Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,505 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti (39166 Views)

There Is Still Room For You In APC - Deputy Speaker, Benjamin Kalu Tells Otti / Kingibe To Wike: You Do Not Have Executive Powers As Minister / People Have Suffered, Focus On Pulling Them From Poverty – Peter Obi Tells Otti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by Metrix147: 12:34am On Mar 30, 2023
Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu has described as preposterous and anachronistic a statement credited to his incoming successor, Dr. Alex Otti in which his (Otti) media handlers described a purported employment programme going on in the state as illegal and racketeering.

Governor Ikpeazu said he is still the governor of the state till May 29 and still has the executive powers to perform his constitutional assignments.

Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Onyebuchi Ememanka in a statement on Wednesday charged the incoming governor and his media team to refrain from questioning the decisions of an elected government.

While denying any such employment programme in Abia, Ememanka said the actions of the governor are deemed constitutional on line with running the affairs of the state.

Ferdinand Ekeoma, Special Adviser to governor-elect, Dr. Alex Otti had alleged in a statement that some agents of the Abia State Government and some civil servants are engaged in what they called "Employment Racketeering".

According to Ememanka, "It is absolutely preposterous and outrightly anachronistic for the Media Team of the Governor-Elect to use the word ILLEGAL to describe the activities of a government that is legitimately in office.

"Assuming, though by no means conceding that the State Government offered employment to Abians, what is illegal about it?

"Dr Otti should take it easy. We understand that he has been trying to be Governor since 2015. His hurry is understandable but he must know that Dr Okezie Ikpeazu remains Governor of Abia State until midnight of 28th May, 2023. Within this period, the Governor is still enabled by all laws in this country to exercise the full powers of his office, including the power to grant employment waivers into the State Work Force, if he so desires.

"What Dr Otti can do, at best, is to review such Executive Actions after he is sworn in on the 29th of May. Anything else from him at this time is of no effect whatsoever.

"Dr Otti will have 4 full years at the first instance to exercise the powers of the Governor of Abia State, from 29th of May, 2023. He should wait for his time.

"Dr Otti should also be reminded that every Governor Elect is a potential former Governor. At most and if God permits, he will spend 8 years in office, and while still in office, his successor will be elected too.

"Our advise is simple. May 29th is almost here. Please be patient. If you have waited since 2015 till now, you can wait for another 2 months.

"When a new administration is elected into office, they will inherit both assets and liabilities because government is a continuum. What a new Governor chooses to do with what he inherits will define it's administrative strategy.

"Abians are eagerly looking forward to seeing the administrative expertise of the Governor-Elect.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/im-still-the-governor-with-executive-powers-wait-for-your-time-ikpeazu-replies-otti/

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by FairlyUSEDpussy: 12:36am On Mar 30, 2023
Wahala.......

Okay Oooo........this one nah MR EXECUTIVE POWER.........dey play Ooooo

Where;Mr CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY now??

21 Likes

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by oka4ugoo: 1:11am On Mar 30, 2023
Arrogant Imb*cile

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by Chinjo2: 1:25am On Mar 30, 2023
How can you be appointing people barely a month to leaving the office? What were you doing for the past 8 years?

194 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by MadamExcellency: 1:39am On Mar 30, 2023
Chinjo2:
How can you be appointment people barely a month before leaving the office? What were you doing for the past 8 years?

The accusation is false. Gov. Ikpeazu's spokesperson is right on this one. If Ikpeazu decides to pardon prisoners today or before leaving office, the Governor-elect, Alex Otti can't send them back to prison after his swearing in ceremony.

75 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by Kabirudeen25(m): 1:50am On Mar 30, 2023
MadamExcellency:

The accusation is false. Gov. Ikpeazu's spokesperson is right on this one. If Ikpeazu decides to pardon prisoners today or before leaving office, the Governor-elect, Alex Otti can't send them back to prison after his swearing in ceremony.
Ikpeazu plans to destabilize everything as much as possible before he leaves office. I hope he gets arrested eventually

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by Brendaniel: 2:00am On Mar 30, 2023
One of the ways to know leaders who got into office for their belly....

