Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day (12873 Views)

N-power Batch C2 To Commence Soon As Federal Government Spends Over ₦360bn / Masters Holder Working As Factory Worker In Pure Water Company / Free Info On How To Make At Least #4,000 Naira Daily Using Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by IyaTola: 12:42pm On Mar 27, 2023
nothingspoil70:
Another thread by Igbos to ridicule lagos
We know all your tricks

There is traffic in London, New York city, and all other megacities of the world.

If you don't like the traffic, stay in your village. No be by force.
Central London na die for traffic
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by IyaTola: 12:43pm On Mar 27, 2023
25 GINI, THIS IS A FALLACY
Jozibrainz99:
How some people wake up like 4a.m every morning to get to work on time amazes me. Some have been doing this for the past 25years.
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by IyaTola: 12:44pm On Mar 27, 2023
cry
SPAMBOX7:
No fucking cap.

Multiply that times 5. That's 20 hours a week. It will be more for those that also work weekends.

Now come multiply 20 times 52 (number of weeks in a year) you will get approximately 43 days. That's a month and thirteen days you spend in traffic in a year, as a Lagosian.

And that's just on average. Choke

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by IyaTola: 12:45pm On Mar 27, 2023
Acidosis:

After spending 6 hours in traffic, you will think you're the most hardworking man in the world.

6 hours that will fetch you a legitimate[b] N50,000 from WFH[/b].
How?

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by haabidah666: 12:47pm On Mar 27, 2023
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Harrynight(m): 12:51pm On Mar 27, 2023
Realistically 40% spend that 4hrs daily

Cos 35% or more spend about 5-6hrs daily

(those living outside Ikeja/Island but working there would leave house by 6am or before and get to office by 8. When closing by 5 or 6 will definitely get home by 9 or 10pm approximately spending 5-6hrs on the road daily.

Lagos is one crazy city to live and work.

4 Likes

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by tellwisdom: 12:54pm On Mar 27, 2023
10000% correct. This is applicable to car owners. But those without cars spend 6hours fruitlessly on the road
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 27, 2023
That’s true. And to tell you the Lagos Tinubu built. I Laughed. I remembered back then on my wedding day, I spent almost 6hours inside traffic, imagined going back home from Ikoyi to ogombo, Lekki peninsula scheme 11. I almost faint, baba can’t make love to his wife, I just jejely do one round. And slept.

I don’t know what my tribe Yoruba’s are turning to nowadays, are we not a most accommodating tribe in Nigeria again?
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by FireUpNow(m): 1:10pm On Mar 27, 2023
Not healthy at all

4 Likes

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Rubyjade: 1:12pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mayorofodemu:
That’s true. And to tell you the Lagos Tinubu built. I Laughed. I remembered back then on my wedding day, I spent almost 6hours inside traffic, imagined going back home from Ikoyi to ogombo, Lekki peninsula scheme 11. I almost faint, baba can’t make love to his wife, I just jejely do one round. And slept.

I don’t know what my tribe Yoruba’s are turning to nowadays, are we not a most accommodating tribe in Nigeria again?
This could be attributed to the reason women in the axis cheat, because truth is, after spending hrs in traffic you will be useless at night
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Serviceweb: 1:21pm On Mar 27, 2023
JayTripz:
Omooooo... Lagos traffic nor easy oo

We carry my sister go Airport Ikeja from Ajah....we greet her hug her Good bye to UK for studies....

Now she enter plane... Arrived in UK , settled down in her apartment....She come call us say she don arrived safely oooo

We here now....we come tell her say we still de traffic de go house to Ajah... Lagos mad

Traffic movie pro max!!!!
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Everlastingson: 1:21pm On Mar 27, 2023
seguntijan:
As at 2015 Lagos population was 15 millions, in 2022 it is around 23 millions. This is about 5 countries population from another angle. And the landmass is a little over 3000 square meter. The population density is outrageous and too much for a smallest state like Lagos. The infrastructure will quickly worn out, the pressure will be too much.

Every other states need to wake up, Lagos is carrying the burden of over 30 states in the country. If anything should ever happen to Lagos, then Nigeria is in trouble. Reason we can't give someone who never had a record of managing 100 people on a positive project to test run his capacity.

Unfortunately, only APC can still produce the Cheif Executive Officer of the state because they already have a structure that build the leadership capacity of the next successor of every current governor.

Lagos must not fail
Lagos must triumph
And Lagos remain a Yoruba Land.

Your foolishness has been compounded. Do not be called a compound fool.

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 27, 2023
IyaTola:
25 GINI, THIS IS A FALLACY

It is true.....

A lot of people have been working in some organizations for even close to 30years....

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Everlastingson: 1:27pm On Mar 27, 2023
Isobug:
Create deap and well licenced Sea ports in other regions and watch the traffic decimate drastically.
Secondly, Site industries out of Residential areas

They know what to do but wickedness won't let them. They don't want to decongest Lagos to avoid losing revenue . Evil people. Tell me a country as big as Nigeria in this world where their sea ports are concentrated in one location. This is the type of Lagos some fools say their drug master built.

