my own. 3 boys i girl. It is not easy. I have had to change my lifestyle drastically so I am more tan often around since i have no partner to cover for me. Its trying but joyful too
Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by DESAN(f): 9:53am On Mar 19, 2023
Being a single parent is not easy talking from experience

2 Likes

Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by occfx: 9:59am On Mar 19, 2023
360Master:
Omo! Itā€™s a daunting task. I am a single father of 3 wonderful kids. Their nanny sought for permission to travel but she didnā€™t return. I was left in the middle of nowhere. I sent an emergency email to ask for a day leave and started to look for a replacement. Then my youngest daughter caught an infection fell sick, then she passed it to the other dudeā€¦ Then emails and calls from work cos I forgot to plan properly for cover. Then and thenā€¦. I was terrifiedā€¦ then I left the kids all by themselves and told the Older boy, 8years to take care of his siblings that I needed to go to work next day. Then I begged a total stranger to stay with them next day so I can go to work. Then and thenā€¦I found a new maid.

I see shege within 2 days.. shocked

Shiiit happening everywhere, what happened to the mother
Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by stonedigital: 10:05am On Mar 19, 2023
Either good or bad, its all depends on the decision you make in life. God wont come down to solve a problem we can solve ourselves. So think and use your brain. Nothing like luck in this life. You have to work smart by using your brain more
Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by Isabi4lov: 10:07am On Mar 19, 2023
Many women are raising their children alone due to deadbeat fathers , may God send helpers to them .

6 Likes

Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by WantsandMore: 10:08am On Mar 19, 2023
Promaxx:

Nobody will understand. While growing up, raising myself and helping my younger ones, life was a bit easier. But I was thinking God would wade in and project me to enjoy every fruit of my hard labor, but now, it appears things have gone worse that it were. Why should I be struggling with essential needs now?
Good Question; But have you considered prayers lately? Please pray, may God heal & ease your pain as you traverse through this moment in life.

1 Like

Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by vena3(f): 10:30am On Mar 19, 2023
Take heart, it is well. If you are in Abuja, I can watch over them for you if you have any emergency as my children are in boarding school. But if not in Abuja, wish you all the best. You will be okay at the end don't give up.
360Master:
Omo! Itā€™s a daunting task. I am a single father of 3 wonderful kids. Their nanny sought for permission to travel but she didnā€™t return. I was left in the middle of nowhere. I sent an emergency email to ask for a day leave and started to look for a replacement. Then my youngest daughter caught an infection fell sick, then she passed it to the other dudeā€¦ Then emails and calls from work cos I forgot to plan properly for cover. Then and thenā€¦. I was terrifiedā€¦ then I left the kids all by themselves and told the Older boy, 8years to take care of his siblings that I needed to go to work next day. Then I begged a total stranger to stay with them next day so I can go to work. Then and thenā€¦I found a new maid.

I see shege within 2 days.. shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by WantsandMore: 10:36am On Mar 19, 2023
Promaxx:

How long will I keep praying?
that's an interesting question I don't have an answer too because physicist often attribute that time is an illusion however I do know your faith will take you through the most roughest patch, I can't imagine how you feel, but giving up seems like defeat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by harjay1986: 10:37am On Mar 19, 2023
Promaxx:

Why is God not seeing that I have suffered enough and needs to enjoy the basic needs of life? Why am I still unable to have the essentials of life. Why?

God has done his own part for us, is left for us as human to activate our success by ourself, which may varies , some people might need to change location while some will need to start something on their own and many more... until you are able to activate your success by yourself everything will look like disadvantage to you... just keep brazin yourself up one day every other complain will be in the past

I started taking care of myself since age 9 like you, my parent are still more alive up till today but today despite all odd am happy with the little progress of mine
Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by histemple: 10:44am On Mar 19, 2023
walexbiz:

are you referring to Tonto Dikeh...

No
Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by Menclothing: 10:44am On Mar 19, 2023
Be legally married
Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by cassyrooy(m): 10:52am On Mar 19, 2023
Ahhnie:
Yes I ahnie is raising my two kids alone.
My husband is always away working
So I am like a single mumšŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜
It's not easy as long I don't cheat like Goodlady and Simplepee
Why clone Ahnie's account?
Make una leave her alone.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by Originalsly: 11:07am On Mar 19, 2023
As Africans... if we go stick to our roots ... or go back to our roots ... we would not have this problem of single parents. We are too busy abandoning our culture of community and adapting the destructive White culture of self. Single moms ... raising their kids on their own is very new and spreading .... was never part of our culture ... Police ... prisons ... court systems ....orphanages... homes for the elderly ... were never part of our culture .... all we adapt ... all scattering the foundation of our culture ... the family. We have single mothers ... by choice ... by being widowed ... by failed relationships.... struggling .... their kids suffering ... no time to bend the tree when it is young ... but where is the traditional family support? ... community support? ..... that's a story for another day. Should we move back to our culture we would not have this many failed relationships in the first place.... and so much suffering and desperation. As is today .... it is still part of our culture to look down on single mothers ... which serves like a deterrent... but at the same time drives many to have abortions and that's another problem. Even if we look down on these mothers I believe we should still help for the sake of the children and not condemn them as seems to be the trend of late. The deed has been done ... we should help in whatever way we can ... not make a bad situation worse.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by naniawini(f): 11:11am On Mar 19, 2023
dontrulee:

