Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon (22051 Views)

Fellow Job Hunters Please Help / 4 Shocking Facts About Lying On Your CV Every Job Seeker Should Know / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by yemi1504: 11:44am On Apr 04, 2023
Hezzyluv:

If you know wetin my eyes see because l like showing comparison to persons, you wouldn't believe it. I'm even shy of telling people my ordeals because they will see me as a fool. Regardless, it never stop me from rendering assistance to people because it's just part of me.

God and nature sees your heart towards him, I believe you will back what he has stolen in folds.

Your type of heart is only for abroad people, no try am here! I was like that before, but I have changed due to this people here.

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by WantsandMore: 11:45am On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

Yeah but they it is improper to exercise under such condition.
I agree. Doesn't mk sense.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Learner247: 11:46am On Apr 04, 2023
Tallesty1:
But you are not the guy and one will definitely meet ten guys like him before meeting someone like you.

You don't help when you don't have, the OP doesn't have.

Sincerely, that money is supposed to be inside his jeans small pocket.

Let me tell you how an average Nigerian reasons, this includes your family and mine.

If you give a Nigerian 1K, he or she will think you have a minimum of 20k somewhere because they won't part with 1K if they don't have at least 10K.

That guy didn't believe that the N5h was the OP's last money.

You guys can keep telling him that he did well to make him feel good but deep down you all won't give out your last N500 to a stranger to go and get change while you are being interviewed.

Letting him step out of sight with that money was careless.

Your logic is correct. However, there are people whose nature isn't just like that. They believe in humanity even if they have been betrayed before. One may say they are not logical, or that they are careless, but they don't intend to be. Once they see people in need, they respond without looking back.

In my experience, I can guarantee that the guy who went away with that money will NEVER be as successful as the guy he took it from.

2 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 11:46am On Apr 04, 2023
Thanksful:

If I was the owner of the company, I would not employ you. You lack real sense.

Really?
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by yemi1504: 11:47am On Apr 04, 2023
Caaz:
Been nice most times is a curse.i have had lots of regretful experiences.

One I helped recently when hunger wanted finishing his destiny,had the gut to credit my money inside my acct with fake alert.

Today he still came to asked for #500 to feed.
I opted sending my kid to go give him food.
To help some sets of humans dey very frustrating wallaihi.

Nice heart for 9ja here? Tahhh! This place na jungle with jungle minds.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

Really?

Yes! How can you not allow someone you want to help to wait till you are ready to help. You will rather wait till the person is ready to accept your assistance.

Oga you never ready to make money.

Them no dey make money with this kind mindset

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Slurity(m): 11:50am On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

It's is pasted just above. Thank you as you are led by the spirit to assist.
Just 2k sent. just manage it. Dont stop helping people. it pays.

3 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 11:52am On Apr 04, 2023
Desusi:

Wow!Nigerian! Sometimes, l used to wonder who bewitched us for all these evils.We are not trustworthy, reliable, faithful and dependable. Sorry my brother, all men are not the same. I was to collect my balance from a fellow passenger on a public bus when we got to our final destination as a result of the pairing made by conductor. As soon as we alighted from the bus,the young man quickly came down and disappeared like a lightning.!

I can understand this. Some people are just something else. What would the common change do for him and for how long?
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Olumeme: 11:53am On Apr 04, 2023
You are not a nice person, you are a mumu.
How do you think he was planning to go home before?
So maybe he initiated contact with you to beg for money.

Also, what happens, if the interview do not go the way you wanted and you needed to spend extra?

Next time, wise up, you should never ever try to be anyone's mesiah.

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by gerizzim: 11:55am On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:
I have noticed that some Nigerians have a way of putting all the blames on politicians as the ones destroying the country when they themselves are equally contributing.

A fellow job seeker turned back and do evil to me for the good intention I had for him. I was only trying to be a human which of course I always try to be no matter how tight it is with me. Not as though I have but I would share the little i have when I see someone so in need.

I met this guy in an interview venue and we got talking based on job search experiences, how we got to hear about the very one we were at, about the company, tips we can use to perform better in the interview and all that.

I think we were more than 40 in that place and interview was based on first come, you pick a number based on your arrival time and wait to be called in.

So the guy went in first before me, and came out to meet me waiting. On coming out, I tried to ask him to hint me based on some questions asked inside. The interview was scheduled for 10am but it started way late, around to 12pm. So not long after which he came out, he started complaining of hunger. I told him I am hungry too, and truly nothing entered my mouth that morning, so I was seriously hungry too. From hunger, he brought in the issue of how he managed to get to the venue due to lack of transport fare. He then asked me if I can assist with any amount to pay his way back. To be very open with him, I removed the last N500 that was with me and showed him. I told him I am the same. We are all struggling as we don't have a job yet. In fact, why I have N500 in my pocket is because I woke up early enough to prepare which I partly trekked to the place just to save some expenses. Just because I saw frustration in him and the humanity in me won't let me be, I wanted to give him N150 from the money while I keep N350 for myself. From our conversation, my distance was even farer than his.

