Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis (12783 Views)

Gov Jang Defends State’s Security Outfit / Jonathan Endorses Gov Jang’s Faction / Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis by dejyx: 10:55pm On Sep 25, 2011
Only fools will believe this. If the fools insist on believing that  Jang is responsible for Jos crises, the fools will also believe that Jang has been responsible for Maitesine riots in Yola and Bauchi in the 80's Kalo Kato riots in Bauchi, Jang is also responsible for 9/11 bombing, Jang is responsible for all Boko Haram Bombings, the violence of CPC etc.

Bloody fools will just come to say rubish and expect us to believe. Jang was also responsible for World War I and II. Idiots
Re: Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis by gohome: 11:00pm On Sep 25, 2011
Ayowumie:

I never said that the Berom were conquered and or converted to Islam. I said the "Hausa Fulanis settled" in Jos in course of propagating Islam. Hausa Fulanis conquered the Jarawas in Bauchi specifically around the areas known now as Tora LGA of Bauchi. Naturally, every settled population expands so it was for Hausa Fulanis in Jos.
Hausa Fulanis root is traced back to the Arabs and being the kind of people that they are and the tendency for them to propagate their religion, they are usually aggressive. They settled in Jos probably through coercion and or aggressiveness although there is no written record of an occurrence of violence between the Berom and the Fulanis. All these can however be traced to the Hegemonic and Expansionist tendencies of Hausa Fulanis.

and your point is?
Re: Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis by johnblaze1: 11:10pm On Sep 25, 2011
learn how to make money using google

http://blackenterpreurs..com/
Re: Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis by Ayowumie(m): 11:16pm On Sep 25, 2011
dejyx:

Only fools will believe this. If the fools insist on believing that  Jang is responsible for Jos crises, the fools will also believe that Jang has been responsible for Maitesine riots in Yola and Bauchi in the 80's Kalo Kato riots in Bauchi, Jang is also responsible for 9/11 bombing, Jang is responsible for all Boko Haram Bombings, the violence of CPC etc.

Bloody fools will just come to say rubish and expect us to believe. Jang was also responsible for World War I and II. Idiots
Just listen and read carefully. Jos crisis has never been this protracted. Crisis is not however new in Jos but it has never been in this dimension. What people are saying is the present spate of crisis in Jos was aggravated by the govt of Jonah David Jang. With all due respect to him, perhaps he never knew it would result to this. But like every pdp member, one think they think about is winning and winning an election at all cost. Remember in 2007, OBJ said the election was a do or die affair. That was how Jang treated the 2008 local govt election in Jos North LGA. He was warned, (u could read my earlier post). In summary, what i am saying is that this dimension of Jos crisis could have been averted if the Plateau state govt had not played politics with it. I was opportuned to attend to the Plateau Stakeholders Reconciliation Workshop last year and I got the gist first hand. The hand of the govt is not clean.

gohome:

and your point is?
Wether Hausa Fulanis are native of Plateau State is a matter beyond this debate.
Re: Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis by dejyx: 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2011
Ayowumie:

Hausa Fulanis have settled in jos as far back as the beginning of 18th century when Dan Fodio and co were propagating the expansion of islam through coercion. However, I dont what we can call them, either native or not cos Nigerian constitution does not define who a native is.

I am happy you used the word settled. For peace sake they should remain settlers.  The Uhrobos and Yorubas were earlier settlers why arent they using  dagas and sickles to chase the natives, of Jos,Igbos,Yorubas, Uhrobos etc around. About the Nigerian constitution I am sure with time all that about native or settler will be clearly spelt out later. Before that is done I think we deserve some peace in Jos City. You are talking about JIHAD of 18th century in the 21st century? Things cant work like that any longer. The Hausa Fulani can try anyway but it is going to be difficult for them to capture Jos by JIHAD this 21st Century.

The present crisis was caused by the ethnocentric government (Jang) backed by the notorious big party, PDP. The govt and the pdp machineries were warned not impose a candidate on Jos North LGA  but they never listened.

