Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day (12936 Views)

N-power Batch C2 To Commence Soon As Federal Government Spends Over ₦360bn / Masters Holder Working As Factory Worker In Pure Water Company / Free Info On How To Make At Least #4,000 Naira Daily Using Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Naijaepic: 8:51am On Mar 30, 2023
Do you lived in Lagos?

Though it may not necessarily be the order of the day to spent upto hours in traffic, but on some occasions, it can happen.

Let me give you an instant from memories, the year is around 2002/2003, on that faithful day, closing for Lectures at FCET, Akoka, around 3pm, head to Jibowu/fadeyi bustop, on getting there, there is heavy standstill traffic inward from Surulere and extend towards Onipanu. After standing and pursuing all coming bus in spite of those filled up with normal Lagos face of people hanging, I decide to move to the next bustop, and from next bustop on the next until I get to Anthony, Maryland, ikeja, but in all this, the main express road, all feeders Road was in total lock down, the causes or the source of that traffic jam no one can explain,

There's some days in Lagos, someone will spent upto 6/7 hours in transit.

chccho:

Pls learn to read and digest properly!! Are u saying u agree that someone could travel from Ikeja to Ajah and be stuck in traffic for over 6hrs

1 Like

Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by Naijaepic: 8:56am On Mar 30, 2023
I had similar experience around 2003, I got home around 10pm (trek all the way from fadeyi/jibowu to mangoro)

Lordatkinson:
I remember the day I left UNILAG around 2pm and got to Agege 7:30 pm.
I was very pissed off with Lagos.
I was wondering how our parents were able to survive the stress and still lived above 70, 80 years.

I promised myself to move out of the state from that day of bad experience
Re: An Average Worker In Lagos Spends At Least 4 Hours In Traffic Every Day by IyaTola: 6:00am On Apr 05, 2023
shocked
Naijaepic:
Do you lived in Lagos?

Though it may not necessarily be the order of the day to spent upto hours in traffic, but on some occasions, it can happen.

Let me give you an instant from memories, the year is around 2002/2003, on that faithful day, closing for Lectures at FCET, Akoka, around 3pm, head to Jibowu/fadeyi bustop, on getting there, there is heavy standstill traffic inward from Surulere and extend towards Onipanu. After standing and pursuing all coming bus in spite of those filled up with normal Lagos face of people hanging, I decide to move to the next bustop, and from next bustop on the next until I get to Anthony, Maryland, ikeja, but in all this, the main express road, all feeders Road was in total lock down, the causes or the source of that traffic jam no one can explain,

There's some days in Lagos, someone will spent upto 6/7 hours in transit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nysc/nim Programme? / Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff / Urgent Vacancy In Usa, Canada, Germany, Japan And France.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.