So I wanted to go out with him to go look for change but just then, it was my turn to go in for the interview. Already the money was in his hand, so he said I should go in for my interview while he goes out to look for change and come back. I thought I was dealing with a human being, not knowing I was making a mistake. Leaving him with the money was the mistake I made. I'm only human after all, and I have learnt my lesson but it won't stop me from being good.

To cut the story short, that guy ran away with my only N500. That was all that was with me in and out. I mean home and abroad, all with me was the N500. Account balance looks like a radio frequency - 87.9. Laughable. So nothing was reachable any where else but even after telling him, he still decided to pay me back with evil.

To think he is a job seeker and he still behave that way, I won't curse him even though he succeeded in making me trek for more than 2 hours, going home with an empty stomach.

May he reap whatever he sows. I'm sure he won't come back to the place even if he's called up for the job, which I doubt though. And I pray I am shortlisted for the job, to bring joy to me.

Although a sad one for me but I pity his life.

everybody prays or at least desire to always meet an helper all the tym. But wen we meet one, we stil wnt to play smart Nd do tortoise sense on the helper.

A lady employee were I work joined the company . we became frnds wit time. she walked up to me one day and said she was hungry.
Out of my church mind, I asked her , what do you want to eat? she mentioned rice, beans.....bla bla bla. I handed her money and told her to buy Nd bring me back the change.
this lady dint show up wit d change for a long time after she left wit d money. Wen I saw her the next day, I asked her. she switch over to the usual women antics and wayo. "Ooooooh , I am sorry. I spent all the money. she said it sheepishly wit one innocent face without any remorse.

I was shock. I mean shock like buhari. I just look her ,smile one wicked smile Nd walk away. I had to cut her off.

since then,I reduce giving and if at all i want to help na to give you the exact change I have wit me or I tell you say I no get.

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by dannex4adx(m): 11:59am On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:
I have noticed that some Nigerians have a way of putting all the blames on politicians as the ones destroying the country when they themselves are equally contributing.

A fellow job seeker turned back and do evil to me for the good intention I had for him. I was only trying to be a human which of course I always try to be no matter how tight it is with me. Not as though I have but I would share the little i have when I see someone so in need.

I met this guy in an interview venue and we got talking based on job search experiences, how we got to hear about the very one we were at, about the company, tips we can use to perform better in the interview and all that.

I think we were more than 40 in that place and interview was based on first come, you pick a number based on your arrival time and wait to be called in.

So the guy went in first before me, and came out to meet me waiting. On coming out, I tried to ask him to hint me based on some questions asked inside. The interview was scheduled for 10am but it started way late, around to 12pm. So not long after which he came out, he started complaining of hunger. I told him I am hungry too, and truly nothing entered my mouth that morning, so I was seriously hungry too. From hunger, he brought in the issue of how he managed to get to the venue due to lack of transport fare. He then asked me if I can assist with any amount to pay his way back. To be very open with him, I removed the last N500 that was with me and showed him. I told him I am the same. We are all struggling as we don't have a job yet. In fact, why I have N500 in my pocket is because I woke up early enough to prepare which I partly trekked to the place just to save some expenses. Just because I saw frustration in him and the humanity in me won't let me be, I wanted to give him N150 from the money while I keep N350 for myself. From our conversation, my distance was even farer than his.

So I wanted to go out with him to go look for change but just then, it was my turn to go in for the interview. Already the money was in his hand, so he said I should go in for my interview while he goes out to look for change and come back. I thought I was dealing with a human being, not knowing I was making a mistake. Leaving him with the money was the mistake I made. I'm only human after all, and I have learnt my lesson but it won't stop me from being good.

To cut the story short, that guy ran away with my only N500. That was all that was with me in and out. I mean home and abroad, all with me was the N500. Account balance looks like a radio frequency - 87.9. Laughable. So nothing was reachable any where else but even after telling him, he still decided to pay me back with evil.

To think he is a job seeker and he still behave that way, I won't curse him even though he succeeded in making me trek for more than 2 hours, going home with an empty stomach.

May he reap whatever he sows. I'm sure he won't come back to the place even if he's called up for the job, which I doubt though. And I pray I am shortlisted for the job, to bring joy to me.

God will send a better help to you bro. 98% of Nigerians are wicked people and selfish. They repay kind people with evil. Please don't stop being kind.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by AwesomeDuru(m): 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

Thank you very much as you help.
Done.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by akanke79: 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2023
Tallesty1:
But you are not the guy and one will definitely meet ten guys like him before meeting someone like you.

You don't help when you don't have, the OP doesn't have.

Sincerely, that money is supposed to be inside his jeans small pocket.

Let me tell you how an average Nigerian reasons, this includes your family and mine.

If you give a Nigerian 1K, he or she will think you have a minimum of 20k somewhere because they won't part with 1K if they don't have at least 10K.

That guy didn't believe that the N5h was the OP's last money.

You guys can keep telling him that he did well to make him feel good but deep down you all won't give out your last N500 to a stranger to go and get change while you are being interviewed.

Letting him step out of sight with that money was careless.

