Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:48 AM

Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine (1246 Views)

Kalu Replies Onanuga On Peter Obi - Stop Lying, We Know Who Introduced Religio / Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless / Fake Photo Alert: Tinubu In Abuja Not In The United States - Bayo Onanuga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by iwaeda: 9:24am On Apr 01, 2023
OPEN LETTER TO BAYO ONANUGA

My dear Bayo,
I hope you are now happy and satisfied, that the National Broadcasting Commission(NBC) has sanctioned CHANNELS with a N5 million fine, following your petition over the Datti Ahmed’s interview on CHANNELS.

Chief Gani Fawehinmi and Dr Olu Onagoruwa ( both of blessed memories) were the best of friends for several years but that friendship was truncated when the latter decided to join the Abacha junta as the Attorney-General, churning out despicable Decrees. Their relationship ended and Gani publicly upbraided his erstwhile friend.

You and l have been friends for several years, fought many battles together against the military, particularly against their onslaught on the free press. I therefore feel terribly pained that l have to publicly upbraid you for your recent public statements, particularly your petition against CHANNELS tv, to the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC). Et tu, Bayo? I’m still trying to wrap my heads round your sudden 360 degrees against all you fought for under the military. You are yet to be in government and you have started exhibiting intolerance against the independent media, the same thing you fought for all your years, like Dr Onagoruwa did. I’m sure your principal, who has been a lover of free press, would be embarrassed by your position.

I watched the interview under reference and l must say, you are VERY UNFAIR to Seun Okinbaloye, the anchor man who repeatedly cautioned Datti Ahmed for making some seemingly inciting comments, to the anger and discomfiture of Datti Ahmed. So, in all conscience, what then is the basis of your petition to the NBC? Can you compare that to your recent incendiary post against an ethnic group? Why are you making enemies for your principal, instead of friends, in a country so polarized? While your principal is preaching unity and healing, you are busy trying to make more enemies for him. Yesterday, it was ARISE, today, it is CHANNELS. Is that a foretaste of what to experience in the incoming government? So, we should be fixated on NTA and TVC, isn’t that what you are trying to tell proverbially? To say that I’m totally embarrassed by your silly conduct, would be stating it mildly.

For eight years, despite all vitriolic attacks on the president, Femi Adesina, as Special Adviser, Media to the president, did not petition against any medium but you wey never enter, don dey censor the media. What a shame! I can expect the disaster that awaits us if you become the presidential spokesperson. Do l subscribe to unfettered press freedom? No. I believe every freedom comes with responsibility. However, when you create a perception that the incoming government would be intolerant of the free press, we need to sound the alarm bell.

My dear Bayo, it is often said that until a man tastes power or has access to money, you can’t judge his character. That may not be totally true because one of our mutual friends, Tunji Bello, has tasted both but has been his normal self that l have known for over three decades. His decent character has not changed, in and out of government. So, could it be that your real character is just unfolding? Just because you are now at the periphery of power, you are ready to obliterate all the values and principles you held all these years. What a shame!

TAKE NOTICE that we would fight this your planned “insurrection” against the independent media the way we, including you, fought Abacha’s dictatorship against the media.

RICHARD AKINNOLA

Postscriptum: Before l wrote this open letter, l had informed some of our mutual friends, so that they won’t feel embarrassed.

https://www.facebook.com/100004999711703/posts/pfbid02Ymie85ZYuPdnDMz7dxnrxXzwsTYNj8nnrxDfHx8NjSsoJSp4X7pUfbq8q6jBtN8Fl/?mibextid

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by iwaeda: 9:33am On Apr 01, 2023
Freedom of speech will be taken away under APC. Sorry for twiter, Facebook and NL in advance. Same people that claimed to fight military are opposed to truth. grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by Odin13: 9:35am On Apr 01, 2023
They just hate what they always give without qualms
Give them same … you hear their insecured voice sing to high heaven ..

They will deploy every dead and living to fight that which they give others .. and others oveelook..

What they don’t know is that Nigerians are waiting for them..

And e go shock them very well.. in their little mind they’ve come to believe .. they’re winning .. grin

It will be clear

It will be so rapid that nobody of them can explain.. and worst .. the very people they count .. will be the first humans to bail..

Even on Nairaland you see and read post.. grin you see their “ acts and insecurities “

Nigerians must all remember how it started .. only wish some humans from others will learn… from their mistakes of the past.
But they’ve not and have failed to learn.. and still failing to acknowledge their failures .. this is what’s keeping the country back.. and given muscles to houseflies that now see themselves as eagles ..

