Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,847 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland (91349 Views)

FG Charges Miyetti Allah Leader With ‘unlawful Creation Of Ethnic Militia’ / Sanwo-Olu Announces Total Ban Of Okada In 6 Local Government / Total Ban On Okada In Lagos Takes Effect In Two Months - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Go Down)

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Golan007: 2:08pm On Mar 28, 2023
CallmeTrinity:

Nice one ban the following accounts for a start
LeoDeKing omenka Helinues Shortigboman Moh247 FreeStuffsNG yarimo okoroawusa Yamiriflathead seunmsg

You no add my name?
angry
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Oboto700(m): 2:08pm On Mar 28, 2023
socialmediaman:
Seun get rid of that ethnic champion of a mod who bans some people but allows others to use ethnic slurs. I've seen people use ethnic slurs on me but since I can't engage in such lows, I report them, only to see them trolling me and others right after.

What I expected from this announcement was a feature that makes it possible for the users of the platform to checkmate the mods and report when they're not doing their jobs. How will you know that they're carrying out their duties as instructed if there's no feedback loop that comes back to you?
you are taking it too serious Bros
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by freeman67: 2:08pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have noticed the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names by a small but persistent group of political actors and trolls.

This practice of derogatory name-calling adds no value to the forum. It's bad for our mental health, our harmony as a community, and the reputation of Nairaland. It's simply toxic. It's absence and the absence of the people who use those slurs will not be missed.

Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland. The antispam bot will also contribute to the effort. Please report any case that you see.

- Seun Osewa, Founder of Nairaland

Way to go Seun... Nice one.!
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by ogkrakkid(m): 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2023
Thrash.😒😎
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by helinues: 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2023
Golan007:

You no add my name?
angry

grin

Bro you wicked oo

The jittery losers

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by IrawoKross: 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2023
Fira09:
If you still keep biased Mynd.44 as a super mod, this rule will be taken for granted.

A person from his tribe, infact his religion threwed abusive remarks on me then I retaliated, in seconds this mod banned me and ignored the one who share same views with his.
That's Mynd44 for you.

Seun, will it take you another decade before you notice this too?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by kaywhy09(m): 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2023
Some sections will be quite boring now
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by iskin11: 2:10pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have noticed the use of ethnic slurs and other derogatory names by a small but persistent group of political actors and trolls.

This practice of derogatory name-calling adds no value to the forum. It's bad for our mental health, our harmony as a community, and the reputation of Nairaland. It's simply toxic. It's absence and the absence of the people who use those slurs will not be missed.

Therefore I have decided to ban the practice entirely. I have instructed dominique, mukina2, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 to ban anyone who uses an ethnic slur or derogatory name on Nairaland. The antispam bot will also contribute to the effort. Please report any case that you see.

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Throwback: 2:10pm On Mar 28, 2023
SmartPolician:

You are one of the ethnic championships on this forum.

I am one of those who are proud to be Yoruba, and would not take any nonsense from those who do not want my tribe's progress.

Other than that, I am a very rational and objective debater.

I hate emotions especially when they emanate from hypocrisy.

The question you and I should be asking is, why did someone finally wake up from his slumber.

This measure was already necessary since 2013.

But I will gift you or anyone $500 if you can find any post where I used a tribal slur on any one.

Note that this measure from Seun is only about tribal slurs and not about tribal bigotry.

I always call Igbo as Igbo, Hausa as Hausa, or Fulani as Fulani, APC as APC, PDP as PDP, Tinubu as Tinubu, Atiku as Atiku, Obi as Obi.

I never corrupt the name of any tribe or any person.

That is for kids who have no substance to discuss to pass on their tribal or partisan point of view.

I have an encyclopedia of history to put forward to make my point, my own condemnation of anyone is from factual history, not slurs.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Golan007: 2:10pm On Mar 28, 2023
helinues:

grin

Bro you wicked oo

The jittery losers

No mind them.

grin

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by zainkay: 2:12pm On Mar 28, 2023
You wan enforce ethnic slur ban, you go put mynnd among the moderators grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by LeeSmart: 2:12pm On Mar 28, 2023
Hmm oga seun make i deviate small oo. Just under 1hr after dis ur post, comment don reach page 11 nd counting. U sure say no be bot de comment so?

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by haffaze777(m): 2:14pm On Mar 28, 2023
So I won't be able to pepper those people again?so bad.

2 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by Fira09(m): 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
haffaze777:
So I won't be able to pepper those people again?so bad.
So bad?

Imagine!
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by YaksonFCA(m): 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
commendable
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by ojex004: 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We don hear you bro, but if ellu p people refuse to laid down thr swords, we won't either. Make all of us dey craze dey go. They forced us into it and it's now we are ready to give it fire for fire.
If Dem talk say them mama Na witch, our mama too Na witch.
If them say thr papa Na wizard, our papa too Na wizard.
If Dem get devil for the compound, we get am fully for our community. I hate nonsense
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by MadmanObi(m): 2:16pm On Mar 28, 2023
We no go gree oooo
We no go gree

Nzogbu nzogbu
We no go gree
Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by 5iine: 2:16pm On Mar 28, 2023
Dear seun,

Please give a user the power to block someone from quoting his or her post.

Give a user power to block a user.

1 Like

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by mariahAngel(f): 2:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
HydraFeeds:
lalasticlala is Igbo ,should he be removed because his views will be biased against the Yorubas ?

Going by how Lalasticlala does his job, you will hardly know where his from.
I only got to know the day Seun mentioned it.

4 Likes

Re: A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland by haffaze777(m): 2:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
Fira09:

So bad?

Imagine!

Make I lie? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27)

Meet Aisha Yesufu's Husband Aliu, And Children (Pictures) / President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs / Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.