Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day (12934 Views)

N-power Batch C2 To Commence Soon As Federal Government Spends Over ₦360bn / Masters Holder Working As Factory Worker In Pure Water Company / Free Info On How To Make At Least #4,000 Naira Daily Using Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Kingpele(m): 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2023
[quote author=seguntijan post=122096473]As at 2015 Lagos population was 15 millions, in 2022 it is around 23 millions. This is about 5 countries population from another angle. And the landmass is a little over 3000 square meter. The population density is outrageous and too much for a smallest state like Lagos. The infrastructure will quickly worn out, the pressure will be too much.

Every other states need to wake up, Lagos is carrying the burden of over 30 states in the country. If anything should ever happen to Lagos, then Nigeria is in trouble. Reason we can't give someone who never had a record of managing 100 people on a positive project to test run his capacity.

Unfortunately, only APC can still produce the Cheif Executive Officer of the state because they already have a structure that build the leadership capacity of the next successor of every current governor.

Lagos must not fail
Lagos must triumph
And Lagos remain a Yoruba Land.[ lagos is no man's land infact benin people came to lagos before yorubas but since yoruba are a major tribe in Nigeria..it is only normal they will grab it ...but I will never live in lagos for whatever reason..tinubu looted lagos to it's knees and still looting it through his private firm ..if lagos was modernised people will be going to work through train station and the roads will be less busy
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by ashewoboy(m): 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2023
Felimax:

Alimosho ke! Ordinary Ojodu Berger to Ikeja bus stop na die.

It is always a battle going and returning from work.

Na Lagos give me this wait at the bar and have some drinks till the traffic goes down and now that I am in Port Harcourt it has not been easy fighting such dirty habit.

Wahalacheesy.

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Stanbeto: 2:45pm On Mar 27, 2023
If you lived for 10years in Lagos, 2years out of the 10 years was in Traffic. Go and verify.

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Babysho(m): 2:59pm On Mar 27, 2023
nothingspoil70:
Another thread by Igbos to ridicule lagos
We know all your tricks

There is traffic in London, New York city, and all other megacities of the world.

If you don't like the traffic, stay in your village. No be by force.

C'mon that is unfair to these cities with planning. There are particular areas in NYC that has higher traffic because of tourists or shows etc and it's still not as bad as Lagos. Just understand that Lagos road network was not built for Lagosians to move around but for our natural resources to leave the shore faster.

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by IyaTola: 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2023
Yes especially if it is Lekki
Mrtaye:

Wooow really

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by IyaTola: 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2023
shocked
Jozibrainz99:

It is true.....

A lot of people have been working in some organizations for even close to 30years....
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by chysam: 3:38pm On Mar 27, 2023
Their mega city
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Mrtaye: 3:54pm On Mar 27, 2023
IyaTola:
Yes especially if it is Lekki
Hmm na wah ooo I was still in Alimosho yesterday,gowon estate probably because it was Sunday the road was quite free

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Whois(m): 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2023
grin no provoke children of the corn o. E no go end well

Cutehector:
This advise is for the Children of the Corn..

They love suffering too much.
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Cutehector(m): 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2023
Whois:
grin no provoke children of the corn o. E no go end well

taaa...people wey never baff.
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by GogetterMD(m): 4:38pm On Mar 27, 2023
[quote author=IyaTola post=122095089][/quote]

Those wey con dey drive nko and don't fancy podcasts and so on?

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by sulaak(m): 4:40pm On Mar 27, 2023
I recall working at the Nigeria Secretariat, Ikoyi as an intern in the mid-1980s; we usually left our house at Alaka Surulere between 5:30-6:00 AM daily to beat the traffic. I was doing extramural A-Levels at that time and would have to leave my place of work at 4:00 PM to get to my evening class at 6:30 PM three times a week over a period of two years.

It was terrible in the 1980s and yet 10 times worst today, the overpopulation is the reason why Lagos is struggling to cope.

Despite Lagos losing its FCT role to Abuja, the population has tripled from 5-7 million in the 80s to 20 million today, it is not sustainable, and Nigerians must accept that the internal legal migration must be controlled. Infrastructure Development (Port, Rail and Road ) in the SS and SE must be a priority as well as dry ports in North Central and Northern Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by bfn1: 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2023
IyaTola:
They wake up as early as 4:00am most especially if you reside in ALimosho axis
Now, I believe you're qualified to have put up that wonderful article.
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by segcymoor(m): 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2023
chccho:

Oga small small naa!! Are u saying u used more than 6hrs from ikeja to Ajah

It could be more on a good traffic period...
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Rubyjade: 5:45pm On Mar 27, 2023
sulaak:
I recall working at the Nigeria Secretariat, Ikoyi as an intern in the mid-1980s; we usually left our house at Alaka Surulere between 5:30-6:00 AM daily to beat the traffic. I was doing extramural A-Levels at that time and would have to leave my place of work at 4:00 PM to get to my evening class at 6:30 PM three times a week over a period of two years.

It was terrible in the 1980s and yet 10 times worst today, the overpopulation is the reason why Lagos is struggling to cope.

