Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers (1585 Views)

Tribunal Judgement: Peter Obi Files 51 Grounds Of Appeal At Supreme Court / Atiku Abubakar Files Petition To Challenge Tinubu's Electoral Victory / Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by yashau(m): 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2023
The presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, has filed his petition challenging the victory of Bola Tinubu as Nigeria’s president-elect in the 25 February election.

Mr Obi, who came third in the election, filed his petition at the Presidential Election Petition Court in Abuja, at about midnight on Tuesday.

The Labour Party candidate sought five prayers in his petition.

Principal among his prayers is his call on the court to cancel the 25 February presidential election and order a fresh poll.

The petition, jointly filed by Mr Obi and the Labour Party as co-petitioners, joined the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Mr Tinubu, Shettima Kashim (vice president-elect), and the All Progressives Congress (APC) as the respondents.

Tuesday, being the 21st day since the declaration of the results of the election on 1 March, is the last day he as well as any other aggrieved candidates and political parties have to file their petition in court.

INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu, who announced the final results in the early hours of 1 March in Abuja, said Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) PDP came second in the election
Atiku polled a total of 6,984,520 votes in the election.

Mr Obi of the Labour Party came third in the election with a total of 6,101,533 votes, while Rabiu Kwankwaso of the NNPP came fourth with 1,496,687 votes.

Grounds of the petition
Setting out the grounds for the petition, Mr Obi’s lead lawyer, Livy Uzoukwu, said Mr Tinubu “at the time of the (presidential) election was not qualified to contest the election.”

Mr Uzoukwu, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), argued that the president-elect “was not duly elected by majority of the lawful votes cast at the time of the election.”
The senior lawyer led Atiku’s legal team when the former vice president unsuccessfully challenged the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.

Prayers
Among his five prayers, Mr Obi urged the Presidential Election Petition Court to “determine that at the time of the presidential election held on 25 February, 2023,” Messrs Tinubu and Shettima “were not qualified to contest the election. ”

He prayed the tribunal “to determine that all the votes recorded for” Mr Tinubu “in the election are wasted votes, owing to the non-qualification” of the president-elect and Mr Shettima.

“That it be determined that the 2nd Respondent (Mr Tinubu) having failed to score one-quarter of the votes cast at the Presidential Election in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, was not entitled to be declared and returned as the winner of the presidential election held on 25 February, 2023.”
Mr Obi prayed the tribunal to make “an order cancelling the election and compelling the 1st respondent (INEC) to conduct a fresh election at which the 2nd Respondent (Tinubu), 3rd respondent (Shettima) and 4th respondent (APC) shall not participate.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/589365-just-in-peter-obi-files-petition-against-tinubus-victory-seeks-five-prayers.html

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by yashau(m): 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2023
Peter Obi is comedian 🙄

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by Fahdiga(m): 2:19pm On Mar 21, 2023
Obi will win.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by Abfinest007(m): 2:25pm On Mar 21, 2023
Obi is going about this case the wrong way .he should seek for the court to declare him winner not to cancel d election and call for a rerun of which tinubu will not participate
Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by DesignMaestro(m): 2:33pm On Mar 21, 2023
This one na pure mumu petition 😏

So, didn't you win the election again?
I thought you said you won and your mandate was stolen, now you want a fresh election without Tinubu participating, kikikikiki 😄😄😄😄😄

Obinna no go kill me o

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by DesignMaestro(m): 2:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
Gullible obidenses didn't believe it when we said Obi and his cohorts had realised that Tinubu actually won after doing their own collation. That is why the online collation was aborted the other day.

Obi and LP had to wait till last day before filing their petition because they knew they have no mandate.

Now, I don't want to hear anything like 'stolen mandate' from you Obidients again. Your lord and Messiah has conceded to the fact that he has no mandate. He only wants a fresh election without the giant involved 😁

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by Amazoner01: 2:46pm On Mar 21, 2023
As much as I support this man, this petition is very weak. I would have thought they have better evidences like those ones flying around. Almost had hope. Choi. Prolly this is intro…

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by Elliotwaveforec: 2:48pm On Mar 21, 2023
Kikiki! Decided cases on 25% of Abuja votes favour BAT; it's been established by the SC that Abuja should be treated as a state making it the 37th state; so, no special treatment for Abuja.

25% of 37 is 25.

Case closed!

Obi and his team of lawyers are morons!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by yarimo(m): 2:49pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hahahaha the same obi that was caught trying to run away from Nigeria this afternoon

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by OfoIgbo: 3:03pm On Mar 21, 2023
Amazoner01:
As much as I support this man, this petition is very weak. I would have thought they have better evidences like those ones flying around. Almost had hope. Choi. Prolly this is intro…

Mr Uzoukwu, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), argued that the president-elect “was not duly elected by majority of the lawful votes cast at the time of the election.”

