Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,952 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night (1530 Views)

The Allegory Of Adam And Eve / Watch T.B. Joshua Dancing In The Streets Of Mexico City! / Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by Tonyet1(m): 11:47am On Sep 20, 2011
I was in a dream just last nite, in it I saw this group of folks in a pilgrimage sort of, they were all dressed on brown colored garments and traveling to a land. I was amongst them and then i approached one aged looking man and asked him where he thinks we were headed for and he said: ". . .to heaven" and i was like no no I heard heaven has a street made of Gold with pearl gates and the angels are dressed on white and then he beamed a smile but would say nothing.

In my curiosity I created something like a fiasco - trying to tell them we were heading for the wrong side and then i began hearing whispers deep within saying

[list]
[li]When God told the Israelites about the land flowing with milk and honey, did it flow such literally or it was an expression of something else?[/li]
[/list]

. . .I was dumbfounded and then i recalled to myself and realised that this same land of milk and honey in the bible became a land where blood were spilled in war btw the Israelites and their foes. . .this same land has known no peace till date.

[list]
[li]The bible never meant we will be clothed in any such thing as white thus the brown garments I saw, rather the white symbolized the state of our hearts[/li]
[/list]

I have so much to share from this dream but before I do, let me ask : will there be a literal street of Gold in heaven or it is just some paradox sort of? pls share?
Re: The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by nuclearboy(m): 2:40pm On Sep 20, 2011
First, the issue of a land flowing with milk and honey - imagine if Israel owned all the land in the middle east without borders. Consider what we call "Black Gold" today; how it flows non-stop under the ground there! I therefore think it was meant, though not literall, yet again literal.

But the curses of Deuteronomy ended up sticking to them due to them breaking covenants and thus, they as it were, sold their birthright! And so they live in it yet not in it, seeing what ought to have been but not having it!

I think the allegory of heaven being paved with "Gold" also works in the same way. A street is a pathway or road or the "walk" of a man and gold being what it is, the heavenly walk WILL be one filled with treasure (knowledge, joy, peace and possible profiting in other ways), a walk to be looked forward to and which will be envied by any who miss it!
Re: The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 20, 2011
Tonye-t:

I was in a dream just last nite, in it I saw this group of folks in a pilgrimage sort of, they were all dressed on brown colored garments and traveling to a land. I was amongst them and then i approached one aged looking man and asked him where he thinks we were headed for and he said: ". . .to heaven" and i was like no no I heard heaven has a street made of Gold with pearl gates and the angels are dressed on white and then he beamed a smile but would say nothing.

In my curiosity I created something like a fiasco - trying to tell them we were heading for the wrong side and then i began hearing whispers deep within saying

[list]

[li]When God told the Israelites about the land flowing with milk and honey, did it flow such literally or it was an expression of something else?[/li]
[/list]

. . .I was dumbfounded and then i recalled to myself and realised that this same land of milk and honey in the bible became a land where blood were spilled in war btw the Israelites and their foes. . .this same land has known no peace till date.

[list]
[li]The bible never meant we will be clothed in any such thing as white thus the brown garments I saw, rather the white symbolized the state of our hearts[/li]
[/list]

I have so much to share from this dream but before I do, let me ask : will there be a literal street of Gold in heaven or it is just some paradox sort of? pls share?

You won't be there so don't worry about it !!!

Think more along the lines of , streets of burning sulphur  grin
Re: The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by DeepSight(m): 2:46pm On Sep 20, 2011
nuclearboy:

. . . . imagine if Israel owned all the land in the middle east without borders, . .

. . . thus, they as it were, sold their birthright!

I am not aware of anytime in recorded history that the land you have referred to was the birthright of the nation or people called Israel.
Re: The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by nuclearboy(m): 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2011
@Deep Sight:

I was speaking to T-T who knows of what I speak! Even then, you did see the words "IMAGINE IF", didn't you?
Re: The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by Image123(m): 9:03pm On Sep 20, 2011
Sounds more like you need a lot of rest, retreat and renewal. Hope it's not got to do with dad?
Re: The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by Tonyet1(m): 11:20am On Sep 26, 2011
Image123:

Sounds more like you need a lot of rest, retreat and renewal. Hope it's not got to do with dad?

Nah! nah! my brother. . .how u dey?

frosbel:

You won't be there so don't worry about it !!!

Think more along the lines of , streets of burning sulphur  grin

grin grin grin grin How far?
Re: The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by seyibrown(f): 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2011
@ OP

Abeg, share the rest of this dream with us jooo!
Re: The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by Tonyet1(m): 10:52am On Oct 21, 2011
seyibrown:

@ OP

Abeg, share the rest of this dream with us jooo!