3 Likes

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by rollywise(m): 1:27pm On Mar 27, 2023
Their Lagos 😂😆😂
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Zezco(m): 1:27pm On Mar 27, 2023
Everyday people enter from different angle to add to the traffic,That's the reason we are saying some people should stay in their region to decongest Lagos but all they know is to chest beat that Lagos is no man land.
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by ceejayluv(m): 1:28pm On Mar 27, 2023
Millions of Man hours wasted daily...
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Lemmy123(m): 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2023
Lagos? God forbid abeg... Between Ibeju Lekki and CMS or Oshodi, (that's quite some distance though) but you'll spend nothing less than 6-7 hours.

Honestly I don't like to live in Lagos even though I was born and bred there

2 Likes

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2023
Rubyjade:
This could be attributed to the reason women in the axis cheat, because truth is, after spending hrs in traffic you will be useless at night
Exactly, been on the road since 4.21pm and reach home like 10.45pm, I was tired and even vomited while on the road.

Truth be told, exactly as you viewed it. You can’t be so exhausted when getting home and still expecting to perform your duties, is not possible. This is how many home marriages failed, cos of one them can’t keep up. Money is important to keep up your family, you have to work no matter what, and if you can’t another issues would set in.

2 Likes

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Golan007: 1:32pm On Mar 27, 2023
Tetrahedron:
And this is the same lagos that Tinubu has milked dry through the mentally unstable houseboy at the helm.
Touts are having a field day!!
Sad
Very sad

Mumu.

He should clear the ramshackle your family live in to create more roads for his limousine.
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Golan007: 1:34pm On Mar 27, 2023
Everlastingson:

Your foolishness has been compounded. Do not be called a compound fool.

You are a bastard.

I said so.

Monkey 🐒.
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by starstaz(m): 1:43pm On Mar 27, 2023
Any differences btw iyatola and iyaelebe cos their threads always look similar.
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by MrWondah(m): 1:45pm On Mar 27, 2023
JayTripz:

We carry my sister go Airport Ikeja from Ajah....we greet her hug her Good bye to UK for studies....

Now she enter plane... Arrived in UK , settled down in her apartment....She come call us say she don arrived safely oooo

We here now....we come tell her say we still de traffic de go house to Ajah... Lagos mad
So you are saying you spent over 7 hours in traffic from Aiken’s to Ajax?

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Coldie(m): 1:49pm On Mar 27, 2023
JayTripz:

Stop to lie abeg, what u said is a big lie.

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by happney65: 1:49pm On Mar 27, 2023
SmartPolician:
The only way the traffic madness in Lagos can go down is to decentralise development in Nigeria. Nigeria is terribly plan.

Only God knows how terrible Lagos traffic would have been if Babangida hadn't moved the capital of Nigeria to Abuja.

In other words, almost everyone living in Abuja today would have been struggling for space in Lagos which is even the smallest state in the country.

It was the Gideon orkah coup of 1990 that made Babaginda rush to Abuja as Lagos was already overcrowded and less safe..
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by chccho(m): 2:01pm On Mar 27, 2023
IyaTola:
Why? You dey forbid enjoyment or better life, Na bariga u wan die put?
When dem say make una go school, na bet9ja shop una dey go, now simple English u can't read and comprehend. If only u took your time to follow the thread carefully u would have better understood my quote.
U just fly come from that your Bariga with no brake come mention me.
Take time o!!
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by chccho(m): 2:02pm On Mar 27, 2023
IyaTola:
Have you experience the ajah traffic?
Go and learn to comprehend before you respond
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Babysho(m): 2:14pm On Mar 27, 2023
Cutehector:
This advise is for the Children of the Corn..

They love suffering too much.
😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Rubyjade: 2:16pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mayorofodemu:
Exactly, been on the road since 4.21pm and reach home like 10.45pm, I was tired and even vomited while on the road.

Truth be told, exactly as you viewed it. You can’t be so exhausted when getting home and still expecting to perform your duties, is not possible. This is how many home marriages failed, cos of one them can’t keep up. Money is important to keep up your family, you have to work no matter what, and if you can’t another issues would set in.
I recall a family friend was leaving home 4:00am and comes home till about 10:55pm, he never grew up with son. One day, he came home early and sat in the parlour when he over heard the son asking who is the uncle in the parlour. He resigned the following month despite the huge pay and benefits.

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Rubyjade: 2:18pm On Mar 27, 2023
It was based on security reason, they argued that it is easily susceptible to attack, throw the water unlike Abuja, this was before drone came to the picture
happney65:

It was the Gideon orkah coup of 1990 that made Babaginda rush to Abuja as Lagos was already overcrowded and less safe..

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Mrtaye: 2:22pm On Mar 27, 2023
IyaTola:
They wake up as early as 4:00am most especially if you reside in ALimosho axis
Wooow really

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Cromagnon: 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2023
Buy bicycle or Okada

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nim/nysc June 2007 Result Out, Induction On Jan 31st @ Unilag / Is This Genuine Or Fake Interview Nairalanders? / Police Recruitment: Kaduna, Adamawa, Borno Lead, Anambra, Ebonyi, Abia, Trail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.