This is a clear indication that they have enough evidence to prove that the votes assigned to Tinubu by INEC, were not lawful votes. Let not your heart be troubled.

They got this well covered

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by Hueyreckless0007: 3:06pm On Mar 21, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by Mylove55(f): 3:10pm On Mar 21, 2023
yashau:
Peter Obi is comedian 🙄
obi.diot no well

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by Mylove55(f): 3:12pm On Mar 21, 2023
OfoIgbo:

This is a clear indication that they have enough evidence to prove that the votes assigned to Tinubu by INEC, were not lawful votes. Let not your heart be troubled.

They got this well covered
the case na zigzag, obi.diot is not organised

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by blacksta(m): 3:12pm On Mar 21, 2023
DesignMaestro:
This one na pure mumu petition 😏

So, didn't you win the election again?
I thought you said you won and your mandate was stolen, now you want a fresh election without Tinubu participating, kikikikiki 😄😄😄😄😄

Obinna no go kill me o

Are you a Lawyer ... i seriously doubt it ...

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by saintokwuluora(m): 3:15pm On Mar 21, 2023
That drug indictment in US is coming to play...game on.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by colorsofrainbow: 3:16pm On Mar 21, 2023
OfoIgbo:

You're obviously duller than you possibly look. Didn't you read the line

This affords PO's legal team the opportunity to prove that Tinubu's votes could not be backed with evidence of the raw result sheets, or that there're discrepancies that exist between the figures with which Tinubu was declared the president-elect and the real result.

This immediately calls into question, THE PROCESS of deriving the result that INEC used to declare Tinubu the president-elect.

They don't know. I love the early celebration of agbado urchins. Most of them even know but they just wanna pretend

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by Taba21: 3:19pm On Mar 21, 2023
tungamaje:

Are you not rather the dull one. One of the prayers said Tinubu didn't win majority of the votes cast. It's now up to him to provide evidence he didn't really win. Do you think the legal team aren't really learned in law? Let's not be in a hurry and observe how things pan out

Nothing will happen

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by rolams(m): 3:23pm On Mar 21, 2023
No case

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by oyatz(m): 3:32pm On Mar 21, 2023
tungamaje:

Are you not rather the dull one. One of the prayers said Tinubu didn't win majority of the votes cast. It's now up to him to provide evidence he didn't really win. Do you think the legal team aren't really learned in law? Let's not be in a hurry and observe how things pan out

Curiously ,Obi NEVER claimed to have won the presidential election and be declared the winner, so why all the noise of 'retrieving his mandate '?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by DesignMaestro(m): 3:36pm On Mar 21, 2023
blacksta:

Are you a Lawyer ... i seriously doubt it ...
I'm not a lawyer. Just check the principal prayer. I thought it should have been centered on a call for return of mandate to the 'true' winner, not cancellation of election and holding a fresh one.

As far as the listed prayers are concerned, (as a layman) I can't say if he has a case or not, but my point is why was Obi shouting 'stolen mandate' when he knew he didn't win (His principal prayer to the tribunal obviously suggests that he conceded to the fact that Tinubu won).

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by famology(m): 3:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
Abfinest007:
Obi is going about this case the wrong way .he should seek for the court to declare him winner not to cancel d election and call for a rerun of which tinubu will not participate

You think the court is a father Christmas abi? Lol...🤣🤣
Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by waynetee(m): 3:44pm On Mar 21, 2023
What kind of daft person is this.. To be honest Nigeria will be the worst place on Earth if this man mistakenly win because he doesn't even have a clue about anything.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by fr3do(m): 4:13pm On Mar 21, 2023
good
Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by dat9jaguy(m): 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
OfoIgbo:

You're obviously duller than you possibly look. Didn't you read the line

This affords PO's legal team the opportunity to prove that Tinubu's votes could not be backed with evidence of the raw result sheets, or that there're discrepancies that exist between the figures with which Tinubu was declared the president-elect and the real result.

This immediately calls into question, THE PROCESS of deriving the result that INEC used to declare Tinubu the president-elect.

Console yourself. I have said what I said.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by dat9jaguy(m): 4:52pm On Mar 21, 2023
tungamaje:

Read the 5 points of the petition and not what the lawyer is saying.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Files Petition Against Tinubu’s Victory, Seeks Five Prayers by Karlifate: 5:57pm On Mar 21, 2023
saintokwuluora:
That drug indictment in US is coming to play...game on.

Update yourself.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Governors Publicly Endorse President Tinubu / How A Die-hard Tinubu Supporter Became A Quick Multi-millionaire / What Is The Future Of Naija Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.