Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding (1779 Views)

Suggest Where I Can Learn Cyber Security/cloud Computing / Apart From Programming And Coding, What IT Related Career Is In High Demand? / What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by RhodaNelly: 9:54pm On Apr 04, 2023
Please I need a certified site or physical institution where one can learn Cyber security and coding. The fee is important as well. Thank you so much.
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:06am On Apr 07, 2023
RhodaNelly:
Please I need a certified site or physical institution where one can learn Cyber security and coding. The fee is important as well. Thank you so much.
Coursera, Udemy (formal, strict)

YouTube & online (self taught). You need determination, discipline, aggressiveness, optimism, focus.

Microverse (the best).

At the end, you must spend money (dollars) to write professional exams that will get you certified to show that you are a professional indeed, when you are ready.

You will also be required to sacrifice alot of time, relationship,

Set yourself apart, become a recluse.

At the end the benefits that you eventually derive will be worth it.

2 Likes

Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by Ernesttoby30: 7:00am On Apr 12, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Coursera, Udemy (formal, strict)

YouTube & online (self taught). You need determination, discipline, aggressiveness, optimism, focus.

Microverse (the best).

At the you must spend money (dollars) to write professional exams that will get you certified to show that you are a professional indeed, when you are ready.

You will also be required to sacrifice alot of time, relationship,

Set yourself apart, become a recluse.

At the end the benefits that you eventually derive will be worth it.

Please bro what kind of laptop (specs) can i buy to learn the cyber security and data analysis? Thanks so much
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by TUANKU(m): 8:33am On Apr 12, 2023
RhodaNelly:
INE, TryHackMe, portswigger, YouTube, TCM, Cybrary etc.

2 Likes

Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by IotEngineer: 6:15am On Apr 13, 2023
I can teach you. But you must be ready to be certified. Whatsapp me to join the Cyber Security Group page.

1 Like

Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by GNiels: 8:47am On Apr 13, 2023
Do i need to learn basic frontend before learning python for cyber security or should i simply start with python
help me please
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by favourRN(m): 6:38pm On Apr 15, 2023
RhodaNelly:

There are many options available for learning cybersecurity and coding, both online and in-person. When choosing a course or institution, it's important to consider factors such as the quality of instruction, the level of certification offered, and the cost.

One option is to look for reputable online courses or bootcamps that offer cybersecurity and coding instruction. These can be a cost-effective way to learn the skills you need from the comfort of your own home. Some popular options include Udemy, Coursera, and Codecademy, among others. Be sure to read reviews and check the credentials of the instructors before signing up.

Another option is to consider physical institutions or training centers that offer certification programs in cybersecurity and coding. These can be more expensive, but may offer more hands-on instruction and networking opportunities. Some institutions that offer these programs include universities and community colleges, as well as private training centers.

Ultimately, the best option for you will depend on your individual needs and goals. Consider factors such as your budget, schedule, and learning style when making your decision. Whatever path you choose, be sure to dedicate yourself to learning and practice consistently to achieve success.

2 Likes

Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by abbey2812(m): 11:21am On Apr 18, 2023
IotEngineer:
I can teach you. But you must be ready to be certified. Whatsapp me to join the Cyber Security Group page.

Please sir, can you teach me ethical hacking too?
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:08pm On Apr 18, 2023
GNiels:
Do i need to learn basic frontend before learning python for cyber security or should i simply start with python
help me please
Focus on python. Python is a multipurpose programming language.

All these languages do the same thing,

It is just like when you try to say good morning in different languages.

English language=Good morning
French language=bonjour
German=Guten Morgen
Hausa=ina kwana
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by GNiels: 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Focus on python. Python is a multipurpose programming language.
All these languages do the same thing,
It is just like when you try to say good morning in different languages.
English language=Good morning French language=bonjour German=Guten Morgen Hausa=ina kwana

thanks alot someone advised me to start with html css and java before proceeding to python buh my endgame is cyber security thanks alot
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:34pm On Apr 18, 2023
GNiels:

thanks alot
someone advised me to start with html css and java before proceeding to python
buh my endgame is cyber security
thanks alot
Okay
But don't spend/waste so much time on them html, CSS while learning

Just learn the basics and forge ahead.

