Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,304 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

World Economy In Photos - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / World Economy In Photos (1584 Views)

Coup Aftermath Leaves Niger Republic Economy In Tatters / One Third Of World Economy Expected To Be In Recession In 2023, Says IMF Chief / Russian Economy In ‘shock’ Over Western Sanctions, Says Kremlin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 4:20pm On Mar 29, 2023
I lost access to my previous accounts. This is my last thread on Nairaland.
I'm on Echo Nigeria.

"India was richer than China in 1990. Now in 2019, China is almost 4.61 times richer than India in nominal method and 2.30 times richer in ppp method."

1 Like

Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 4:23pm On Mar 29, 2023
Population of India in 2021: 1.408 billion
Population of China in 2021: 1.412 billion
No significant difference in population figures.

GDP of India 2021: 3.176 trillion USD
GDP of China 2021: 17.73 trillion USD
Very huge difference...massive difference.

India and China are the two most populated countries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2023
India overtakes UK to become 5th largest economy. (2022).
Homework for you: what was the population of the UK in 2021/22?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2023
BidenDTrounced:
Population of India in 2021: 1.408 billion
Population of China in 2021: 1.412 billion
No significant difference in population figures.

GDP of India 2021: 3.176 trillion USD
GDP of China 2021: 17.73 trillion USD
Very huge difference...massive difference.

India and China are the two most populated countries.

GDP of India 2022: $11.851 trillion
GDP of China 2022: $18.321 trillion
As of now, there still isn't any significant difference in population numbers.

Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2023
BidenDTrounced:

GDP of India 2022: $11.851 trillion
GDP of China 2022: $18.321 trillion
As of now, there still isn't any significant difference in population numbers.
India: 'Democracy' grin
China: Better Economy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 4:35pm On Mar 29, 2023
"Though Nigeria is ranked top on GDP, South Africa is a far more developed country than Nigeria, with good infrastructure and banks, and a diverse and sophisticated economy." That's true.

Nigeria is significantly more populated than South Africa.

What was the GDP of Nigeria in 2021?
Population?
What was the GDP of South Africa in 2021?
Population?
Repeat the same thing for 2022.

Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2023
This protests will cost more than Macron thinks he'll save by raising the retirement age. What I find funny is...the West is cutting costs/budget in critical sectors and neglecting the wellbeing of it's citizens to fund it's proxy war against Russia meanwhile, Russia isn't cutting cost in civil engineering, healthcare, education, infrastructure development and continues to progress while the West is in decline.

The number of homeless westerners who are unable to find affordable housing continues to increase. Americans have no affordable healthcare, the indigenous people of North America have no clean drinking water etc.

"We are building our economy in such a way that we do not allow excessive militarization, As for all our plans for [the development of] civil engineering, healthcare, education, infrastructure development, we are not cutting anything. Nothing! And they [the West] will have to cut spending"
President Putin.

The intended effects of Western actions against Russia are now seen on its own soil: rampant inflation, energy shortages, the threat of de-industrialization and financial instability

The End.

1 Like

Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2023
BidenDTrounced:

India: 'Democracy' grin
China: Better Economy
In addition to this, China shares a border with India. You get what I'm trying to say here? grin

Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2023
Welcome to Canada folks grin

Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 5:19pm On Mar 29, 2023
BidenDTrounced:
Welcome to Canada folks grin
Oh, and Ontario's minister of education is a well known pro slavery advocate.

This is a good time for this grin
obedience4:

Lol. You pick just two of my post, go check my post history and see that at least five of my post had made front page, and many of my post have commenters. grin
I don't wanna brag but ain't a lot of people here on nairaland that can rival my vast knowledge on international politics,
I have face off with the best of the Best. I don't even know you.. Keep growing son,and expanding your horizon.
For now got bigger fishes to Fry..

pansophist:

Your vast knowledge lol.

You come off as someone that is heavily propagandized, like a photocopy of every CNN journalist, and with no independent mind. You write ideologically, and your stance can be summed up in one four words, ''west good, others evil''.

The day I see you write about the evils of western imperialism, be neutral in arguments, and write with an independent mind, then I can see you as knowledgeable. Until then, keep hallucinating.

