Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Web Designers Needed - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Designers Needed (1226 Views)

We Need Web Designers Urgently / Clients Who Cheat Web Designers After Getting A Demo / Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Designers Needed by kay: 8:21pm On Sep 02, 2007
I currently head an advertising agency based in Magodo, Lagos. We are starting an online marketing subsidiary because we believe the future of advertising is online. We need webdesigners to come in as partners and part owners of this business, preferably one male and one female. I've seen a few of this kind of request posted on nairaland and i seriously am not ready to answer questions through the nairaland medium. Interested parties should pls call me on 01-7636311. Serious pple pls.
Re: Web Designers Needed by Afam(m): 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2007
People should call you? Ok, that's interesting.

It's like someone that wants to buy a GSM phone asking phone manufacturers and GSM companies to call him/her.

Gy, it should be the other way round, you can ask for email addresses or phone numbers to send emails to or to call.

You require the services of web designers more in this case, not necessarily the other way round.

Enjoy.
Re: Web Designers Needed by tundewoods(m): 9:47pm On Sep 02, 2007
@ Kay

what's the point of posting a phone number ?If you 're really serious as you claim to be i expected you to simply included an external url that points to probably your website,blog or whatever to view or download more information about the task you require web designers for.

Afterall that's what i would do if i were in your shoes.
Re: Web Designers Needed by my2cents(m): 1:33am On Sep 03, 2007
kay,

better yet, you can point your browser to www.webmastersofafrica.com , click on "find a webmaster", filter the criteria based on your location and have tons of potential web designers at your virtual door step.

Give it a try. You have nothing to lose wink
Re: Web Designers Needed by kay: 12:25pm On Sep 03, 2007
I would not want to join issues with anybody here. I simply sent in aa enquiry requesting anybody that was interested to contact me. I'm the one that knows my business, i'm the one that has mapped out a plan on how to realise it and i didn't ask for a critique 'cos it seems as if that's all some pple come to do on nairaland. Anybody that's interested in my request should pls contact me on 01-7636311. And thanks mytwocents. You're just about the only one that came up with a reasonable suggestion out of all the people that's replied so far.
Don't know the problem with some pple. They can't even recognise some business opportunities when its right under their very nose.
Re: Web Designers Needed by Afam(m): 1:04pm On Sep 03, 2007
Kay,

No vex you hear?

Just airing my opinion just as you aired yours, no offense.

Until you are able to understand the analogy with the person looking for GSM phone to use asking GSM service providers and GSM manufacturers to contact him/her and seeing the futility in that you will certainly not understand why I made the comment I made.

Enjoy and good luck with your project.

NB: Based on your strategy, can you possibly handle up to 200 calls today on this project assuming 200 people decide to call you without your battery going flat?

There is always a right way and a wrong way of doing anything in this world and as they say it's your world and your choice.
Re: Web Designers Needed by kay: 4:18pm On Sep 03, 2007
Up yours Afam! Now will u bloody well mind your own business if u're not interested.
Re: Web Designers Needed by Afam(m): 4:24pm On Sep 03, 2007
I am not interested but again you need to understand the meaning of a public discussion forum.

Anything you put down is subject to anyone commenting on so if you don't want people writing what you can't understand do personal emails.

So, I will not bloody well mind my own business when you keep putting things down that make me wonder why people think they are presenting business opportunities when they don't know how to go about them.
Re: Web Designers Needed by MisterMan(m): 5:49pm On Sep 03, 2007
Kay, I think Afam is right. And to say "Up yours Afam! Now will u bloody well mind your own business if u're not interested", that is quite rude of u. This should be a place 4 gentlemen, not 'Agberos' (tout).  He made a very good statement that what if 200 pple called? How do u handle that? He is just trying to help u out. To ask pple to call u! Do u know how much that is going to cost somebody. And no guarantee that something +ve will come out. In the era of per second billing? Or will u want to do night call? It is better to IM and then you can get to the next stage. For u to really appreciate how useful his comment is, how many pple have called u?
Re: Web Designers Needed by Afam(m): 6:49pm On Sep 03, 2007
@Misterman,

The problem with Nigerians is bigmanism, they always feel hurt or bad whenever someone advices them on how to do things better because they always believe they know it all.

I can't imagine how my comments were taken the way he took them when I was only pointing him to a more workable route towards what he wants to achieve.

Anyway, I wish him good luck, good thing is that people with such attitudes easily show them and for some of us we certainly don't have time for such even if the project is worth millions of naira.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Web Designers Needed by tundewoods(m): 6:54pm On Sep 03, 2007
@ Afam
Don't mind Kay,infact i sometimes wonder why folks will come to web developers forums with some little leads on a project and start playing the TIN CAN GOD. it simply beats my imaginations.

