Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Should I resign or continue? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I resign or continue? (19720 Views)

Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? / Resign Or I Sack You - Female Director To PA For Denying Her Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I resign or continue? by olaniyilukman(m): 5:12am On Apr 05, 2023
yaseer111:
plenty things Oga people have level
This Yaseer or what is your name, you must be part of the system that is holding this country back, pray that all your children including your family should be earning 15k per month
Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 5:14am On Apr 05, 2023
olaniyilukman:
Pls stay off my post.... God forbid bad thing.... I am a business man and none of my employees earn below #30000
you can't understand

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 5:16am On Apr 05, 2023
olaniyilukman:
This Yaseer or what is your name, you must be part of the system that is holding this country back, pray that all your children including your family should be earning 15k per month
how? The owner of the company is
Re: Should I resign or continue? by olaniyilukman(m): 5:19am On Apr 05, 2023
IblivinJesus:
Don't Resign
Continue working but be on the serious search for another job.
Also commit the matter to God in prayer .
Which one is commit matter on God, is God not aware of wickedness in Nigeria, my brother your future is in your hand, leave that inhumane degrading job and look for a better opportunity else where and if you don't mind where exactly do you reside, state and local government maybe I can be of help in that regard

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by olaniyilukman(m): 5:22am On Apr 05, 2023
yaseer111:
you don't get me, i am under my parents so the 15k is just my upkeep and our location differ
Alright my dear, I got your point and I wish every thing good in life, please always value your self esteem and don't do things that don't please you ...
Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 5:44am On Apr 05, 2023
olaniyilukman:
Alright my dear, I got your point and I wish every thing good in life, please always value your self esteem and don't do things that don't please you ...
Amen thank you Sir. the work doesn't take me 1hr to finish always
Re: Should I resign or continue? by IamAsiri: 6:53am On Apr 05, 2023
yaseer111:
not osun, its far north

No wonder the pay is extremely low. Are you a Northerner? If yes, can you go and request for your money? If you can, please go and do so. It's either they have fixed your money to pay later or they don't intend paying at all.
Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 7:04am On Apr 05, 2023
olaniyilukman:
Which one is commit matter on God, is God not aware of wickedness in Nigeria, my brother your future is in your hand, leave that inhumane degrading job and look for a better opportunity else where and if you don't mind where exactly do you reside, state and local government maybe I can be of help in that regard
I sent you a mail sir

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by EriMma1: 7:04am On Apr 05, 2023
yaseer111:
we're going today as we have realized that their wickedness pass Monday

They've still not settled you people? Serious.

Hope you have your employers contact because you'll be asked to provide their number. That's what they will use to put a call through to summon them.
Re: Should I resign or continue? by olaniyilukman(m): 7:15am On Apr 05, 2023
yaseer111:
I sent you a mail sir
I have mailed you back....
Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 8:04am On Apr 05, 2023
EriMma1:

They've still not settled you people? Serious.

Hope you have your employers contact because you'll be asked to provide their number. That's what they will use to put a call through to summon them.
yes, we their contact
Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 8:11am On Apr 05, 2023
olaniyilukman:
I replied you
Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 8:12am On Apr 05, 2023
olaniyilukman:
just saw this and I mailed you sir
Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 8:23am On Apr 05, 2023
olaniyilukman:
I saw only one mail
Re: Should I resign or continue? by Frezhkid10(m): 10:53am On Apr 05, 2023
yaseer111:
we're not on same level sir I am just upcoming hustler
Yes I understand..am angry at the give for not enforcing the 30k minimum wage…if not for your story..I won’t ever believe people are being paid less than 30k in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 11:46am On Apr 05, 2023
Frezhkid10:

Yes I understand..am angry at the give for not enforcing the 30k minimum wage…if not for your story..I won’t ever believe people are being paid less than 30k in Nigeria..
even the previous 18k minimum many places still not enforce. Actually the work doesn't take me more than one hour to finish.
Re: Should I resign or continue? by Frezhkid10(m): 12:49pm On Apr 05, 2023
yaseer111:
even the previous 18k minimum many places still not enforce. Actually the work doesn't take me more than one hour to finish.
Ooo…okay except that…then it’s a fair payment then..

