Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,993 members, 7,859,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:45 PM

Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan (13815 Views)

What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . / Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test / Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari’s Comments Confirm Fraud In 2019 Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by DeTruthh: 3:37pm On Mar 24, 2023
Adeagbo77:

Be deceiving yourself. Prove ko "prover" ni. Se you no know say obi na pathological liar. He does not have any proof anywhere. Make una wait till the judgement day, what you no understand go dey clearer to you

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
So why are you bothered? You are the one deceiving yourself.

Tell your Thieffnubu to come back pls.
Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by samunaka: 4:09pm On Mar 24, 2023
chokekachy:

https://twitter.com/officialKolaO/status/1639191763972943872?t=INMB83UYuZWhCUVAndq7Kg&s=19

This metaphor was first coined by the PDP, go to court has suddenly becomes a toxic phrase because you are at the receiving end, I don't if there is any party in this country that can compete with the PDP in judicial recklessness,
Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by StJasper(m): 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2023
NaijaSumigan:

Dey play... What was written uncle... Too much grammar

Arguing with a dumb head like you is a waste of energy.
Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by IfnobeGod20: 11:43pm On Mar 24, 2023
StJasper:

You only gave a statement that upholds Labour party's defeat at the polls.

Let's look at it from another angle.

Labour party scored more than 99% of most ballots cast in many eastern state. APC even scored less than 1% in one eastern state.

You people focused all your attention and strategies on the southeast, expecting support from the south-south, 50% from the north central and substantial amount of votes from Lagos.

The only hope you guys had from the core north was from Kaduna south and other christians from the north.

In the north central, it was glaring that you people will never get anything tangible from Kwara, Kogi and Niger.

Northwest has 7 states, northeast has 6 states plus 3 states from the north central, it all amounts to 16 states.

Please note that I didn't include any Yoruba state in the calculation.

36 - 16 = 20

If you guys got 25% from each state in Yorubaland, then you only have 20 states in the kitty.

Please note that I removed tribal or ethnic colouration from my explanation.

With the above stated hypothesis, do you think your candidate stands any chance of being declared aa the winner of the presidential election?
You're making the presidential election look as if it is a mathematical equation but in essence it is not.
For your information, every reasonable party collate their own votes as the election progresses before the final announcement from the electoral umpire.
Till date PDP and LP has still saying it that LP votes in Lagos is 900,000 plus while APC got less than 200,000 but what was the results released by the umpire, 500 plus each for APC and LP. Same thing was said in Rivers state. By revelation as petitioned there are 21 states where votes suppression happened. I would advise you to go back and read the LP petition again and stop rely on the mathematical expression that you people had in mind, thinking it is impossible for LP to get votes in some areas.
Besides, you people always made it look as if it is today that our voting pattern has been by sectionalism, religiosity and ethnicity. Aside the 1999 election that has the resemblance of equal representation in this dispensation. In 2003, the north voted theirs in Buhari. In 2007, the north still voted theirs in Yar'adu. In 2011, the north still voted theirs in Buhari. In 2015 and 2019, the north still voted theirs in Buhari. Same was repeated in this 2023 in Tinubu and Atiku. If you look at it they are all muslims from 2003 till date. North always vote in the line of religion from time memorial, and that has been the pattern.
A Christian OBJ and GEJ were able to win the presidency because the southern Christians voted overwhelmingly for them while the northern muslims voted their own.
As you people just want us to believe as if it is a new thing that christians voted for Obi only.
This media trial won't save the day, let APC go to court and argue the case than all this grandstanding they are doing. LP have said, they suppressed their votes and they've joyfully listed those states.
Meanwhile, the south east you're people are talking about, when Peter Obi contested as a VP, PDP had almost 86% votes in Anambra. How much more when Peter Obi is the one contesting.
We should stop deceiving ourselves, Obi is love by his people and there is no other candidates that is as loved as him.
Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by StJasper(m): 12:50am On Mar 25, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

