Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon (22045 Views)

Fellow Job Hunters Please Help / 4 Shocking Facts About Lying On Your CV Every Job Seeker Should Know / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Jacksparrow7(m): 11:20am On Apr 04, 2023
This thing happened to me in junior school, even inside taxi, 3 times.
I hope you have learnt your lesson. Next time be precautious. The guy is a human being. A human being can be many things: a theif, killer, armed robber, cultist, foolish, wise, stupid, rappist, idiot, betrayer, back stabber, etc.
No matter the condition someone finds himself, I am not broken by it (even I have found myself in bad conditions that I slept in an uncompleted building along the road), I am only broken that I COULDN'T HELP the person, period, and I walk away.

THE TIME OF HELP WILL ALWAYS COME, AND WHEN IT COMES, IT WILL BE FREELY IN YOUR POWER, IT WON'T EVEN SUBTRACT A SCRATCH FROM YOU. If you don't believe me, then why don't you also GIVE THEM THE LIFE OF YOUR DAUGHTER. IF YOU THINK YOUR WHOLE PROPERTY IS ENOUGH, THAT, MY FRIEND, IS A BIG FALSE.
It is the nature of human to collect money out of loop holes, from those they don't know. To not do so means you're not wise at all.
Even I collect money too. If you like call me devil,I don't care.
Example: passenger and bus driver.
When driver gives you more than your change money, do you turn back? NO!!! Ok what if the driver had free cash to give, and wanted to give you?! Answer that.
But when it comes to friends and family and people you know and neighbors, we don't exploit this, but tell them and correct it. This way we build trust.
You understand.

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Originalsly: 11:21am On Apr 04, 2023
N500 is a small price to pay to learn that people are like spice ... they come in different flavours.. Are all peppers hot? ... how do you treat a pepper you don't know if it's hot or not? ... as a sweet or a hot one? The same way you treat a person you don't know ... safeguard yourself from getting burn. Same applies to gf's.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Desusi: 11:22am On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:
I have noticed that some Nigerians have a way of putting all the blames on politicians as the ones destroying the country when they themselves are equally contributing.

A fellow job seeker turned back and do evil to me for the good intention I had for him. I was only trying to be a human which of course I always try to be no matter how tight it is with me. Not as though I have but I would share the little i have when I see someone so in need.

I met this guy in an interview venue and we got talking based on job search experiences, how we got to hear about the very one we were at, about the company, tips we can use to perform better in the interview and all that.

I think we were more than 40 in that place and interview was based on first come, you pick a number based on your arrival time and wait to be called in.

So the guy went in first before me, and came out to meet me waiting. On coming out, I tried to ask him to hint me based on some questions asked inside. The interview was scheduled for 10am but it started way late, around to 12pm. So not long after which he came out, he started complaining of hunger. I told him I am hungry too, and truly nothing entered my mouth that morning, so I was seriously hungry too. From hunger, he brought in the issue of how he managed to get to the venue due to lack of transport fare. He then asked me if I can assist with any amount to pay his way back. To be very open with him, I removed the last N500 that was with me and showed him. I told him I am the same. We are all struggling as we don't have a job yet. In fact, why I have N500 in my pocket is because I woke up early enough to prepare which I partly trekked to the place just to save some expenses. Just because I saw frustration in him and the humanity in me won't let me be, I wanted to give him N150 from the money while I keep N350 for myself. From our conversation, my distance was even farer than his.

So I wanted to go out with him to go look for change but just then, it was my turn to go in for the interview. Already the money was in his hand, so he said I should go in for my interview while he goes out to look for change and come back. I thought I was dealing with a human being, not knowing I was making a mistake. Leaving him with the money was the mistake I made. I'm only human after all, and I have learnt my lesson but it won't stop me from being good.

To cut the story short, that guy ran away with my only N500. That was all that was with me in and out. I mean home and abroad, all with me was the N500. Account balance looks like a radio frequency - 87.9. Laughable. So nothing was reachable any where else but even after telling him, he still decided to pay me back with evil.

To think he is a job seeker and he still behave that way, I won't curse him even though he succeeded in making me trek for more than 2 hours, going home with an empty stomach.

May he reap whatever he sows. I'm sure he won't come back to the place even if he's called up for the job, which I doubt though. And I pray I am shortlisted for the job, to bring joy to me.