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by MadamExcellency: 2:02am On Mar 30, 2023
Kabirudeen25:
Ikpeazu plans to destabilize everything as much as possible before he leaves office. I hope he gets arrested eventually

Governor Ikpeazu is the most peaceful Governor in Nigeria since 1999.

The only stable Governor in a turbulent region. Abia State is still ranked as the most peaceful State in Nigeria. No political killing, no State-sponsored or targeted assassination, no killing of Soldiers, Policemen, politicians, or citizens at random.

Please give him the accolade where it's due.

95 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by saintkel(m): 2:10am On Mar 30, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Governor Ikpeazu is the most peaceful Governor in Nigeria since 1999.

The only stable Governor in a turbulent region. Abia State is still ranked as the most peaceful State in Nigeria. No political killing, no State-sponsored or targeted assassination, no killing of Soldiers, Policemen, politicians, or citizens at random.

Please give him the accolade where it's due.
south east is generally d most peaceful state in Nigeria......if not for recent activities if gunmen n sponsored ipob mob

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by MadamExcellency: 2:23am On Mar 30, 2023
saintkel:
south east is generally d most peaceful state in Nigeria......if not for recent activities of gunmen n sponsored ipob mob

Why is Abia State immune from the activities of these sponsored unknown gunmen? Nnamdi Kanu is from Abia State, IPOB protested in November and even women blocked roads this December to protest Nnamdi Kanu continued detention, and yet soldiers/policemen killed nobody and the protests were peaceful. Do it in any other State in Nigeria and see blood flow on the Streets.

The Governor understands his people, spoke with Security agencies, and things working out perfectly for the peace the citizens enjoy. Give it to Governor Ikpeazu on this one. He congratulated Alex Otti and advised PDP to shelve challenging Alex Otti's victory in court.

Destabilizing the State is not one of Ikpeazu's characteristics.

84 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by AmotekunSW: 2:28am On Mar 30, 2023
saintkel:
south east is generally d most peaceful state in Nigeria......if not for recent activities if gunmen n sponsored ipob mob

How is South East a state?
Your brain is asleep but your fingers are awake.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by hakeemhakeem(m): 2:45am On Mar 30, 2023
saintkel:

The way NE was if not recent BH were disturbing

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by matrixme(m): 4:01am On Mar 30, 2023
Abians may not rejoice just yet. There is an uncomfortable friendliness between Otti and Ikpeazu that should worry everyone. No governor in Nigeria congratulates his opponent from another party and wishes him well and even advises his party not to go to court.
The smile of a crocodile and the brotherhood of Nigerian politicians are 1 and 2. Even this "rebuke" looks more like a friendly advise. Imagine praying that he spends 8 years... The same Otti was downplaying Obi the other day. Something is definitely fishy. Perhaps they brought the idea of a victory for labour party from their Whatsapp group. Abians may have been scammed!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by obyrich(m): 5:58am On Mar 30, 2023
saintkel:
Ikpea:u is the only Governor in SE to effectively manage the unknown gunmen security challenge in his state. I wish OTTI learns this from him.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by obyrich(m): 6:02am On Mar 30, 2023
matrixme:
Abians may not rejoice just yet. There is an uncomfortable friendliness between Otti and Ikpeazu that should worry everyone. No governor in Nigeria congratulates his opponent from another party and wishes him well and even advises his party not to go to court.
The smile of a crocodile and the brotherhood of Nigerian politicians are 1 and 2. Even this "rebuke" looks more like a friendly advise. Imagine praying that he spends 8 years... The same Otti was downplaying Obi the other day. Something is definitely fishy. Perhaps they brought the idea of a victory for labour party from their Whatsapp group. Abians may have been scammed!
Abians don't need any roforofo fight. Ikpeazu will not stand in the way of OTTI. That's what matters. Otti has a right to reverse any decision taken by Ikpeazu which he considers not to be right. That's what the spokesperson told him.