If Jang and the people of Plateau state decide to impose a candidate on Jos North LGA I think we the people living in Jos know the right quarters to lay our grievances. It does not give us the right to go burning houses 1am in Ali Kazaure streets when christians are sleeping.  After all the states which these settlers came from have been declared Sharia states nobody from Plateau has gone to these states complaining that the Governors of these states imposed Sharia on them. If you are not comfortable with what the state imposes on you, you vamoose.

The Jos crisis has never been this protracted. Everybody is putting blame on Jang cos of his insensitivity and partisan politics that he displayed in handling the local govt election.
the devil and the deep blue sea

Protracted is quite vague? Please be specific. Jos has been tense since the IBB era when Jos North was created in dariyes 8 yrs there was protracted crises which even led to state of emergency so how can you say protracted when Jang has only ruled for 4 yrs.

Lets all wake up please whether we are Fulani Hausa Igbo Yoruba etc. Once we have come to a peace loving state like Plateau and are not satisfied with the terms instead of fighting lets go back to where we are comming from peacefully.

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis by gohome: 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2011
Ayowumie:

Just listen and read carefully. Jos crisis has never been this protracted. Crisis is not however new in Jos but it has never been in this dimension. What people are saying is the present spate of crisis in Jos was aggravated by the govt of Jonah David Jang. With all due respect to him, perhaps he never knew it would result to this. But like every pdp member, one think they think about is winning and winning an election at all cost. Remember in 2007, OBJ said the election was a do or die affair. That was how Jang treated the 2008 local govt election in Jos North LGA. He was warned, (u could read my earlier post). In summary, what i am saying is that this dimension of Jos crisis could have been averted if the Plateau state govt had not played politics with it. I was opportuned to attend to the Plateau Stakeholders Reconciliation Workshop last year and I got the gist first hand. The hand of the govt is not clean.
Wether Hausa Fulanis are native of Plateau State is a matter beyond this debate.

its rather strange to blame this crisis on the governor without blaming the jobless fanatical uneducated hausa/fulani folks who started the crisis in the first place. I think it will be intelligent to say the governor contributed to worsen the crisis, just like you and me, but responsible? think again.

We all know the truth. folks that live in Jos know for sure the root cause of the crisis, we are just deceiving ourselves.

Ayowumie:

They are not natives simple,  is that so hard to understand? Now since you know its a matter beyond this debate, take back your earlier statement that said hausa/fulani, settled in Jos since the 18th century
Re: Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis by naijaking1: 11:34pm On Sep 25, 2011
What are you guys talking about when politicians like Passali is claiming that Hausa/Fulani are indigenous to Jos for the past 1000 years. -----That's the big problem here, not vague politics, not contrasting religions, and certaily not Jang.
Somebody needs to tell Hausa/Fulani people boldly and clearly that they don't own Jos north, south, east or west.
Re: Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis by dejyx: 11:38pm On Sep 25, 2011
gohome:

its rather strange to blame this crisis on the governor without blaming the jobless fanatical uneducated hausa/fulani folks who started the crisis in the first place. I think it will be intelligent to say the governor contributed to worsen the crisis, just like you and me, but responsible? think again.

We all know the truth. folks that live in Jos know for sure the root cause of the crisis, we are just deceiving ourselves.

They are not natives simple,  is that so hard to understand? Now since you know its a matter beyond this debate, the back your earlier statement that said hausa/fulani, settled in Jos since the 18th century
Ayowumie:

I think I understand you now.  It is simple we both have different mindsets.  You are trying to give reason why people should go on violence and mayhem.  I am trying to say here that there is no point going on rampage violence mayhem looting burning etc after you loose an election.  There is a panel to where you go and lay your complaints in a civil manner.  Ayowumie I dont think you should look for excuses to support massive and dreadful killing.