And oh, nairaland is not known as a place that congregates vast numbers of intellectuals. Anyone that is fluent (not have sense, just fluent) can easily pass as intellectual here, but go to a place like Reddit, quora, then send a link to your handle, and let true intellectuals knock you off your high horse.

As the old saying, in the land of the blind, the on-eye man is the king. You de nairaland de form Bruce Lee grin

Re: World Economy In Photos by obedience4(m): 6:06pm On Mar 29, 2023
BidenDTrounced:
"Though Nigeria is ranked top on GDP, South Africa is a far more developed country than Nigeria, with good infrastructure and banks, and a diverse and sophisticated economy." That's true.

Nigeria is significantly more populated than South Africa.

What was the GDP of Nigeria in 2021?
Population?
What was the GDP of South Africa in 2021?
Population?
Repeat the same thing for 2022.

Look at this clown saying South Africa is advance than Nigeria 😀😀😁

Apart from Pretoria, JB maybe Cape Town or Durban nothing to write about South Africa.

All the multi national conglomerate they have, Nigeria still remains it's biggest markets
Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 10:25pm On Mar 29, 2023
Echo Nigeria is down at the moment.
I was just talking about how the Soviet Union defeated the US in Vietnam.
I'll post it here wink

Re: World Economy In Photos by seunny4lif(m): 10:51pm On Mar 29, 2023
obedience4:

Look at this clown saying South Africa is advance than Nigeria 😀😀😁

Apart from Pretoria, JB maybe Cape Town or Durban nothing to write about South Africa.

All the multi national conglomerate they have, Nigeria still remains it's biggest markets
South Africa have a better health care system more than Nigeria.
They health workers are well paid far better than Nigeria.
South Africa is far ahead of Nigeria in everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Economy In Photos by obedience4(m): 11:17am On Mar 30, 2023
seunny4lif:

South Africa have a better health care system more than Nigeria.
They health workers are well paid far better than Nigeria.
South Africa is far ahead of Nigeria in everything.

Better health care,.
I am just rolling and laughing on my bed,
When South Africa has the highest number of HIV infection in the continent
Nigeria is far better than SA in education, how many SA profs are involved in research, go see the ranking of university in Africa, and see the number of Nigeria schools that are there.
Is it in economy, ?? Nigeria has a better mixed economy than SA,
Is it in entertainment, we have a bigger Music Industry than SA, a far bigger movie industry than SA
Please don't compare Nigeria with SA.. Compare SA to Kenya
Na movies they decide you, try and visit Abuja and some areas of Lagos, pH even asaba self,
In terms of development Nigeria no get mate
Re: World Economy In Photos by seunny4lif(m): 11:26am On Mar 30, 2023
Now, I know you don’t know what you are saying
So, because of the high HIV rate, it mean they have bad healthcare.
The fact that SA citizens are living with HIV and they are still alive and kicking well shows their health care are over Nigeria.
Only reason Nigeria have big market was the population.
We over 200M people just like Brazil have bigger market in South America and USA have bigger market in North America.

You said Abuja and Lagos.
How many part of Lagos and Abuja are well developed with all the trillions of Naira and massive natural resources.

Almost all the biggest companies in Nigeria are owned by South Africa citizens, because Nigeria have the population.
Simple
We don’t even have been transportation within Nigeria.
We have one of the worst roads in Africa with all the billions.

Please, compare Nigeria with Benin rep and Togo.
obedience4:

Better health care,.
I am just rolling and laughing on my bed,
Nigeria is far better than SA in education, how many SA profs are involved in research, go see the ranking of university in Africa, and see the number of Nigeria schools that are there.
Is it in entertainment, we have a bigger Music Industry than SA, a far bigger movie industry than SA
Please don't compare Nigeria with SA.. Compare SA to Kenya
Na movies they decide you, try and visit Abuja and some areas of Lagos, pH even asaba self,
In terms of development Nigeria no get mate
Re: World Economy In Photos by obedience4(m): 11:51am On Mar 30, 2023
seunny4lif:
Now, I know you don’t know what you are saying
So, because of the high HIV rate, it mean they have bad healthcare.
The fact that SA citizens are living with HIV and they are still alive and kicking well shows their health care are over Nigeria.
Only reason Nigeria have big market was the population.
We over 200M people just like Brazil have bigger market in South America and USA have bigger market in North America.