12 Likes

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by Vyzz: 6:21am On Mar 30, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Why is Abia State immune from the activities of these sponsored unknown gunmen? Nnamdi Kanu is from Abia State, IPOB protested in November and even women blocked roads this December to protest Nnamdi Kanu continued detention, and yet soldiers/policemen killed nobody and the protests were peaceful. Do it in any other State in Nigeria and see blood flow on the Streets.

The Governor understands his people, spoke with Security agencies, and things working out perfectly for the peace the citizens enjoy. Give it to Governor Ikpeazu on this one. He congratulated Alex Otti and advised PDP to shelve challenging Alex Otti's victory in court.

Destabilizing the State is not one of Ikpeazu's characteristics.

Relax,

Abians are just peaceful but angry and nobody likes Okezie here.

He should go back to unukalika

6 Likes

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by dnawah(m): 6:25am On Mar 30, 2023
Metrix147:

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/im-still-the-governor-with-executive-powers-wait-for-your-time-ikpeazu-replies-otti/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J
Ohankwu road is still incompleted o! Since u r still the governor do it.

3 Likes

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by naija4life247: 7:43am On Mar 30, 2023
Okay nah.

Ikpeazu is suffering for not supporting Emilokan Bola Ahmed Tinubu. All members of the G5 who did not support Emilokan Tinubu lost out. Go and verify.

57 Likes

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by Luminary1(f): 7:44am On Mar 30, 2023
I need to know who thinks ikpeazu was also made in the image of God.

2 Likes

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by bigdammyj: 7:44am On Mar 30, 2023
Noted.
Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by Ireportlive: 7:44am On Mar 30, 2023
Setting traps
Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by Fattesticles: 7:44am On Mar 30, 2023
Chicken republic criminal should vacate that seat with his dirty yansh let better person enter .
Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by OfeAchi: 7:44am On Mar 30, 2023
No need to bother yourselves @ AlexOtti and team.
When you hav been sworn in, I have a solution that would enable you fish out all unscrupulous employments within Abia.

Just contact me
Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by Zico5(m): 7:44am On Mar 30, 2023
The guy should wait nah. Two months is not too long. There is nothing wrong if the governor perform his legitimate responsibilities. You can change the narration when u come on board. Otti should calm down

12 Likes

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by FILEBE(m): 7:45am On Mar 30, 2023
Politics in Nigeria is just rubbish and nonsense
Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by naija4life247: 7:45am On Mar 30, 2023
Luminary1:
I need to know who thinks ikpeazu was also made in the image of God.

Nobody thinks so

48 Likes

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by Emmastan291: 7:45am On Mar 30, 2023
After May 29th Ikpeazu should be in the EFCC custody...

He will experience PTSD there
Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by manchyme: 7:46am On Mar 30, 2023
Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by Goodlady(f): 7:46am On Mar 30, 2023
Let's talk truth.
Otti is wrong, Ikpeazu is right.
When Otti gets to power, he is free to sustain or reverse whatever that's logically wrong that Ikpeazu has done.
But the best way to govern is to continue good projects of predecessors cos govt is indeed continuum.
Otti too ll leave office one day either spending 4 or 8 years.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by Millimann: 7:46am On Mar 30, 2023
Any person that is employed by this time is on his own

3 Likes

Re: I'm The Governor With Executive Powers, Wait For Your Time, Ikpeazu Tells Otti by Naira20: 7:46am On Mar 30, 2023
Kikikiki..if you like no behave yourself.
Governor with executive powers to distribute Kerosene

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dino Melaye And Saraki Looking Dapper As They Step Out For An Event / There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari / Obasanjo Drops Bombshell On Successors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.