Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,741 members, 7,840,870 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

How To Find the Religious affiliation percentage if The Census Won't Ask - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Find the Religious affiliation percentage if The Census Won't Ask (671 Views)

Army Denies Detaining Musa Adamu Over Religious Affiliation / 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation / Jide Sanwoolu: Tinubu Won't Ask Me To Step Down For Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Find the Religious affiliation percentage if The Census Won't Ask by Blue3k(m): 6:07pm On Mar 30, 2023
Anyone that's interested in finding out what the religious affiliation break down of the population should make a FOIA request to National Identity Management Commission. If you've got an NIN number you'll know it's one of the questions they ask people to fill out. The information also segments state of origin and residence, so it should be accurate. Assuming they honor the FOIA request this would be a good estimate for the country.

Front page: Mynd44 Lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Find the Religious affiliation percentage if The Census Won't Ask by Blue3k(m): 6:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
Lol I hope they respect foia request. I do get tired of the howling retards on this website arguing endlessly about whether the religious affiliation is 50:50 Muslims to Christians or 60:40 Muslims to Christians in the country. At least if they answer you'll have a huge sample size and know everything down to what local government they live in.
Re: How To Find the Religious affiliation percentage if The Census Won't Ask by slimfit1(m): 6:53pm On Mar 30, 2023
We don't need to do any census please their is no point they are going to rig the census.
Re: How To Find the Religious affiliation percentage if The Census Won't Ask by mrrandomguy: 7:10pm On Mar 30, 2023
Christians are more in the South and middlebelt.

Btw, the people across the Niger, their goal is to Igbonise Yorubaland. What they failed to do during the civil war when they pushed West and were defeated in Ore is what they are attempting to do now with GRV.

1. GRV is 50% Igbo.
2. He married an igbo
3. His children are 75% Ibo, but will still bear the name Rhodes-vivour.
4. His children will now contest to be Governor of Lagos in future while claiming to be Yoruba.
5. Some of his children may be even married to Igbo.

They will do all they can to take over Lagos and their major weapon is inter-tribal marriage.

This same script is playing out in Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Oyo, Ogun and Yoruba speaking parts of Kwara and Kogi.

In fact I suspect Seun Osewa is 25% Yoruba, 75% Igbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Find the Religious affiliation percentage if The Census Won't Ask by Blue3k(m): 7:26pm On Mar 30, 2023
mrrandomguy:

They will do all they can to take over Lagos and their major weapon is inter-tribal marriage.

Lol, the middle belts religious affiliation is another classic debate amongst weirdos on this website.

Are you in support of anti miscegenation laws?
Re: How To Find the Religious affiliation percentage if The Census Won't Ask by mrrandomguy: 7:48pm On Mar 30, 2023
Blue3k:

Lol, the middle belts religious affiliation is another classic debate amongst weirdos on this website.

Are you in support of anti miscegenation laws?
It depends on the part of middlebelt actually.

What is miscegenation law?
Re: How To Find the Religious affiliation percentage if The Census Won't Ask by Blue3k(m): 7:51pm On Mar 30, 2023
mrrandomguy:
It depends on the part of middlebelt actually.

What is miscegenation law?

Anti miscegenation laws are laws that ban people of different ethnic groups or races from marriage. The goal is to prevent race or ethnic mixing.
Re: How To Find the Religious affiliation percentage if The Census Won't Ask by mrrandomguy: 7:57pm On Mar 30, 2023
Blue3k:

Anti miscegenation laws are laws that ban people of different ethnic groups or races from marriage. The goal is to prevent race or ethnic mixing.
I am not against it.
What we should have is a strict indigenship law whereby at least 3 of your grand parents must belong to a particular tribe before you can claim to be a member of that tribe. The laws should even be stricter for the royal families to prevent bloodline infiltration. The Fulanis of Nigeria understands this very well.
Re: How To Find the Religious affiliation percentage if The Census Won't Ask by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
I'm of the opinion that Christians has slightly population advantage over Muslims..