See guide⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://roadmap.sh/frontend
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by Yungbliss(m): 1:29am On Apr 19, 2023
RhodaNelly:

We are on the same page

1 Like

Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by Gasayi(m): 5:26am On Apr 19, 2023
Gasayi:
Hello
Our service :

Buying/Selling

paypal
Bitcoin
Neteller
Usdt
Payoneer
Skrill
Online Payments/checkout
Gift cards
Fiverr withdrawal
Whatsapp 0706246 9313
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by IotEngineer: 11:39am On Apr 20, 2023
abbey2812:

Please sir, can you teach me ethical hacking too?

Of course, whatsapp me
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by Godfullsam(m): 5:52pm On Apr 20, 2023
favourRN:

There are many options available for learning cybersecurity and coding, both online and in-person. When choosing a course or institution, it's important to consider factors such as the quality of instruction, the level of certification offered, and the cost.

One option is to look for reputable online courses or bootcamps that offer cybersecurity and coding instruction. These can be a cost-effective way to learn the skills you need from the comfort of your own home. Some popular options include Udemy, Coursera, and Codecademy, among others. Be sure to read reviews and check the credentials of the instructors before signing up.

Another option is to consider physical institutions or training centers that offer certification programs in cybersecurity and coding. These can be more expensive, but may offer more hands-on instruction and networking opportunities. Some institutions that offer these programs include universities and community colleges, as well as private training centers.

Ultimately, the best option for you will depend on your individual needs and goals. Consider factors such as your budget, schedule, and learning style when making your decision. Whatever path you choose, be sure to dedicate yourself to learning and practice consistently to achieve success.

Pls how can someone buy courses on Udemy, courses and codeacademy or are they free to download?

Do you need to be web developer / programmer before vying into cyber security?
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by favourRN(m): 7:32pm On Apr 20, 2023
To buy courses on Udemy or Codeacademy, you need to create an account on their website and then browse through the courses available. You can then choose the course you want to purchase and complete the payment process. Some courses may be free, but most of them require payment.

Regarding your question about cybersecurity, while having a background in web development or programming can be helpful, it is not a requirement to enter the field of cybersecurity. There are many paths to a career in cybersecurity, and some individuals may enter the field with a background in networking, systems administration, or even non-technical fields such as law or business. However, it is important to have a strong foundation in computer technology and a willingness to learn and stay up-to-date with the latest threats and security measures.

Godfullsam:

Pls how can someone buy courses on Udemy, courses and codeacademy or are they free to download?

Do you need to be web developer / programmer before vying into cyber security?

1 Like

Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by rash47(m): 7:53am On Apr 21, 2023
favourRN:
To buy courses on Udemy or Codeacademy, you need to create an account on their website and then browse through the courses available. You can then choose the course you want to purchase and complete the payment process. Some courses may be free, but most of them require payment.

Regarding your question about cybersecurity, while having a background in web development or programming can be helpful, it is not a requirement to enter the field of cybersecurity. There are many paths to a career in cybersecurity, and some individuals may enter the field with a background in networking, systems administration, or even non-technical fields such as law or business. However, it is important to have a strong foundation in computer technology and a willingness to learn and stay up-to-date with the latest threats and security measures.

Upcoming scammer, your long life wish is to be a US RN... dont worry , in your next life you might be lucky...
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by Jintata: 7:06am On Jun 19, 2023
Responding to your questions on another thread that I currently don’t have access to ….

You can certainly find many of the resources you need to learn cyber forensics online. Udemy is a great option, and there are also many other platforms that offer courses and tutorials on the subject. Here are a few suggestions:

* **Udemy:** Udemy is a popular online learning platform that offers a wide range of courses on cyber forensics, including beginner, intermediate, and advanced topics.