You said Abuja and Lagos.
How many part of Lagos and Abuja are well developed with all the trillions of Naira and massive natural resources.

Almost all the biggest companies in Nigeria are owned by South Africa citizens, because Nigeria have the population.
Simple
We don’t even have been transportation within Nigeria.
We have one of the worst roads in Africa with all the billions.

Please, compare Nigeria with Benin rep and Togo.

Please let me know the big companies in Nigeria owned by South Africans 😂😁 cry

Dangote, FBN, Julius Berger, bua, zenith bank, onado,

Or Is in the fintech sector with interswitch, quickteller
Verve, or the new darling in town flutterwave,

Please this is not Ukraine and Russia, stop comparing Nigeria to some HIV infested country, we're the whites dominates the economy, tell me any black own South Africa company doing well

Mtn, mutichoice, Vodacom bidvest bank, are owned by white South Africans, yet you are still the same punks who will screamed colonialism

Please stop comparing us with the South Africans, we no be meet,
I am still waiting for the list of the the biggest companies in Nigeria that are owned by South Africans
Re: World Economy In Photos by seunny4lif(m): 11:53am On Mar 30, 2023
obedience4:

Please let me know the big companies in Nigeria owned by South Africans 😂😁 cry

Dangote, FBN, Julius Berger, bua, zenith bank, onado,

Or Is in the fintech sector with interswitch, quickteller
Verve, or the new darling in town flutterwave,

Please this is not Ukraine and Russia, stop comparing Nigeria to some HIV infested country, we're the whites dominates the economy, tell me any black own South Africa company doing well

Mtn, mutichoice, Vodacom bidvest bank, are owned by white South Africans, yet you are still the same punks who will screamed colonialism

Please stop comparing us with the South Africans, we no be meet,
I am still waiting for the list of the the biggest companies in Nigeria that are owned by South Africans
Those people owned SA passport
White or Black, it does not matter
Until we have the level of SA then Nigeria same as Benin Rep and Togo cheesy cheesy cheesy,
We don't even have electricity. cheesy
Re: World Economy In Photos by obedience4(m): 11:56am On Mar 30, 2023
seunny4lif:

Until we have the level of SA then Nigeria same as Benin Rep and Togo

Lol, I don't want to hear colonialism in your mouth again

What about the biggest companies in Nigeria owned by South Africans 😀😁😂
Re: World Economy In Photos by seunny4lif(m): 12:03pm On Mar 30, 2023
obedience4:

Lol, I don't want to hear colonialism in your mouth again

What about the biggest companies in Nigeria owned by South Africans 😀😁😂
grin grin grin, i go still dey shout am ooo
Well SA have a lot of white people that can't leave again, just like Nigeria have a lot of Lebanese that are Nigerian but diff is that those white came during slavery and black SA let those remaining white become citizens.
Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 1:05pm On Mar 31, 2023
[Tell me any black owned South Africa company doing well

seunny4lif:

Until we have the level of SA then Nigeria same as Benin Rep and Togo cheesy cheesy cheesy,
We don't even have electricity. cheesy

Thank you Seun, the richest man in Africa (Aliko Dangote) is a black man. This wouldn't have been possible had the political and demographical structure of Nigeria been similar to that of Canada or the US where the indigenous people are ruled, subjugated and displaced to be a minority by the colonizing western invaders that stole and occupied thier lands and have refused to leave.

seunny4lif:

grin grin grin, i go still dey shout am ooo
Well SA have a lot of white people that can't leave again, just like Nigeria have a lot of Lebanese that are Nigerian but diff is that those white came during slavery and black SA let those remaining white become citizens.

The indigenous people of South Africa fought against the colonizers/apartheid and prevailed with the help of the Soviet Union while the indigenous people of Canada/US also resisted the colonizers but they had a different outcome and are still subjugated.