Reason been that Christians are overwhelming majority in SE & SS.. Slightly majority in SW & NC, and has an average numbers in 4 out of the remaining 13 states in NE & NW (Adamawa, Taraba, Gombe, & Kaduna states)..

Here in the north, they count Goats and Sheeps as human population. I am a first hand withness to this....
Around 2015/16 or so, when NPC wanted to conducted census.. They sent out some enumerators to take the numbers of Apartments in each compound here in Yola, Adamawa state. The day they came to our compound, I was the only one at home. They inquired from me, how many households are in our compound, I told the 3 (which is very correct) but looking around the compound, they saw two Batcher building with roofing sheets, one of the batcher is where we rear goats, the other is a packing store where do keep the chairs and canopines we do rentage with.. But right at me very before, they recorded these two batchers as human beings apartments and wrote 5 households in the books....

I'm damn sure that had it been census was later conducted that time, they would ascribe some numbers to those batcher stores.. And same this will be repeated this time around..
Re: How To Find the Religious affiliation percentage if The Census Won't Ask by Blue3k(m): 11:35am On Mar 31, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:
I'm of the opinion that Christians has slightly population advantage over Muslims..

Reason been that Christians are overwhelming majority in SE & SS.. Slightly majority in SW & NC, and has an average numbers in 4 out of the remaining 13 states in NE & NW (Adamawa, Taraba, Gombe, & Kaduna states)..

How did you arrive at this conclusion? Is this anecdotal information or did you get it empirically.
Re: How To Find the Religious affiliation percentage if The Census Won't Ask by grandstar(m): 1:41am On Apr 01, 2023
mrrandomguy:

Btw, the people across the Niger, their goal is to Igbonise Yorubaland. What they failed to do during the civil war when they pushed West and were defeated in Ore is what they are attempting to do now with GRV.

1. GRV is 50% Igbo.
2. He married an igbo
3. His children are 75% Ibo, but will still bear the name Rhodes-vivour.
4. His children will now contest to be Governor of Lagos in future while claiming to be Yoruba.
5. Some of his children may be even married to Igbo.

This same script is playing out in Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Oyo, Ogun and Yoruba speaking parts of Kwara and Kogi.

In fact I suspect Seun Osewa is 25% Yoruba, 75% Igbo.

Osewa sounds Edo and not Igbo.

Lineage here in Nigeria is paternal and not maternal. So, GRV is a Lagosian. since he and his kids bear his father's name.

Bukola Saraki claims to be Fulani. Yet, his grandfather was a Fulani from Mali who married a Yoruba woman from Iseyin and settled in Kwara State. Bukola's father also married a Yoruba woman, Bukola Saraki also married a Yoruba so his kids will only be 12 5% Fulani but claim they are Fulani

The name Saraki is actually a twist on the word Sarki.

1 Like

Re: How To Find the Religious affiliation percentage if The Census Won't Ask by Blue3k(m): 2:12pm On Apr 01, 2023
I really do t understand why the census wouldn't ask this question along with ethnic demographics. I've always said knowing this information is great, especially to understand disparities in income education, and crime. The crime statistics are hidden from the public but people don't care.
Re: How To Find the Religious affiliation percentage if The Census Won't Ask by tbarrister(m): 10:02pm On Apr 01, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

Here in the north, they count Goats and Sheeps as human population. I am a first hand withness to this....
Around 2015/16 or so, when NPC wanted to conducted census.. They sent out some enumerators to take the numbers of Apartments in each compound here in Yola, Adamawa state. The day they came to our compound, I was the only one at home. They inquired from me, how many households are in our compound, I told the 3 (which is very correct) but looking around the compound, they saw two Batcher building with roofing sheets, one of the batcher is where we rear goats, the other is a packing store where do keep the chairs and canopines we do rentage with.. But right at me very before, they recorded these two batchers as human beings apartments and wrote 5 households in the books....

