Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,114 members, 7,828,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. (1504 Views)

'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) / Omisore Campaigns In Adeleke’s Town, Receives Timi Of Ede’s Royal Blessings / Certificate Scandal: Police Keep Mum On Adeosun But Swiftly Probe Adeleke's Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by N3TRAL: 3:19pm On Mar 24, 2023
Let's face it, every genuine lover of Tinubu is happy with the decision of the Court of Appeal. The tribunal sitting at first instance used the BVAS to determine over-voting.

The main decision of the Court of Appeal that differs from the tribunal that entertained the matter at first instance is that:

There is no over-voting if total votes in a polling unit is lower than the voter's register even if it is higher than what the BVAS accredited.

The BVAS is secondary in proving over-voting, while the voters register is primary. That's the law according to the court of appeal.

In Law, Courts are binded by precedents. The Court of Appeal and those lower than the court of appeal will from now on use voter's register to determine over-voting.

All the synchronization of the BVAS and whatnot are irrelevant. Obi and Atiku have failed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by colorsofrainbow: 3:20pm On Mar 24, 2023
[/quote][quote author=N3TRAL post=122029657]Let's face it, every genuine lover of Tinubu is happy with the decision of the Court Appeal. The tribunal sitting at first instance used the BVAS to determine over-voting.

The main decision of the Court of Appeal the differs from the tribunal that entertained the matter at first instance is that:

There is no over-voting if total votes in a polling unit is lower than the voting register even if it is higher than what the BVAS accredited.

The BVAS is secondary in proving over-voting, while the voters register is primary. That's the law according to the court of appeal.

In Law, Courts are binded by precedents. The Court of Appeal and those lower than the court of appeal will from now on use voter's register to determine over-voting.

All the synchronization of the BVAS and what not are irrelevant. Obi and Atiku have failed.

Consolation from agbado urchins grin grin
Una wey been plan to laugh Adeleke don dey shift goalpost already.

Remember, Obi is coming.

But hey! Why thiefnubuu dey run from court now? grin grin grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by N3TRAL: 3:21pm On Mar 24, 2023
colorsofrainbow:

Consolation from agbado urchins

The lawyers representing Obi and Atiku must be currently depressed- facts.

I expected you to come up with a superior argument after reading the Ratio decidendi

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by NaijaRoyalty(m): 3:22pm On Mar 24, 2023
Dey console yourself

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by Femmyfamous4u(m): 3:23pm On Mar 24, 2023
N3TRAL:
Let's face it, every genuine lover of Tinubu is happy with the decision of the Court Appeal. The tribunal sitting at first instance used the BVAS to determine over-voting.

The main decision of the Court of Appeal that differs from the tribunal that entertained the matter at first instance is that:

There is no over-voting if total votes in a polling unit is lower than the voting register even if it is higher than what the BVAS accredited.

All the synchronization of the BVAS and what not are irrelevant. Obi and Atiku have failed.

Using Voter register is against the electoral act which makes accredited voters supersede voter register.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by mrvitalis(m): 3:24pm On Mar 24, 2023
N3TRAL:

The lawyers representing Obi and Atiku must be currently depressed- facts.

I expected you to come up with a superior argument after reading the Ratio decidendi
Obi lawyer is representing adeleke ...so relax oga

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by SHIVA001: 3:24pm On Mar 24, 2023
LIke For Oyetola, Share for Adeleke

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by Abdul05: 3:27pm On Mar 24, 2023
Obi and Atiku are big time failures..

No Nigerian is taken them serious except people from biafra land... grin grin grin

I prefer adeleke too, the man is performing wonder in osun state

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by N3TRAL: 3:29pm On Mar 24, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

Using Voter register is against the electoral act which makes accredited voters supersede voter register.

Lol. Voters register is fundamental and very substantial. Substantial compliance with the use of the voters register is expected by the court as against substantial compliance with the use of BVAS.

I've been quoting section 135 of the Electoral Act since day one. In the history of Presidential Elections Tribunal in Nigeria, the court has never ruled that the non-compliance with the electoral act was sufficient to cancel an election.

Section 135 of the Electoral Act provides to the effect that even if the Act is not totally complied with, the non-compliance shouldn't be substantial. By virtue of that section the results of the election cannot change even if INEC doesn't conduct the elections exactly as provided under the electoral act.

The big question is who decides whether the compliance of INEC was enough or not enough - The court.

It therefore follows that the decision of the court of Appeal in Adeleke's Case is that the possibility of failure of the BVAS makes it a less substantial criteria while the voters register is substantial.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by Deprofessional(m): 3:35pm On Mar 24, 2023
N3TRAL:

Lol. Voters register is fundamental and very substantial. Substantial compliance with the use of the voters register is expected by the court as against substantial compliance with the use of BVAS.

I've been quoting section 135 of the Electoral Act since day one. In the history of Presidential Elections Tribunal in Nigeria, the court has never rules that the non-compliance with the electoral act was sufficient to cancel an election.

