Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,940 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. (577 Views)

IGBOPHOBIA IN OUR NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Igbophobia In Liberia?: What Liberians Said About Igbos / Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by saintfieldcastro: 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2023
Xenophobia practiced in south Africa has the support of majority of Indigenous South Africans. The whole world stands in unity to condemn xenophobic violence against foreigners. The reason for Xenophobia in South Africa is to chase away and destroy foreigners and their investments. Millions of NIGERIANS protest against Xenophobia in South Africa. Here in Nigeria and precisely in Lagos, some ethnic bigots, champions, hypocrites and Yoruba irredentists are weaponizing this notion that Igbos are " trying to dominate the Yoruba Land" and achieving some disastrous Political goals.
IGBOs and South South should reconcile whatever differences and create a common economy in Warri, Calabar, Uyo, PH, Onne, Bonny, Opobo, Aba, Onitsha and iguta and Create an economic hub for Our businesses and financial transactions. Our governors should meet and seek ways of divestment. Leave Lagos state for Yorubas. When we leave Lagos and return to our region, within 10-20 years, Lagos will be a Shadow of its former self. Let's divest now.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by computer0810(m): 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2023
There's no way south south can forge alliance with igbos

Igbos are wicked tribalistic greedy ppl that don't want good for anybody but themselves and if dey can't be up to ur standards dey find ways to destroy what u have built

8 Likes

Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by Ceenachi: 3:14pm On Mar 19, 2023
computer0810:

Igbos are wicked tribalistic greedy ppl that don't want good for anybody but themselves and if dey can't be up to ur standards dey find ways to destroy what u have built

Zombie

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by alanto: 3:27pm On Mar 19, 2023
How did you guys went from chest beating yesterday morning to crying victims now...
Ase iya o to iya ni ko ni da fun eni to na mi

8 Likes

Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by BloomingDale(f): 3:28pm On Mar 19, 2023
Ceenachi:

Zombie

It’s not a matter of zombie, but the cold hard truth. No need to sugarcoat it. Nobody wants to carry the same passport with you guys in any new country.

6 Likes

Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by BloomingDale(f): 3:29pm On Mar 19, 2023
saintfieldcastro:
Xenophobia practiced in south Africa has the support of majority of Indigenous South Africans. The whole world stands in unity to condemn xenophobic violence against foreigners. The reason for Xenophobia in South Africa is to chase away and destroy foreigners and their investments. Millions of NIGERIANS protest against Xenophobia in South Africa. Here in Nigeria and precisely in Lagos, some ethnic bigots, champions, hypocrites and Yoruba irredentists are weaponizing this notion that Igbos are " trying to dominate the Yoruba Land" and achieving some disastrous Political goals.
IGBOs and South South should reconcile whatever differences and create a common economy in Warri, Calabar, Uyo, PH, Onne, Bonny, Opobo, Aba, Onitsha and iguta and Create an economic hub for Our businesses and financial transactions. Our governors should meet and seek ways of divestment. Leave Lagos state for Yorubas. When we leave Lagos and return to our region, within 10-20 years, Lagos will be a Shadow of its former self. Let's divest now.

South South don’t have any issues with the Yorubas.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by lexylaw40: 3:34pm On Mar 19, 2023
Attachee by force

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by TheManPregnant: 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2023
BloomingDale:

South South don’t have any issue with the Yorubas.

You have no idea! They don't know the difference between Ufuoma and Ifeoma! To the average Yoruba, we are all the same. They lump us together with the Igbo. This is the reason we must take what is going on in Lagos seriously! Don't think they care to know. Once they are done with the Igbos, any other group that has divergent political inclinations will be given the same treatment or even worse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by BloomingDale(f): 3:43pm On Mar 19, 2023
TheManPregnant:

You have no idea! They don't know the difference between Ufuoma and Ifeoma! To the average Yoruba, we are all the same. They lump us together with the Igbo. This is the reason we must take what is going on in Lagos seriously! Don't think they care to know. Once they are done with the Igbos, any other group that has divergent political inclinations will be given the same treatment or even worse.

Divergent political inclinations? Keep it to yourself. Don’t just participate in their local election. Let only them choose their rulers. I wouldn’t like it either if a foreigner chooses who will rule over me. Do unto others as you will like them to do unto you.

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by AnyanwuSilas: 3:46pm On Mar 19, 2023
Hmm
Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by TheManPregnant: 3:47pm On Mar 19, 2023
BloomingDale:

Divergent political inclinations? Keep it to yourself. Don’t just participate in their local election. Let only them choose their rulers. I wouldn’t like it either if a foreigner chooses who will rule over me.

Lol! In a democracy?!