* **Coursera:** Coursera is another popular online learning platform that offers courses from top universities and institutions around the world. There are several courses on cyber forensics available on Coursera, including a specialization in Digital Forensics and Incident Response.

* **edX:** edX is a non-profit online learning platform that offers courses from leading universities and institutions around the world. There are several courses on cyber forensics available on edX, including a specialization in Cyber Security and Digital Forensics.

* **Infosec Institute:** Infosec Institute is a leading online training provider that offers courses on a variety of cybersecurity topics, including cyber forensics.

* **Cybercrime Forensics:** Cybercrime Forensics is an online training provider that offers courses on cyber forensics and incident response.

As for your question about programming, not all of the topics you need to learn for cyber forensics require programming. However, some of the more advanced topics, such as malware analysis and reverse engineering, do require some programming knowledge. If you're not familiar with programming, I recommend taking some introductory courses before you start learning about cyber forensics.

Here are a few programming languages that are commonly used in cyber forensics:

* **Python:** Python is a general-purpose programming language that is easy to learn and use. It is often used for scripting and automation tasks in cyber forensics.
[Image of Python logo]
* **C/C++:** C and C++ are powerful programming languages that are often used for low-level tasks in cyber forensics, such as malware analysis and reverse engineering.
[Image of C/C++ logo]
* **Java:** Java is a general-purpose programming language that is used for a variety of tasks in cyber forensics, including writing forensic tools and analyzing log files.
[Image of Java logo]

I hope this helps!
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by Jintata: 7:09am On Jun 19, 2023
GNiels:
help me please

No, you don't need to learn basic frontend before learning Python for cyber security. Python is a general-purpose programming language that can be used for a variety of tasks, including cyber security. There are many Python libraries and tools that are specifically designed for cyber security tasks, such as malware analysis and reverse engineering.

Frontend development is the process of creating the user interface for a website or application. It involves using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to create the visual elements of a website or application. While frontend development can be a useful skill for cyber security professionals, it is not essential.

If you are interested in learning Python for cyber security, I recommend starting with the basics of Python. There are many online resources that can help you learn Python, such as tutorials, courses, and books. Once you have a good understanding of the basics of Python, you can start learning about the Python libraries and tools that are specifically designed for cyber security.

Here are some resources that you may find helpful:

* **Python for Beginners:** This tutorial from Real Python is a great introduction to the basics of Python.

* **Python for Cyber Security:** This course from Udemy covers the basics of Python for cyber security, including malware analysis and reverse engineering.

* **The Python Standard Library:** This documentation from the Python Software Foundation provides a comprehensive overview of the Python standard library, which includes many modules that are useful for cyber security tasks.

I hope this helps!
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by GNiels: 7:55am On Jun 19, 2023
Thank you very much you have been most helpful
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by GNiels: 8:11am On Jun 19, 2023
Sent you a mail
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by Ajstyles01(m): 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2023
IotEngineer:

Of course, whatsapp me
sorry can we chat on WhatsApp concerning cyber security
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by LUAN1: 3:41am On Jun 22, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Okay
But don't spend/waste so much time on them html, CSS while learning

Just learn the basics and forge ahead.

See guide⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://roadmap.sh/frontend
this link works somehow
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:44am On Jun 22, 2023
LUAN1:
this link works somehow
It is a road map, a guide for those that are learning on their own.
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by LUAN1: 6:51am On Jun 22, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

It is a road map, a guide for those that are learning on their own.
this is what is showing

Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:00am On Jun 22, 2023
LUAN1:
this is what is showing
From my end here the link is working perfectly

Note: I am using Google Chrome browser on Android phone.
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by Nigeriadondie: 9:07am On Oct 15, 2023
IotEngineer:

Of course, whatsapp me
Can you hack WhatsApp?
Re: Where To Learn Cyber Security And Coding by Dikastan: 11:44am On Oct 17, 2023
favourRN:

Pls can this skill help one in getting a good job abroad?

(1) (Reply)

.net Programmers How About This? / Sleeping Computer In Java / Solving The Nigerian Budget Padding Issue With PHP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.