Section 135 of the Electoral Act provides to the effect that even if the Act is not totally complied with, the non-compliance shouldn't be substantial. By virtue of that section the results of the election cannot change even if INEC doesn't conduct the elections exactly as provided under the electoral act.

The big question is who decides whether the compliance of INEC was enough or not enough - The court.

It therefore follows that the decision of the court of Appeal in Adeleke's Case is that the possibility of failure of the BVAS makes it a less substantial criteria while the voters register is substantial.

Tinubu has a drug case to answer.
Nigerian judiciary is in the eye of the world.

How can a drug offender be our president. Not now, not ever.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by N3TRAL: 3:38pm On Mar 24, 2023
Deprofessional:

Tinubu has a drug case to answer.
Nigerian judiciary is in the eye of the world.

How can a drug offender be our president. Not now, not ever.

Even if Tinubu was convicted (let's assume it wasn't a forfeiture but a conviction), the ground for petition would be struck out by the court.

The time frame which a person who was convicted cannot contest is within the first 10 years after his conviction or someone who is currently under sentencing. It's been more than 10 years since the forfeiture or whatnot.

The ground for petition is as useless as the P in psychology.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by famology(m): 3:58pm On Mar 24, 2023
N3TRAL:

Even if Tinubu was convicted (let's assume it wasn't a forfeiture but a conviction), the ground for petition would be struck out by the court.

The time frame which a person who was convicted cannot contest is within the first 10 years after his conviction or someone who is currently under sentencing. It's been more than 10 years since the forfeiture or whatnot.

The ground for petition is as useless as the P in psychology.

U dey give Dem wotowoto 🤣

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by N3TRAL: 4:01pm On Mar 24, 2023
famology:

U dey give Dem wotowoto 🤣

I mean. Everyday I come here to argue with people who have never touched a hard copy of the CFRN 1999 or the Electoral Act 2022.

It's depressing when you tell them the position of the Law and they show you what Chatgpt thinks 😂

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by KanwuliaExtra: 4:02pm On Mar 24, 2023
SEE MUMUS? cheesy
FFK or Kayemo, I don't know who is more cognitively-impaired.
Re: Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by famology(m): 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2023
N3TRAL:

I mean. Everyday I come here to argue with people who have never touched a hard copy of the CFRN 1999 or the Electoral Act 2022.

It's depressing when you tell them the position of the Law and they show you what Chatgpt thinks 😂

I have never seen any collection of dullards like these guys anywhere in my life aswear. Soon they'll start insulting judges after they lose in court.
Re: Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by N3TRAL: 4:08pm On Mar 24, 2023
famology:

I have never seen any collection of dullards like these guys anywhere in my life aswear. Soon they'll start insulting judges after they lose in court.

They have started insulting them already. Even my obidîot colleagues follow post pictures of the CJN on a Wheelchair at the airport as evidence of corruption. People who spent 6 years+ studying law ooo 😂

Imagine what the less educated of them are capable of believing.

Like WTF?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by famology(m): 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2023
N3TRAL:

They have started insulting them already. Even my obidîot colleagues follow post pictures of the CJN on a Wheelchair at the airport as evidence of corruption. People who spent 6 years+ studying law ooo 😂

Imagine what the less educated of them are capable of believing.

Like WTF?

Wetin person never see for Nigeria. I saw a group of young lawyers early this week calling for interim government in other to allow the case before the tribunal to be exhausted before anybody is sworn in. I felt like flogging their necks with cord. People can be so blinded by emotions to the point that their brains stop functioning. Chaiiii.......leaders of tomorrow 🤣
Re: Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by N3TRAL: 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2023
famology:

Wetin person never see for Nigeria. I saw a group of young lawyers early this week calling for interim government in other to allow the case before the tribunal to be exhausted before anybody is sworn in. I felt like flogging their necks with cord. People can be so blinded by emotions to the point that their brains stop functioning. Chaiiii.......leaders of tomorrow 🤣

The CFRN has laid down procedures which is through election petition. He who alleges must prove and every office holder returned by INEC remains constitutional except a competent court of law decides otherwise.
Re: Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by IgOga(m): 4:21pm On Mar 24, 2023
so now rigging is allowed. I see Wike smiling at his mirror grin grin grin

If this stands at the supreme court. Expect next presidential election result to produce "80 million votes"
Re: Tinubu Supporters Are Happy With The Decision In Adeleke's Case. by vastolord4(m): 4:47pm On Mar 24, 2023
grin
Adeleke will lose, he's victorious

Obi can only wail let him go to court, now the matter is in court

Since he lost, and th case is in court let the man be! But no.

If Rignubu as his name is currently understood as the president elect, he should be able to defend his Victory. Defence is a strong means of proving to people you did something and you merit it. You all went through school, or did you rig your way out of school?

(1) (Reply)

‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists / Ebola Tinubu, Niger People Are Wicked They Hid This Update During Campaign / Table Turns Against Fulani In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.