Although a sad one for me but I pity his life.
Wow!Nigerian! Sometimes, l used to wonder who bewitched us for all these evils.We are not trustworthy, reliable, faithful and dependable. Sorry my brother, all men are not the same. I was to collect my balance from a fellow passenger on a public bus when we got to our final destination as a result of the pairing made by conductor. As soon as we alighted from the bus,the young man quickly came down and disappeared like a lightning.!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Focusmind: 11:23am On Apr 04, 2023
Nigerians and their "dirty" "smart" "smart" "sharp" "sharp" guy kind of doing things.

For his mind, him don run you street!! I hate these kind of guys. They will be forming "sharp" guy and yet, cannot use their senses and so called "smartness" to help their situation.

Op, dont mind him. The job is yours and you will pepper him las las.

2 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by VIKTO83(m): 11:23am On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:
I have noticed that some Nigerians have a way of putting all the blames on politicians as the ones destroying the country when they themselves are equally contributing.

A fellow job seeker turned back and do evil to me for the good intention I had for him. I was only trying to be a human which of course I always try to be no matter how tight it is with me. Not as though I have but I would share the little i have when I see someone so in need.

I met this guy in an interview venue and we got talking based on job search experiences, how we got to hear about the very one we were at, about the company, tips we can use to perform better in the interview and all that.

I think we were more than 40 in that place and interview was based on first come, you pick a number based on your arrival time and wait to be called in.

So the guy went in first before me, and came out to meet me waiting. On coming out, I tried to ask him to hint me based on some questions asked inside. The interview was scheduled for 10am but it started way late, around to 12pm. So not long after which he came out, he started complaining of hunger. I told him I am hungry too, and truly nothing entered my mouth that morning, so I was seriously hungry too. From hunger, he brought in the issue of how he managed to get to the venue due to lack of transport fare. He then asked me if I can assist with any amount to pay his way back. To be very open with him, I removed the last N500 that was with me and showed him. I told him I am the same. We are all struggling as we don't have a job yet. In fact, why I have N500 in my pocket is because I woke up early enough to prepare which I partly trekked to the place just to save some expenses. Just because I saw frustration in him and the humanity in me won't let me be, I wanted to give him N150 from the money while I keep N350 for myself. From our conversation, my distance was even farer than his.

So I wanted to go out with him to go look for change but just then, it was my turn to go in for the interview. Already the money was in his hand, so he said I should go in for my interview while he goes out to look for change and come back. I thought I was dealing with a human being, not knowing I was making a mistake. Leaving him with the money was the mistake I made. I'm only human after all, and I have learnt my lesson but it won't stop me from being good.

To cut the story short, that guy ran away with my only N500. That was all that was with me in and out. I mean home and abroad, all with me was the N500. Account balance looks like a radio frequency - 87.9. Laughable. So nothing was reachable any where else but even after telling him, he still decided to pay me back with evil.

To think he is a job seeker and he still behave that way, I won't curse him even though he succeeded in making me trek for more than 2 hours, going home with an empty stomach.

May he reap whatever he sows. I'm sure he won't come back to the place even if he's called up for the job, which I doubt though. And I pray I am shortlisted for the job, to bring joy to me.

U both will meet again.
Mark my word.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Tallesty1(m): 11:23am On Apr 04, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Don't come here and talk as if you're from or living in the moon, just to make the Op feel bad.

Are you telling us you have never been in a situation where you had to trust a stranger for one thing or another before??
An Indian guy just met me along the road 2days ago and pleaded for me to snap him with his phone. So, he was careless for handing over his phone to a stranger?

If i had decided to run away with his phone, i would be the one who had a problem, not him who placed his trust on me.

As humans, we are bound to place that trust on people sometimes in our lives and it's purely normal.

What such people eventually do with the trust is left for them and is completely outside our control.
It doesn't always represent carelessness on our own part.
An Indian guy giving you phone to snap him was normal, people do it but if an Indian gives you his phone to snap him then says you should take the phone somewhere to have the picture edited and printed and then return the phone with the picture to him, that will be foolishness.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 11:23am On Apr 04, 2023
Juliearth:
You trust too easily. Take this as a lesson. As a matter of fact, be glad that it is happening now and with a meagre amount as against in the future with millions.