Please don't compare Nigeria with SA.

Obedience is a typical Nazi sympathizer, a med (for mental illness) starved empty vessel in search of relevance.
Nigeria's rate of HIV is underreported due to the fear of stigmatization and due to an underperforming healthcare system. Nevertheless, Nigeria has a very high number of people living with HIV and SA has a higher life expectancy rate than Nigeria.

Unlike Nigerian strike riddled universities, SA universities are very high in knowledge impacted and mode of delivery.
SA has PhD awarding universities which requires research to be done.
South Africa's development is one of the many reasons why it's cosmopolitan cities like Pretoria, Durban, Capetown, Johannesburg are popular destinations for tourists/immigrants from developed and developing countries.

Bollywood has a bigger entertainment industry than China but China has a larger economy and a higher gdp per capita.
Gdp per capita of South Africa is higher than Nigeria.
Nigeria has a higher number of people living below the poverty line.

Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 2:42pm On Mar 31, 2023
BidenDTrounced:
Echo Nigeria is down at the moment.
I was just talking about how the Soviet Union defeated the US in Vietnam.
I'll post it here wink
Echo Nigeria is back online.
Search for Vietnam in that box (please see attached).

Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 9:13pm On Mar 31, 2023
BidenDTrounced:

Thank you Seun, the richest man in Africa (Aliko Dangote) is a black man. This wouldn't have been possible had the political and demographical structure of Nigeria been similar to that of Canada or the US where the indigenous people are ruled, subjugated and displaced to be a minority by the colonizing western invaders that stole and occupied thier lands and have refused to leave.

The indigenous people of South Africa fought against the colonizers/apartheid and prevailed with the help of the Soviet Union while the indigenous people of Canada/US also resisted the colonizers but they had a different outcome and are still subjugated.

Obedience is a typical Nazi sympathizer, a med (for mental illness) starved empty vessel in search of relevance.
Nigeria's rate of HIV is underreported due to the fear of stigmatization and due to an underperforming healthcare system. Nevertheless, Nigeria has a very high number of people living with HIV and SA has a higher life expectancy rate than Nigeria.

Unlike Nigerian strike riddled universities, SA universities are very high in knowledge impacted and mode of delivery.
SA has PhD awarding universities which requires research to be done.
South Africa's development is one of the many reasons why it's cosmopolitan cities like Pretoria, Durban, Capetown, Johannesburg are popular destinations for tourists/immigrants from developed and developing countries.

Bollywood (India) has a bigger entertainment industry than China but China has a larger economy and a higher gdp per capita.
Gdp per capita of South Africa is higher than Nigeria.
Nigeria has a higher number of people living below the poverty line.

Is a system working as well as possible? Inertia lulls people into believing that legacy products are great—even that they’re perfect—without objectively considering whether it’s really true.

The U.S. may still be a shining city on a hill but our Constitution has become so out-of-date that new nations no longer refer to it as a template for their own legal charters.

Ask yourself: if our political system were created today, by a group of intelligent people, what would it look like? If the real-world system we see now falls short of that ideal, there’s room for improvement.

What if we were to scrap our centuries-old Constitution? What if we built a shiny new government from the ground up, without considering legacy or precedent?

This is a complicated question. Only one out of four Americans would vote to repeal the Second Amendment, so the right to bear arms might make it into a new charter.

Much of that support, however, derives from voters who own the hundreds of millions of guns already in circulation. An America without a legacy of individual firearms ownership would be much less likely to codify it as a fundamental right.

So what would an ideal representative democracy look like for the United States, 2023 edition? Nothing like what we have now.

Every citizen of sufficient age to exercise sound judgment should be allowed to vote. Our society currently says 18. But there are strong arguments in favor of allowing children to vote as well as for raising the age of enfranchisement to 25. If mental acuity matters, what about the one out of ten Americans over age 65 who suffers from dementia or those with very low IQ?
Among those permitted to cast ballots, each vote ought to count equally. The principle of one person, one vote is almost universally accepted.

