Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon (22211 Views)

Fellow Job Hunters Please Help / 4 Shocking Facts About Lying On Your CV Every Job Seeker Should Know / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 12:55pm On Apr 04, 2023
Desusi:

Could it be level of poverty in the country?

I think so but then, you should be able to know that N500 can not take you out of poverty.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by tony9k: 1:04pm On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

Received. Thank you very much.

Did you get the 1.5k I sent you earlier?
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Joyrider404(f): 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2023
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by dannybee(m): 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2023
Tallesty1:
This is not being human, you were careless
he is human and not careless, it is the guy that ran away with the money that is callous
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 04, 2023
Carelessness and overly simple nature caused your pains. Suck it up!
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by alibiz: 1:16pm On Apr 04, 2023
People are terrible, same way my colleaque meet our boss in regards to his financial problems so our boss order that I should lend the guy some money to pay back by the end of the month, which I deed only to meet guy for the money after several months, he told me not to disturb him, that he did not request for money from me but our boss.
That word alone choke me ...
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 1:25pm On Apr 04, 2023
tony9k:

Did you get the 1.5k I sent you earlier?

Yes I did. Thank you so much.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Kobicove(m): 1:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
PowerOfLove:
People are just terrible.

Very terrible but they will be the first to quote bible and quaranic verses angry
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by BRATISLAVA: 2:02pm On Apr 04, 2023
Caaz:
Been nice most times is a curse.i have had lots of regretful experiences.

One I helped recently when hunger wanted finishing his destiny,had the gut to credit my money inside my acct with fake alert.

Today he still came to asked for #500 to feed.
I opted sending my kid to go give him food.
To help some sets of humans dey very frustrating wallaihi.

Why do you keep feeding your enemy? Do you owe him something that forces you to keep feeding him even after he scammed you freely?

Help us understand.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Dshocker(m): 2:03pm On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:
I have noticed that some Nigerians have a way of putting all the blames on politicians as the ones destroying the country when they themselves are equally contributing.

A fellow job seeker turned back and do evil to me for the good intention I had for him. I was only trying to be a human which of course I always try to be no matter how tight it is with me. Not as though I have but I would share the little i have when I see someone so in need.

I met this guy in an interview venue and we got talking based on job search experiences, how we got to hear about the very one we were at, about the company, tips we can use to perform better in the interview and all that.

I think we were more than 40 in that place and interview was based on first come, you pick a number based on your arrival time and wait to be called in.

So the guy went in first before me, and came out to meet me waiting. On coming out, I tried to ask him to hint me based on some questions asked inside. The interview was scheduled for 10am but it started way late, around to 12pm. So not long after which he came out, he started complaining of hunger. I told him I am hungry too, and truly nothing entered my mouth that morning, so I was seriously hungry too. From hunger, he brought in the issue of how he managed to get to the venue due to lack of transport fare. He then asked me if I can assist with any amount to pay his way back. To be very open with him, I removed the last N500 that was with me and showed him. I told him I am the same. We are all struggling as we don't have a job yet. In fact, why I have N500 in my pocket is because I woke up early enough to prepare which I partly trekked to the place just to save some expenses. Just because I saw frustration in him and the humanity in me won't let me be, I wanted to give him N150 from the money while I keep N350 for myself. From our conversation, my distance was even farer than his.

So I wanted to go out with him to go look for change but just then, it was my turn to go in for the interview. Already the money was in his hand, so he said I should go in for my interview while he goes out to look for change and come back. I thought I was dealing with a human being, not knowing I was making a mistake. Leaving him with the money was the mistake I made. I'm only human after all, and I have learnt my lesson but it won't stop me from being good.

To cut the story short, that guy ran away with my only N500. That was all that was with me in and out. I mean home and abroad, all with me was the N500. Account balance looks like a radio frequency - 87.9. Laughable. So nothing was reachable any where else but even after telling him, he still decided to pay me back with evil.

To think he is a job seeker and he still behave that way, I won't curse him even though he succeeded in making me trek for more than 2 hours, going home with an empty stomach.