That is the problem I have. I become to free with people to easily. That was how a guy I met in one viewing centre, I barely knew much about him and I brought him to my house. That guy stole one of my shoes. I have learnt my lesson.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Offpoint1: 11:24am On Apr 04, 2023
Had such a experience at boundary market.

Was trying to get some fruits, this pregnant girl came to me in need of N200 to buy something, I since the Hausa guy selling doesn't have change. I gave 1k, asked her to buy what she wants and return change so I can paid for the fruits I bought.

The girl too the money, I was standing their watching her dissappear with my money, I didn't even bothered going after her. I stood there giving her benefits of doubts for more than 30 minutes, she didn't return.

I just shook my head, the Hausa guy sef what's surprised, fortunately I had extra 2k with me. I paid for my fruit and left... I'm not the type that expect much from humans, I know our nature.

9 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by naturefellow(m): 11:25am On Apr 04, 2023
ILikeYou:
You have collected the money back from him before going inside. To me, it wasn't sensible enough you risk your last card.
we lose guard when we're at our wit's end, or apply sympathy without sense.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by geesilver(m): 11:25am On Apr 04, 2023
Wawelexy:
What if you were both employed? What explanation is he going to give? Just too bad..

Pray you get the job
, he would tell him they run him the#500 on his way to change it , they kidnap him because of#500 and drop him at his door step

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by naturefellow(m): 11:28am On Apr 04, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I don't even know why I'm laughing at this evil I just read. Forgive him wholeheartedly and ask God to bless you in return. Do not hold him in your heart, release him for your own blessings, use the situation as point of contact. God's test can come in the least expected ways. It is well with you.
so a balablu supporter can be this benevolent

2 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 11:28am On Apr 04, 2023
WantsandMore:
Sorry Buddy, but atleast you exercise small.

Yeah but they it is improper to exercise under such condition.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Tallesty1(m): 11:28am On Apr 04, 2023
Badguy77:

Just stop this, why do people reason like this? Do you think everybody will be heartless as not to help people like you? Oga rest
You don't know me enough to form that opinion.

You met a total stranger and you gave him your last card to get change and return your balance because the street was in heaven and you are Angel Gabriel? May common sense not depart from us in times like this.

Jesus came doing good and healing the sick but how did he end? las las it was on the cross that he found himself.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 04, 2023
naturefellow:
so a balablu supporter can be this benevolent
We Asiwaju supporters are very good at heart, we just don’t fall for manipulations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by tony9k: 11:30am On Apr 04, 2023
I have transferred N1,500 to your account

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by LordErrk: 11:32am On Apr 04, 2023
Na you fxck up. First of all, your comfort comes first before anything. Secondly, you should never trust anyone more than 70%.
Now I hope with these few points of mine, you have learnt your lesson
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Jokkarm2: 11:33am On Apr 04, 2023
guys, my story is funny but is a reality. i assisted a friend in 2015 for a flight ticket to US, as at today he does not call or talk to me. he has not paid the money but he s living with his wife in the US. he s from cross river state.
what is keeping me going is that fact that i have stopped thinking about it .

2 Likes

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 11:34am On Apr 04, 2023
AwesomeDuru:
Your experience made me remember the time I was job hunting too.

How I would trek the whole of Lagos looking for a job.

Just believe that it's a phase that'll definitely come to an end.

DM your bank details sir.

Thank you very much as you help.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by naturefellow(m): 11:35am On Apr 04, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
We Asiwaju supporters are very good at heart, we just don’t fall for manipulations
Okoto... does your principal have a good heart?
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by AFONJACOW(m): 11:36am On Apr 04, 2023
Graduate hustling for a job of 30k crying over ordinary 500 naira. But when you told them to vote wisely they will turn it to social bantering, tribal bigotry...

Enjoy the Tulumbu you voted, and cry for another 4yrs to repeat the same mistake very soon you will get a job as private in Nigeria Army to go and fight bandits and fulani terrorist who are increasing in strength recently and he promised you during his campaign
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by Tallesty1(m): 11:36am On Apr 04, 2023
akanke79:

He did nothing wrong to be honest.It is only that Nigerians are greedy,dishonest and have no fear of God despite numerous churches and mosques littering the cities.
if i were the guy offered such money to change, i will definately give him back his change and see him as a helper not dupe him and behave like a narcissist or unmerited favours seeker.
But you are not the guy and one will definitely meet ten guys like him before meeting someone like you.

