Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday (20099 Views)

LCC To Commence Tolling On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge On April 1st. / Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) / Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by naptu2: 2:56pm On Apr 01, 2023
Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday

By Oluwatobi Aworinde
Updated April 1, 2023

Motorists are implored to be patient as the measures taken are aimed at providing quality and safe road infrastructure for everyone.

The Lagos State Government says rehabilitation work will be carried out on the Third Mainland Bridge on Sunday (tomorrow) to repair identified failed/peeled asphaltic sections.

The state Commissioner for Transportation, Dr. Frederic Oladeinde, in a statement on Saturday, disclosed traffic diversion plans for the rehabilitation process occurring between 9 am and 4 pm.

Citing the readiness of the Lagos State Public Works Corporation to carry out the project, Oladeinde explained that traffic would be diverted from one lane to another lane at the identified failed asphaltic sections on the bridge.

He added that this was expedient to solve tailbacks along the bridge at the peak periods as a result of the failed sections.

Oladeinde assured Lagosians that the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) would be “fully” on the ground to direct traffic to ameliorate the inconveniences.

The statement further implored motorists to be patient as the measures taken are aimed at providing quality and safe road infrastructure for everyone.

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/04/01/lagos-govt-to-repair-third-mainland-bridge-on-sunday/

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by naptu2: 2:56pm On Apr 01, 2023
Jubril A. Gawat @Mr_JAGs

FLASH: The Lagos State Public Works Corporation @LSPWC_Official will repair the identified failed/peeled asphaltic sections of the Third Mainland Bridge, traffic diversion plan for the rehabilitation process which is between 9:00am to 4:00pm tomorrow, Sunday, 2nd April, 2023.

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1642088811977900032

Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by Octopusssy(f): 2:58pm On Apr 01, 2023
Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by Atarakpa: 3:44pm On Apr 01, 2023
Long over due. Federal government and fashola fall my hand on this third mainland bridge. Bridge that is been maintained every year by FG in the days of pdp.

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by AbleChuks1(m): 3:44pm On Apr 01, 2023
Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by samwillyco1(m): 3:44pm On Apr 01, 2023
Is this why they wanted the bus drivers to be paying 30k per days
Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by illuminutty: 3:45pm On Apr 01, 2023
Only in Lagos will you see pot holes 🕳 on bridges and flyovers. Some sections of the bridge are so bad that if you are not used to driving on that route and you are a speed rider like me, you would crash and burn.

Bridge built by federal government but the state cannot maintain it because the senile old corrupt and greedy heroin trafficker will not allow his selected governors to use the funds meant for the development of the state to be used but transfer them to his drug associates in Colombia 🇨🇴 and Bolivia 🇧🇴.

19 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by accordadoga26(f): 3:45pm On Apr 01, 2023
Lagos is working.

Development is what we want to keep seeing.

As for the ones from the potopoto region who want Lagos to burn down, God will not allow them.

Eko oni baje

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by Dialpad: 3:45pm On Apr 01, 2023
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by Serviceweb: 3:45pm On Apr 01, 2023
Noted
Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by ComptonGee: 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
Keep up the good work in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by Senkasa(m): 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
No man's land

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by Switruth: 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
This thread is a good one but wait for tribalists now to derail it. Just watch and see. They’re coming.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by leroi01(m): 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
Guys with supercars have probably complained to their dad's that they they can no longer race , on what used to be the best "road" in town.

So , it will be fixed. After which they will close it periodically for maintenance ( racing).

While you lot are diverted to alternative routes.

The things they've approved in this city...

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
Gaskiya sentiments aside, Lagos is far ahead of other states, I really wish other state's governors can emulate and replicate what's in Lagos.

I honestly wish we can operate a system of government where every state provides what they will use in their state, it will help to make governors to think outside the box on how to generate revenue also, it will breed healthy competition amongst states.

I really wish cry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by Switruth: 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
Senkasa:
No man's land
Una don start. Na waooo

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by BerniceIma: 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
Why are they always repairing this particular bridge?
Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by Omoikarekimire(m): 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2023
Anyone that can do car port to message me now for work around Ifo. Ogun state.
Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by Senkasa(m): 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2023
Switruth:
Una don start. Na waooo

Did I lie?
Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2023
Always. Agbero state
Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by Switruth: 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2023
accordadoga26:
Lagos is working.

Development is what we want to keep seeing.

As for the ones from the potopoto region who want Lagos to burn down, God won't allow you.

Eko oni baje
you deserve to be flogged very well with good horse whip for starting a tribal war here.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by adeoba2008(m): 3:48pm On Apr 01, 2023
Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by Chetas81(m): 3:48pm On Apr 01, 2023
Who can stop the fraud of the third mainland bridge LAGOS GOVERNMENT AND THEIR YEARLY BUDGET FOR BRIDGE
Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by FalseProphet1(m): 3:48pm On Apr 01, 2023
When are they going to finish repairing Eko bridge. The traffic there is terrible.

This I have seen.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by KanuSE: 3:49pm On Apr 01, 2023
Why announce it, just get to work already.

Nonsense and Buhari.
Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by Enddy50ty(m): 3:49pm On Apr 01, 2023
That’s what is expected from a government. But they should have started work as early as yesterday night because I’m sure this one they’re starting tomorrow will drag till Monday morning thereby causing heavy gridlock on your way to work and back.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by sirblend: 3:49pm On Apr 01, 2023
The only way to decongest Lagos is for every governors in Nigeria to develop their state...

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by faithfull18(f): 3:50pm On Apr 01, 2023
Okay.
Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by Father4all: 3:50pm On Apr 01, 2023
Lagos state Government always wants to outshine the Federal Government in all things about Lagos. Third mainland bridge belongs to the Federal Government. Although, they are trying sha. They want to take the glory, but later, they will say Federal Government should balance them grin
Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by Ndleabilli: 3:51pm On Apr 01, 2023
I wish you a very warm and joyful new month,

I recently relocated to Lagos and I'm actively seeking job opportunities as a HND holder in Metallurgical Engineering with completed NYSC and skills in website design, PHP/Laravel, UIUX and graphics design. I am open to any work opportunities and Please contact me by replying this comment
Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by richard870(m): 3:51pm On Apr 01, 2023
Another scheduled maintenance to scoop public funds.. How many times since 2010...clowns!!!
Re: Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday by EshjayLee(m): 3:51pm On Apr 01, 2023
Huge amount of money was spent on this road rehabilitation last year, they spent almost 2 months doing that. The end result was very poor. This construction 🚧 workers are quack.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed / Uncharged Cellphones Banned On US Flights From Africa And Asia / Lack Of Passport Machines At Nigerian Embassy In Qatar Leads To Deportations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.