Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Unemployment In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment In Nigeria (21725 Views)

The Tech Craze: A Bubble, Not A Solution For Unemployment In Nigeria. / Man Fries Garri Wearing Suit To Protest High Level Of Unemployment In Nigeria / 10 Ways To Reduce Unemployment In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by IbeOkehie: 12:14pm On Mar 25, 2023
But Nigeria is full of opportunities!

Every problem in Nigeria is anopportunity for business and employment. There is zero opportunity in Western countries because there's fewer problems.

Go to Idumota, Computer Village, Ochanja Market or Abuja Malls and see boys packing money in trailers. I'm talking trailer loads of CASH MONEY, raw dollars. If you know, you know!

Nigeria is paradise! That is why we love ❤️ Nigeria. Anyone can make it here, and now that Bola Tinubu and APC are in charge it's going to get even better. Just watch...the vast improvements he accomplished in Lagos will be replicated in Nigeria as a whole.

We shall make it here because we are strong 💪.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by dfrost: 12:15pm On Mar 25, 2023
Angelfrost:

True... Once every state sorts out its power supply crisis, industrialization will take off fast from there.

There should be massive involvement and encouragement of youths to go into IT, agriculture, and other key crafts... There should sponsored training and better accessibility to micro loans.

Most definitely. That micro loans will go a long way to support SMEs.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Investorozay: 12:15pm On Mar 25, 2023
learn how to trade crypto and indices online.
join a prop program and raise capital
if your unemployed make sure u sha get one sellable skill in finance. it will keep u afloat and maybe make u rich too

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 12:15pm On Mar 25, 2023
Nwaotu10:
I'm fed up already. This year is my 6-year post-graduation, no meaningful employment.
I wan go learn Yahoo. If I get some bucks from yahoo, I will start a business that would guarantee my sustainability till old age.
Meaning you have been getting jobs but the pay is commensurate with your Bsc. What can you do?
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 12:16pm On Mar 25, 2023
Investorozay:
learn how to trade crypto and indices online.
join a prop program and raise capital
if your unemployed make sure u sha get one sellable skill in finance. it will keep u afloat and maybe make u rich too
join m y c r y p t o n g on telegram
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Bfly: 12:16pm On Mar 25, 2023
One of the problems arising now is that Nigeria Government are saying we don't pay enough tax.
So Pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 12:16pm On Mar 25, 2023
dfrost:

Most definitely. That micro loans will go a long way to support SMEs.
Check BOI website. Search for your location and apply. All the best
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by HellVictorinho7: 12:18pm On Mar 25, 2023
nurey:

1. It's not government job to provide you jobs rather government is supposed to provide enabling environment. Waiting for government is tantamount to failure.

2. Majority of youths in the 20th and upwards generation don't want to learn a trade, go to those during handiwork you rarely see them have work boys the youths don't want to get their hands dirty.

3. Many of us refuse to learn from our parents. My mother owns a shop and I served her 10years I have 10years experience in marketing and human relation, I can sell shit and feaces to anybody from what I have learned.

4. We blame everybody but ourselves, government no give me job, why are my parents poor, my school refused to give me necessary skills etc. Stop complaining go out there and fix ur poblem.

5. Unable to think out of the box. I don't take nonsense from any employer I am ready to resign if the working conditions aren't favourable because I learned 3 trades I can venture into, I can also use my handiwork to make a living.

6. Fear of the unknown. This has incapacitated many people, what if I fail, what if I loose well there is a saying "no risk, no reward" try to take risk and God willing even when you fail you have learned to do better again.

7 certificate. Many graduates think because they went to school they can't do a certain job, because people will.laugh at dem. My first million idea came from paupers who showed me a problem and I decided to abandon my certificates, got dirty and today it's a success story.

8. Not moving with the right crowd. Stop I want to go to unilag, and work with Chevron and start thinking about problems in your society and solution you can provide and cash out from.

There are others, the country is hard and inflation is biting hard, white collar jobs are diminishing but their are opportunities available all around us, find a problem in ur immediate environment and a cost effective solution and cashout.
stop using we
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by wink2015(m): 12:19pm On Mar 25, 2023
Ebierensima:
As a tired Nigerian youth, the issue of unemployment in Nigeria is not just a topic, but a harsh reality that affects my daily life.

Despite having a good education and skills, I struggle to find a job that matches my qualifications.

The high level of unemployment has left me and many other young Nigerians feeling hopeless and frustrated.

It seems like no matter how hard we try, the system is rigged against us, and opportunities are scarce.

The government's efforts to address the issue have been lacklustre at best, with policies and programs that have not produced tangible results.

It's time for the government to take real action and prioritise creating job opportunities for the youth.