@ Kay

Here is my prophesy regarding this so called job that is making you full of yourself.I ain't no prophet but i can promise you that you will not get a single call from a professional,do you know why ?No professional strip low to start calling for details with the level of tantrum you have displayed simply because someone was telling you the honest truth.

I sometimes laugh when some folks just gate crash in the web developers section of nairaland and start threads regarding web job offers.From my observation and statistics 95% of you job posters can't afford us grin
Re: Web Designers Needed by bloodline: 8:46am On Sep 04, 2007
You guys should stick all your negative opinions up your asses, the guy just posted a request and yah all taking shots at him. The big problem of being a member of Nairaland.com Freaks!
Re: Web Designers Needed by Afam(m): 9:11am On Sep 04, 2007
There is nothing to gain by taking shots at the poster.

I am sure he can do just fine waiting for people to call him even though I don't believe it is a good option considering the alternatives.

As regards your comments proper telling same to your father won't be a bad idea unless you have been doing that all your life, silly.
Re: Web Designers Needed by my2cents(m): 2:35pm On Sep 04, 2007
sooooo,

Here are my 2cents on this:

1) If I had access to a site/info medium where I could check out designers (say, www.webmastersofafrica.com tongue), I would have the power to filter out unnecessary noise. Why? cos I could check out their websites and their portfolio and make up my mind based on what I see.

2) If I didn't have access to such information, I would have no choice but to broadcast for the information. Would 1 million pple suddently show up outside my doors looking for a job? It's a possibility. However, I am willing to take that risk. The more the better as I would have the upper hand when it comes to getting the best applicants. Would it take all day? Possibly. But that is the price I pay to get the best minds. In today's economy, no pain, no gain. If you are not willing, especially in a market with high unemployment, to sacrifice something in the hopes of getting a job, then perhaps you shouldn't blame anyone but yourself for your lot in life.

Basically, my last question would be, "So you have seen the 10,000 other people who are here for the same job. Why should I choose you over the others?" Not all questions should be technical. You need to see how pple would react amongst other people. You need to throw them off by asking questions they won't expect. I personally don't care if you wrote PHP5 yourself. If you have no social skills, forget it.

3) In my broadcast, I would probably include my email address. I barely like talking on the phone as it is. With emails, I can easily weed out unwanted interviewees. Again, if I get 1 million emails, all the better.

In conclusion, I guess in the end, it is all about personal taste.

Just my 2 cents
Re: Web Designers Needed by kay: 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2007
Well said as usual, my2cents. I took your suggestion and visited webmastersofafrica. There's only one nigerian webmaster listed and we've already initiated discussions. Two other webmasters called me and i've seen some of their sites. But i'm still open to other possibilities. Here's calling on any interested web designer on trhe nairaland forum. I have a very good business idea but can't achieve it without the services of web designers. Interested web designers can come in as partners without dropping a single penny. My number once again is 01-7636311. My email is kao71za@yahoo.com. Pls this is a very serious business proposition and its open to all web designers. Any uninterested party should find something better to do with his/her own time instead of posting unsolicited opinion. Afam pls take note. grin
Re: Web Designers Needed by Afam(m): 9:21pm On Sep 04, 2007
@Kay,

Without going through what I have stated again, your comments have proven me right in pointing out that asking people to call you will not serve a better purpose when compared to other cheaper and more effective channels.

Have you not added an email address? Why do so if you felt those advicing on alternatives were stupid?

2 calls.

I am sure more than 2 people will be interested in your project but why would people pick up the phone, spend anywhere between 2 minutes and 10 minutes to get details of what you want done?

This is a forum and even though I am not interested in your project it does not stop me from making comments that others may find useful even if you decide to put them in the trash can.

Good luck with your project.

@my2cents,

Sometimes I wonder what you intend to achieve with some of your comments especially as regards other people.

If you want to handle the project for the guy give him a call and arrange to do it.

He has been to the website you referenced and he said he saw 1 web designer, maybe your advice was the best after all.
Re: Web Designers Needed by my2cents(m): 10:59pm On Sep 04, 2007
Sometimes I wonder what you intend to achieve with some of your comments especially as regards other people.