Yet the current system falls dismally short of our professed ideal. Due to the electoral college, the vote of a resident of Wyoming in a presidential election counts 3.6 times more than that of someone who lives in California. People in the District of Columbia enjoy no vote at all; nor do the 4 million Americans who reside in overseas territories. Gerrymandering through redistricting has radically reduced the weight of a vote cast by a Black citizen compared to a white one. Forty-eight out of 50 states either ban convicted felons, people in prison and/or on parole from voting; the U.S. has some of the most vicious disenfranchisement laws in the world.

If a representative democracy is healthy and vibrant, voters ought to be able to choose from a broad selection of candidates who represent a wide range of ideological viewpoints that reflect the broad diversity of opinions in our vast country. In this respect, the U.S. is not a democracy.

We only have two major parties. But not by choice. 62%of Americans say they want the option of a third party; dissatisfaction with the Democrats and the Republicans helps explain why the U.S. has one of the lowest voter-turnout numbers in the world. Smaller parties are barred from presidential debates, don’t receive coverage in the press, are stymied by draconian ballot-access laws drafted by Democrats and Republicans, and bludgeoned by nuisance lawsuits filed by the big two in order to drain their resources and block them from the ballot.

In many elections, there aren’t even two parties. In 2016, 42% of races for seats in state legislatures were uncontested, meaning there was only one candidate on the ballot. There’s no word whether any of them was named “Saddam.” In 2022, a whopping 57%of state elections for judges were unopposed. I live in New York, where the Working Families Party provides an illusion of choice by appearing on the ballot next to the Democrats. But the WFP’s candidates are the same as the corporate Democrats.

Ranked-choice voting, promoted by progressives, sometimes leads to anti-democratic results. California’s small state Republican Party rarely has one of its candidates among the top two vote-getters who move past the first round to the general election.

Party primaries can be coronations, as when Barack Obama and Donald Trump essentially ran unopposed in 2012 and 2020, respectively.

Candidates are not legally bound to carry out their election promises if they win. Evolving circumstances or further reflection—or dishonesty—may prompt a politician to change course after victory.

But there is accountability for perfidy, whether real or imagined, in a vibrant representative democracy. Rather than outsource politics to a political class every two or four years or whatever, citizens in a high-functioning representative democracy keep informed beyond the carnival of election season, express their opinions and hold their representatives’ feet to the fire with public protests and demonstrations, as we’re currently seeing in France after their imperious president ignored popular will by increasing the national retirement age without holding a parliamentary vote.

The U.S. does not have a high-functioning representative democracy. Voters are uninformed, don’t trust the media and can’t agree on the facts at the heart of stories and issues like whether climate change is real or Biden won the election.

Worst of all, we fail to hold our representatives accountable when they ignore us. Abortion is no longer legal in 17 states, with more expected to codify bans in the coming months. Meanwhile, 85%of American adults favor abortion rights, yet the streets remain calm and protester-free.

Two out of three Democrats want significant and immediate action against climate change, yet they don’t have anything to say to President Biden—who probably blew up a major gas pipeline and created an ecological disaster, and authorized oil drilling in the ecologically fragile Alaskan wilderness.

If we were to create a new political system out of whole cloth, it wouldn’t look anything like this.

(Ted Rall (Twitter: @tedrall), the political cartoonist, columnist and graphic novelist, co-hosts the left-vs-right DMZ America podcast with fellow cartoonist Scott Stantis. You can support Ted’s hard-hitting political cartoons and columns and see his work first by sponsoring his work on Patreon.)
[url]https://sputniknews.com/20230329/the-us-is-not-a-democracy-1108886575.html
[/url]

The difference between apartheid SA and Canada/US is the fact that in apartheid South Africa, the occupiers/invaders were a minority ruling over the indigenous majority. But in Canada/US, the occupiers/invaders have succesfully displaced the indigenous population to become the majority. That was the plan for South Africa before Moscow defended them. That's why no matter what happens, South Africa would never forget it's history (they see what's happening to the indigenous people of Canada and America).

The leader of the party with the most seats in parliament is the prime minister of Canada.
After years of subjugation and genocide, the indigenous people of Canada simply do not have the numbers..they're a very very tiny fraction of the Canadian population and are still ruled by the colonizers.