We need to stop deceiving ourselves. We are really not interested in the true ideals of a democratic system.

Imagine telling someone not to participate in elections where the person resides and is eligible to vote in.

This is absurd to say the least.
Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by BloomingDale(f): 3:52pm On Mar 19, 2023
TheManPregnant:

Lol! In a democracy?!

We need to stop deceiving ourselves. We are really not interested in the true ideals of a democratic system.

Imagine telling someone not to participate elections where the person resides and is eligible to vote in.

It is their region. If you don’t like it, then you might as well go back to your region and keep fighting for restructuring/ separation/federalism etc. They only singled out just one ethnic group cos they know that ethnic group don’t have their best interest at heart.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by OneCandleAway(f): 3:58pm On Mar 19, 2023
BloomingDale:

It is their region. If you don’t like it, then you might as well go back to your region and keep fighting for restructuring/ separation/federalism etc. They only singled out just one ethnic group cos they know that ethnic group don’t have their best interest at heart.

If the whites think like this I'm sure slavery will have never been abolished
Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by BloomingDale(f): 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
OneCandleAway:

If the whites think like this I'm sure slavery will have never been abolished

Slavery was never abolished. They just came up with a new system cos it was getting harder and harder to control so many black people.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by saintfieldcastro: 4:03pm On Mar 19, 2023
You people rejected your own sons and daughters because they have Igbo mothers. Attacked others because they look Igbo.

I mean you rejected your own nwadiana simply beacuse they have Igbo Dads.

Igbophobia in Nigeria is not talked about enough.

You guys are despicable!
Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by TheManPregnant: 4:04pm On Mar 19, 2023
BloomingDale:

Lol! Again

If you think their references of "Igbo" means only South Easterners, then you are very mistaken. In fact, I doubt if you have ever lived amongst them. You certainly do not know how they think, especially the mass of the non-elites in "yoruba land". The very ones the politicians are using to perpetuate this evil for selfish gain.

You need to go and learn what democracy is truly about and get some understanding of the enabling laws that allow people to vote and be voted for here in Nigeria. I have a right as an individual to determine who leads and represents me in any area within Nigeria I am registered to vote in.
Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by Brendaniel: 4:04pm On Mar 19, 2023
BloomingDale:

Divergent political inclinations? Keep it to yourself. Don’t just participate in their local election. Let only them choose their rulers. I wouldn’t like it either if a foreigner chooses who will rule over me. Do unto others as you will like them to do unto you.

Listen to yourself, but you want Nigerians abroad to choose who will lead them over there and also vie for positions without fear or intimidation...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by lexylaw40: 4:06pm On Mar 19, 2023
Even Dubai don't want Igbos around ... Nobody wants the criminals around

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by BloomingDale(f): 4:12pm On Mar 19, 2023
TheManPregnant:

Lol! Again

If you think their references of "Igbo" means only South Easterners, then you are very mistaken. In fact, I doubt if you have ever lived amongst them. You certainly do not know how they think, especially the mass of the non-elites in "yoruba land". The very ones the politicians are using to perpetuate this evil for selfish gain.

You need to go and learn what democracy is truly about and get some understanding of the enabling laws that allow people to vote and be voted for here in Nigeria. I have a right as an individual to determine who leads and represents me in any area within Nigeria I am registered to vote in.

I know what democracy is. You yourself said it that we are not yet ripe for democracy which I totally agree with. Democracy does not include using foul languages, threatening your hosts etc etc. To avoid all these wahala let everybody go back to their region, biko, stay there and develop their region, since we can’t seem to live peacefully together.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by lexylaw40: 4:16pm On Mar 19, 2023
BloomingDale:

I know what democracy is. You yourself said it that we are not yet ripe for democracy which I totally agree with. Democracy does not include using foul languages, threatening your hosts etc etc. To avoid all these wahala let everybody go back to their region, biko, stay there and develop their region, since we can’t seem to live peacefully together.
well said

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by Reality3080: 5:11pm On Mar 19, 2023
computer0810:

y always igbos

They gave them quit notice in kaduna
They don’t like them in rivers
They don’t like them in lagos
Same in India, South Africa n co

Y always igbos
Re: Xenophobia In South Africa And Igbophobia In Lagos. by Reality3080: 5:13pm On Mar 19, 2023
TheManPregnant:

Lol! In a democracy?!

Imagine telling someone not to participate in elections where the person resides and is eligible to vote in.

y only igbos?

(1) (Reply)

They Have Started Putting Words Into Your Mouths / ‘my Boyfriend Had S3x With Me 27 Times In One Day’ – Nollywood Actress(video) / IGP Orders Arrest Of Seun Kuti For Assaulting A Police Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.