Time is all what it takes .. but if the rain must come .. yes it will .. and will come with thunderstorms

Na time

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by ELOGBO: 9:36am On Apr 01, 2023
Hmmmmmmmmm wahala, press freedom very very necessary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by helinues: 9:37am On Apr 01, 2023
I still wondering how Apc came up with the likes of FFK, Onanuga and Keyamo.

Those people never care
Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by iwaeda: 9:40am On Apr 01, 2023
helinues:
I still wondering how Apc came up with the likes of FFK, Onanuga and Keyamo.

Those people never care

You of all people. grin grin grin grin angry

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by helinues: 9:42am On Apr 01, 2023
iwaeda:

You of all people. grin grin grin grin angry

We no be una who is always emotional about little things

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by Odin13: 9:46am On Apr 01, 2023
Stoking the fire of disintegration on one hand and claiming innocence of the situations which they created on the other is not diplomacy….. all Nigerians sees through their act ..

Just like 66” they’re pushing .. and will be the first to fold hand to watch… hmmm

But they forgot to forget that all Nigerians tribes has learnt the lessons of 66” even tho history is ban.. they know… they still remember the contributions of the media owned and dominated by their acts ..

Today the see friendship wit those they abused and cursed for long .. believing that human psychology is advantageous to them .. but that where they failed

Nigerians are woken .. even the quiteness in the country is pointing to that.. every spirit wants a revolution .. from east to west .. north to south.. many standing and sitting on the fence are about taking sides .. why others are roaring already

A peaceful Nigeria is all we want .. a country that everyone will see everybody as one .. a country we re all free to live and love .. you can’t be blowing hot and cold at same time

Nigerians are getting tired

If you’re a traveler that moves around this country .. to well.. you will believe me that Nigerians are tired .. and just need a spark

Citzens must be careful

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by hakym619(m): 9:48am On Apr 01, 2023
Hello readers.
I'm writing to announce that i need a vacant accommodation at any of the listed :

Awoyaya

Abijo

Sangotedo

Or

Ajah.

I want boys quarter or self contain single room.
Maximum strength is 200k - 220k for complete package.

Please, attend to my message if you've got any.

Reason for planning of relocation to any the above listed locations is because I hsvr Job offers from Lekki/Ajah.

Make una no let me loose this Job . 😭
Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by Bobloco: 9:50am On Apr 01, 2023
Bayo is now swimming in drug money, he is now working for a Notorious narcotic drug trafficker the city of Chicago has ever known

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by magoo10(m): 9:53am On Apr 01, 2023
The likes of Onanuga thinks money is everything, the money given you today will finish and your generation to come will curse you for selling their future.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by iwaeda: 10:00am On Apr 01, 2023
hakym619:
Hello readers.
I'm writing to announce that i need a vacant accommodation at any of the listed :

Awoyaya

Abijo

Sangotedo

Or

Ajah.

I want boys quarter or self contain single room.
Maximum strength is 200k - 220k for complete package.

Please, attend to my message if you've got any.

Reason for planning of relocation to any the above listed locations is because I hsvr Job offers from Lekki/Ajah.

Make una no let me loose this Job . 😭

And you want to go and waste your time in holdup. Look for Badore, Abraham Adesanya, Igbo-Efon, Agungi Ajiran, but I doubt your budget. grin grin grin grin
Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by iwaeda: 10:01am On Apr 01, 2023
helinues:

We no be una who is always emotional about little things
grin grin angry grin
Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by hakym619(m): 10:01am On Apr 01, 2023
iwaeda:

And you want to go and waste your time in holdup. Look for Badore, Abraham Adesanya, Igbo-Efon, Agungi Ajiran, but I doubt your budget. grin grin grin grin

Hold up ?
As in ?
Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by Kukutenla: 10:06am On Apr 01, 2023
Truth be told, all this talk of he fought for democracy is now beginning to look like blackmail to stratify Nigerians.
I begin to see they wanted the military out not because they believed in freedom or democracy but because they wanted power for themselves and their kind.
The ethnic baiting, tyranny and totalitarianism is a sign this guys are not democrats neither do they believe in democracy. They only believe in acquisition and application of power