The US is even much more complicated because it's democracy is much more fake in comparison to Canada and the fate of the indigenous/native Americans here is not any different from Canada.

Both countries continue to systematically suppress and oppress the indigenous people but dem dey chook mouth for Ukraine matter.

Therefore, we should be grateful that our situation is a little bit better than the indigenous people of Canada/America, it created an enabling environment for Aliko Dangote (a black man and an indigenous Nigerian) to become the richest man not just in Nigeria, but in Africa.

One day, like the indigenous people of South Africa, the indigenous people of Canada/US will also reclaim thier land from the invaders.
Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 12:03am On Apr 01, 2023
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Canadian_federal_election

The leader of the party with the most seats in parliament is the prime minister of Canada.
The two major parties are dominated by the invaders/colonizers and these same invaders/colnoziers constitute the majority of the electorate.
After years of subjugation and genocide, the indigenous people of Canada simply do not have the numbers..they're a very very tiny fraction of the Canadian population and are still ruled by the colonizers.
The US is even much more complicated because it's democracy is much more fake in comparison to Canada and the fate of the indigenous/native Americans here is not any different from that of Canada.
Both countries continue to systematically suppress and oppress the indigenous people but dem dey chook mouth for Ukraine matter.
The current governor general of Canada is a product of political posturing intended to cause a distraction.

Simon was born Mary Jeannie May on August 21, 1947,in Fort Severight (now Kangiqsualujjuaq), Quebec, to Bob May of English descent and his wife Nancy, an Inuk. Her father had relocated to the north in his youth and became manager of the local Hudson's Bay Company (HBC) store during the early 1950s. Mary could pass for an indigenous person because of a copulation of convenience(her mother is indigenous).

Political posturing, also known as political grandstanding (from the notion of performing to crowds in the grandstands), political theatre, or "kabuki",is the use of speech or actions to gain political support through emotional or affective appeals. It applies especially to appeals that are seen as hollow or lacking political or economic substance, or to superficial appeals that may not reflect a person's genuine ideology or political preferences.

Posturing may be seen not only in political rhetoric but also in legislative, law enforcement, or other official actions undertaken not on the basis of their effectiveness, but in order to reduce or deflect criticism aimed at public officials.
Wikipedia

Like the indigenous people of South Africa, the indigenous people of Canada/US will also reclaim thier land from the invaders/colonizers.

BidenDTrounced:

The U.S. does not have a high-functioning representative democracy. Voters are uninformed, don’t trust the media and can’t agree on the facts at the heart of stories and issues like whether climate change is real or Biden won the election.

Worst of all, we fail to hold our representatives accountable when they ignore us. Abortion is no longer legal in 17 states, with more expected to codify bans in the coming months. Meanwhile, 85%of American adults favor abortion rights, yet the streets remain calm and protester-free.

Two out of three Democrats want significant and immediate action against climate change, yet they don’t have anything to say to President Biden—who probably blew up a major gas pipeline and created an ecological disaster, and authorized oil drilling in the ecologically fragile Alaskan wilderness.

If we were to create a new political system out of whole cloth, it wouldn’t look anything like this.

(Ted Rall (Twitter: @tedrall), the political cartoonist, columnist and graphic novelist, co-hosts the left-vs-right DMZ America podcast with fellow cartoonist Scott Stantis. You can support Ted’s hard-hitting political cartoons and columns and see his work first by sponsoring his work on Patreon.)
[url]https://sputniknews.com/20230329/the-us-is-not-a-democracy-1108886575.html
[/url]

Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 12:35am On Apr 01, 2023
Jagmeet Singh is the leader of the NDP party.
He had the 'oppurtunity' to become the PM of Canada but unlike Rishi Sunak, he had to go through a general election so he failed grin grin
There's a lot of Indians in Canada(Ontario, BC, Alberta. Saddletown in Calgary feels like India, Brampton in Ontario is little India)..they voted massively for him but it wasn't enough.
But what about a full blooded indigenous Canadian? No luck..they do not stand a chance in their own land...you can imagine thier agony and predicament.

