Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,555 members, 7,861,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:47 PM

When I Got My Car. The Engine Light Was Constantly On - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / When I Got My Car. The Engine Light Was Constantly On (935 Views)

Tips On Buying A Used Mercedes Benz Car - The Pros And Cons / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know / A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When I Got My Car. The Engine Light Was Constantly On by AutoManual: 3:14pm On Apr 01, 2023
I bought a scanner but I couldn't used it. There was cover that cover the ODB2 port and I couldn't open it. So I just first leave it like that. I ask my mechanic of the engine light that is constantly showing he said that's how it should be. If the engine doesn't show the car will not move. He said if the engine light is blinking that when there is problem.

I have been using the car like that but the way its consuming fuel. I had to vex and find way to remove the cover.

I scanned the car and found a problem.

Cylinder 1, 3 & 4 misfire.

I showed it to my mechanic and told him that I did research that the engine light is not surpose to show constant.

He said on Tuesday we will fix it. He said it's likely the Plug or nosole. How do I know it's the plug. Can fuel pump cause it? Also what could make 3 cylinders to misfire?

I use a V6 and 3 cylinder from it is misfiring. Is this enough reason to consume fuel? If I fix it will there be much improvement?
Re: When I Got My Car. The Engine Light Was Constantly On by Mkelv0106(m): 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2023
Nawa. So op, when you see red flag you no go know. Your mechanic telling you your engine check light is suppose to be on at all time, and you still won give am Ur car to fix. Person dey show you he incompetence already, you no won run. That mechanic go turn Ur car to jalapi. Better go find urself a mechanic that knows what he's doing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Got My Car. The Engine Light Was Constantly On by vivalavida(m): 5:51pm On Apr 01, 2023
Seems you love attention a lot. I don't see the need for you to create multiple threads. You can maintain just one thread or go to car talk section and state your problem under the hinda thread there since you bought a honda car.

1 Like

Re: When I Got My Car. The Engine Light Was Constantly On by AutoManual: 8:14pm On Apr 01, 2023
vivalavida:
Seems you love attention a lot. I don't see the need for you to create multiple threads. You can maintain just one thread or go to car talk section and state your problem under the hinda thread there since you bought a honda car.
guy it's not a must to comment. You could just waker pass. Nairaland is free so you shouldn't open my thread since you have nothing to say.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Got My Car. The Engine Light Was Constantly On by AutoManual: 8:14pm On Apr 01, 2023
[qote author=vivalavida post=122223848]Seems you love attention a lot. I don't see the need for you to create multiple threads. You can maintain just one thread or go to car talk section and state your problem under the hinda thread there since you bought a honda car.[/quote] it look like my scanner erase the error code.

And I drove the car with AC blasting. But the engine light didn't appear. I don't know if it will appear again or how soon it will appear?
Re: When I Got My Car. The Engine Light Was Constantly On by AutoManual: 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2023
The engine light appears again today.

Tomorrow i shall look into it.
Re: When I Got My Car. The Engine Light Was Constantly On by Angrygoat: 7:01pm On Apr 03, 2023
If you crank your car twice or more than,before it starts then the plugs are bad. Check if the plugs are the same spec for engine. If not na misfire upon misfire . Also real plugs for v6 costs 60k upwards, fake China clones will cost u 10k
Re: When I Got My Car. The Engine Light Was Constantly On by AutoManual: 6:27pm On Apr 05, 2023
Angrygoat:
If you crank your car twice or more than,before it starts then the plugs are bad. Check if the plugs are the same spec for engine. If not na misfire upon misfire . Also real plugs for v6 costs 60k upwards, fake China clones will cost u 10k
the car start at once.

(1) (Reply)

The 5 Best And Worst Model Years Of The Toyota Corolla / Can Someone Recommend A Bmw Spare Parts Dealer Please / How Good/reliable Is Ford Escape 2004

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.