Official chores has been crazy on me!
Re: The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by Tonyet1(m): 11:06am On Oct 21, 2011
nuclearboy:

First, the issue of a land flowing with milk and honey - imagine if Israel owned all the land in the middle east without borders. Consider what we call "Black Gold" today; how it flows non-stop under the ground there! I therefore think it was meant, though not literall, yet again literal.

But the curses of Deuteronomy ended up sticking to them due to them breaking covenants and thus, they as it were, sold their birthright! And so they live in it yet not in it, seeing what ought to have been but not having it!

I think the allegory of heaven being paved with "Gold" also works in the same way. A street is a pathway or road or the "walk" of a man and gold being what it is, the heavenly walk WILL be one filled with treasure (knowledge, joy, peace and possible profiting in other ways), a walk to be looked forward to and which will be envied by any who miss it!

Hi Nuclearbaba,

Yeah yeah your adduces make alot of senses. . .but would i be wrong to assume that your assumptions are as good as mine and that means you believe as I do (after my dream) that our beloved home heaven may not necessarily be coated with street of gold nor a pearl gate whatsoever.

I say this on the following grounds based on your suppositions that:

You think that "the land of milk & honey" could simply have meant the same thing as "the land of black gold". If so( judging by this), it then means Heaven(where we intend to rest for awhile until our new Jerusalem come) may just be a place where we could have "a glorified earth" where all 'em bad guys arent to be found anymore.

Probably a place where the supposed "street of gold" may just be a place that could be adjudged as a "street of high value" sort of. And if this is true, it then means many lessons in the bible could be considered as allegoric. whatchathink?
Re: The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by Tonyet1(m): 11:53am On Oct 21, 2011
. . .my dream contd'. . .

the second whisper i heard brought this surprise to me such as could pass cold thru' my spines (*for those who remember dreams, sometimes you could have this dream where you could literally feel your emotions and senses and at the same time you know you'r dreaming. . .maybe its called a trans but i cant say of what i barely know)

And then i began feeling this consciousness talking to me within and it made me realise that[i] "Jesus ascended to heaven not changing the clothes he must have worn when he resurrected, how come he could make his way through?" Secondly, does it not send the message that heaven could be full of spiritual beings wearing any sort of clothings such as could be "brown robes" and the likes.?[/i]
Re: The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by Sweetnecta: 12:35pm On Oct 21, 2011
Satan finally revealed to T-T his place of residence.
Re: The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by plappville(f): 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2011
Sweetnecta:

Satan finally revealed to T-T his place of residence.

Who has made a muslim a dream translater? This should ve nothing to do with a muslim!!! OMG u just can't stay away, yet u don't believe in JESUS.
Re: The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by Joagbaje(m): 3:36pm On Oct 21, 2011
Tonye-t:

[c : will there be a literal street of Gold in heaven or it is just some paradox sort of? pls share?[/color]

Of course there is literal street of Gold in heaven. It is said that gold is the cheapest material in heaven.
Re: The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 21, 2011
Joagbaje:

Of course there is literal street of Gold in heaven. It is said that gold is the cheapest material in heaven.

Show me where this is in the Bible cool
Re: The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by Joagbaje(m): 4:34pm On Oct 21, 2011
The logic is If sand is the cheapest thing here. It's in that sense gold is seen as cheapest in heaven.

Revelation 21:21
21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
Re: The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by seyibrown(f): 6:35pm On Oct 21, 2011
Joagbaje:

I can connect with the logic , but it is not REALLY said anywhere. Is it? grin grin
Re: The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by vescucci(m): 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2011
What difference does it freaking make? It's either useless truth or useless untruth. Useless info either way
Re: The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by mrmayor(m): 8:13pm On Oct 21, 2011
Joagbaje:

Pastor Jo,  grin grin grin grin grin grin

If the biblical writers knew about Platinum, Ipad,BlackBerry, flat screen tv, private jet, I'm sure Revelation would very different.

I've always wanted to know what Heaven is supposed to look like and what people who go to heaven will be doing all day, I'm told there are no beer, tombo, suya, burger, ice cream in heaven and no EPL, that must surely make it a boring place, don't forget no Ikebe, no yanshing sad tongue.

Always nice to see the Three Musketeers ( Nuclearboy, Deepsight, Image123,) in one thread. wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night by Daiquiri: 3:50pm On Oct 23, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Why / Woman Know Thyself...understanding The Three Basic Needs Of A Woman. / This Might Make Most Atheist Believe In God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.