May he reap whatever he sows. I'm sure he won't come back to the place even if he's called up for the job, which I doubt though. And I pray I am shortlisted for the job, to bring joy to me.

Although a sad one for me but I pity his life.

Guy are you sure you are a Nigerian?

I can't even give a man of God money, to help go look for change, haba.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Jaqenhghar: 2:05pm On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

You think he can come back to the place even if he's shortlisted?
Never underestimate the shamelesness of people. He will come and even ask you for money again

2 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by deltateam: 2:15pm On Apr 04, 2023
He should have waited for you to finish the interview or consider other options like asking another person or even trekking.

You didn't act wisely. He was even a stranger being a job seeker doesn't make him family.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Ephemmm: 2:33pm On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:
I have noticed that some Nigerians have a way of putting all the blames on politicians as the ones destroying the country when they themselves are equally contributing.

A fellow job seeker turned back and do evil to me for the good intention I had for him. I was only trying to be a human which of course I always try to be no matter how tight it is with me. Not as though I have but I would share the little i have when I see someone so in need.

I met this guy in an interview venue and we got talking based on job search experiences, how we got to hear about the very one we were at, about the company, tips we can use to perform better in the interview and all that.

I think we were more than 40 in that place and interview was based on first come, you pick a number based on your arrival time and wait to be called in.

So the guy went in first before me, and came out to meet me waiting. On coming out, I tried to ask him to hint me based on some questions asked inside. The interview was scheduled for 10am but it started way late, around to 12pm. So not long after which he came out, he started complaining of hunger. I told him I am hungry too, and truly nothing entered my mouth that morning, so I was seriously hungry too. From hunger, he brought in the issue of how he managed to get to the venue due to lack of transport fare. He then asked me if I can assist with any amount to pay his way back. To be very open with him, I removed the last N500 that was with me and showed him. I told him I am the same. We are all struggling as we don't have a job yet. In fact, why I have N500 in my pocket is because I woke up early enough to prepare which I partly trekked to the place just to save some expenses. Just because I saw frustration in him and the humanity in me won't let me be, I wanted to give him N150 from the money while I keep N350 for myself. From our conversation, my distance was even farer than his.

So I wanted to go out with him to go look for change but just then, it was my turn to go in for the interview. Already the money was in his hand, so he said I should go in for my interview while he goes out to look for change and come back. I thought I was dealing with a human being, not knowing I was making a mistake. Leaving him with the money was the mistake I made. I'm only human after all, and I have learnt my lesson but it won't stop me from being good.

To cut the story short, that guy ran away with my only N500. That was all that was with me in and out. I mean home and abroad, all with me was the N500. Account balance looks like a radio frequency - 87.9. Laughable. So nothing was reachable any where else but even after telling him, he still decided to pay me back with evil.

To think he is a job seeker and he still behave that way, I won't curse him even though he succeeded in making me trek for more than 2 hours, going home with an empty stomach.

May he reap whatever he sows. I'm sure he won't come back to the place even if he's called up for the job, which I doubt though. And I pray I am shortlisted for the job, to bring joy to me.

When did this happened please?
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Prechgold1180(m): 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

. Send me your account number if you can see this
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Elbethel1: 2:46pm On Apr 04, 2023
Sorry for what he made you pass through and may God bless you for your resolve not to stop being good. There's this local adage which say, the nose is the most cruel because it can't smell a bad person. May God repay you in thousand fold
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 2:54pm On Apr 04, 2023
Ephemmm:

When did this happened please?

Just yesterday being Monday.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Godsonkemz(m): 2:56pm On Apr 04, 2023
Having only 500 naira. Indeed people are suffering. This is repaying kindness with wickedness. I'm sure you learnt a lesson from it that you should never trust humans.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 2:57pm On Apr 04, 2023
Prechgold1180:
. Send me your account number if you can see this

Thank you.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by SPAMBOX7: 3:04pm On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

By trying to be human you couldn't apply wisdom.

