Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,058 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) (31885 Views)

Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? / Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried / Cameroonian Lady Disses Nigerian Food On Twitter, Nigerians Respond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by grandstar(m): 8:25pm On Mar 30, 2023
marsup:
But most of them eat Mexican takeouts...

I love your educated response. I am only familiar with England. Maybe Americans are more adventurous.
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by Ogatobe: 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2023
Bread and Akara
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by omoyankee3(m): 8:30pm On Mar 30, 2023
Beans
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by omonnakoda: 8:32pm On Mar 30, 2023
Are Ghanaians foreigners. ?
If yes then jollof rice
Other Africans Egusi with pounded yam
Original Oyinbo MoinMoin with fish
Chinese Oyinbo Rice and okro
Arabs Rice with ewedu
Indians Eba with beans

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by DrDunamis(m): 8:32pm On Mar 30, 2023
mariahAngel:
We all know how food can be somehow strange, right? cheesy
What you might consider delicious as a local, might taste weird to a foreigner.
So, assuming you had a visitor from a foreign country, what Nigerian food(s) would you confidently offer, that you're sure he/she would enjoy? cheesy

For me, without wasting time, I'd start with delicious Boli and fish first and foremost, to get the taste buds rolling.
Something sweet never fails. cheesy
Then, delicious native rice won't be bad.
After that, a couple of other delicious dishes.

What Nigerian food would you offer a foreigner?

Pics by: Mariah_Angel
Every Nigerian food is dope

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by uuzba(m): 8:33pm On Mar 30, 2023
All the Nigerian foods.
Offer with confidence. If they don't like it, they should enter their aeroplane and F*** off.
How can you come to my country and tell me that my food is bad? Did I send you message?
When you travel to their country, you will open your wide mouth and be eating their burger and chicken. You no go even form healthy-living sef.
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by uuzba(m): 8:34pm On Mar 30, 2023
DrDunamis:

Every Nigerian food is dope
Simple correct answer.

Enough of all this "White man is sacred" mentality.
We should always stand for ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by uuzba(m): 8:35pm On Mar 30, 2023
ibtommy:

Bush rat and locally made wine grin
Simple.!
If they don't like it, they should get out.
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by Electrokco: 8:40pm On Mar 30, 2023
Ofe Owerri
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by Darnell9(m): 8:42pm On Mar 30, 2023
GARRI
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by adewaleola01: 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2023
Ebiripo with egusi soup
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by karmaolu1(m): 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2023
which foreign food will you confidently offer for a Nigerian?
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by ebullient19(f): 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2023
Goat meat peppersoup and rice then Ekpang Nkukwo for later in the evening
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by harmony75: 8:47pm On Mar 30, 2023
There's no food they cannot try just show them how to eat it and they will enjoy it Africa salad, moimoi, yam with sauce, pepper soup just make sure it is not too spicy! We had this oyibo Mr Prost an artist from France he came to Nigeria years back he goes to eat amala so one-day we offered him yam with sauce. He asked how do I eat it? and we showed him and he enjoyed the meal ๐Ÿ˜‹ ๐Ÿ˜‹
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by ubee(m): 8:48pm On Mar 30, 2023
Afang and Fufu

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by Oluwatosin6060: 8:49pm On Mar 30, 2023
Garri,groundnut ,sugar with cold water

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by Emdebby2: 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2023
White soup (nsala) with pounded yam.

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by chaseblack(m): 8:57pm On Mar 30, 2023
tonididdy:
Moimoi
Akara

โ€ฆand yes Iโ€™ve and they loved it!

Of cuz they'll love it, oyinbo people love anything fried. Even if you fry shit and offer them they'll gladly eat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by blaskikv: 8:59pm On Mar 30, 2023
Eko and Ekuru
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by mariahAngel(f): 9:02pm On Mar 30, 2023
uuzba:
All the Nigerian foods.
Offer with confidence. If they don't like it, they should enter their aeroplane and F*** off.
How can you come to my country and tell me that my food is bad? Did I send you message?
When you travel to their country, you will open your wide mouth and be eating their burger and chicken. You no go even form healthy-living sef.

uuzba:

Simple correct answer.

Enough of all this "White man is sacred" mentality.
We should always stand for ourselves.

uuzba:

Simple.!
If they don't like it, they should get out.

Mr Uuzba, no be fight. ๐Ÿ˜€
Just assume the foreigner is your business partner. ๐Ÿ˜„
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by Darnell9(m): 9:03pm On Mar 30, 2023
care4you:
Abacha with ugba and fried fish

don't make me lose control oooo
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by DannyWalker: 9:18pm On Mar 30, 2023
Draslo:
Spicy, smoky Yoruba Jollof rice and ram meat.

Make nobody quote me abeg. Na we get J-rice. Imposters call it Jellof ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿคญ Make no other geo political zone follow us drag that one too.
what is Yoruba jollof rice ๐Ÿ˜’ does the statement make sense to you.

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by Goodlady(f): 9:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
Ofada rice, kpomo and fried fish stew garnished with dodo
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by igben(m): 9:22pm On Mar 30, 2023
Ugbodo
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:24pm On Mar 30, 2023
MetroLane:
They

Must

Drink

Garri

and

Kuli Kuli ๐Ÿ˜ค
OG!
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by IkeIgboNile(m): 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2023
Well prepared Nkwobi and freshly tapped palm wine and they'll never want to leave again unless they're vegetarians.
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by olisaEze(m): 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2023
Depends on the person in particular. Oyinbo will definitely fall for our dodo, ie fried plantain, if itโ€™s not served greasy. If na akata donโ€™t even bother, just slice bread, slap a slab of dry tikko in between with a dash of ketchup and one green leaf, then seat back and watch dem praise your cooking skills! grin
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by ibtommy(m): 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2023
mariahAngel:

Why? ๐Ÿฅบ
cos it's yummy. Do you want?
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by Melagros(m): 9:47pm On Mar 30, 2023
Solofresh2:
Pounded yam with egusi soup
You said the real food
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by prciouschika(f): 9:51pm On Mar 30, 2023
Abacha and ukpa (African salad)
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by remsonik(f): 10:10pm On Mar 30, 2023
Amala, gbegiri and ewedu with alot of assorted meat.
Ofada rice with it's assorted stew
Roasted yam, fried fish with sauce
Re: Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) by osmosis101(m): 10:46pm On Mar 30, 2023
Concoction rice made with PALM OIL.......Chai,he go understand say naija no be play

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How do you make your noodles? (picture) / Where Does The Word 'garri' Come From? / Increase In The Price Of Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.