You're making the presidential election look as if it is a mathematical equation but in essence it is not.
For your information, every reasonable party collate their own votes as the election progresses before the final announcement from the electoral umpire.
Till date PDP and LP has still saying it that LP votes in Lagos is 900,000 plus while APC got less than 200,000 but what was the results released by the umpire, 500 plus each for APC and LP. Same thing was said in Rivers state. By revelation as petitioned there are 21 states where votes suppression happened. I would advise you to go back and read the LP petition again and stop rely on the mathematical expression that you people had in mind, thinking it is impossible for LP to get votes in some areas.
Besides, you people always made it look as if it is today that our voting pattern has been by sectionalism, religiosity and ethnicity. Aside the 1999 election that has the resemblance of equal representation in this dispensation. In 2003, the north voted theirs in Buhari. In 2007, the north still voted theirs in Yar'adu. In 2011, the north still voted theirs in Buhari. In 2015 and 2019, the north still voted theirs in Buhari. Same was repeated in this 2023 in Tinubu and Atiku. If you look at it they are all muslims from 2003 till date. North always vote in the line of religion from time memorial, and that has been the pattern.
A Christian OBJ and GEJ were able to win the presidency because the southern Christians voted overwhelmingly for them while the northern muslims voted their own.
As you people just want us to believe as if it is a new thing that christians voted for Obi only.
This media trial won't save the day, let APC go to court and argue the case than all this grandstanding they are doing. LP have said, they suppressed their votes and they've joyfully listed those states.
Meanwhile, the south east you're people are talking about, when Peter Obi contested as a VP, PDP had almost 86% votes in Anambra. How much more when Peter Obi is the one contesting.
We should stop deceiving ourselves, Obi is love by his people and there is no other candidates that is as loved as him.

I love your analysis but you got it wrong somehow.

The first Yoruba man to be voted for massively by the Igbos is Obasanjo. You guys voted for him massively while the Yorubas voted for Falae in 1999. Obasanjo only got support from the Yoruba race in 2003. You can't dispute this because facts don't lie.

Concerning the north, they have voted massively for a Christian presidential candidate before in the person of Goodluck Jonathan in 2011. You might want to tell me Buhari got 12m votes from the north, but you must remember to check what Jonathan got from the north too before saying anything.

The way things are in Nigeria, you can only become the president of this country if you are voted for massively by two out of the three major tribes in the country. This is the reason behind the fratricidal enmity between the Southwest and the southeast.

The argument on Labour party scoring over 900000 votes in Lagos state during the presidential election is a 0roduct of some people's imagination.. if you people believe the Igbos MUST vote for Peter Obi because he is of the same tribe with them, how on earth will you imagine the Yorubas to deny one of the brightest political stars in their political firmament the needed support in the presidential election?

There is a an in Yorubaland that says "omo eni ko ni se idi bebere, ki a fi ileke si idi omo elomiran".

The argument about vote suppression in Rivers state might fly but not in Ogun state or any other state in Yorubaland.

The results that came out from the southeast show that other presidential candidates' votes were not suppressed but were deleted. You people are like that proverbial drunken man who is dancing all night, forgetting the fact that the dawn will soon be upon him.

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by IfnobeGod20: 6:57am On Mar 25, 2023
omonnakoda:

Vote suppression is not mentioned in Obi's petition
Maybe I missed it but I don't believe it was mentioned
If mentioned it has to be proven not just hypothesis
Proven that it happened and what impact it has on outcome
That will be an uphill task to prove
That's why I said many of you don't really read the petition in details while some only rely on the junks that premium times first dished out.
Mr. Man, there is nothing uphill task to proof that votes were changed. Even PDP confirmed that votes were changed in favour of APC in many states. All they need doing is to submit or tender the results given and signed at the polling units during election, which is admissible in court and APC brings theirs too. The number of accreditation in BVAS has no much contention but mainly on votes distribution which were manipulated to favour APC by their dubious structure of criminality. From the petition it was written that 21 states had issue of votes suppression.
You can read here through this link attached:
https://www.nairaland.com/7623399/presidential-election-peter-obi-disputes.
Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by IfnobeGod20: 7:29am On Mar 25, 2023
[quote author=StJasper post=122041280][/quote]
It seems you don't even understand the message. I said it is not today that voting distribution has been by religion, ethnic bias and sectionalism and you're still repeating what I opined. Both OBJ and Olu Falae are both southern and christians, same with GEJ.
On the issue of GEJ, in 2011 Jonathan votes came from states with slightly christian population, that is, Adamawa, Gombe, Bauchi, Kaduna and the north central. It was only Jigawa that he got substantial amount of votes because of Governor Lamido that was strong then. The core north had been voting anything Muslim because records show it.
You can check the 2011 results here https://www.reuters.com/article/nigeria-elections-results-idAFLDE73G05B20110418.
Whether LP got 900,000 votes or not in Lagos that would be proven in the tribunal and not on the pages of papers or media.
Thank God you also attest to the fact that Igbo voted overwhelmingly for OBJ. Igbo had never voted for their own since 1999, even when their son they so loved contested. He was rejected by them, it was only Anambra that he won and didn't even win it convincingly then. This is the first time that Igbo will substantially rally round their own since 2003 that Igbo men and women have been coming out to be president, instead they vote more of outsiders. They did for OBJ. They did for Yar'adu. They did for Jonathan. They did for Atiku. In 2011, Jonathan got 98.96% votes in Anambra alone. How much more their son on the ballot?
If the opposition votes in the East were deleted, the tribunal afford them to raise the issue and claim back their votes. All lost grounds must be recovered by each party and let us see who and who really won the match and not by dubious way of their structure of criminality.
Meanwhile, I am also a Yoruba like you but I am an advocate of things be done in the right way. We cannot continue manipulating the system and still want the system to work for us. Nigeria has a country have suffered setback because we have refused to grow the system to outlive us but just want to manipulate everything and want to do it on our terms and conditions. Things don't grow like that.
Just I have said, every tribe and religion would always want to support theirs and that has been the pattern.

1 Like

Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by omonnakoda: 7:53am On Mar 25, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

That's why I said many of you don't really read the petition in details while some only rely on the junks that premium times first dished out.
Mr. Man, there is nothing uphill task to proof that votes were changed. Even PDP confirmed that votes were changed in favour of APC in many states. All they need doing is to submit or tender the results given and signed at the polling units during election, which is admissible in court and APC brings theirs too. The number of accreditation in BVAS has no much contention but mainly on votes distribution which were manipulated to favour APC by their dubious structure of criminality. From the petition it was written that 21 states had issue of votes suppression.
You can read here through this link attached:
https://www.nairaland.com/7623399/presidential-election-peter-obi-disputes.
Did you read what you quoted in detail?
If you did then you are clearly jobless
I said IF voter suppression was mentioned it has to be
And you are talking rubbish about something else?
Why should I read 80 pages of electoral petitions ?Obi then Atiku? I am not jobless
Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by Basic123: 9:32am On Mar 25, 2023
NaijaSumigan:

We shall see. You will see a movie beyond your believe. May 29th, a day full of many surprises.

You will be shocked that handing over won't take place. If the court does not decide on the case, there won't be handing over. APC game plan is for the court to keep postponing the case till after handing over, but the surprise you least expect will shock you.