You don't help when you don't have, the OP doesn't have.

Sincerely, that money is supposed to be inside his jeans small pocket.

Let me tell you how an average Nigerian reasons, this includes your family and mine.

If you give a Nigerian 1K, he or she will think you have a minimum of 20k somewhere because they won't part with 1K if they don't have at least 10K.

That guy didn't believe that the N5h was the OP's last money.

You guys can keep telling him that he did well to make him feel good but deep down you all won't give out your last N500 to a stranger to go and get change while you are being interviewed.

Letting him step out of sight with that money was careless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by odenkirk: 11:36am On Apr 04, 2023
i will do thesame as he did. i will run with ur last 5h
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 11:37am On Apr 04, 2023
Slurity:
Drop your account number, let me compensate you with just a token.

It's is pasted just above. Thank you as you are led by the spirit to assist.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 11:38am On Apr 04, 2023
odenkirk:
i will do thesame as he did. i will run with ur last 5h

Why? For being good to you?

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by odenkirk: 11:38am On Apr 04, 2023
AFONJACOW:
Graduate hustling for a job of 30k crying over ordinary 500 naira. But when you told them to vote wisely they will turn it to social bantering, tribal bigotry...

Enjoy the Tulumbu you voted, and cry for another 4yrs to repeat the same mistake very soon you will get a job as private in Nigeria Army to go and fight bandits and fulani terrorist who are increasing in strength recently and he promised you during his campaign
i need this our poverty to excalate into war i want 50years of war in this country
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by correctguy101(m): 11:38am On Apr 04, 2023
IblivinJesus:

By the grace of God,
Even in the dream i can't make such error.

However, you were supposed to go back and report him to the interviewer . They might call his number and trick him to come or you will be sure he won't get the job at least that

way you will be helping your interviewer not to employ a bad person and they might have assisted you with transport after trying to reach the guy .

Modified
Do not be easily moved by people's stories.

Even if you want to help to pay for transport fare for a stranger,give the money to the driver or conductor .

Most beggars like that are drug junkies no matter where you meet them whether in church or on the road.
If they ask for food, check around to see if the place is a busy place then look for a food vendor around and pay the money to that person .

Last wise word
Tell the driver, conductor or food vendor not to give the money to the person that is if you are going before the vehicle sets off or if there is a crowd waiting to buy food.

My personal story

A woman in her late fifties was in a road side park and asked me to please pay transport fare for her that she wanted to go to owerri that she misplaced her money and phone .

I took pity on her and asked her how much she said about #5000 naira would do plus she would like to take some refreshment as they are going I said okay...

I went to ask the passengers in the car loading and they confirmed the price she told me was correct.

I asked for the driver and they showed me,I walked a few steps back to the lady to come so that i can give the driver the money and tell him to give her the change for refreshment but she said she is not a kid that i should give her the money in the hand to pay by herself .

I new i had seen a local thief .I just left her and went my way.

This ur personal tori reach pesin do skit o grin

I had same experience with one young man some years back.
Walahi, I just don't understand how the mad boy disappear from inside bus o, and I've already paid conductor.. grin angry

The werey wan use my money go smoke loud...smh

Junkies everywhere.

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by kiddkash(m): 11:38am On Apr 04, 2023
For it is written. 'cursed is anyone that puts his trust in princes'
It is better to trust the Lord than put confidence in people
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by odenkirk: 11:39am On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

Why? For being good to you?
i just dont have any pity left in me. u dont know his reason for running away with the 500h
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 11:39am On Apr 04, 2023
Deeprooted:
Mod please permit me to ask for his account details

Thank you sir.
Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by MostImportant(m): 11:42am On Apr 04, 2023
akanke79:

Thank Op for the humanity you displayed.
Sorry about what happened,you are a good soul but the Nigerian environment dont appreciate people like you unfortunately.
Do you have the job now.

The interview was just yesterday. I'm still waiting to hear from them.

1 Like

Re: What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon by yemi1504: 11:43am On Apr 04, 2023
MostImportant:

You are just getting to know most Nigerians are sh1t? I got to know that the day I stepped back into this country!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. / N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month / Is It Good For A Lady To Wear Trouser To An Interview?

Viewing this topic: captaininiobong(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.