Schools should change their academic curriculum to include more subjects in entrepreneurship so that in the event of not getting a job after spending years in school, one can still survive and make a living.

Until then, we will continue to be a generation stuck in a cycle of unemployment and poverty.

The intelligent way to go is to study for a degree in a university or polytechnic but create time to learn vocational careers in Baking, Tailoring, IT, Carpentry, Manicure and Pedicure, farming, etc

If a Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Philosophy can not earn one a job then face vocational skills.

Parents should not wait for government they should send their children to study for a vocational career while studying for a degree.

If the degree could not give you a job or a decent job then switch to vocational skills.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Greenfaces: 12:19pm On Mar 25, 2023
nurey:

1. It's not government job to provide you jobs rather government is supposed to provide enabling environment. Waiting for government is tantamount to failure.

2. Majority of youths in the 20th and upwards generation don't want to learn a trade, go to those during handiwork you rarely see them have work boys the youths don't want to get their hands dirty.

3. Many of us refuse to learn from our parents. My mother owns a shop and I served her 10years I have 10years experience in marketing and human relation, I can sell shit and feaces to anybody from what I have learned.

4. We blame everybody but ourselves, government no give me job, why are my parents poor, my school refused to give me necessary skills etc. Stop complaining go out there and fix ur poblem.

5. Unable to think out of the box. I don't take nonsense from any employer I am ready to resign if the working conditions aren't favourable because I learned 3 trades I can venture into, I can also use my handiwork to make a living.

6. Fear of the unknown. This has incapacitated many people, what if I fail, what if I loose well there is a saying "no risk, no reward" try to take risk and God willing even when you fail you have learned to do better again.

7 certificate. Many graduates think because they went to school they can't do a certain job, because people will.laugh at dem. My first million idea came from paupers who showed me a problem and I decided to abandon my certificates, got dirty and today it's a success story.

8. Not moving with the right crowd. Stop I want to go to unilag, and work with Chevron and start thinking about problems in your society and solution you can provide and cash out from.

There are others, the country is hard and inflation is biting hard, white collar jobs are diminishing but their are opportunities available all around us, find a problem in ur immediate environment and a cost effective solution and cashout.
When we are settled, we often think our struggling counterparts are lazy or uninterested.

7 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by HellVictorinho7: 12:20pm On Mar 25, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Every problem in Nigeria is anopportunity for business and employment. There is zero opportunity in Western countries because there's fewer problems.

Go to Idumota, Computer Village, Ochanja Market or Abuja Malls and see boys packing money in trailers. I'm talking trailer loads of CASH MONEY, raw dollars. If you know, you know!

Nigeria is paradise! That is why we love ❤️ Nigeria. Anyone can make it here, and now that Bola Tinubu and APC are in charge it's going to get even better. Just watch...the vast improvements he accomplished in Lagos will be replicated in Nigeria as a whole.

paradise ,dey play

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 12:21pm On Mar 25, 2023
IbeOkehie:

That's the reason the Chinese, Lebanese and Americans are coming here to make money. I was in a business meeting fee years ago and the white was happy he was in Nigeria, the other man asked why, he (white) said, I will not pay tax and enjoy the free resources

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by nurey(m): 12:22pm On Mar 25, 2023
Greenfaces:

When we are settled, we often think our struggling counterparts are lazy or uninterested.

On the contrary I don't think the op or other youths commenting are lazy never met them personally. But I know the norm

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 12:22pm On Mar 25, 2023
Greenfaces:

True
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 25, 2023
i was scammed by going to school my children will not go to school they will learn a skill

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by thisisit: 12:23pm On Mar 25, 2023
LAGOS IS PROVIDING AGBERO JOBS TO YOUTHS.

IDEALLY GOVT IS THE CHIEF DRIVER OF THE ECONOMY... WETHER GOVT POLICIES ARE WORKING OR NOT,OT IS IMPERATIVE FOR GOVT TO PROVIDE COMPULSORY SAFETY-NETS OR SOCIAL SECURITY TO THE UNEMPLOYED, VULNERABLE PERSONS & PERSONS-AT-RISK.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by nurey(m): 12:24pm On Mar 25, 2023
HellVictorinho7:
stop using we

I have to use "we" because not only op, myself including and many others
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by OVB123: 12:25pm On Mar 25, 2023
TeamXola:
It’s not easy to be honest
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by OVB123: 12:27pm On Mar 25, 2023
MetroLane:

Even if School teaches Everything in this world relating to Entrepreneurship.

As long as the current Nigerian Economic Policies continues, Majority of the Upcoming businesses will suffer.

