Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,451 members, 7,850,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:29 AM

Is It ACCEPTABLE For The National Population Commission To Exclude Religion? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It ACCEPTABLE For The National Population Commission To Exclude Religion? (142 Views)

Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? / Is The Improved National Identity Card Slip Acceptable For Verifications? / Buhari Directs Wages Commission To Speed Up New Salary Scale For Policemen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It ACCEPTABLE For The National Population Commission To Exclude Religion? by logicalhumour: 10:04am On Mar 30, 2023
I haven't still wrapped my head around the news I saw here => https://www.nairaland.com/7633208/2023-census-not-canvass-question

First off, may I state, categorically that none of my family members and friends received the "wildly" circulated "message" on WhatsApp. While it might sound like a conspiracy, I think the idea that some elements in the National Population Commission generated that stir to get a good reason for boycotting Religion and Ethnicity from a DIVERSE Nation's population CENSUS is not far fetched. The details of the announcement paper confirms my suspension.

How long will Nigeria keep pretending about the very thing that divide us. We cannot be one unless we RECOGNISE and accept our differences!

Personally (my opinion), I think it is UNACCEPTABLE FOR THE NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISSION to exclude Religion and Ethnicity from a population census of a nation like Nigeria. Even worse is the flimsy excuse of the "wildly" circulated WHATSAPP message to justify this rape of Nigerians. Please how many Nigerians are even on WhatsApp again? undecided

How long would we keep pretending that religion and ethnicity is nothing in Nigeria, while we've seen that it's everything! That pretense will NEVER lead us anywhere.

It is unacceptable, and the National Population Commission must conduct a proper General Census. Period.

Cc: Nlfpmod (since the National Population Commission can bend to opinions on WhatsApp, I want them to also see the opinions of Nigerians on Nairaland)

(1) (Reply)

* Appreciating The Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa Essence In Delta State* / Jigawa LG PDP Requests INEC Remove Cor From Elected Assembly Member / Welcome To The Month Of April, A Month Of Positive Growth And Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.