Igbo people and chronic delusion from the days if from GEJ is our own president to Nnamdi Kanu their savour to saraki is our savour to TINUBU has been used and dumped to OBI is our saviour πŸ˜† to Tinubu will decamp to SDP to Tinubu will not be given ticket to Tinubu has been decimated to buhari is not supporting him to OBI will shock you to Tinubuvwill not be declared to Tinubu will not be sworn in .....to he will die before the end of his tenure to he wil not be reelected for 2nd term till he finishes his tenure lol πŸ˜†
Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by IfnobeGod20: 1:51am On Mar 26, 2023
omonnakoda:

Did you read what you quoted in detail?
If you did then you are clearly jobless
I said IF voter suppression was mentioned it has to be
And you are talking rubbish about something else?
Why should I read 80 pages of electoral petitions ?Obi then Atiku? I am not jobless
This is the problem I have with some of you, you don't assimilate what you read. I said "votes suppression" not 'voter suppression' as you insinuated. Read well before you comment.
Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by Kfed4ril(m): 11:18pm On Mar 26, 2023
Aufbauh:
People who are afraid to go to court for redress know either that they don't have a case to prove or because they themselves have compromised the court in time past.

Summarily they're either hunted by their inaccurate submission or the ghost of their former past.

There a Yoruba saying that says , when a thief tells you to go to court, just know his brother is the Judge.

This same court that affirmed lawan who never bought form or contested any primaries as the senatorial candidate.
The same court who affirmed lawan who had contested for presidential primaries and lost as the senatorial candidate of Bornu central.
But that Judgment they have broken then newly passed electoral law that say you can’t contest 2 primaries in an election circle.

If na you, you no go fear to go the court?
Re: Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan by Timblogga: 2:46pm On May 21, 2023
Spirit247:
In another News, marrying the Will of GOD ALMIGHTY to fulfill the Marital Destiny for which HE Created you is very important. The most important Reason why you need to marry the Will of your CREATOR is for Birthing Heavenly Assigned Children that HE wants to send to this World to Help Humanity Malachi 2:15, Hebrews 13:4 This is why Satan hates marriage with perfect hatred, that is why he is popularizing Homosexuality, Baby Mamaness, etc. I also see one of his Agents on NL Scaring and Cursing any Guy that wants to marry non-Virgin. What he doesn't tell People is that a true Bornagain non-Virgin Lady is better that a demonic Virgin that hates God. I know a guy that married a Virgin, yet this girl would wake my guy up in the mid night telling him to go and do Blood Money Ritual, saying she's tried of living in rented 3 Bedroom Flat and managing Life. After 2 Children, the girl that was married as a Virgin started fvcking around and my friend eventually died of Strange Hypertension.

This may be situation of someone here too.

Please, before it becomes too late for you, locate an MFM Church close to your place and quickly enroll for 3 Days Dry Fasting Deliverance Program for your Husband. You can be going from home daily for the 3 Days. I did same years ago even though I'm not a member of MFM Church. The very day I finished the Dry Fasting Program was the exact day that my unsuspected Step Mom, who I've not heard from for 11 Years since my Dad died, called me to confess that she's sorry for Preventing my Progress with Witchcraft, she seriously apologized and vowed that she has removed her hand from my case. That was the very month I got my first Contract in Abuja instead of Salary job where I have submitted CV for 3 long Years after graduating, while squatting with a friend that was already tired and on the brink of throwing me out.

The major Prayer you should focus on is saying:" My Husband(Name) the Son of so(mother) and so(father) Blood of JESUS wash away all your Sins, and Consuming Fire of the CREATOR of Humanity roast to ashes from your Life every Bewitchment Chains of indebtedness in JESUS' Pure Name!!!!!!! It is impossible for you to Pay this urgent Spiritual Price for your Husband and for him not to become a Multi-Millionaire soonest. He shall Prosper beyond your widest imagination, they attacked him because they saw his Glorious Destiny. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10. I Speak to you by Prophecy, it is left for you to Progress in Salvation SPIRIT or to continue to regress into being enslaved by Flesh. I wish you all the good you wish yourself in Life.
which church do you attend now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Affirms Garba Umar As Taraba Acting-Governor… / INEC Can’t Guarantee Conclusive Elections In 2019 –chairman / El-Rufai: Simultaneous Bombing Of Forest Can End Banditry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.