Gigi, how are you doing?
How's your baby doing?
It's been a while
I'm fine thanks šŸ˜Š She's well oh
Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by Ura: 11:20am On Mar 19, 2023
Promaxx:
I raised myself alone since age 9 when I became an orphan. I did everything to survive with my younger ones and to get proper formal education. Even the last Born is a posthumous child. God helped us, but it hasn't been easy. Now I feel like committing suicide due to the intense hardship am facing. Or let me just sleep and not wake up.
I'm tired of this world. Some are so rich and happy while others are perpetually poor and sad

Please Nairalanders, always reach out to people like this with your widow's mite. The feeling of being an orphan alone is daunting enough, not to talk about trying to survive in this difficult country, and even supporting dependents. I believe nothing will be too much or too little to offer.
Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by Thered12: 11:20am On Mar 19, 2023
Btruth:
Are you raising children alone?

Sunday 19th March 2023

ā€˜Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.ā€™ Psalm 30:5 NLT

One marriage expert says a single mother sent him a story that helped explain the loneliness and stress often faced by those raising children alone. She said she was looking out of her window one drizzly day and saw a mother robin and her little ones perched in a nest. As the rain poured down, the mother bird covered her chirping chicks beneath her extended wings.

Then the hail began to fall. Instead of tucking her head safely in the nest, the mother robin raised her head upward and took the blows to protect her young. All of the chicks made it safely through the storm.

What a graphic illustration of the challenges of single parenting!

The responsibility of raising kids alone is unrelenting, requiring a mum or dad to earn a living, cook, clean, supervise homework, take care of sick kids, and so on. Beyond these day-by-day duties, they must figure out how to meet their own personal and spiritual needs. Taken in context, this may be one of the toughest assignments on earth.

Single parents, whether mothers or fathers, need our continued support and prayers. To those who are taking the blows on behalf of their children, be assured that better days are coming. The storm youā€™re in wonā€™t last forever. A beautiful rainbow will soon appear. When the job has been completed, and a brood of healthy little birds has been raised, there will be sweet benefits for the parents who donā€™t fly away. Godā€™s Word promises: ā€˜Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.ā€™

I was raised by a single mom.. Lived with her since 0 years ...I'm turning 23 this july ... My mom suffered for me like ... All I've ever wished for is to work hard and pay her back .. those things she didn't achieve because I was in the picture .. so much I can't say... She paid the price for me as her only son.. she paid the price for me as her only child ... I'm grateful she lived to see me make my first million .. I'm glad she lived to see me become and Author... She didn't live to see her grandkids .... It's pretty painful... My mother's love is all I knew after suffering neglect from my dad for almost 20+ years ... Omo .. I finally lost my mom last year November ..I've not been able to recover sincerely ... People don't know what it single Parenthood does , what it feels like ...for the single parent and for the child ... It's crazy ... Unfortunately today is mother's Day .. Kai... Happy mother's days mum.. You raised a strong man.. you raised an ingenious mind.. May your soul Rest in peace ma.. meanwhile .... I might be getting married this year ..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by Odebayo4010(m): 11:31am On Mar 19, 2023
nony43:

What of your parents and siblings?

If they're not living in the same state nko?

1 Like

Re: Are You Raising Children Alone? by ahnie: 11:37am On Mar 19, 2023
cassyrooy:
Why clone Ahnie's account?
Make una leave her alone.
I m enjoying the attention,I want to see how long it would last cheesy cheesy cheesy.
This one is even small,I need them to clone surplus of my account. cheesy cheesy cheesy.
All these scum.bags still dey learn,oya kimmon clone more,awon werey.

Dem never chin sontin.
Smelling shildren,make them go chop red oyel rice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The church is the solution to Nigeria's socio-economic problemsā€Ž / Some Of The Devil's Tricks You Should Know About / Why Jesus Christ Actually Came To The Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.