The US is even much more complicated because it's democracy is much more fake in comparison to Canada and the fate of the indigenous/native Americans here is not any different from that of Canada.

One day, like the indigenous people of South Africa, the indigenous people of Canada/US will also reclaim thier land from the invaders.

Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 11:54am On Apr 01, 2023
New interface...it's cool smiley although I already got used to the old one.
They're both ok (the new and old one).

Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 12:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
German debt reaches all-time high

Soaring state borrowing is linked to the energy crisis, government statistics service has said.

Germany’s public debt reached a new record of a whopping €2.37 trillion ($2.6 trillion) at the end of 2022, data released by the Federal Statistical Office (Destatis) on Wednesday showed.

The debt owed by the overall public budget to the non-public sector rose 2% year-on-year, or by €46.1 billion ($50 billion), compared to 2021. Destatis attributed the increase to emergency measures during the Covid-19 pandemic and the energy crisis.

Compared to the end of the third quarter of 2022, debt soared by 1.8% or €41.9 billion ($45.5 billion), raising concerns over its impact on the German economy and financial stability. Per-capita debt amounted to €28,155 ($30,600) representing a growing burden on the population.

Spiraling inflation, a raging energy crisis and expectations of a further slowdown in the EU’s largest economy have eroded consumer activity, posing a threat to economic prosperity.

Economists say that the surging debt owed to the non-public sector illustrates the challenging economic conditions faced by Germany due to the pandemic and the energy crunch. The non-public sector includes banks and other domestic and foreign economic sectors, such as private businesses in Germany and abroad, according to Destatis.

The government’s efforts to mitigate the impact of these crises have led to a significant increase in public borrowing. German Finance Minister Christian Lindner earlier said the government needed to limit its spending, meaning the state will not be able to quickly solve current economic problems such as falling levels of wealth.

Germany, which relies mainly on natural gas to power its industry, has been struggling to cope with skyrocketing energy costs. The nation has vowed to replace imports from its once biggest supplier – Russia – by as early as mid-2024. However, attempts to diversify gas supplies have contributed to the energy crunch.

The French protests against Macron's austerity measures will cost more than Macron thinks he'll save by raising the retirement age. What I find funny is...the West is cutting costs/budget in critical sectors and neglecting the wellbeing of it's citizens to fund it's proxy war against Russia meanwhile, Russia isn't cutting cost in civil engineering, healthcare, education, infrastructure development and continues to progress while the West is in decline.

The number of homeless westerners who are unable to find affordable housing continues to increase. Americans have no affordable healthcare, the indigenous people of North America have no clean drinking water etc.

"We are building our economy in such a way that we do not allow excessive militarization, As for all our plans for [the development of] civil engineering, healthcare, education, infrastructure development, we are not cutting anything. Nothing! And they [the West] will have to cut spending"
President Putin.

The intended effects of Western actions against Russia are now seen on its own soil: rampant inflation, energy shortages, the threat of de-industrialization and financial instability

Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 12:33pm On Apr 01, 2023
BidenDTrounced:
New interface...it's cool smiley although I already got used to the old one.
They're both ok (the new and old one).
It's back to the old one grin

Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 1:47am On Apr 02, 2023
The redundancy of the UN.

Israeli occupation of Palestinian territory illegal: UN rights commission

Israel’s occupation of Palestinian territory is unlawful under international law due to its permanence and the Israeli government’s de facto annexation policies, a UN-appointed Commission of Inquiry said in its first report, published on Thursday.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2022/10/1129722

Tbc

Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 2:06am On Apr 02, 2023
There are recent reports of Israeli strikes on Syria.
These criminal provocations are intended to evoke a reaction that'll distract the Israeli public from it's domestic upheaval (see attached).

Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 12:30pm On Apr 02, 2023
BidenDTrounced:
The redundancy of the UN.

Israeli occupation of Palestinian territory illegal: UN rights commission

Tbc

Israel’s occupation of Palestinian territory is unlawful under international law due to its permanence and the Israeli government’s de facto annexation policies, a UN-appointed Commission of Inquiry said in its first report, published on Thursday.

