Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,029 members, 7,828,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

I Don't Like It That Third Parties Have Access To My Bio Data - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don't Like It That Third Parties Have Access To My Bio Data (392 Views)

Do Our Political Parties Have Ideologies? / Brief Bio-data Of People's Trust Presidential Candidate, Olawepo Hashim / Only 8 Parties Have Submitted Lists Of Candidates, Says INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Like It That Third Parties Have Access To My Bio Data by Goldmynemaniac: 9:48pm On Mar 30, 2023
I think the government should make it possible for every Nigerian to be able to register and validate NIN over the internet with their personal systems or phones.

I don't feel very safe having third parties have access to my bio data linked to my accounts. Once someone has access to your bvn, nin and a plethora of all your other details, what's to stop them not to attempt to hack your account? More like making them co-signatories to your account.

What's more unsettling is even that the fellow at the local government council, handling nin enrollment, asked for the bank I use in the course of conversation.

Imagine. Two different persons privy to all my data. One is doing enrollment, the other is doing registration and validation.

Something that one could easily do with phone camera and phone fingerprint scanner. Then government would have the data doubly encrypted.

Compromised data at point of registration could be behind illegal funds transfers from people's bank accounts.

This stuff is worrying me no sh!t.

Here is thread about about NiN registration yesterday:

https://www.nairaland.com/7632848/one-supposed-pay-nin-registration
Re: I Don't Like It That Third Parties Have Access To My Bio Data by Westerhoffe(m): 10:29pm On Mar 30, 2023
I had this similar discussion with someone some days ago.
The government should make it available to register from the comfort of one's home.

Afterall, fingerprints and facial recognition is available.
Uploading all necessary details and documents too will be easier.

Only that, some foreigners might take advantage of that situation to infiltrate and register as a Nigerian, unless their faces can be detected as a non Nigerian.
Re: I Don't Like It That Third Parties Have Access To My Bio Data by Goldmynemaniac: 11:35pm On Mar 30, 2023
BVN should be able to help with the case of foreigners registering.

I feel really unsafe that such persons as I mentioned should have access to all of my data like that.
Re: I Don't Like It That Third Parties Have Access To My Bio Data by finallybusy: 1:09am On Mar 31, 2023
Naija na scam on a regular day. It won’t shock me if this occurs. Stay alert to avoid touching stories.

(1) (Reply)

Passenger Causes Disruption On Flight With Political Outburst...(video/photo) / Court Of Appeal Should Transmit The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal Live / Injecting Local Language Into Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.