Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,752 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita (27105 Views)

Fayemi Declines EFCC Invitation, Gives Reason / Abdulkadir Jimoh Dies Of Pneumonia, "Not COVID-19" / I Am Suffering From A Gang-Up - Bala Mohammed, Bauchi Governor Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by fergie001: 12:04pm On Mar 30, 2023
I’m Undergoing Treatment For Cardiac Arrhythmia, Lung Disease Abroad – Ex-Minister, Akpabio Postpones EFCC Invitation Over Multi-Billion Naira Fraud

[b]Godswill Akpabio, former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs says he will not honour the invitation of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFFC), to report to its office.

EFCC had in a letter asked Akpabio to appear at its office on March 29, 2023.

However, the Senator-elect in a letter to the commission by his lawyer, Umeh Kalu, and obtained by SaharaReporters on Wednesday, said he would not be available due to ill health as he had already arranged medical appointments overseas.

According to Akpabio, he is suffering from pneumonia and cardiac arrhythmia.

Pneumonia is inflammation of the lungs, usually caused by an infection while cardiac arrhythmia is an abnormal heart rhythm.

The former minister asked the anti-graft commission to pick another date after the forthcoming Easter and Ramadan holidays.

The letter read, “We continue to act as solicitors to Senator Godswill Akpabio and write you at his instance. We write to convey our client's inability to honour the scheduled visit to your office on the 29th day of March, 2022, due to il health, and, already arranged medical appointments overseas.

“As mentioned in our last letter to you dated February 10, 2023, our client is undergoing treatment for pneumonia and cardiac arrhythmia, and, has recently been advised to seek further attention abroad.

“It is in the light of the above, that we respectfully request that our client's appointment with you be rescheduled to a date convenient to your officers, preferably after the forthcoming Easter and Ramadan holidays.

“This request is in no way intended to disrespect your high office, even as we regret every conceivable inconvenience that our request will occasion on you and your team of operatives. Please accept the assurances of our professional regards, while thanking you for your understanding.”

SaharaReporters had in 2021 reported how the senator-elect was detained after he attempted to bribe the Chairman of the anti-graft agency, Abdulrasheed Bawa with $350,000 (about N135million).

According to sources, Akpabio was trying to bribe the EFCC Chairman because of the tons of corruption allegations against him, dating back to the time he was governor of Akwa Ibom State.

It was learnt that the meeting between Akpabio and Bawa was arranged by the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN).

SaharaReporters gathered that it took a call from the Aso Villa to the EFCC Chairman to get Akpabio and his aides released.

A top source in the EFCC had said, "He arrived at the EFCC office with five others and headed to meet the newly appointed Chairman, Bawa.

"The Attorney General of the Federation who was recently arranged the meeting for the minister. You remember his bribery issue with Malami himself involving $5 million.

"He was ushered in at 1 pm to see the EFCC chairman while carrying the money personally. He was arrested and detained, along with his aides, all six of them. It was a call from the Villa that got him released after two hours."

There had been allegations of N40 billion fraud perpetrated in the NDDC, a ministry which was headed by Akpabio for three years.

The Senate and the House of Representatives in 2020 resolved to probe the alleged N40 billion financial recklessness of the Interim Management Committee (IMC) of the NDDC in the previous three months.

Also, there were allegations of over N86 billion contract scam involving the senator-elect and the former Acting Managing Director of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Prof. Kemebradikumo Pondei, which the EFCC has been looking into.

The anti-graft agency had in the past arrested Akpabio over alleged theft of N108.1billion of Akwa Ibom funds.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/03/29/exclusive-im-undergoing-treatment-cardiac-arrhythmia-lung-disease-abroad-ex-minister

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7633243/efcc-invites-akpabio-fresh-questioning

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by Jemada: 12:05pm On Mar 30, 2023
Another off the mic series. These the politicians the people are fighting for

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by JasonScoolari: 12:05pm On Mar 30, 2023
God's will Akpabio; A man loved when he was a governor under the PDP, did tremendous work at Akwa Ibom, earn a spot as one of the finest politician out of the Creeks of the Niger Delta,

He is now a useless THIEF under the APC, he is being disgraced, embarrassed, demystified subjected to mockery and rendered an Internally Displaced Politician both in the State and Federal level.

Now, EFCC are chasing him like a thief at Ochanja market in Onitsha. They are gradually stripping him nakked, grabbed him by his balls and taken everything from him.

He will soon get HIV when the demonic APC are done with him.

216 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by SpartaOfLagos: 12:06pm On Mar 30, 2023
But you weren't suffering from Pneumonia when you were stealing the billions

110 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by God1000(m): 12:08pm On Mar 30, 2023
Lol, naija politicians and their drama, this is what they do to evade punishment after looting the state dry

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by NewNg1: 12:19pm On Mar 30, 2023
@Seun look at what your platform has turn into.

