Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? (13324 Views)

Mercy Johnson And Funke Akindele On Set Of New Movie / Nkem Owoh And Funke Akindele In Primary School Uniforms For Movie Role / Hilda Dokubo Spotted On Set With Eucharia Anunobi & Funke Akindele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by danteweb: 8:47am On Sep 19, 2011
I have been following progress on Tunde Kelani's new film Maami and from the things i see it looks like this film is trying to revolutionalize nollywood. is it just me?
Also the team up of Tunde Kelani and Funke Akindele has been a very anticipated combo for a while. But when is the film coming out?

more pictures at:
http://www.facebook.com/TundeKelaniMainframe?sk=app_166503236764919
http://www.mainframemovies.tv

[img]http://www.mainframemovies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/MAAMi-Poster_webres.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.mainframemovies.tv/wp-content/gallery/maami-behind-the-scenes/action.jpg[/img]

[img]http://findingnollywood.files./2010/10/img_1120.jpg?w=500&h=375[/img]

[img]http://findingnollywood.files./2010/10/dsc_0192.jpg?w=500&h=332[/img]

[img]http://www.mainframemovies.tv/wp-content/gallery/maami-behind-the-scenes/tunde-kelani-director-directs-sarafa-abagun-cameraman.jpg[/img] this camera is monster for those who know it

[img]http://findingnollywood.files./2010/10/dsc_0146.jpg?w=500&h=332[/img]  is that Uncle TK climbing?
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by aljharem3: 6:00pm On Sep 20, 2011
this is what we are talking about

real movies by mainframe. there movies always make sense

all this rubbish nollywood can learn one or two from this mainframe people

can't wait to see it cheesy
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by JUO(m): 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2011
if you advertise this camera too much it will get missing. so be warned
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by r231(m): 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2011
Nice
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by paraphase(m): 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2011
if you advertise this camera too much it will get missing. so be warned
Damn OhBoy You Funny O grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by seedord247(m): 6:33pm On Sep 20, 2011
Nice One From Mainframe.

they always lead
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by SisiKill1: 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2011
Tunde Kelani. . . the BEST MOVIE DIRECTOR and CINEMATOGRAPHER in Nigeria hands down

Gosh!! I love his movies, looking forward to this one kiss kiss kiss
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by ronkebp(f): 6:35pm On Sep 20, 2011
I have to watch this movie!!! love Funke Akindele!!!!
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by oobim(m): 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2011
now,dis is what we talkn about!not those low budget bu, l s$it we see on africa magic.i dont watch them anywyas
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by Orikinla(m): 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2011
thank you for this news.

TK is a genius.
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by richardoz(m): 6:57pm On Sep 20, 2011
I love T.k for this.
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by okadaman2: 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2011
Tunde Kelani raises the bar everytime. With just a few films in a decade, he shows that quality trumps stupid quantity.

If Nollywood can have 2 or 3 more Mainframe studios, the competition will definitely reduce the low grade nonsense they currently turn out. At least Nigerians will have more choices.

Quality over quantity <-- they need to learn that in Nollywood.
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by SisiKill1: 7:09pm On Sep 20, 2011
okada_man:

Tunde Kelani raises the bar everytime. With just a few films in a decade, he shows that quality trumps silly quantity.

If Nollywood can have 2 or 3 more Mainframe studios, the competition will definitely reduce the low grade nonsense they currently turn out. At least Nigerians will have more choices.

Quality over quantity <-- they need to learn that in Nollywood.

Abso-freaking-lutely!!!!
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by mitofag: 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2011
Ibos can learn one or two things from our very own 'shon of the shoil," Monsieur Tunde Kelani
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by mitofag: 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Tunde Kelani. . . the BEST MOVIE DIRECTOR and CINEMATOGRAPHER in Nigeria hands down

Gosh!! I love his movies, looking forward to this one kiss kiss kiss

What about Tade Ogidan?

1 Like

Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by femmy2010(m): 7:24pm On Sep 20, 2011
Tunde Kelani's MAINFRAME is always dishing it out big.
I think they do just one movie a year or two but always a bomb.

Looking forward to this new one.

Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by nasoeb: 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2011
Whats so special about T.K or mainframe.