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 12:56pm On Apr 05, 2023
Frezhkid10:

Ooo…okay except that…then it’s a fair payment then..
aha you get it
Re: Should I resign or continue? by bigl: 5:34pm On Apr 06, 2023
yaseer111:
Good morning all

Firstly, i am a student in one reputable state university in this country. So, there is this cleaning company I've been working with for more than 3years now which sustained me. as a street sweeper and student i usually woke up as early as 5am to go to work sweep and clean my lot before 7am and return to prepare for school.

But about 3months ago the state Governor decided to end their contact and bring another company to handle the job. We were lucky part of the contract is that they'd still work with us.

So the new company came in we're very happy that they even increased our salary to 15k per month instead of 12k that we were being paid before. Infact, they also employed more cleaners since they got additional lot.

Sadly, it has been 3month now we're working with this new company but they never paid us a dime and we are about to resume school new session and I have not save anything for registration as I usually do saved 8k every month and manage 4k.

What do you think we shall do

Shall we report then to public complains office or
Stage a protest to government house since the state Governor once said in a radio station that he paid the money.

I'll advise u get another job ... cos reporting might not end well ...

You're a student and i'm assuming you're still young ... why not suffer small while looking for a job or acquiring a skill that can fetch u more money than 15k?

Cos even 20k is tiny amount to live on

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 8:44pm On Apr 06, 2023
bigl:

I'll advise u get another job ... cos reporting might not end well ...

You're a student and i'm assuming you're still young ... why not suffer small while looking for a job or acquiring a skill that can fetch u more money than 15k?

Cos even 20k is tiny amount to live on
you're right

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 06, 2023
olaniyilukman:
God over everything.
Oluwa over everything.
Even if op has trillions in his account he still needs to acknowledge God.

If you can help him with something to do fine but he still needs to acknowledge God.
God knows the situation of things in Nigeria.
Everything happens for a reason.

We are going to suffer for a while but las las men go smile. Remember how Joseph and Job suffer las Las dey cash out.

No dull.
Baba must settle men

Modified
@yaseer ,never 4get God .despite all the financial support i had, I almost became a drop out, thanks to God who made it possible that I graduated .
If na by money I for graduate with two first class result at a stretch.
olaniyilukman, Hear wetin God talk below

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 7:14pm On Apr 07, 2023
bigl:

Thats hard skill and its good buuuuut....

U should equally invest in soft skills: learn something about media, IT, etc ... They are not as hard as u may think and pay well ....
of course you're and I'm glad for this piece of advice

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 12:01pm On Apr 08, 2023
olaniyilukman:
Hello sir,
Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 8:55am On Apr 10, 2023
olaniyilukman:
Good morning sir I mailed you
Re: Should I resign or continue? by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 04, 2023
yaseer111:
Good morning all

Firstly, i am a student in one reputable state university in this country. So, there is this cleaning company I've been working with for more than 3years now which sustained me. as a street sweeper and student i usually woke up as early as 5am to go to work sweep and clean my lot before 7am and return to prepare for school.

But about 3months ago the state Governor decided to end their contact and bring another company to handle the job. We were lucky part of the contract is that they'd still work with us.

So the new company came in we're very happy that they even increased our salary to 15k per month instead of 12k that we were being paid before. Infact, they also employed more cleaners since they got additional lot.

Sadly, it has been 3month now we're working with this new company but they never paid us a dime and we are about to resume school new session and I have not save anything for registration as I usually do saved 8k every month and manage 4k.

What do you think we shall do

Shall we report then to public complains office or
Stage a protest to government house since the state Governor once said in a radio station that he paid the money.

Quote me with your account details and delete it after i Acknowledged.

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 04, 2023
yaseer111:
okay Sir alhamdulillah

Edit the details when Quoting

Thanks a lot sir

Is okay

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 7:10pm On May 09, 2023
lereinter:

3 yrs as street sweeper and an undergraduate

Wow wow wow

Nawa O

Try find another hustle that the experience is worthwhile, profitable and skillful to invest on

If dis story is confirmed one you deserve giveaway
uptill today they have not paid us a dime.
Re: Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2023
olaniyilukman:
Pls stay off my post.... God forbid bad thing.... I am a business man and none of my employees earn below #30000
when are you sending sir?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“one Year Ago, I Disgraced My Friends & Family On National Tv" - Nigerian Lawyer / The Problems With Learning A Handwork. / Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.