The hatred on this platform needs federal government intervention. Mr Seun despite what you said few days ago, the abuse on this platform is on the rise.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by Harrynight(m): 12:19pm On Mar 30, 2023
shocked

He said EFCC should postpone the invite until AFTER Easter holidays and AFTER Ramadan holidays,
by then Baba would have been sworn in as a senator from the ruling party hence case closed!!!

We know the game but let's pretend like we don't know 😂

364 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by Racoon(m): 12:19pm On Mar 30, 2023
They will have an excuse to give when it is time to face the consequences of their criminality. Of course the APC offered him a leverage have to stabilise from his corrupt days post governorship but now want to prevent him from the Senate Presidentship then finally dispose him.Cardiac arrest kill you there.

17 Likes

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by opalu: 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2023
Na them

1 Like

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by Felabrity: 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2023
Criminal

3 Likes

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by DenreleDave(m): 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2023
grin grin grin

Akpabio has learnt so much from Peter Obi, Kalu, Ojuwku, ikpeazu and Okorocha....

The south east politicians like Obi and co are influencing the south south badly..

grin grin grin grin grin grin

271 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by Penguin2: 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2023
Lol

These politicians and their funny sicknesses when they are invited to answer for their crimes🤦

Make all these sicknesses wey dem dey always invite come catch them and even kill them sometimes so that others will stop.

Ndi ala!

I’m sure it’s Orji Uzor Kalu camp that is trying to use EFCC to make Akpabio abandon his Senatorial Presidency ambition.

It’s so funny how these agencies are so predictable due to bastardization🤦

15 Likes

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by Emmastan291: 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2023
Godswill Akpabio is a smart man...

He will still come back to Nigeria after the Health checkup....

His lawyer should keep another excuse aside...

Nigeria is synonymous with Greedy and Selfish leaders...

8 Likes

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by xynerise: 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2023
Mtchew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by SoftP(m): 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2023
but there are other means to mobilize him to EFCC office-

AMBULANCE!

11 Likes

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by SirJerrie(m): 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2023

1 Like

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by Djele: 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2023
And cardiac arrest u will have

7 Likes

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
grin go and meet ur Elders,
Ur Senate President Ambition is Dead,
Orji Uzo Kalu is our next Senate President grin grin

5 Likes

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by SleekyP(m): 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
Dino Second grin grin

4 Likes

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by Gadafii: 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
May you never recover

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by IgweOfIHIALA(m): 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2023

1 Like

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by sslcrypt: 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
Interesting

2 Likes

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by Macmoni(m): 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
This people are always sick stupid people make them still carry am

2 Likes

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by NairaLux(f): 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
Ọmọ icko grin😀😂😀😂

1 Like

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by richard870(m): 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
Honestly, we don't have a legal structure! ....this wolves in sheep clothing stole almost A BILLION DOLAR ( $1,000,000,000) ....got absolved of all charges immediately he joined 'Association of Political Crooks'

9 Likes

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by ecolime(m): 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
Same old trick 😴

2 Likes

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
I know wan talk anything

2 Likes

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by pat077: 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
They don't fall sick when looting
Why didn't EFCC arrest him before election
How did he win re-election to the senate with all the allegations against him
Nigeria is just a theatre of dramas

6 Likes

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by SirJerrie(m): 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
NIGERIAN POLITICIANS!!!

*spits*

4 Likes

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by thorpido(m): 12:22pm On Mar 30, 2023
Lol..format.
JasonScoolari:
God's will Akpabio; A man loved when he was a governor under the PDP, did tremendous work at Akwa Ibom, earn a spot as one of the finest politician out of the Creeks of the Niger Delta,

He is now a useless THIEF under the APC, he is being disgraced, embarrassed, demystified subjected to mockery and rendered an Internally Displaced Politician both in the State and Federal level.

Now, EFCC are chasing him like a thief at Ochanja market in Onitsha. They are gradually stripping him nakked, grabbed him by his balls and taken everything from him.

He will soon get HIV when the demonic APC are done with him.
He worked no doubt when he was governor of Akwa Ibom but the money was available in large quantity and he heeelped himself with with the dough.
The same reason he is being probed now and ran to APC for cover.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Suffering From Pneumonia, Cardiac Arrhythmia - Akpabio Declines EFCC Invita by olatuns2017: 12:22pm On Mar 30, 2023

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Terror Attack On Abuja Airport Foiled / APC Not Managing Victory Well – Okorocha / Buhari Congratulates Adesola Adeduntan On Forbes Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.