I think the average Nigerian problem is the entiltlement mentality.A stranger owes you nothing so if they offer to help appreciate it as a priviledge not a right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Tallesty1(m): 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2023
Learner247:

Your logic is correct. However, there are people whose nature isn't just like that. They believe in humanity even if they have been betrayed before. One may say they are not logical, or that they are careless, but they don't intend to be. Once they see people in need, they respond without looking back.

In my experience, I can guarantee that the guy who went away with that money will NEVER be as successful as the guy he took it from.
I have helped people a lot and I have been cheated a lot and I will do my best tomorrow if I feel like it. If you have the heart to give, humans will take advantage of you. This is known but we do what we do to satisfy our conscience .

I accommodated someone for over a year and he moved out with almost all my properties when I was not around.

I learned the hard way but still no one would blame me for doing what I did. That is where the OP's case is different.

If my home and abroad is N500, guy I won't give anyone a kobo from it, unless I am deeply moved and I won't let the person walk away with it. No change? I am sorry.

There was a time my friend was down on cash, his friend called and asked for urgent financial assistance, dude told her that he was having just 90k. She pleaded with him to lend her N50k, saying that it was important. He gave her.

Later that evening, she posted on her status how she needed N50k and reached out to friends and 7 people sent her money, some sent more than what she asked for yet she didn't have the mind to return the N50k to that guy.

Do what satisfies your conscience but always remember that 98% of good people carry last.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by xavuv: 12:09pm On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

Sorry about the ordeal brother. In all situations give glory and thanks to God.

Don't curse the guy that went away with the money, not just yet. Universe works in mysterious ways. He will come in handy for you sooner or later in ways i can't explain. He might even get the job while yours is left out. This is the feeling i was struck with when i read your post.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by AFONJACOW(m): 12:10pm On Apr 04, 2023
odenkirk:
i need this our poverty to excalate into war i want 50years of war in this country
I have increased my fence to 4 meters from it previous height.. infact u wil think it's stadium fence and am planning of building spacious bunker with enough food storage in undisclosed mountain land in eziagu Enugu for my aged parent who refused to live in state...

If they like let them burn the country to ashes I will be laughing them from here 🤣
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by dominique(f): 12:13pm On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

I totally understand that the mistake I made was leaving the money for him. However, he has taught me a lesson in a hard way.

How did you eventually get home
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Isabi4lov: 12:13pm On Apr 04, 2023
Sorry for that , some people are just naturally wicked undecided

You guys should connect those of us that are job hunting.

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by becky39000(m): 12:31pm On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:
May God bless all the job seekers with good jobs.

May God not bless that guy that did his fellow man bad angry
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by ogene144(m): 12:32pm On Apr 04, 2023
Learner247:

Sorry about that experience. Be assured that you will be very successful in life.

Drop your bank details.

Modifiedd
Sent.
Help me too should I drop my aza
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:32pm On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:
May God bless all the job seekers with good jobs.
Amen.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by jimcaddy(m): 12:34pm On Apr 04, 2023
I don't know why people tend to take your generosity for stupidity. And we do that a lot in this part of the world
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by akanke79: 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

Really?
Dont mind him.Toxic people always have a way to poison the mind of humane people.Just be cautious next time.Where are you based
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by SammyLeeSneh(m): 12:37pm On Apr 04, 2023
Which human u be,u be mumu
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by izubext007: 12:38pm On Apr 04, 2023
Empathy is preferable than sympathy. Sorry bro
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by adeniyilamlek(m): 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

i lik dat part, lord is your strength..

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Desusi: 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

I can understand this. Some people are just something else. What would the common change do for him and for how long?
Could it be level of poverty in the country?
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by yinkbell: 12:48pm On Apr 04, 2023
Tallesty1:
You don't know me enough to form that opinion.

You met a total stranger and you gave him your last card to get change and return your balance because the street was in heaven and you are Angel Gabriel? May common sense not depart from us in times like this.

Jesus[b][/b] came doing good and healing the sick but how did he end? las las it was on the cross that he found himself.

That's is

That's is why He is called Jesus Christ; the savior of the world.
He has come to save the world from their sins and remove their sinful nature.

He purposely came to die for human sins and their wickedness.
It looks foolish to you?
The message of the cross always look like foolishness.
People who feel cheated yet folded their arms and place the matter into the hands of God even after forgiving the offenders also look like fools just like their master- Jesus Christ!

Jesus may look like a fool on the cross but Scripture says that in him reside all treasure of wisdom!

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2023
dominique:

How did you eventually get home

"he succeeded in making me trek for more than 2 hours going home".
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 12:51pm On Apr 04, 2023
Isabi4lov:
Sorry for that , some people are just naturally wicked undecided

You guys should connect those of us that are job hunting.

Please. Very important.

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2023
Slurity:
Just 2k sent. just manage it. Dont stop helping people. it pays.

Received. Thank you very much.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 12:54pm On Apr 04, 2023
akanke79:

Dont mind him.Toxic people always have a way to poison the mind of humane people.Just be cautious next time.Where are you based

Kaduna

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month / Is It Good For A Lady To Wear Trouser To An Interview? / LNG Recruiting

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.