Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Should I resign or continue? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I resign or continue? (19700 Views)

Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? / Resign Or I Sack You - Female Director To PA For Denying Her Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I resign or continue? by Gagox86: 4:31pm On Apr 03, 2023
Save 8k and manage 4k for every month.
Guys dey see shege, 4k for one month
Baba God I thank you.

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 4:32pm On Apr 03, 2023
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by chidiebere2020(m): 4:33pm On Apr 03, 2023
Maybe ur still under parents care
If not

Is not possible to manage 4k a month

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by Tboymessiah(m): 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2023
Na osun state government be dat
Re: Should I resign or continue? by Isabi4lov: 4:45pm On Apr 03, 2023
Dem don run all of una street

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by Emeka71(m): 4:49pm On Apr 03, 2023
Your choice.
Re: Should I resign or continue? by Frezhkid10(m): 4:52pm On Apr 03, 2023
Omo as I see this OP 4k per month ehhnn…e shock me…funny enough as I am reading his story..I just finished a meal of 5k..that means I have spent his allocation for a month!!!! shocked shocked..
For crying out loud..minimum wage is 30k in Nigeria!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by OhiOfIhima: 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2023
PerfectMan24:
Guy I need to learn ur magic on how to manage 4k per month.
E no go work I swear... 4k naw 4days I go manage if I get some food stuff available
Re: Should I resign or continue? by LegendaryArnold(m): 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2023
yaseer111:
Good morning all

Firstly, i am a student in one reputable state university in this country. So, there is this cleaning company I've been working with for more than 3years now which sustained me. as a street sweeper and student i usually woke up as early as 5am to go to work sweep and clean my lot before 7am and return to prepare for school.

But about 3months ago the state Governor decided to end their contact and bring another company to handle the job. We were lucky part of the contract is that they'd still work with us.

So the new company came in we're very happy that they even increased our salary to 15k per month instead of 12k that we were being paid before. Infact, they also employed more cleaners since they got additional lot.

Sadly, it has been 3month now we're working with this new company but they never paid us a dime and we are about to resume school new session and I have not save anything for registration as I usually do saved 8k every month and manage 4k.

What do you think we shall do

Shall we report then to public complains office or
Stage a protest to government house since the state Governor once said in a radio station that he paid the money.

Omo 12 or 15k monthly small gan oh you dey try abeg... that being said, explore other channels of hustle, omo of you dey sell even cloth for your school environs, you suppose make pass that 15k time 2. Just try and look for an alternative before resigning sha... bless up

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2023
yaseer111:
Good morning all

Firstly, i am a student in one reputable state university in this country. So, there is this cleaning company I've been working with for more than 3years now which sustained me. as a street sweeper and student i usually woke up as early as 5am to go to work sweep and clean my lot before 7am and return to prepare for school.

But about 3months ago the state Governor decided to end their contact and bring another company to handle the job. We were lucky part of the contract is that they'd still work with us.

So the new company came in we're very happy that they even increased our salary to 15k per month instead of 12k that we were being paid before. Infact, they also employed more cleaners since they got additional lot.

Sadly, it has been 3month now we're working with this new company but they never paid us a dime and we are about to resume school new session and I have not save anything for registration as I usually do saved 8k every month and manage 4k.

Stage a protest to government house since the state Governor once said in a radio station that he paid the money.

Don't Resign
Continue working but be on the serious search for another job.
Also commit the matter to God in prayer .

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by Karleb(m): 5:06pm On Apr 03, 2023
EriMma1:
Go to human rights office at Ikeja and lay your complain. They should be able to help out.

Nigeria! 15k for a whole month. What people earn per hour abroad ( UK). Yet they still can't pay.

May God punish the people that crippled this country.

The Nigeria of today is designed to make the average poor and the poor poorer.

Wetin 15k won buy? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I resign or continue? by olaniyilukman(m): 5:12pm On Apr 03, 2023
EriMma1:
Go to human rights office at Ikeja and lay your complain. They should be able to help out.

Nigeria! 15k for a whole month. What people earn per hour abroad ( UK). Yet they still can't pay.

15k or am I reading upside down, Nigerians employers are damn wicked, how feasible is 15k to sustain human per month

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I resign or continue? by princetom1(m): 5:17pm On Apr 03, 2023
EriMma1:

They pay minimum of 30k, somebody else is diverting those salaries for themselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I resign or continue? by akube34: 5:37pm On Apr 03, 2023
yaseer111:
Good morning all

I don’t understand. Indulge me, how do you survive with 4k a month
Re: Should I resign or continue? by Brownshoe: 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2023
Resign and continue.
Re: Should I resign or continue? by Darkgini: 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2023
Whatsapp me on 08062096689. Let me follow it up for you.

