Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? (13318 Views)

Mercy Johnson And Funke Akindele On Set Of New Movie / Nkem Owoh And Funke Akindele In Primary School Uniforms For Movie Role / Hilda Dokubo Spotted On Set With Eucharia Anunobi & Funke Akindele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by SisiKill1: 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2011
I'm having a what the hell was I thinking moment right now. . .why on earth did I think Ramesey Noah. . .Noah Ramsey or whatever the fcck his name is was appealing? I musta been drunk on cranberry juice or I was very young or I was drunk on cranberry juice AND I was very young. . .Yes, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Anyway, here are the two versions of the song

Aye le ( I Loooooooooove this song)
[flash=420,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTjCiDsSb5k?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

The Dance Version (Kai! Thank God for Autotune)
[flash=420,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2d72Jg9rtk?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

Oh one more thing. . .I just remembered why I was in love with RMD before he killed the quiver by wearing dungarees and face cap. . .I don't think I'll ever forgive that.  angry
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by danteweb: 8:07pm On Sep 20, 2011
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by nasoeb: 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2011
yes ooooo my brother because we speak the truth. just one of a kind

how u dey
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by MMM2(m): 8:15pm On Sep 20, 2011
cool
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by tlops(m): 8:29pm On Sep 20, 2011
Incorporated in 1992 produced 17 films, average of 1 classic movie/year.
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by semid4lyfe(m): 8:33pm On Sep 20, 2011
Tunde Kelani is head and shoulders above his colleagues and is a movie maker in a class of his own in Nigeria.

In fact, I attribute Kunle Afolayan's recent successes with his own movies to his "apprenticeship" with TK.

However, I've got my reservations about Funke Akindele cos I'm not convinced she's a good actress but maybe with TK directing her. . .who knows?

Looking forward to this one but meanwhile make e nor wack like that hin Campus Queen movie o grin
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by temiiii(m): 8:45pm On Sep 20, 2011
mehn, this camera is killing, anyone who knows the worth of a good camera will know that this movie will be d bomb in terms of quality, thumbs up uncle TK, you are the best naija has ever produced
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by Lilnikee(m): 9:03pm On Sep 20, 2011
Hope say the movie go make sense?
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by femmy2010(m): 9:08pm On Sep 20, 2011
Lilnikee:

Hope say the movie go make sense?

Check out their past productions and one would have no other choice but long for more.
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by emzyzoz(m): 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2011
Its gonna be interesting movie.Can't wait to watch it.
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by moshoodn(m): 10:09pm On Sep 20, 2011
Besides mainframe movies, the last time i watched a nollywood movie was in 2000 when i left sec school.
Nollywood is crap. . . Mainframe is the only one worth their onions. . . At least for now.
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by PAPAMODE(m): 10:10pm On Sep 20, 2011
@Nasoeb
nasoeb:

Whats so special about T.K or mainframe.

This looks Yorubaish and very very local. And ofcourse will be fill with so much noise like, GBATI GBATI,,  AAHH EMI KURKUR, EMI FUNMI, AHHH MA EFUA

Obviously you typify the adage 'ignorance is no excuse under the law'. Did you ever see the movie 'Thunderbolt (Maagun)' or the HIV-themed 'Yellow Card'? Both were done in English, infact TK was chosen the South African cast/themed 'Yellow Card'.

The settings do not the movie make. Westerns from US use more rustic settings and why pretend that people do not live in such settings. From Abeokuta to Ibadan to Bida to Ogoja to Ikom to Obudu to Aba to PH to Warri (all places I have been to) - those rustic settings are common. Infact just besides SPDC Edjeba estate is a similar setting (they share the same fence.

So get a life and get educated.
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by nasoeb: 10:15pm On Sep 20, 2011
did you say educated?

i laf in boko haram

laf wan make me slap you

obviously I IGNORE YOU
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by Freesia(f): 10:16pm On Sep 20, 2011
I'm just trying to think of a good "English speaking Nollywood" director. It looks like some Actors/Actresses talents are seriously going to waste at the rate they are producing movies today
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by teemon: 10:36pm On Sep 20, 2011
Uncle Tk is nigerian's best movie producer as far as am concern o!
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by Kunbee: 10:52pm On Sep 20, 2011
Cant wait
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 20, 2011
Now this is what I call class! Studios like Mainframe know that their name connotes quality and 'best among peers'. That is why they don't mind releasing just one movie in four years.

