Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,151 members, 7,860,123 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:14 AM

My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement (918 Views)

Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless / Fake Photo Alert: Tinubu In Abuja Not In The United States - Bayo Onanuga / Tinubu Did Not Disrespect Buhari - Bayo Onanuga (Media Director) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by EmekaStanley: 7:35pm On Mar 19, 2023
I read a statement attributed to one Bayo Onanuga, an obvious bigot. My own statement is that come 2027 and beyond, the Igbo people living in Lagos should, and will fully, participate in Lagos Politics. Not only is it their constitutional right, it is also their God given right.

Romans 12 vs 18, "IF IT BE POSSIBLE, AS MUCH AS IT LIETH IN YOU, LEAVE PEACEABLE WITH ALL MEN".

You are for peace while Bayo and his likes are for violence, but then if Bayo comes at you with violence, you have every legal right to defend yourself.

This should be the mindset of every peace loving Nigerian living in any part of the world.
Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by searchng4love: 7:55pm On Mar 19, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I read a statement attributed to one Bayo Onanuga, an obvious bigot. My own statement is that come 2027 and beyond, the Igbo people living in Lagos should, and will fully, participate in Lagos Politics. Not only is it their constitutional right, it is also their God given right.

Romans 12 vs 18, "IF IT BE POSSIBLE, AS MUCH AS IT LIETH IN YOU, LEAVE PEACEABLE WITH ALL MEN".

You are for peace while Bayo and his likes are for violence, but then if Bayo comes at you with violence, you have every legal right to defend yourself.

This should be the mindset of every peace loving Nigerian living in any part of the world.

Onanuga is very innocent.
Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by EmekaStanley: 7:58pm On Mar 19, 2023
searchng4love:

Onanuga is very innocent.
Okay.

My prayers is that whatever effect his statements cause will start from his household
Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by searchng4love: 8:08pm On Mar 19, 2023
EmekaStanley:
Okay.

My prayers is that whatever effect his statements cause will start from his household

Learn to respect your hosts
Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by EmekaStanley: 8:16pm On Mar 19, 2023
searchng4love:

Learn to respect your hosts
What is your definition of 'respect' here? Because I hear it a lot.

How do the Igbos disrespect their hosts?

This should actually be a topic of discussion.
Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by searchng4love: 8:28pm On Mar 19, 2023
EmekaStanley:
What is your definition of 'respect' here? Because I hear it a lot.

How do the Igbos disrespect their hosts?

This should actually be a topic of discussion.

Leave their politics alone
Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by EmekaStanley: 8:41pm On Mar 19, 2023
searchng4love:

Leave their politics alone
So what do you tell Nigerians who participate in Politics overseas, where some even won?
Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by searchng4love: 8:42pm On Mar 19, 2023
EmekaStanley:
So what do you tell Nigerians who participate in Politics overseas, where some even won?
If they have citizenship. Not just because you bought a land
Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by EmekaStanley: 8:47pm On Mar 19, 2023
searchng4love:

If they have citizenship. Not just because you bought a land
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Are you kidding Bro grin grin grin grin grin grin

So an Igbo man living in Lagos is not a citizen?
Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by flokii: 8:47pm On Mar 19, 2023
Today you have constitutional rights as Nigerians.. tomorrow you'll start calling same Nigeria a zoo and chanting you want biafra.

Bayo Onanuga stated the fact and the mind of the average Yoruba man on the street.. Igbos should stay away from our politics in Yorubaland and go face their own region. Go back and demand good governance in the East so your folks will stop trooping into South West as if there is war ongoing in your region.

Lagos need to review her transport laws and shut down all these transport companies transporting aliens into Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by EmekaStanley: 8:52pm On Mar 19, 2023
flokii:
Today you have constitutional rights as Nigerians.. tomorrow you'll start calling same Nigeria a zoo and chanting you want biafra.

Bayo Onanuga stated the fact and the mind of the average Yoruba man on the street.. Igbos should stay away from our politics in Yorubaland and go face their own region. Go back and demand good governance in the East so your folks will stop trooping into South West as if there is war ongoing in your region.

Lagos need to review her transport laws and shut down all these transport companies transporting aliens into Lagos.
Lagos is a state in Nigeria, and every Nigerian has the right to live in Lagos without any interference.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you or anyone can do about it. Anyone living in Lagos has the right to vote in Lagos.

I will caution people like you inciting violence to thread softly.
Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by helinues: 8:54pm On Mar 19, 2023
Had you people listened to our advice, you won't be treated this way.

Are Igbo's the only non indigenes in Lagos that only them carry Lagos election for head?