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis by dejyx: 11:41pm On Sep 25, 2011
naijaking1:

What are you guys talking about when politicians like Passali is claiming that Hausa/Fulani are indigenous to Jos for the past 1000 years. -----That's the big problem here, not vague politics, not contrasting religions, and certaily not Jang.
Somebody needs to tell Hausa/Fulani people boldly and clearly that they don't own Jos north, south, east or west.

LIKE !

If they see the writing on the wall men we will have some rest in Jos City.
Re: Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis by Abagworo(m): 11:50pm On Sep 25, 2011
Jang underated the Hausa/Fulani and felt that he could rig election and kill them because they are not the founders of the land.If I were to judge the case,I will sentence him to death.He made that strategic mistake because he is a tribalist like most nairalanders.If this crisis is not settled amicably,I foresee ethnic cleansing in Plateau in about 10 years from now.
Re: Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis by gohome: 11:55pm On Sep 25, 2011
dejyx:

I think I understand you now.  It is simple we both have different mindsets.  You are trying to give reason why people should go on violence and mayhem.  I am trying to say here that there is no point going on rampage violence mayhem looting burning etc after you loose an election.  There is a panel to where you go and lay your complaints in a civil manner.  Ayowumie I dont think you should look for excuses to support massive and dreadful killing.

Thanks for the bolded. Jang rigs an election, a family of 8 is wiped out. PDP rigs an election innocent corpers die. Hausa/fulani, God is watching
Re: Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis by naijaking1: 2:58am On Sep 26, 2011
Abagworo:

Jang underated the Hausa/Fulani and felt that he could rig election and kill them because they are not the founders of the land.If I were to judge the case,I will sentence him to death.He made that strategic mistake because he is a tribalist like most nairalanders.If this crisis is not settled amicably,I foresee ethnic cleansing in Plateau in about 10 years from now.

Jang didn't underate your people, he simply wanted to protect his own people like any good politician would. He did the same thing Hausa/Fulani politicians did in Kano, Zamfara, Katsina and other traditional Hausa states. Sorry to disappoint you buddy, but history will judge Jang very positively especially now that your people's fanatical, and dangerous hold power in Nigeria is begininng to wane.
Re: Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis by fmgold: 10:11am On Sep 26, 2011
Wikileaks is not the problem here,they are only given tapped intelligence report,it is left for anyone to interprete.I have always said that the combination of Hausa and Islam is the worst thing that ever happened to Mankind. It begats violence,at least we have Yoruba Muslims and they are very accomodating. That mix is like giving a madman cocaine.He will kill everybody
Re: Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 26, 2011
Now, whatsoever seriousness I have for the so called "weak" leaks, have disappeared.

So this is the epytome of great intelligence?

The jos crises has been there before Jang ever had imagination of rulling the state.

I am not tribalist, but if we don't call a spade a spade and face the menace of the Hausa/Fulani accross Ngigeria, we all will surely regret it.
Re: Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis by Ayowumie(m): 7:01pm On Sep 26, 2011
dejyx:

Ayowumie I dont think you should look for excuses to support massive and dreadful killing.
I never justified the killings and I can never do it. Killing is evil and barbaric.
What i however did was to provide a view point and i didnt talk about who killed who.
Re: Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis by aletheia(m): 10:42pm On Sep 26, 2011
From the Bola Ajibola-chaired Commission of Inquiry:

In memorandum JCI/J/140/2009 presented by residents of Angwan Dalyop, a neighbourhood of Ali Kazaure Street, they stated on page 3 – 6 of the memorandum as follows:

“Prior to the crises, the actual mobilization and manoeuvres of the Hausa Youths that culminated in the mayhem started around 2:00 am with a call to sallah using a public address system (at an unusual time). After the call the Imam made a clear declaration of war when he said ---- ‘Jama’a, wannan Jihadi ne, ku kashe maza, ku kashe mata, ku kashe tsofofi da yara, ku kone gidajen arne’ meaning people, this is a Jihad, kill men, kill women, kill the elderly and children. Go ahead and burn the houses of the infidels …
Shortly after the declaration there was a sudden violent rush of Hausa youths marching to and from the streets chanting “Allahu Akbar. This mass movement continued till day break when the actual destruction of houses, lives and other properties started. The crisis in Angwan Dalyop started about 6:00 am on that Friday 28th November, 2008. There was sudden pandemonion as residents were woken by the sudden mass movement of Hausa youths brandishing dangerous weapons such as cutlasses, swords, machetes, clubs, bows and arrows and later guns. Some of these youths were identified to be residents of Ali Kazaure area. We were also able to learn from one Ahmadu Ali Kazaure that most of the armed militants were from Gangare in Jos”.

C.S.P Sale Adudu (Rtd.) was Commission witness 202. According to the witness who gave evidence in memorandum JCI/J/133/2009, he was an eye witness to what transpired at the collation centre in Kabong. C.S.P Sale Adudu (Rtd.) stated in his evidence as follows:

“So when the results were coming in, the Hausa/Fulani were leading with almost thirty something thousand, very close to be in favour of the result(sic). But later, the other results were coming from the indigenes. At about 11:00 p.m the results of the indigenes were almost fifty something thousand. Then some of them start shouting “the Arnas have won the election…… Hon. Nazifi raised an alarm using a telephone call and said “ku fito!, ku fito! Arna sun ci zabe! Meaning “come out! The infidels have won the election!. He said so more than ten times, ku fito, ku fito, ku fito! Ku fito an gama damu” meaning “come out, come out, come out, come out, we are finished, they have won”. It was after these phone calls that we witnessed people coming out, the next I could see was smoke every where…. They set COCIN Church, Sarkin Mangu on fire”

In memorandum JCI/J/38/2009 presented before the Commission stated on page 8 thus:

“Amazingly, many individuals, who were practicing Muslims, but not of Hausa/Fulani origin were also targeted for attack. For example, there are credible oral accounts which speak of some Yoruba – speaking residents of Nasarawa Gwong area of Jos (who are Muslims) being brutally attacked and molested. A few of them were even reported to have been killed”.

The Yoruba Community who presented memorandum JCI/J/202/2009 stated on page 1 of the memorandum as follows:

“Yorubas did not present any candidate for any key position in the election. Therefore it came as a surprise when on 28th November, 2008, thousands of Hausa Youths under the disguise of their dissatisfaction with the yet to be released results of the Local Government Elections joined by their kith and kin in Nasarawa Gwong, Rikkos and Dutse Uku unleashed terror on Yoruba residents in these areas”.

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis by adamabdul: 11:00pm On Sep 26, 2011
Jonah Jang is an animal and deserves to be slaughtered.
Re: Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis by PhysicsQED(m): 8:19am On Sep 27, 2011
When LGAs are created for settlers, what do you expect? undecided

Let this happen in the core north as well, if it has to happen in Plateau state, Nigeria.
Re: Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis by knightride: 10:49pm On Sep 28, 2011
I am not absolutely blaming Jang for the whole crises. But come to think of this, is it not obvious that Jang is also benefiting from this crisis?

How comes his nephew became the chairman of Jos North LGA when he is obviously from Jos south LGA?
The Gbong Gwom Jos is his cousin.
His latest deputy is an old friend and a classmate.
His recent appointment of his son as a special adviser also raises eyebrows.

I am not justifying the Hausas at all. Pasalli or whatever he calls himself has just displayed the animalistic way in which they reason to foment trouble.
We can all see a great display of his ignorance and stupidity in his fairy tale that he calls history. Is that kind of person fit for any public office at all
Anyway, its not his fault.

How can a stranger be claiming to belong to a community when he will never allow anyone to do so to him?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders / Bayelsa: INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For 2019 Governorship Election / JUST IN: Ihedioha In Trouble At Supreme Court Over Imo Guber Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.