Afam nothing really. Atimes, I see the glass as both half-empty and half-full. From past experience, I have been scarred by giving absolute answers. So to me, the answer to any question you have (even "what is 1 + 1?"wink is "it depends". Atimes, I also like playing devil's advocate. tongue

As for doing the work for him, I probably would if I were a designer. Even if I were a designer, chances are (and I hope this isn't the case) that seeing I am in the US, kay gets turned off cos he thinks I may charge "dollar rates (whatever that is)". I have sent in proposals for at least 5 jobs posted here and have been turned down every single time. It is very discouraging, but at least I get jobs from elsewhere (even from Nigerians in Nigeria) to keep my spirits up and running embarassed
Re: Web Designers Needed by Nobody: 3:54am On Sep 05, 2007
Well i don't really understand what u guys are battling over here, kay says that's the way he want to do his things fine  let  him do his thing the way he pleases  on the contrary i don't think afam  has said anything wrong  he is  just trying to  put kay on the right part
Re: Web Designers Needed by bloodline: 8:45am On Sep 05, 2007
Afam two words for your sorry ass, Bleep YOU
Re: Web Designers Needed by Afam(m): 10:20am On Sep 05, 2007
bloodline:

Afam two words for your sorry ass, Bleep YOU

Tell your father that.
Re: Web Designers Needed by Afam(m): 10:36am On Sep 05, 2007
my2cents:

Afam nothing really. Atimes, I see the glass as both half-empty and half-full. From past experience, I have been scarred by giving absolute answers. So to me, the answer to any question you have (even "what is 1 + 1?"wink is "it depends". Atimes, I also like playing devil's advocate. tongue

As for doing the work for him, I probably would if I were a designer. Even if I were a designer, chances are (and I hope this isn't the case) that seeing I am in the US, kay gets turned off because he thinks I may charge "dollar rates (whatever that is)". I have sent in proposals for at least 5 jobs posted here and have been turned down every single time. It is very discouraging, but at least I get jobs from elsewhere (even from Nigerians in Nigeria) to keep my spirits up and running embarassed

Hmm. Well I believe it's always the best to say things as they are, that way whoever you are dealing with will be ready at all times to say I believe what he is saying.

As regards web projects and clients you never know why people choose some designers over others, it may not be money issue.

I turn down over 60% of projects that come my way and I even get to walk clients out of my office especially those who may have been insulting web designers in the past and believe because they are paying they have the right to say anything including insults.

A professional should charge for his services and anyone that is ready to do business with him/her must do so based on criteria that protects both the professional and the client. The only thing I cannot achieve with PHP and MySQL is have these tools drive me to work. Every good web programmer can web enable any business process but in doing this respect must be a 2 way thing.

I often tell some of my friends who are into web development that they are inviting more trouble and insults when they fail to caution clients who will be wrong and abusive at the same time.

So, my friend, there is no use playing the devil's advocate on such issues. Being honest, transparent and yet professional is key.

Do have a good day.
Re: Web Designers Needed by kay: 11:13am On Sep 05, 2007
Na wa o Afam. Since you have decided to waste your time speaking on an issue where your opinion is not welcome, i'll just leave u to go on posting cos' i have better things to do with my precious time. Thank God and Nairaland that I now have several options to choose from because others that are not so stuck up like you have called me. And don't worry, despite all your attempt at selling yourself with the SQL and other technical jargons u mentioned, I wouldn't touch you with a 100 feet pole because its very obvious you'll be a difficult person to work with. u've really got an attitude problem bro. And as from now, u can post all you care to cos I ain't replying your posts again. au revoir
Re: Web Designers Needed by kay: 11:15am On Sep 05, 2007
And Afam, you have a penchant for abusing people's parents. You really need to watch it. U know. as they say, what goes around, I'm quite sure u wouldn't want pple insulting your parents here.
Re: Web Designers Needed by Afam(m): 11:51am On Sep 05, 2007
Kay,

See me see trouble, I remember stating very clearly that I am not interested in your project so why would I want to sell myself to you?

If I turn down over 60% of projects that come my way (remember I do not even advertise my website because the last time it was on my signature I could not handle requests, what you have there is my personal blog where I rant about anything that catches my fancy) why should I be interested in a project being owned by someone whose ego will not allow him realize his mistake when he makes one?

About talking about my skills, they say if you've got it flaunt it, I make no apologies for the skills I have and have used it for clients (reasonable ones) both within and outside Nigeria. I did not steal the skills and I choose where to apply them.

On the penchant for abusing people's parents I have not abused anyone's parents here (unless as usual you have failed to understand a very simple post), I have advised people that use certain words on others here to try using same on their fathers, if they consider such actions bad then they should understand why they should not use it on others. Maybe the person or persons are related to you and as such what they say makes sense to you.

Remember to keep the forum posted on the number of calls, the last time it was 2, how many now?

You should be humble enough to accept advice or corrections, you will only get better by doing so.

Let me make it crystal clear again, even with N1M on the table for your project and even if it will take me 5hrs to complete it I will let it pass because I will simply not entertain your type, it is clients like you that I happily show the door when they come to my office.

Meanwhile, good luck with your project, I sincerely mean it and don't mistake that for wanting to know or even handle it.

(1) (Reply)

Problems Faced By Young Web Entrepreneurs In Africa Below 30yrs / The Unreliability Of Web Designers/developers? / Get Ur 100% Free ".com" Domain For Your Blog/website Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.