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by Jlow2: 10:07am On Apr 01, 2023
If tinubu is eventually sworn in people including yorubas not supporting apc will see shege, we recommend shouting fulani, wait for this pple and see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by Lovelive: 10:32am On Apr 01, 2023
Jlow2:
If tinubu is eventually sworn in people including yorubas not supporting apc will see shege, we recommend shouting fulani, wait for this pple and see
Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 01, 2023
I think they should take NCC to court, is been long since this regulatory body has exercising blind power, let channels turn d case upside down now and sue NCC to court, let the court decide what regulation of media is from clamping down on dissident voices, and encouraging and enthronement of Stalin like country, there's a thin fine line btw independence and free press and dictatorship from regulatory agencies, NCC should be taken to court

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by iwaeda: 11:58am On Apr 01, 2023
Colour riot
grin grin grin
Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by Racoon(m): 12:04pm On Apr 01, 2023
Et tu, Bayo? I’m still trying to wrap my heads round your sudden 360 degrees against all you fought for under the military. You are yet to be in government and you have started exhibiting intolerance against the independent media.

The same thing you fought for all your years, like Dr Onagoruwa did. I’m sure your principal, who has been a lover of free press, would be embarrassed by your position.
All of them from Tinubu, Bayo Onanuga, Festus Keyamo, Prof Sagay all claiming democratic activists but have long become ruthless tyrannical rascals who are doing the worse things now.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by iwaeda: 1:40pm On Apr 01, 2023
Racoon:
All of them from Tinubu, Bayo Onanuga, Festus Keyamo, Prof Sagay all claiming democratic activists but have long become ruthless tyrannical rascals who are doing the worse things now.
They are anti democracy. Reason I will always respect GEJ. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by hedonido: 1:59pm On Apr 01, 2023
iwaeda:

They are anti democracy. Reason I will always respect GEJ. grin grin grin grin grin

Some of us fought tooth and nail to ensure that GEJ continued in power, because we recognised the stabilising effect of his democratic and very tolerant and accommodating nature for the polity. I'm not sure we will enjoy that kind of stability again in the near future. Just look at how polarized and volatile the country is now - which would get worse in the unlikely event that Tinubu becomes president.
Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by iwaeda: 2:19pm On Apr 01, 2023
hedonido:

Some of us fought tooth and nail to ensure that GEJ continued in power, because we recognised the stabilising effect of his democratic and very tolerant and accommodating nature for the polity. I'm not sure we will enjoy that kind of stability again in the near future. Just look at how polarized and volatile the country is now - which would get worse in the unlikely event that Tinubu becomes president.
Very right. grin angry grin
Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by Image123(m): 2:26pm On Apr 01, 2023
hedonido:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27749024
Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by Goke7: 2:30pm On Apr 01, 2023
Shebi Bayo has been reported to ICC nah so what’s all these noise about
Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by FreeStuffsNG: 3:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
Jlow2:
It is now when and after ,not if.

Asiwaju will be sworn in and Richard can keep playing.

It is obvious he is not a friend of Bayo like that but famzing. Richard never worked for the victory and mandate of Asiwaju, in fact he lost by supporting opponents of Asiwaju , so he could not understand why we are jealously guiding Asiwaju's mandate from the Richards and co who want to steal Asiwaju's mandate.
Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by iwaeda: 7:36pm On Apr 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
It is now when and after ,not if.

It is obvious he is not a friend of Bayo like that but famzing. Richard never worked for the victory and mandate of Asiwaju, in fact he lost by supporting opponents of Asiwaju , so he could not understand why we are jealously guiding Asiwaju's mandate from the Richards and co who want to steal Asiwaju's mandate.

You don't Richard Akinnola, not freestuff like you. grin grin grin grin
Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by greatiyk4u(m): 8:39am On Apr 02, 2023
There is no way the Tinubu's presidency won't be against the freedom of the press since everything about Tinubu is fake,
His real name
Origin
Educational background
Whereabouts
Health status
Et. al
Re: Open Letter To Bayo Onanuga On Channels TV's Fine by greatiyk4u(m): 8:43am On Apr 02, 2023
[quote author=FreeStuffsNG post=122220415] It is now when and after ,not if.

It is obvious he is not a friend of Bayo like that but famzing. Richard never worked for the victory and mandate of Asiwaju, in fact he lost by supporting opponents of Asiwaju , so he could not understand why we are jealously guiding Asiwaju's mandate from the Richards and co who want to steal Asiwaju's mandate.[/quote]

Does Tinubu have any mandate to steal in the first place?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Don't Want An Unidentifiable Flying Object As A President - Arise TV / SEE Tinubu's Monthly Take Home Pay (salary) As President / Kano-maradi Rail, Site Clearance Has Been Done By 2 Chinese Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.