We all see the result when that 1 movie comes out.  Not the hundreds of poor quality crap that Nollywood turns out monthly nowadays. They have so raised the bar that seeing Tunde Kelani's name on a Nigerian movie automatically means I will buy it. They have earned that privilege.
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 20, 2011
Cant wait! Funmi Akindele is a very funny and talented actress but her story is shitty I couldn't watch Jenifa half way, but with Kelani as director. . . . .I just cant wait
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by danteweb: 11:57pm On Sep 20, 2011
Uncle TK apparently trying to eliminate shadows! from a shot

[flash=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1T2JHIMqkc&feature=player_embedded[/flash]
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by xtophy(m): 12:39am On Sep 21, 2011
please, is it true dat dis film featured d emirate stadium of arsenal
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by Jenifa1: 12:42am On Sep 21, 2011
can't wait
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by mitofag: 12:51am On Sep 21, 2011
^^^

You understand Yoruba?
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by itiswell1(m): 6:47am On Sep 21, 2011
Nice one. Waiting patiently.
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by juman(m): 10:33am On Sep 21, 2011
it is well:

Nice one. Waiting patiently.

Yeah
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by brainpulse: 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2011
nasoeb:

stop wasting important time for  better issues.

You open thread to glorify noise making and local movie.

You people should stop disgracing us. just imagine the background of the disgusting yet to come movie, imagine how dirty and local it is. and the op had  the effrontery to put up such pics to show the world

THAT IS WHY NOLLYWOOD MOVIES ARE 3 FOR N50 NOW IN THE MARKET, WITHOUT NO TANGIBLE LESSON TO LEARN.

I DONT WATCH IT ANYWAYS INSTEAD I LISTEN TO NEWS.
IS THE BACKGROUND NOT A REFLECTION OF A TYPICAL NIGERIA STATE, EVEN THE EAST IS FAR WORST. IT SHOWS THE NATURALISM IN THE FILM INSTEAD OF ACTORS TRYING TO BRAKE THEIR TEETH WHEN TRYING TO SPEAK "INGILISH"

1 Like

Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by ajekpaks(m): 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2011
Oh Boy Na The Camera I dey Look, The RED, Currently the Baddtest in the Camera Market, , shocked shocked shocked shocked

Sorry ehem you say the film wetin do am?

Na another crap abeg, grin grin grin
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by chynwaa(f): 3:09pm On Sep 21, 2011
Whats so special about T.K or mainframe.

This looks Yorubaish and very very local. And ofcourse will be fill with so much noise like, GBATI GBATI,,  AAHH EMI KURKUR, EMI FUNMI, AHHH MA EFUA

[size=8pt][/size]

grin cheesy angry wink cool  BEniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by fadhill: 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2011
chynwaa , [size=14pt]kin ni wo mo. Eniti o niru eni kii moyi eni[/size].
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by danteweb: 7:05pm On Sep 21, 2011
@chynwaa, what do you mean 'yorubaish' , are you insinuating that its a sin to be Yoruba or what? If im Yoruba, why would i want to look American-ISH or british or Igbo-ish?

It is people like you that lack a sense of identity and a decent value system. We abuse our leaders and blame them for all our problems, yet its these same us that look down on ourselves, have total disbelief in our existence, consider our culture 'local' and instead want to be like people we are not.

Tunde Kelani is a world class filmaker, and if we even take a look at the bigger picture, it becomes clear how he has worked with our 'local' culture and taken it to the highest level of professionalism possible such that even the international community want to know what he's talking about in his movies.

Why don't you get a life!
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by danteweb: 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2011
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by olagamalin(m): 8:32pm On Sep 26, 2011
clearly, Chynwaa is clueless
Re: Will Kelani's New Film Maami With Funke Akindele Be A Revolution In Nollywood? by olagamalin(m): 8:34pm On Sep 26, 2011
clearly, Chynwaa is clueless

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Websites For Downloading Nigerian Movies / Nigerian's Own Cartoon Network / Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.