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by Elistho(m): 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2023
Why does this sound unreal? undecided
Re: Should I resign or continue? by lereinter(m): 6:21pm On Apr 03, 2023
3 yrs as street sweeper and an undergraduate

Wow wow wow

Nawa O

Try find another hustle that the experience is worthwhile, profitable and skillful to invest on

If dis story is confirmed one you deserve giveaway

2 Likes

Re: Should I resign or continue? by alamin0506(m): 6:34pm On Apr 03, 2023
Continue, You will be paid in due course, Contracts are awarded with little or no initial payment. Some companies are stable enough to handle their daily/monthly expenses pending when they're paid arrears, while others like yours can't handle such.

It's a matter of time, You will be paid in full.

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by Oparasunny125(m): 6:53pm On Apr 03, 2023
mentor56:
finally first to comment.
Still you no comment anything
Re: Should I resign or continue? by wunmi590(m): 6:57pm On Apr 03, 2023
EriMma1:

I've said it several times that nobody should believe in Nigeria, because even we the citizens are wicked to ourselves..
Re: Should I resign or continue? by EriMma1: 7:00pm On Apr 03, 2023
wunmi590:

I've said it several times that nobody should believe in Nigeria, because even we the citizens are wicked to ourselves..

I'm telling you bro. Imagine, someone said they pay up to30k but some people cut it down to 15k. That's very bad. Even the 30k no still reach. Tufia!

2 Likes

Re: Should I resign or continue? by EriMma1: 7:01pm On Apr 03, 2023
princetom1:

They pay minimum of 30k, somebody else is diverting those salaries for themselves

That's wickedness. So pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 7:21pm On Apr 03, 2023
chiboycue:

You could write to the Company highlighting the sufferings you all are going through due to failure of the Company to pay the three months salaries and also appealing to the Company to do the needful by paying your 3 months salaries. You could also copy the Governor in the letter and send a copy of that letter to the Governor for his information. All the affected staff should append their signatures. Please make sure that you make two copies of the letter so that the management of the company
and the Secretary of the Governor could acknowledge receipt of the letters.
As if you're present at our meeting we'd today , this is exactly what we all agreed on infact tomorrow we going distribute the letters to those places. Thank you for your wonderful advice

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by scantee(m): 7:25pm On Apr 03, 2023
LordFriar:
Wait.. You mean you spend 4k per month? Tf? 4k no dey last me pass two days chief..

Omo you need you a better gig abeg

4k keh

The guy is trying shaa, i doubt 4k can stay up to an hour with Me

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 7:27pm On Apr 03, 2023
alamin0506:
Continue, You will be paid in due course, Contracts are awarded with little or no initial payment. Some companies are stable enough to handle their daily/monthly expenses pending when they're paid arrears, while others like yours can't handle such.

It's a matter of time, You will be paid in full.
well you are right but acually our worries is that the governor said he paid them infact the other company that were contracted together have already paid their staff last month
Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 7:30pm On Apr 03, 2023
lereinter:

3 yrs as street sweeper and an undergraduate

Wow wow wow

Nawa O

Try find another hustle that the experience is worthwhile, profitable and skillful to invest on

If dis story is confirmed one you deserve giveaway
is 3months sir not year
Re: Should I resign or continue? by IamAsiri: 7:57pm On Apr 03, 2023
princetom1:

Where?
Re: Should I resign or continue? by litaninja(m): 8:01pm On Apr 03, 2023
If you've been working 3 months without being paid, then there's simply no reason to pay you because its apparent you don't NEED to be paid to work. So why should they pay you?

yaseer111:
Good morning all

Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 8:09pm On Apr 03, 2023
akube34:
I don’t understand. Indulge me, how do you survive with 4k a month
using it for photocopies n petty things I am living off campus our house is very close to the school so I eat at home before going out and after
Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 8:21pm On Apr 03, 2023
IblivinJesus:
Don't Resign
Continue working but be on the serious search for another job.
Also commit the matter to God in prayer .
thanks sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Skye Bank Sacks 50 Workers / Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) / “one Year Ago, I Disgraced My Friends & Family On National Tv" - Nigerian Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.