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Nwaotu10(m): 12:28pm On Mar 25, 2023
QuinModah:
Meaning you have been getting jobs but the pay is commensurate with your Bsc. What can you do?
Yea. My remuneration is meager and regrettably does not commensurate with the level of education and expertise I possess.
Na 30k i dey collect. cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:29pm On Mar 25, 2023
nurey:

Posts like this boil my blood. The unemployment rate in Nigeria is at about 29% , it is about 3% in Canada.

Tell me something, you think that young Nigerians don't think outside the box but Canadians can?

As long as we have people like you that don't recognize we have a systemic problem, unemployment will only continue to increase

6 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by OVB123: 12:29pm On Mar 25, 2023
iHart:
You have a skill and you are looking for a job. Why not start a business with the skill?
It takes capital my dear to start a business.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by HellVictorinho7: 12:29pm On Mar 25, 2023
nurey:

I have to use "we" because not only op, myself including and many others
minus me
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:30pm On Mar 25, 2023
iHart:
You have a skill and you are looking for a job. Why not start a business with the skill?

Who will patronize that business when most Nigerians are broke?

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by HellVictorinho7: 12:31pm On Mar 25, 2023
GeneralShepherd:

Posts like this boil my blood. The unemployment rate in Nigeria is at about 29% , it is about 3% in Canada.

Tell me something, you think that young Nigerians don't think outside the box but Canadians can?

As long as we have people like you that don't recognize we have a systemic problem, unemployment will only continue to increase
his type are not new

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by ufotunang: 12:31pm On Mar 25, 2023
The solution for the government to create an conducive environment for bussinesses to strive... when bussinesses, companies are struggling in a harsh and bad Buhari economy...they cannot strive, excel, expand to create more jobs... when an economy is bad it cannot attract foreign investors to come and invest in the country and set up their bussinesses, companies which would had created more jobs for nigerians
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by HellVictorinho7: 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2023
GeneralShepherd:

Who will patronize that business when most Nigerians are broke?
e tire me
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by gloryman91: 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2023
May Allah provide better Jobs for everyone of us that our take home pay will be able to take us home in good mood.

Aamin.

Incoming Tinubu Shettima should please address this immediately taking over the mantle of leadership in Nigeria.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by shegzhkn: 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2023
I think the fact there is joblessness everywhere actually make sense if you look at the Nigerian economy - it paltry, offers fewer opportunities but look at her with more than 200M citizens, whatever you're gonna achieve or how far you can go is within the purview of your environment.
Now, I see a lot of people saying learn online skill, to apply where ? to work for companies in the western world? Like their own citizens are not highly skilled in the first place and yes their is only so much that could get you.
The only thing in play is to get back to basics and do things poor countries in the past have done to solve this problems - ROK did it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by naturefellow(m): 12:35pm On Mar 25, 2023
nurey:

valid points from a smart and obviously astute individual. But you have to understand that not every youth is like you, the realities of unemployment escalates by the day, that it numbs entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial spirit. See businesses packing up, see product quality and value shrivelling, on account of unfriendly business environment, inflation, taxes, lack of reliable power, thus affecting production.

The author is right, the system is rigged against you no matter how hard the honest Nigerian youth tries. No amount motivation changes that. And it's not a justification to be complacent or do the unlawful. Youths must be resilient. Give up, but get back up and retry. When there life, there's hope. With will, there's a way!
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:36pm On Mar 25, 2023
LikeAking:

Wrong!

They don't teach entrpenuership..

That's like a scam.

Nigerian youths should be encouraged to become entrepreneurs.

Also religious private schools like convenat and Madonna must change their negative academic system to allow their students hustle.

It's obvious such unis are the backbone of unemployment in Nigeria.

You hardly see religious P uni students engaging in entrepreneurship... U hardly see them on social media hustling like their go t uni peers.

The fact that someone is a man of God doesn't mean he is smart or wise..

Or always correct.

Just when I thought I had seen the worst take yet, you come out swinging with 'unis are the backbone of unemployment'

You fake hustlers peddle so much nonsense and give hope to Nigerian youth where there is none.

If your country is poor (which Nigeria is), and lack basic infrastructure like electricity, good road networks, security, and quality education, it's young cannot hustle it to prosperity without the right leaders.

Show me one country that when became rich just because here citizens hustled
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by BigDawsNet: 12:36pm On Mar 25, 2023
sirray001:
Tinubu will employ all of us into military feeding us with agbado and cassava. Employment will soon be thing of the past in Nigeria

Congratulations grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Job Hunts Today Hit 1100times I Have Been Applying For Jobs In Nigeria / 10 Things You Should Never Do In A Job Interview / Npower Site Reopening- All Previous Applications Remain Intact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.