I'm damn sure that had it been census was later conducted that time, they would ascribe some numbers to those batcher stores.. And same this will be repeated this time around..

Lol see arrogance and ignorance . Muslims are 95% of the northwest which is by far the most populous region The southwest is hard to decipher because places like oyo, osun have more muslims, places like ondo and ekiti have more Christians and the ogun have a split population

The North central is Muslim dominated and unlike the liberal southwest they play religious politics here and the last election was an example. Kogi, niger, kwara, nasarawa are Muslim dominated and thats why no matter the bad governance Muslims always emerge as governors here. You can check the senators too. Then Benue and plateau are Christian dominated..

There is no way the Christians can compete with the muslims in numbers due to polygamy in the north. Christians can only have a large population as the Muslims if they can ditch abortions and family planning.

Thank God for pvc and Nin and Bvn etc. The Southerners previously use to write inflated figures during election
Re: How To Find the Religious affiliation percentage if The Census Won't Ask by Blue3k(m): 6:59pm On Apr 02, 2023
tbarrister:

Lol see arrogance and ignorance . Muslims are 95% of the northwest which is by far the most populous region The southwest is hard to decipher because places like oyo, osun have more muslims, places like ondo and ekiti have more Christians and the ogun have a split population

The North central is Muslim dominated and unlike the liberal southwest they play religious politics here and the last election was an example. Kogi, niger, kwara, nasarawa are Muslim dominated and thats why no matter the bad governance Muslims always emerge as governors here. You can check the senators too. Then Benue and plateau are Christian dominated..

Lol I love how everyone Confidentiality proclaims these figures. What method did you decipher the 95% in The NW and why can't you replicate it in the SW? What makes the SW harder in particular.
Re: How To Find the Religious affiliation percentage if The Census Won't Ask by greatiyk4u(m): 7:18pm On Apr 02, 2023
By conjecture, there are far more Christians than muslims in Nigeria
Reasons, there is no LGA in Nigeria without indigenous Christians where as there are many LGA in the southeast/SS even states without Muslim indigenous people.

There is no state in Nigeria without average of 50k igbos, this is the reason state of origin, tribe and LG of origin are exempted in the sham census.

Without there parameters included, me and my household are not partaking
Re: How To Find the Religious affiliation percentage if The Census Won't Ask by tbarrister(m): 7:36pm On Apr 02, 2023
Blue3k:

Lol I love how everyone Confidentiality proclaims these figures. What method did you decipher the 95% in The NW and why can't you replicate it in the SW? What makes the SW harder in particular.

The southwest are a religious mix And its hard to see which religion has more adherents but in the northwest the whole 7 states are muslim majority. It would have been 99% if not for kaduna which has a sizeable Christian population of 35%-40%
Re: How To Find the Religious affiliation percentage if The Census Won't Ask by Blue3k(m): 10:03pm On Apr 02, 2023
greatiyk4u:

There is no state in Nigeria without average of 50k igbos, this is the reason state of origin, tribe and LG of origin are exempted in the sham census.

Without there parameters included, me and my household are not partaking

Well State of Origin and residence are included in the NIN. You could test out your hypothesis 50k Igbos live in every state. Again I just love how confidently you guys throw around these figures. At least you admit this is all conjecture on your part.

tbarrister:

The southwest are a religious mix And its hard to see which religion has more adherents but in the northwest the whole 7 states are muslim majority. It would have been 99% if not for kaduna which has a sizeable Christian population of 35%-40%

Are you telling me you arrived at your conclusions based on observations and or anecdotal evidence?

(1) (Reply)

Falz Calls Yakubu Mahmood "Fraudster" / APC Olamide Sulaimon Is A Nairalander whom I cursed with my blood . / President Elect Bola Tinubu Now Terrorizing Igbos In Their Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.