Despite Lagos losing its FCT role to Abuja, the population has tripled from 5-7 million in the 80s to 20 million today, it is not sustainable, and Nigerians must accept that the internal legal migration must be controlled. Infrastructure Development (Port, Rail and Road ) in the SS and SE must be priorities as well as dry ports in North Central and Northern Nigeria.
shocked
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by chccho(m): 6:06pm On Mar 27, 2023
segcymoor:

It could be more on a good traffic period...
Pls learn to read and digest properly!! Are u saying u agree that someone could travel from Ikeja to Ajah and be stuck in traffic for over 6hrs

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Bruno3000(m): 6:15pm On Mar 27, 2023
Aremwayne:
I can never work or live in Lagos, I wonder what people see in Lagos sef.
I'm thinking same o

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Lyfdiscvry91(f): 8:55pm On Mar 27, 2023
JayTripz:
Omooooo... Lagos traffic nor easy oo

We carry my sister go Airport Ikeja from Ajah....we greet her hug her Good bye to UK for studies....

Now she enter plane... Arrived in UK , settled down in her apartment....She come call us say she don arrived safely oooo

We here now....we come tell her say we still de traffic de go house to Ajah... Lagos mad

Just dey play ..

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Karlifate: 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2023
Aust1n:
4hr in traffic a day
20hr in traffic a week
80hr in traffic a month
960hr in traffic a year

Nawa oo.. na em make to make am for Lagos dey very difficult cos at the end we dey work inside traffic without pay.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Karlifate: 9:51pm On Mar 27, 2023
haabidah666:
that's why i will choose Abuja any time any day.

👌💯
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Karlifate: 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2023
Zezco:
Everyday people enter from different angle to add to the traffic,That's the reason we are saying some people should stay in their region to decongest Lagos but all they know is to chest beat that Lagos is no man land.

LMAO! 🤣🤣😂
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by unmask: 10:35pm On Mar 27, 2023
Isobug:
Create deap and well licenced Sea ports in other regions and watch the traffic decimate drastically.
Secondly, Site industries out of Residential areas
There are too many cars on Lagos road, hence the traffic.

Unfortunately the public transport system is also not robust enough.

And the population density of Lagos is too high

2 Likes

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by unmask: 10:43pm On Mar 27, 2023
All the other states, don't have the population that Lagos has or the vehicular traffic.

We need to be honest in our assessment

No other state faces the population crises that Lagos faces. Based on its size and number of vehicles, there is considerable strain on infrastructure.

Can things be done better? Definitely.

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by sulaak(m): 12:43am On Mar 28, 2023
Rubyjade:
shocked

Some of us are old school; Nigeria was a mess in the past and is still and mess today.

3 Likes

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by lavylilly: 6:45am On Mar 28, 2023
wink
unmask:
All the other states, don't have the population that Lagos has or the vehicular traffic.

We need to be honest in our assessment

No other state faces the population crises that Lagos faces. Based on its size and number of vehicles, there is considerable strain on infrastructure.

Can things be done better? Definitely.
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by lavylilly: 6:46am On Mar 28, 2023
chccho:

Pls learn to read and digest properly!! Are u saying u agree that someone could travel from Ikeja to Ajah and be stuck in traffic for over 6hrs
Yes na
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Lordatkinson: 8:24am On Mar 28, 2023
I remember the day I left UNILAG around 2pm and got to Agege 7:30 pm.
I was very pissed off with Lagos.
I was wondering how our parents were able to survive the stress and still lived above 70, 80 years.

I promised myself to move out of the state from that day of bad experience
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Rubyjade: 9:45am On Mar 28, 2023
Na t0 Japa na im remain so
sulaak:

Some of us are old school; Nigeria was a mess in the past and is still and mess today.
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by sulaak(m): 12:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
sulaak:

Rubyjade:
Na t0 Japa na im remain so

I left Nigeria as a teenager with O/L, A/L and two years of university education from UI. It was easy to work as a kitchen porter, cleaner and warehouse worker because I had no inhibition to dirty and hard work, and I was young, ambitious and educated. I shared a room with my younger brother and had no overhead except sending money to my mother and grandmother in Nigeria.

The situation in Western Europe is quite different; the cost of living is very high, their economies could be doing better, and your income will struggle to sustain a family even as a professional.

I will only advise educated single people under the age of 35 to Japa.

3 Likes

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by lavylilly: 1:22pm On Mar 28, 2023
sulaak:

I left Nigeria as a teenager with O/L, A/L and two years of university education from UI. It was easy to work as a kitchen porter, cleaner and warehouse worker because I had no inhibition to dirty and hard work, and I was young, ambitious and educated. I shared a room with my younger brother and had no overhead except sending money to my mother and grandmother in Nigeria.

The situation in Western Europe is quite different; the cost of living is very high, their economies could be doing better, and your income will struggle to sustain a family even as a professional.

Why?
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by IyaTola: 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2023
wink
bfn1:

Now, I believe you're qualified to have put up that wonderful article.
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Rubyjade: 7:33am On Mar 29, 2023
sulaak:

Nigeria is gone

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff / Nysc/nim Programme? / Urgent Vacancy In Usa, Canada, Germany, Japan And France.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.