Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? (22640 Views)

What Quotes Motivates You While You Work? / Are You Happy Where You Work Currently? / Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Rapmoney(m): 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2023
It is a normal work rule for employees not to use mobile phones during work hours, except using mobile phones is part of your job description.

However, due to the fact that some employees tend to flout the rule, some employers, especially in one-man businesses, have deemed it fit to ask employees to submit their phones when they arrive work in the morning and collect back after work.

As a worker, can you work in a place where it is required that you submit your phone?

Drop your opinion.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by nkemjacob2(m): 5:53pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rapmoney:
It is a normal work rule for employees not to use mobile phones during work hours, except using mobile phones is part of your job description.

However, due to the fact that some employees tend to flout the rule, some employers, especially in one-man businesses, have deemed it fit to ask employees to submit their phones when they arrive work in the morning and collect back after work.

As a worker, can you work in a place where it is required that you submit your phone?

Drop your opinion.

Cc: Seun, Nlfpmod, Mynd44, Lalasticlala
my work place we don't use phone but we snick it in secretly.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by muyico(m): 6:14pm On Apr 01, 2023
Modern slavery

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by eleniyan2020: 6:18pm On Apr 01, 2023
On top 50k salary!

164 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Promotions: 6:44pm On Apr 01, 2023
Yes I can as long as the pay is worth it

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Evestar200(f): 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2023
I can't.

Are you going to be busy all through the working hours?

12 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by booksbo0k(f): 7:39pm On Apr 01, 2023
Never... That is nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by SpartaOfLagos: 7:39pm On Apr 01, 2023
Which kind work be that undecided

19 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Wawelexy(m): 7:39pm On Apr 01, 2023
Not anymore....

Any work related to production doesn't allow the use of phones.... But Nigerians can be sturborn reason why employer collect phones before you assume work or when caught with phone...

But sincerely it doesn't make sense, one can have an emergency and the only means to reach that person has been blocked...

UAC Foods that year, supervisor cease my phone taya....

41 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by ogoloray(m): 7:39pm On Apr 01, 2023
I've always thought of jobs like that to be weird and disgusting... I mean, what if an emergency call comes thru? Perhaps a call that could save your life, or change your life for good...

I honestly feel it's not worth it!

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by FunkeAyorinde: 7:39pm On Apr 01, 2023
grin grin

It depends on the nature of the job. If phones will interfere with the equipment of the work environment then no need to operate phone while working.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by flexyrule(m): 7:39pm On Apr 01, 2023
U no ready be that.

When you have mouths to feed, bills to pay and family responsibilities, having a phone while at work will be the least of your problems.

What am I even saying?

If you were a military personnel drafted to the warfront, would you even be thinking of your phone?

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Lucasinho(m): 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2023
cheesy

I want to start doing it to the boys under me at my work place....

Pressing of phones and chit chatting is really distracting them. At times I have to scream their names.... angry

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by ikcid: 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2023
Except they pay in Dollars. A friend turned down an opportunity with such condition, even when the pay was 180k net grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2023
grin Why not ?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by jamesversion: 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2023
Does a jobless fellow have much choices?

People would do almost anyting to earn a living.

16 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by flexyrule(m): 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rapmoney:

Drop your opinion.
What if it was an oil rig?

4 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
I know of places that do so and the people I've spoken to that work there are actually okay with it. However in cases where it doesn't affect work efficiency, I don't think it's necessary.

Personally, I can work in such a place as I don't use my phone most times, except at nights

(Let me add that use of phones during work can be a distraction in some cases. Ever been to a bank and the bank teller is using you guys to chat on WhatsApp and smiling? Access bank comes to mind)

6 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Neweramify(f): 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
Only if the pay worth it, Yes.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Robnectar(m): 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Skillsnigeria: 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
Hmmm, I can't
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by fola2222: 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
If it is stated in the company rules and regulation.

One thing is that we are too addicted to phone.

People uses phone is some funny places such as
Toilet, on boat, even while on sick bed in hospital etc. Some sleeping dose at night is phone. They press till they get asleep...

Even couples are addicted to their phones on bedroom than their spouse

Let guide our self while using our cell phone

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Oluwadara1(f): 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
Sure, why not
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by merits(m): 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
Rapmoney:

Drop your opinion.

Hmmn

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by aikyg(m): 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
How much are they paying? For the right amount, "Yes."

3 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by GreenCovering: 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2023
A friend who worked in a top IT firm in Abuja back then was under this rule every time I tried to reach him.
Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by ComputerOperato: 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2023
Sure.
I did before ( for a short time).
Telecommunications.

Unless you're a trader (forex, crypto etc) or something that requires that your phone be with you always, nothing special in it.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by OfeAchi: 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2023
During working hours, you are not meant to operate phones, except you are into phone repairs.
Every professional organisation has a break period. Use this period to play with your phone. Otherwise, face your work! You're being paid for those hours.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by olisefom: 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2023
Let me give op expo. Every noncore staff in Nigerian banks are required to. Very disgusting!

One of the reasons I resigned.

1 Like

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Yugoslavia247(m): 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2023
Phones are a great distraction. Since you can not control it. They will help you control it.

Focus.

Some jobs are highly confidential. Security purposes too.

Always remember that if you had a business you will do same.

Always put yourself in the shoes of the business owners

4 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by Softhands(m): 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2023
booksbo0k:
On top how much? undecided Unless you want to be paying me 10M+ a month, I can't try it. That is modern day slavery...
10m monthly? Where u wan see that kind job?

6 Likes

Re: Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? by destiny4luv(m): 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2023
I work in a life plant, ( phones and any other electromagnetic devices are not allowed inside a life plant it can cause explosion 💥) before work in the morning everyone drops their phone at the security stand, u only have access to ur phone when going for lunch and during closing hour.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much / How To Start A Presentation That Will Capture Your Audience / Top Black CEOs At Global Corporations And Lessons From Their Careers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.