Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,095 members, 7,852,698 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:11 AM

I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) (1076 Views)

Pictures: Abakpa, The Largest Slum In Enugu City / GVR Visits Makoko Slum In Lagos (Photos) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) by Lagoshub: 9:18am On Apr 05, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCN7qI_n21s

Makoko is an informal settlement across the 3rd Mainland Bridge located on the coast of mainland Lagos. A third of the community is built on stilts along the lagoon and the rest is on the land. The waterfront part of the community is largely harboured by the Egun people who migrated from Badagary and Republic of Benin and whose main occupation is fishing

2 Likes

Re: I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) by Mindlog: 9:27am On Apr 05, 2023
Toured the settlement some years back, still have my videos of it. I was wowed seeing women frying akara in the canoes, some youths paddling their canoes around the "neighbourhood", selling kerosene.😊😊😊

4 Likes

Re: I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) by Madmohamed123: 9:29am On Apr 05, 2023
Lagoshub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCN7qI_n21s

Makoko is an informal settlement across the 3rd Mainland Bridge located on the coast of mainland Lagos. A third of the community is built on stilts along the lagoon and the rest is on the land. The waterfront part of the community is largely harboured by the Egun people who migrated from Badagary and Republic of Benin and whose main occupation is fishing
soon they will start selling this place to Ndigbo when they develop it it will Igbo is talking our land

3 Likes

Re: I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) by Kriss216: 9:43am On Apr 05, 2023
Tinubu forgot to develop this area

4 Likes

Re: I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) by Lagoshub: 9:45am On Apr 05, 2023
Mindlog:
Toured the settlement some years back, still have my videos of it. I was wowed seeing women frying akara in the canoes, some youths paddling their canoes around the "neighbourhood", selling kerosene.😊😊😊

What I really don’t feel comfortable with is the kids swimming in the dirty water and they don’t really consider it as a thing

2 Likes

Re: I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) by Chivisee: 9:47am On Apr 05, 2023
Children of hate and perdition on their way... 1.2.3
Re: I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) by Mindlog: 9:58am On Apr 05, 2023
Lagoshub:

What I really don’t feel comfortable with is the kids swimming in the dirty water and they don’t really consider it as a thing

Sadly, it is a non-issue for them.
Re: I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) by OneCandleAway(f): 9:59am On Apr 05, 2023
Lagoshub:

Their immunity level must be very high now. If not they'll be falling sick.

Nice structures can be built on water for these people buy government doesn't care. At least Venice had houses on water.

7 Likes

Re: I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) by SmartPolician: 10:20am On Apr 05, 2023
Must everybody live in Lagos?

Why not develop other parts of the country so that people will return to their states of origin?

If you check very well, most of the inhabitants of that community won't have any ancestorial links with Lagos State.

2 Likes

Re: I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) by TheboyGhost(m): 10:26am On Apr 05, 2023
How are they surviving there?
Re: I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) by XerXers: 10:39am On Apr 05, 2023
Tinubu's Lagos
Re: I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) by Chibuzoc(m): 11:57am On Apr 05, 2023
Occupied by those shouting (igbos want to take over Lagos)

1 Like

Re: I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) by EastAlchemist: 1:14pm On Apr 05, 2023
Visited twice
Saw it as a gold mine Mann

2 Likes

Re: I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) by OneCandleAway(f): 1:21pm On Apr 05, 2023
EastAlchemist:
Visited twice
Saw it as a gold mine Mann

How?

Fishing?
Re: I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) by EastAlchemist: 2:00pm On Apr 05, 2023
OneCandleAway:

How?

Fishing?
City in water

1 Like

Re: I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) by Lagoshub: 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2023
EastAlchemist:

City in water

That’s what developers Expet propose but Lagos state government is not serious about it
Re: I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) by OneCandleAway(f): 2:21pm On Apr 05, 2023
EastAlchemist:

City in water

Like Venice?

The rich will just gather to displace these poor people ooo. Over inflate the worth of tge property.

You know Nigeria hardly considers the poor when making decisions.

1 Like

Re: I Visited The Makoko Slum In Lagos (Video) by OneCandleAway(f): 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2023
Lagoshub:

That’s what developers Expet propose but Lagos state government is not serious about it

If a private investor starts it and it strts looking nice then the hovt will want a piece of the pie. That's what happened to Banana island and the Adelekes war with givt.

(1) (Reply)

Why Can't An Igbo Catholic Become A Pope? / Jesutega Onokpasa Struggling To Defend Tinubu’s Certificate Saga On Channels TV / Omokri Bombs Obi Again, Digs Up Old Tweet Of Threat To Non-indegenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.