The three-member Commission is pushing for the issue to be referred to the International Court of Justice (ICJ), the UN’s highest court.

They stressed that under international humanitarian law, the occupation of territory in wartime is a temporary situation and does not deprive the occupied power of its statehood or sovereignty.

A core UN principle

“Recent statements by the Secretary-General and numerous Member States have clearly indicated that any attempt at unilateral annexation of a State’s territory by another State is a violation of international law and is null and void; 143 member States including Israel last week, voted in favour of a General Assembly resolution reaffirming this,” said Navi Pillay, the Commission Chair.

“Unless universally applied, including to the situation in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, this core principle of the United Nations Charter will become meaningless”, she added.

The Commission has called on the UN General Assembly to request an urgent Advisory Opinion from the ICJ on the legal consequences of the occupation.

Settlement ‘enterprise’ studied

For their report, the Commissioners reviewed the policies and actions Israel has used to maintain the occupation and annex parts of the Occupied Palestinian Territory.

They focused on how Israel has sustained and advanced its “settlement enterprise”, including statements made by Israeli officials indicating the intent to maintain permanent control over the land in violation of international law.

The Commission concluded that by continuing to occupy the territory by force, Israel incurs international responsibilities and remains accountable for violations of the rights of the Palestinians, both individually and as a people.

 “By ignoring international law in establishing or facilitating the establishment of settlements, and directly or indirectly transferring Israeli civilians into these settlements, successive Israel governments have set facts on the ground to ensure permanent Israeli control in the West Bank,” said Ms. Pillay.

Restrictive land policies

The Commission also reviewed Israel’s expropriation and exploitation of land and natural resources, and its restrictive urban planning and zoning policies in the West Bank.

Land is often confiscated for military purposes but then used for settlement construction, the report found.

The Commission reviewed statements by Israeli officials indicating that Palestinian construction is seen as an impediment to settlements, requiring action such as confiscation, demolitions and displacement.

Similar processes were also seen in East Jerusalem, where restrictive planning and zoning have contributed to shrinking space for Palestinians.

‘Silent harm’ and trauma
The report also addresses Israeli Government policies that have had an impact on all aspects of Palestinian life, such as access to clean and affordable water.

“There is so much ‘silent harm’ and psychological trauma, that may not be immediately apparent, resulting from the erosion of economic, social and cultural rights. These debilitating processes have severe short and long-term consequences and must be urgently addressed”, said Commissioner Miloon Kothari.

The Commission also examined how the occupation and de facto annexation policies have affected Palestinian human rights, as well as the impacts on Palestinian women and children.

The “coercive environment” which forces Palestinians to leave their homes has fragmented Palestinian society and hampered the right to self-determination, the report said.

International action required

The report concludes by saying that some of the Israeli government policies and actions may constitute “elements” of crimes under international criminal law, including the war crime of transferring part of your own civilian population into occupied territory.

“The actions of Israeli Governments reviewed in our report, constitute an illegal occupation and annexation regime
that must be addressed,” said Commissioner Chris Sidoti.

“The international system and individual States must act and uphold their obligations under international law. That must begin at this session of the General Assembly with a referral to the International Court of Justice.”
 About the Commission of Inquiry

 The Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, and Israel, receives its mandate from the UN Human Rights Council.

The Commissioners are not UN staff and they are not paid for their work.

They will present their report to the UN General Assembly on 27 October.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2022/10/1129722

Israel is just an evil state and a nestling for terrorists.
Crimea and the Donbass republics are never going back to Ukraine.
Palestine will be liberated...they just need to be patient like the citizens of the Donbass republics that were oppressed for years but ignored before the Russian SMO

Re: World Economy In Photos by BidenDTrounced: 5:56pm On Apr 02, 2023
Why is Zelensky persecuting Ukrainian Christians?
https://twitter.com/Sinnaig/status/1642247040770924544

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Full Details Of New UK Immigration System And how It Benefits Nigerians / Israel PM Meets Putin At Kremlin For Ukraine Talks / Queen's Royal Guards In Tears As They Bear Her Coffin Into Westminster Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.