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by Sannisege: 8:56pm On Mar 19, 2023
OP you sure say Ibos go still dey Lagos in 2027? You guys don’t know what’s coming.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by EmekaStanley: 8:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
helinues:
Had you people listened to our advice, you won't be treated this way.

Are Igbo's the only non indigenes in Lagos that only them carry Lagos election for head?
How exactly?

You are entitled to support your own candidate, likewise any other person.

There is no Igbo man on the ballot for governorship(Not like it is wrong) but a full fledged Yoruba man, Gbadebo. I honestly don't know the issues you have with him.

You prefer Tinubu to continue having direct control of Lagos treasury. That's not a problem to you. Vote him and allow others vote their choice. By the way, Gbadebo also had Yoruba fans. Why picking on Igbos only?
Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by EmekaStanley: 9:00pm On Mar 19, 2023
Sannisege:
OP you sure say Ibos go still dey Lagos in 2027? You guys don’t know what’s coming.
Yes they will still be here I can assure you.
Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by helinues: 9:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
EmekaStanley:
How exactly?

You are entitled to support your own candidate, likewise any other person.

There is no Igbo man on the ballot for governorship(Not like it is wrong) but a full fledged Yoruba man, Gbadebo. I honestly don't know the issues you have with him.

You prefer Tinubu to continue having direct control of Lagos treasury. That's not a problem to you. Vote him and allow others vote their choice. By the way, Gbadebo also had Yoruba fans. Why picking on Igbos only?

How do you mean by continue allowing Tinubu to have direct control of Lagos treasury?
Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by EmekaStanley: 9:04pm On Mar 19, 2023
helinues:

How do you mean by continue allowing Tinubu to have direct control of Lagos treasury?
It is not my business. I have never benefitted a kobo from the government, and I don't have any intention of going down that lane.

My point is, let people vote their choice.
Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by flokii: 9:05pm On Mar 19, 2023
EmekaStanley:
Lagos is a state in Nigeria, and every Nigerian has the right to live in Lagos without any interference.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you or anyone can do about it. Anyone living in Lagos has the right to vote in Lagos.

I will caution people like you inciting violence to thread softly.

Lagos is a State in Nigeria.. AGREED! But in Yoruba territory under the control of Yorubas.
It's the same with likes of Anambra, Abia, Enugu and co. where Igbos chased other tribes and fellow Igbos wanting to vote APC away from the polling unit on Feb 25th. Did Igbos respect the constitutional right of other Nigerians then?

Your double standard stinks to the high heavens..

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by helinues: 9:07pm On Mar 19, 2023
EmekaStanley:
It is not my business. I have never benefitted a kobo from the government, and I don't have any intention of going down that lane.

My point is, let people vote their choice.

Are you aware that bitten is part of fighting?
Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by EmekaStanley: 9:12pm On Mar 19, 2023
flokii:

Lagos is a State in Nigeria.. AGREED! But in Yoruba territory under the control of Yorubas.
It's the same with likes of Anambra, Abia, Enugu and co. where Igbos chased other tribes and fellow Igbos wanting to vote APC away from the polling unit on Feb 25th. Did Igbos respect the constitutional right of other Nigerians then?

Your double standard stinks to the high heavens..
You are wrong Bro.

Many yorubas live peacefully in the east without any form of harassment, I see them a lot. Some have acclimatized so well that you can't even tell they are Yoruba. Someone bearing 'Abiola' just won election in the east. He was massively voted for because the people believed he was a better candidate than the others.

Nobody stopped anyone from voting anyone; Igbos have roundly voted for Yoruba candidates in the past including Presidential elections.

Let this unnecessary picking of Igbos stop. It is not good.

Live and let live.
Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by EmekaStanley: 9:13pm On Mar 19, 2023
helinues:

Are you aware that bitten is part of fighting?
What do you mean by 'bitten'?
Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by helinues: 9:14pm On Mar 19, 2023
EmekaStanley:
What do you mean by 'bitten'?

Tyson Vs Hollyfield
Re: My Take On Bayo Onanuga's Statement by EmekaStanley: 9:18pm On Mar 19, 2023
helinues:

Tyson Vs Hollyfield

Oh....if everyone decides to go that route, casualties will definitely result, then that wouldn't be an election

Looks like you wont mind being intimidated or harrassed in anything you are doing?

(1) (Reply)

INTERIM Govt Will NOT Happen In Nigeria Again, We Will Join Forces To Oppose It / Peter Obi’s Oldest Bodyguard In Nigeria / President Buhari Attends Presidential Fleet Review In Lagos (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.