You could have collected your money and asked him to wait. If he had refused then you let him go. After all you was the one that was offering help so I doubt if he would have left without waiting for you to come out. But anyways you have learnt a good lesson.
While helping do not neglect your ability to apply wisdom when necessary. Ciao

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Nkwomarket: 3:12pm On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

I wish to refund the 500 naira. Please reach out to me with your acc details.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 3:19pm On Apr 04, 2023
Nkwomarket:

I wish to refund the 500 naira. Please reach out to me with your acc details.

Thank you.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MasterTeeUSA: 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2023
I sent a small token with the inscription - Continue to do good, no matter what - IDAGBA Empowerment Foundation

MostImportant:

I'm just seeing this sir. I will appreciate so much. Thank you. 4472 031501, Ecobank, Samuel Nk. Ini
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Prechgold1180(m): 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

4472 031501, Ecobank, Samuel Nk.. Thank you.
Sent you 2k manage
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by stanza(m): 3:48pm On Apr 04, 2023
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 3:56pm On Apr 04, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
I sent a small token with the inscription - Continue to do good, no matter what - IDAGBA Empowerment Foundation

Thank you very much.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 3:57pm On Apr 04, 2023
Prechgold1180:

Sent you 2k manage

Thank you very much.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Ephemmm: 4:01pm On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

Just yesterday being Monday.

Indicate your account number please.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by UYEMDO35(m): 4:05pm On Apr 04, 2023
Hahahaha, your story is over funny. Honestly to be sincere am sorry for laughing, it's just kind of funny... The guy is an ingrate and I believe someone else will do same to him 2 and he will feel how it is. Just accept it as the will of God. I believe better things are coming your ways.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 4:12pm On Apr 04, 2023
Ephemmm:

Indicate your account number please.

. Thank you.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by ogyunging(m): 4:33pm On Apr 04, 2023
Lmao. U no wan pay for expo bah Dey play!
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

And you think they would go back and start opening files one after the other to look for his? That is if he even attached a passport to his file that could help identify him. The only time that could have worked, is after the interview.

Like i said before, by the grace of God,i can't make such mistake even in the dream.

So if na your phone too e wan start to make call or e dey mk call with, you for liv am for his hand go inside wear you no go see am for eye ( this na person you no know b4 ) hmmm.

However,if i dey with you i for go tell the interviewers say so so guy wey come out so so time wey wear so so so cloth Don move my g last cash.

They go make announcement for wear every other job seekers gather or go ask security one or two questions but even before i do so i go ask one or 2 people if any guy drop money with anyone around if not them 4 someone that is if i com meet you for the sin ground.

I will tell the interviewers and if they don't do anything i will peacefully try to make all job seekers still waiting no what has happened "

I will just make a simple announcement on my own b4 i leave that money was given to someone dat lacked funds and the person can't be found with the balance, did anybody give anyone any cash to keep for
someone" ?

there is a possibility that he also might have given it to someone who might be expecting you to ask because he is not too sure who you are.

The guy fit done even giv de secu of the company the money,i must ask questions b4 i leave.

If anyone is holding such money and has the fear of God, the person will ask you how much is it and some other questions and later give you your money .

What if the money was $100 note and you travelled from another state to that state for the interview, you 4 still carry leg trek go back ?

Let me still say,by the grace of God,i can't make such mistake even in the dream.

Modified
What if you recognize him somewhere else were maybe you are in a position to offer him a job and you remember him what he did and he tells you he gave the money to

someone bcuz he received an emergency call or was too hungry and had to hurriedly leave b4 you return.... at that moment you won't have any prove to say he didn't bcuz you didn't ask anyone questions .

The person he gave the money might be too busy preparing for dia own time to go in and possibly didn't notice you when you came out .

How can someone i want to give some cash to that i don't know com hol my cash for hand ?
Who does that ?

It is just like giving a stranger you want to give a lift your auto mobile key and go out of their sight leaving your key with them d@ is why i said even if it is in the dream,by the grace of God i can't make such mistake .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Inec Recruiting / 5 Tips To Increase The Value Of Your CV / Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Very Selfish Yet Expect A Miracle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.