Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,380 members, 7,815,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 (37161 Views)

27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 9 Months / Kaduna, Abia, Rivers… 28 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In Six Months / Court Sacks Alex Otti, Assembly Candidates In Kano/Abia, Apapa Faction Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by arantess: 12:24am On Apr 06, 2023
Jorussia:
.This stats make me laugh nor be small.The article should have said Lagos and Abuja are the only states that attracted FDI.
You lack comprehension

1 Like

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by arantess: 12:26am On Apr 06, 2023
YoungLionken:
It is expected..

Apart from Anambra, no other south eastern state on the positive list. But Lagos is the main focus for them. It's a pity undecided...
Apart from Lagos no other SW state but Anambra is your focus

4 Likes

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by bhella10: 12:32am On Apr 06, 2023
ChineduAPC:

Even the Enugu Brewery was built from the accrued returns from Lagos and Ibadan when Felix Ohiwerei was the MD.South West has always been a bail out.We have saved you again from a monumental failure Peter Gregory Obi, a tax evader who lack foresight than to solicit for vote through division. Hello daddy, thank you daddy
Kai! Dan boroba shege grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by bhella10: 12:35am On Apr 06, 2023
tuzle:
I swear, with how bad the road is, which sensible foreigner will want to go through the stress and the thing wey dey vex me pass be say he no far from Lagos, just like 1hr 30mins or less with good road
Write a letter to OTA farm.
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by spartachico(m): 12:44am On Apr 06, 2023
These are the states with bad government and less secured states .... security is key and I can’t come to your states to invest my money and have me or one of my staffs kidnapped or worst case destroy my properties.

1 Like

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by finallybusy: 12:55am On Apr 06, 2023
Time to start trading with our African brothers. It's not a must for us to attract income from Caucasian countries. Money is money regardless of where it comes from.

1 Like

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by Konjiboii: 12:58am On Apr 06, 2023
Bayelsa no go fit ever get one investor locally sef
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by jersey4: 1:01am On Apr 06, 2023
Ogun goes to south Sudan to go get investors
With poor road network infrastructure shocked shocked shocked
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by Kewtt: 1:03am On Apr 06, 2023
XerXers:
Anambra attracted more FDI than other SW states put together minus Lagos. Anambra FDI is 12 times greater than Oyo. In 2021, Abia was 3rd Nationwide behind Lagos and Abujy. 2022 Anambra is 4th behind Lagos, Abuja and Akwa Ibom
Nominate Soludo and have our votes.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by KangaIye: 1:25am On Apr 06, 2023
Something is going down in Bayelsa undecided
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by kabukabu50(m): 1:37am On Apr 06, 2023
LegendHero:

I don’t know if you guy think before commenting.

Lagos has consistently gotten over >60% of the FDI inflow into Nigeria and according to you guys, Tinubu is the alpha and omega in Lagos which implies that the foreign investors would have known his past history before they bring their money to Lagos. If they can trust him in Lagos with their money, why won’t they trust him when he becomes president?

All those Lekki free trade zone, Eko Atlantic, and etc generate huge massive FDI for Lagos and they are the brainchild of Tinubu.

Besides the low budget brewery Obi brought to Anambra, what other foreign investment can he boast of while he was governor?

Eko Atlantic is a white elephant.

It will never be completed.
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by olaodun: 1:56am On Apr 06, 2023
The data is somehow what of all chinese companies springing up at Agbara and Mowe Ibafo everyday and Ogun did attract any investment

1 Like

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by omoluka: 2:13am On Apr 06, 2023
XerXers:
Anambra attracted more FDI than other SW states put together minus Lagos. Anambra FDI is 12 times greater than Oyo. In 2021, Abia was 3rd Nationwide behind Lagos and Abujy. 2022 Anambra is 4th behind Lagos, Abuja and Akwa Ibom
But why are Igbos so fixated on south West?
South West still have four states on the list of states that attracted foreign investment but south east have just one state .
*Ebonyin is one of the states that failed to attract investment in four years

Can someone help us and post the FDI data for 2020 and 2021 .

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by nesphil(m): 2:18am On Apr 06, 2023
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by OVB123: 2:38am On Apr 06, 2023
XerXers:
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by VTJN(m): 2:39am On Apr 06, 2023
arantess:

I think other South western states also make the list too. Please check properly
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by EmperorFred: 3:16am On Apr 06, 2023
Hezzyluv:
That state called kogi looks more of a good state with bad governance. I was expecting to see it on the list, but my eyes failed me.
If the state na cor north, walaihi them for don drege that river niger do sea port. kiss
Bro me sef suprised fa, I been de expect it to be number one sef
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by walata22: 3:26am On Apr 06, 2023
Nigeria is poor because the sum total of her individual constituents ,people, families, local governments and states are poor, and not very productive.
The poverty reduction model should target capacity building at the individual level ,local industries and at all local governments based on the principles of comparative advantage, meritocracy, pragmatism and honesty.
Once local industries become effective, automatically foreign investors are likely to come

Racoon:

https://www.thecable.ng/rivers-kano-abia-27-states-attracted-zero-foreign-investments-in-2022/amp
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by Ashirioluwa: 3:45am On Apr 06, 2023
Confused woe-man
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by Sheggy13(m): 4:21am On Apr 06, 2023
arantess:

You ignored the guy that started the whole nonsense Anambra vs South West on this thread and jumped on the person trying to rebutt him. Why are you guys like this?