This looks Yorubaish and very very local. And ofcourse will be fill with so much noise like, GBATI GBATI,, AAHH EMI KURKUR, EMI FUNMI, AHHH MA EFUA
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by lagcity(m): 7:29pm On Sep 20, 2011
another classic. can't wait to see it. if quality is what matters in Nigeria, Kelani would be a billionaire today.
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by lagcity(m): 7:31pm On Sep 20, 2011
nasoeb:

This looks Yorubaish and very very local. And ofcourse will be fill with so much noise like, GBATI GBATI,, AAHH EMI KURKUR, EMI FUNMI, AHHH MA EFUA

forget the pettiness, this guy is the best. period! yorubaish or not.
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by mitofag: 7:31pm On Sep 20, 2011
nasoeb:

This looks Yorubaish and very very local. And ofcourse will be fill with so much noise like, GBATI GBATI,,  AAHH EMI KURKUR, EMI FUNMI, AHHH MA EFUA

You will agree with me that it is at least better than trying too hard to speak in fake American accent that neither Nigerians nor Americans could understand.
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by nasoeb: 7:32pm On Sep 20, 2011
I will advise anybody buying Yoruba movie to disconnect their speakers and just watch the lips move and imagine what they say OR else get ready to buy new set of speakers.

see their actors so dirty with fat tribal mark and stinky mouth making loud noises that makes you wonder if your appliance has problem

the worst is their music.

The last time a yoruba guy played it in my car, i had to buy new set of speaker, the damn noise destroyed it.

and how they understand or even enjoy the Rubbish is questioning
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 20, 2011
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 20, 2011
nasoeb:

I will advise anybody buying Yoruba movie to disconnect their speakers and just watch the lips move and imagine what they say OR else get ready to buy new set of speakers.

see their actors so dirty with fat tribal mark and stinky mouth making loud noises that makes you wonder if your appliance has problem

The last time a yoruba guy played it in my car, i had to buy new set of speaker, the damn noise destroyed it.

Crawl back into the hole u came from you half baked nitwit!
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by SisiKill1: 7:36pm On Sep 20, 2011
mitofag:

What about Tade Ogidan?
He's good too but he like to make Action Movies and I just don't think we have "gotten there" yet with action movies.

I did enjoy Madam Dearest and Saving Alero, I also enjoyed the OGD all Stars songs. . .especially [b]"Aye le". [/b]There was a time, that song was on repeat on my ipod and that was also the one and only time Noah Ramsey. . .Ramsey Noah or whatever the fcck his name is looked appealing to me.

Lemme even see if I can find the song on youtube.
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by SisiKill1: 7:37pm On Sep 20, 2011
nasoeb:

Dude isn't that typical of all Nollywood movies?
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by Freesia(f): 7:38pm On Sep 20, 2011
Yay can't wait to watch this one,I'm a big fan of Mainframe & Miss Funke
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by lagcity(m): 7:41pm On Sep 20, 2011
engineerd:

Crawl back into the hole u came from you half baked nitwit!

abeg let's ignore the ediot, he's just looking for attention
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by nasoeb: 7:41pm On Sep 20, 2011
stop wasting important time for  better issues.

You open thread to glorify noise making and local movie.

You people should stop disgracing us. just imagine the background of the disgusting yet to come movie, imagine how dirty and local it is. and the op had  the effrontery to put up such pics to show the world
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by nasoeb: 7:45pm On Sep 20, 2011
hey dude Lagcity or engineerd, you are what you call others and i will IGNORE YOU ALL

i have every right to say what i want.
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by fexlist(m): 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2011
hmnmn i am waitin for it o mainframe!
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by divalishis: 7:48pm On Sep 20, 2011
Who can forget Saworoide (Arapa and arese) and Magun (Uche Obi Osotule, BTW RIP to the man who played headmaster). Those films were the bomb. They should make more movies like these jare. Clean and classy. . .

Adebayo Faleti had me cracking up in Saworoide, playing the sleepy old man. . . .

Mainframe pictures, go on soun! You're seriously mouthed!!!
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 20, 2011
nasoeb:

hey dude Lagcity or engineerd, you are what you call others and i will IGNORE YOU ALL

i have every right to say what i want.

By all means!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Watch: Paranoia Short Film / I Need Websites For Downloading Nigerian Movies / Nigerian's Own Cartoon Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.