3 Likes

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by Kog45(m): 4:52am On Apr 06, 2023
XerXers:
Here we go again,tribal craziness.Good analysis of states performances on investors but the next thing was for you to turn it to SE vs SW.Una no dey tire with all these senseless online tribalism.....Kudos to well performing states
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by Occurstaem(m): 5:05am On Apr 06, 2023
ChineduAPC:

An adult can have a brain of ant.
That would be an insult to ants. That guy's brain is non-existent.

1 Like

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by Kog45(m): 5:06am On Apr 06, 2023
arantess:

A thread was opened on states performances but a fool tried to turn it to Igbo vs Yoruba as usual,telling us Anambra had it better than other SW states apart from Lagos and the same guy always playing victim here.

Sir,be sincere what has tribal got to do with states performances through investors.It seems some people are intellectual disabled.
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by SLOVFO(m): 5:17am On Apr 06, 2023
MrAgbakoReloade:
do you know how many of ur Igbos brother shops or businesses scattered all over Oyo and Ogun state. The last people that should shut up and not cap or talk isshhhh are you Biafransss guys Lagos save many Biafransss from their potopoto enemy loving brothers that don't want their progress. The least you can do for Yorubas is to be grateful not not being hateful....
Let me tell u you lot can't win this war. Not also in in real battle field war can your lots win against the West too. I won't say more than this

Chest beating has rob you ipob biafransss lots of many things anf with this kinda behavior y'all won't smell presidency in a long time to come .

You and who is fighting? Igbos survived the civil war and what do you think they can't survive in this generation? You guys are simply suffering from inferiority complex. Igbos should be grateful to the Yorubas, for what exactly? Not as if you gave them aids or anything close to that. People that built their businesses through sheer hardwork and grace....Igbos should be grateful to the Yorubas for living in "one Nigeria"?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by Maski87: 5:17am On Apr 06, 2023
Diaspora remittance is the biggest forex earner for Nigeria and not foreign investors

1 Like

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by natanyin: 5:17am On Apr 06, 2023
The same Anambra they claim nothing is happening in 0I!!!!!
XerXers:

1 Like

Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by seguno2: 5:21am On Apr 06, 2023
gidgiddy:
Not surprised, only a foreign investor who wants to die if heart attack would invest in a country as highly insecure as Nigeria

And Tinubu is going to worsen the insecurity with agbero thugs like MC Oluomo becoming more powerful to terrorise Mama Chukwudi and her fellow Igbo people.

How do we get out of this one chance mess that we have put ourselves into
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by Occurstaem(m): 5:23am On Apr 06, 2023
Buddha3:

Disregarding political interests and affiliations, some of you sound like morons sometimes.

Much as David Umahi deserves accolades for infrastructural development, same cannot be said about his performance in Human development. Ebonyi people are largely civil servants and self-made business men and women. Even the civil service has witnessed a saddening measure of stagnation through out Umahi's 8years of governance. Promotions have been unpalatably slow. Employments haven't exactly been steady enough to warrant applause. Yet, for reasons owing to sheer political extremism, some of you can wake up and demean Peter Obi's performance while in office.

Obi built infrastructure, improved health care and education, created enabling environments for small and medium scale businesses to thrive, cleaned up the Anambra atmosphere to attract investments that translated into employments for indigenes and laid down policies that formed the foundation for the continuum in the Governance of Anambra that has trickled down to this day.

Even if you no like the man, try get conscience and say the truth as regards his achievements as a Governor, especially at a time when Anambra was a cesspit, a den for criminality and at a point he was dogged with endless challenges to his office by opposition parties and candidates.
The same is obviously applicable to the President-elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

But if it is said that Tinubu laid the blueprint for Lagos, you would flare up and argue that he never contributed anything to the development of Lagos.

In your words, "Even if you no like the man, try get conscience and say the truth as regards his achievements as a Governor".

Reno Omokri described Tinubu as the best governor Nigeria ever had. But you would argue against that.
Re: Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 by oyeb15: 5:24am On Apr 06, 2023
No sane man will invest in Nigeria. Lagos is just because of d ports.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" / Buhari To Rule Nigeria Is Like Asking A Rapist To Watch Over A Virgin – FFK / Pastor Tunde Bakare Picks APC Presidential Nomination Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.